ROASTED BEETS WITH LEMON
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Put 2 pounds beets in a baking dish lined with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring the foil edges together; fold to seal. Roast at 325 degrees F until tender, 45 minutes for small beets and up to 2 hours, 30 minutes for large ones. Let cool. Peel the beets; cut into cubes. Whisk the juice of 1 lemon, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Toss with the beets.
- TIP: Roasting beets intensifies their sweet, earthy flavor. All they need is a simple vinaigrette.
- How to Peel and Juice a Beet
STEAMED OR ROASTED BEETS AND BEET GREENS WITH TAHINI SAUCE
I usually roast beets, but I decided to steam them for this dish. I then added some water to the steamer and blanched the greens - though you could also steam them. Beets take about the same time to steam as they do to roast, and it's a good option if you don't want to heat up your kitchen with the oven. But I find that roasted beets have a richer flavor. Here, the flavor of the tahini sauce is so pungent that it doesn't matter if the beets are muted.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, lunch, appetizer, side dish
Yield Serves 4 generously
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut greens away from beets, leaving about 1/4 inch of stems. Scrub beets with vegetable brush. To steam beets, place in a steamer above 2 inches water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cover. Turn down heat to medium. Steam small and medium beets for 30 minutes and large beets for 40 minutes, until you can pierce the beet to the middle with a knife or skewer. Remove from heat and allow to cool. To roast, preheat oven to 425ºF and place beets in a baking dish (or lidded ovenproof casserole). Add 1/4 inch water to the dish. Cover tightly. Place in the oven and roast small beets (3 ounces or less) for 30 to 40 minutes, medium beets (4 to 6 ounces) 40 to 45 minutes, and large beets (8 ounces) 50 to 60 minutes, until they are easily penetrated with the tip of a knife. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the covered baking dish.
- When beets have cooled, cut away ends and slip off skins. Slice in rounds or cut into wedges or half-moons.
- Blanch greens in salted boiling water for about 1 minute, just until they wilt. Transfer to a bowl of cold water, then drain and squeeze out excess moisture, taking up the greens by the handful. Alternatively, steam for 2 minutes, using tongs to flip the greens over top to bottom halfway through, for 2 minutes, or until wilted. Rinse with cold water, squeeze out excess water and chop coarsely.
- To make sauce, purée garlic cloves with a generous pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle, or put through a garlic press. Transfer to a bowl or measuring cup and whisk in sesame tahini. Whisk in lemon juice, beginning with smaller amount. The mix will stiffen up. Gradually whisk in up to 1/4 cup water, until sauce has consistency of thick cream or runny yogurt. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice.
- Line a platter with the beet greens and arrange beets on top and around greens. Drizzle on tahini sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
GRANDMA'S HARVARD BEETS
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minute. Add the beets to the liquid, and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat. Stir in butter, salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Serve warm or chilled.
BEETS WITH LEMON SAUCE
- In a saucepan, heat butter, then stir in brown sugar & lemon juice & cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the beets & stir until well coated, then cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until beets are glazed.
- Stir in salt & pepper, then sprinkle beets with lemon zest & serve.
BEETS IN ORANGE SAUCE
To ensure your family eats their veggies, why not top your beets with an irresistible orange glaze! -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place beets in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and slice; place in a serving bowl and keep warm., In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and pepper; stir in orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange slices if desired and zest. Pour over beets.
BEETS WITH GARLIC-WALNUT SAUCE
- Cook beets in large pot of boiling salted water until tender when pierced with skewer, about 30 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly. Peel and cut beets into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside. Combine beet greens and 3 tablespoons water in large skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until greens are wilted, about 1 minute; set aside. Cook potato in small saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Return to saucepan and mash.
- Blend walnuts, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water in processor until smooth. Transfer to bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup mashed potato, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. If thick, thin sauce with 2 to 3 tablespoons water.
- Spoon sauce onto center of platter; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Surround with beet greens and beet slices; drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with capers.
People also searched
More about "beets with lemon sauce recipes"
GOLDEN BEETS IN LEMON-GARLIC SAUCE (AIP, WHOLE30) • HEAL ...
2021-01-07 · Cut the beets into quarters and place into a large bowl. To make the lemon-garlic tigernut sauce, to a food processor or high powered blender, add freshly …
- Cut the tops off the beets and boil in a large stockpot until fork tender. Remove from heat and run beets under cool water, using your fingertips to slide the skins off.
- To make the lemon-garlic tigernut sauce, to a food processor or high powered blender, add freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, sifted tigernut flour, salt and garlic powder.* Pulse until smooth and combined. If you desire a thicker sauce, add more flour by the tsp. Alternatively, add a couple tsps of water if you’d like the sauce thinner.
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH TAHINI LEMON SAUCE - VEGAN ...
2018-04-09 · While the beets are cooling make the Lemon Tahini Sauce. Add all of the ingredients to the jar of a blender and puree on high until smooth. Season to taste with …
RECIPE: CHICKEN & CREAMY LEMON-MUSTARD SAUCE WITH CARROTS ...
2019-01-23 · To make the sauce, in a bowl, combine the fromage blanc, mustard, and the juice of the remaining lemon wedges; season with salt and pepper. To the pot of …
INDIAN-SPICED BEET VEGGIE BURGERS WITH LEMON-DILL YOGURT SAUCE
2021-05-12 · Combine all ingredients for the lemon-dill yogurt sauce in a small bowl. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use. Wash, peel, and chop 1 large (or 2 medium) beet.
- Combine all ingredients for the lemon-dill yogurt sauce in a small bowl. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wash, peel, and chop 1 large (or 2 medium) beet. Place in a food processor and pulse into small rice-sized pieces. Measure out 3 cups of grated beet and save the rest for other recipes.
- Add the rice, yellow curry powder, cumin, turmeric, dill, salt, and garlic. Turn your food processor on and process until thick and sticky (you will need to stop and stir the mixture several times).
15 FRESH BEET RECIPES - LOVE AND LEMONS
2020-10-22 · Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place each beet on a piece of foil and drizzle generously with olive oil and pinches of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Wrap …
- Place each beet on a piece of foil and drizzle generously with olive oil and pinches of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Wrap the beets in the foil and roast on a baking sheet for 35 to 60 minutes, or until soft and fork-tender. The time will depend on the size and freshness of the beets. Remove the beets from the oven, remove the foil, and set aside to cool. When they are cool to the touch, peel the skins. I like to hold them under running water and slide the skins off with my hands.
- Use a citrus peeler to peel long strips around the orange, avoiding the white pith. Grated zest would work here also. Slice ¾ of the orange into segments and reserve the remaining ¼ wedge for squeezing.
- Slice the beets into 1” wedges or chunks and place them in a bowl. If you’re using red and yellow beets, place each color into separate bowls so the red beets don’t stain the yellow beets.
BEET FALAFEL BOWLS WITH LEMON DILL TAHINI SAUCE
2021-03-22 · Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until crispy on the bottom and around the edges and they no longer stick to the parchment paper. While the beet falafels are in the oven …
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax and water in a small dish. Place the white beans in a food processor and pulse several times to break them up. Stop just before a paste forms. Transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add the grated beets, red onion, garlic, dill, both types of paprika, chili or cayenne, salt, pepper, seeds, oat flour, olive oil, balsamic, mustard, and flax egg. Stir to combine. I usually mix by hand to combine all of the ingredients really well.
- Form the mixture into 18 balls and lightly press down by hand. Place each one on the baking sheet as you go. Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until crispy on the bottom and around the edges and they no longer stick to the parchment paper.
- Place the tahini, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Finally, add the chopped dill and blend very briefly to incorporate. Just don’t blend for too long unless you want a green sauce, as opposed to a beige sauce with flecks of green!
QUINOA-STUFFED BEETS WITH LEMON SAUCE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES ...
2019-10-05 · Whisk together the lemon juice, silan, 1 ½ cups water, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Reserve ½ cup of the liquid and set aside.
- Put the beets in a medium pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to maintain a steady boil. Cook until the beets are partially tender, 15 to 20 minutes. When you poke them with a fork, you should feel some resistance. Drain and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- If you don’t want your hands to be magenta for days, put on a pair of rubber gloves. When the beets are cool enough to handle, carefully peel them without removing any flesh. A paring knife works well for this. Using a melon baller or a paring knife, hollow the beets to create a symmetrical cavity — you want to leave about ½ inch of flesh on all sides. Trim a thin slice from the bottom of each beet so it will sit flat on your work surface, but take care not to slice through into the cavity. Save the beet scraps for adding to smoothies or your lunch salad.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven heats, make the stuffing: Stir together the quinoa, leeks, oil, harissa, 2 teaspoons salt and several twists of pepper in a medium bowl.\
- Fill each beet with the stuffing, leaving a little room at the top for the quinoa to swell when it cooks. Tap the beets gently on the counter to settle the stuffing. Arrange them side by side in a wide baking pan that can hold them all in a single layer. It’s important that the beets fit snugly in the pan or they might roll over. If there’s a gap left, squeeze in a whole peeled onion for support. As the beets cook, the onion will soften, drink up the cooking juices and be a delicious bonus.
BEET BURGERS WITH LEMON DILL YOGURT SAUCE - THE ROASTED ROOT
2021-01-20 · Add 1 cup of hot water to the lentils, bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer about 35 to 40 minutes. While the rice and lentils are cooking …
- Start by preparing the lentils and brown rice. Follow the instructions on the package. I typically do a 2:1 water-to-rice and water-to-lentils ratio. Pour rice, 1 cup of water and a dash of salt in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes. Pour lentils into a small saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil. Heat to medium and stir lentils around frequently, cooking for about 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of hot water to the lentils, bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer about 35 to 40 minutes.
- While the rice and lentils are cooking, prepare the lemon dill Greek yogurt sauce. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined. Check the sauce for taste and add salt if necessary.
- Peel and coarsely chop a medium-sized beet. Pulse about 10 times in a food processor until beet is shredded into ½” slices. Measure out 1-1/2 cups of beet and set the rest aside for a different endeavor (like beet cake, beet brownies, or more beet burgers!).
- Keep 1-1/2 cups of the beet in the food processor, then add the ground cumin, yellow curry powder, dill, salt and garlic. Pulse a couple of times to combine.
LEMON AND CUCUMBER TZATZIKI WITH FRESH ... - JAM TO THE BEETS
2020-08-02 · Tzatziki Recipe. Tzatziki is one of my very favorite sauces, and one of my favorite things about Greek food. Traditionally, it’s a yogurt-based sauce made with …
- Place cucumber in a colander or strainer and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to leach out water. Squeeze in a paper towel if you want to remove more liquid.
CRISPY OVEN ROASTED BEETS WITH HERBED YOGURT DIP | LEMON ...
2018-01-08 · Place the beet strips on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the spices. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Toss to …
- Clean and peel the beets and cut off both ends. Cut them in half width wise; cut each half into 1/4-inch strips (like French fries).
- Place the beet strips on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the spices. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender, flipping a couple of times throughout the cooking process.
GRILLED BEETS WITH ZA'ATAR LEMON YOGURT SAUCE - DISHING UP ...
2017-07-20 · Toss the beets with a little olive oil and place cut side down on the grill. Cook, turning every 5 minutes or so, until the beets are tender and lightly charred. About …
CHIPOTLE BEET BEAN BURGERS WITH LEMON AVOCADO SAUCE
2018-05-23 · In a toaster oven on 350ºF, heat patties for 5 to 6 minutes, until warmed through. If using buns, place lettuce or spinach on bottom half of each bun. Top each with 1 …
ROASTED GOLDEN BEETS RECIPE BY ALISHA RANDELL
2013-04-29 · yogurt, lemon and zest until combined. If using a bowl, whisk until. fully incorporated and creamy. Refrigerate for a few hours, removing 10 minutes before needed. For …
10 BEST BEET SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-19 · Fruity Beetroot Sauce Recipe Treasure. pineapple, water, salt, Granny Smith apples, Garam Masala, red pepper and 6 more. Instant Red Sauce Jane's Healthy Kitchen.
See details »
ROASTED BEETS WITH LEMON TAHINI SAUCE | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
2014-04-14 · Roasted Beets with Lemon Tahini Sauce. by Anita at Hungry Couple on April 14, 2014 in Sides, Vegetables. See post on Anita at Hungry Couple’s site! 0.00 Mitt(s) 0 …
See details »
SALMON WITH PICCATA SAUCE, ROASTED RED BEETS & BELL PEPPER ...
INGREDIENTS (9 ITEMS) 1 unit Red bell pepper 5¼ oz Red beets 4¼ oz Green kale ½ oz Walnuts ½ oz Capers ¼ oz Garlic ¼ oz Parsley 2 Salmon fillets 3 oz Vegetable broth …
See details »
HEALTHY EATING RECIPES HOME > VEGETABLES
Lemon sauce makes fresh asparagus the perfect side dish for fish, scallops, chicken, or meat dishes Autumn Salad Fruit and nuts make this salad a fun starter or side …
See details »
BEETS WITH LEMON SAUCE - TFRECIPES.COM
Apr 17, 2019 - Beet "Pasta" with Lemon-Creme Sauce Recipe. Paleo, gluten-free, with a vegetarian option. Apr 17, 2019 - Beet "Pasta" with Lemon-Creme Sauce …
See details »
ROASTED BEETS WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE - HEALTHIER STEPS
2021-09-04 · In a bowl, add garlic, chopped onion, lemon juice, and a teaspoon of salt. Mix well and let it sit for 10 minutes. Add chopped parsley, cilantro, and oregano. Using a …
See details »
ROASTED BEETS WITH OIL- LEMON SAUCE RECIPE (Παντζάρια με ...
2020-11-13 · Roasted Beets with Oil- Lemon Sauce Recipe (Παντζάρια με Λαδολέμονο) Servings: 4. One of the best vegetarian Greek side dishes to enjoy especially during the hot …
See details »
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation low-protein healthy side-dishes fruit vegetables easy low-fat vegetarian dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol low-calorie low-in-something citrus lemon 3-steps-or-less