CAMBODIAN GINGER CATFISH
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ginger in the hot oil until slightly softened and brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add catfish fillets; cook until firm, about 3 minutes per side. Remove fillets from the skillet to a plate and set aside.
- Stir fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce together in the skillet. Add onion and red bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, about 4 minutes. Return catfish fillets to the skillet and spoon sauce and vegetables over the fillets. Continue cooking until the flesh of the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes more. Garnish with green onions to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 865.7 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
GINGER CATFISH WITH VERMICELLI
Keep turmeric on hand: The super spice contains curcumin, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, toss the catfish, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon ginger, the turmeric and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large bowl; set aside to marinate 15 minutes. Combine 3 tablespoons water with the remaining 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fish sauce and 1 teaspoon ginger, the lime juice, sugar and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- When the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat, add the vermicelli and stir. Let sit until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water. Shake off as much water as possible and transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and half of the prepared sauce and toss; divide among 4 bowls.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove to a plate. Add the bell pepper and scallions to the skillet and stir-fry until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in half of the herbs.
- Top the noodles with the fish, vegetables and remaining herbs. Drizzle some of the remaining sauce on top and serve with more chili-garlic sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Fat 16 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 78 milligrams, Sodium 913 milligrams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 27 grams, Sugar 5 grams
VIETNAMESE CLAYPOT CATFISH
You'll need Asian fish sauce for this recipe, but it is easily available in large supermarkets, and, obviously, in Asian markets. In a pinch you can substitute Worcestershire, but it's really not the same. I also call for lard, which really makes a difference in flavor; you can use oil if you must. Serve this with plain white rice and a beer.
Provided by Hank Shaw
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix the brown sugar, black pepper, molasses and fish sauce and coat the fish in it. Let this stand for 15-30 minutes.
- In a pot just large enough to contain the fish, heat the lard over high heat and saute the garlic, chile and scallions for 1-2 minutes. Do not let them brown.
- Add the catfish and all the marinade. Mix well, turn the heat down to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in enough water to almost cover the catfish, then turn the heat to medium-high. Cook this uncovered until the sauce reduces by half, about 10-15 minutes. Be sure to turn over the fish a couple times so both sides get coated by the sauce.
- Turn out the fish into a bowl, and serve with white rice. Have a bowl on the table for everyone's fish bones.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 38 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 147 mg, Sodium 861 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH
- Put chicken broth, ginger, and garlic in a wide pot with a lid. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce into the broth mixture; add catfish fillets. Spoon broth over the fillets. Place cover on the pot, bring broth to a boil, and let cook for 3 minutes more. Add mushrooms, cover, and cook until the fish loses pinkness and begins to flake, about 3 minutes more. Sprinkle green onion over the fillets, cover, and cook for 30 seconds. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.1 calories, Carbohydrate 3.4 g, Cholesterol 66.3 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 760.9 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
WHITE FISH FILLETS WITH GINGER AND SOY
- In a 12 inch sauté pan (or a skillet with high sides), heat the vegetable oil. Add the ginger and cook until sizzling, about 30 seconds.
- Add the fish filets, soy sauce, water, scallions, cilantro, and rice vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pan, and remove it from the heat.
- Let the pan sit for 10 minutes (15 minutes for larger fish pieces). Place the fish in shallow bowls, divide the broth among the bowl, and garnish with shredded scallions.
GINGER CATFISH (TREY CHA K'NYEI)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, until brown and crisp, about 7 minutes. Add the fish, stir gently until thoroughly mixed with the ginger and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce and salt and stir well. Stir in the onion and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Add the red pepper and scallions and cook for another 2 minutes, then serve.
More about "asian ginger catfish recipes"
RECIPE: SPICY PONZU-GLAZED CATFISH WITH ZUCCHINI, GARLIC ...
4.1/5 Total Time 40 minsCuisine JapaneseCalories 725 per serving
10 BEST ASIAN CATFISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASIAN CATFISH WRAPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (3)Calories 344 per servingServings 4
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add catfish nuggets; cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of dark sesame oil to pan. Add cabbage, sliced mushroom caps, carrot, green onions, ginger, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender. Stir in catfish nuggets, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide the catfish mixture evenly among tortillas; roll up.
CHINESE CATFISH RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
4.4/5 Category World Cuisine, AsianCuisine AsianTotal Time 30 mins
CATFISH RECIPES ASIAN - DEPORECIPE.CO
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ASIAN GINGER SABLEFISH - SIZZLEFISH
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GINGER CANDY RECIPE WITH HONEY - CATFISH RECIPE ASIAN
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH | RECIPE | CATFISH RECIPES, ASIAN ...
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH RECIPES
RECIPES/ASIAN-GINGER-CATFISH.JSON AT MASTER ...
CHINESE GINGER FISH RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CATFISH RECIPES ASIAN - TOP40.GR
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH | RECIPE | QUICK EASY MEALS, EASY ...
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH RECIPE
WORLD BEST FLAKES : ASIAN GINGER CATFISH
GINGER GLAZED CATFISH INSPIRED BY CA KHO GUNG | EATFRESH
GINGER CATFISH - WELLNESS.COM
WORLD BEST SEA FOOD RECIPES: ASIAN GINGER CATFISH
SPICY ASIAN CATFISH WITH STIR-FRIED VEGETABLES — THE ...
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH POPULAR RECIPES
ASIAN CATFISH RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ASIAN GINGER CATFISH - MASTERCOOK
ASIAN GINGER SAUCE FOR FISH RECIPES
POPULAR RECIPES: ASIAN GINGER CATFISH
10 BEST ASIAN CATFISH RECIPES - YUMMLY
You'll also love