- 1. Combine 1 cup of the blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the blueberries and cook for 8 minutes more, stirring frequently. Serve warm.
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE FOR CREPES
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup blueberries, sugar and water. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Many berries will begin to burst and syrup should thicken. Add remaining cup of berries and allow them to heat through.
- Spoon warm compote into crepes. Drizzle with maple syrup and dollop with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with additional blueberries.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and 1/3 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until berries burst, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup berries. Cook until compote coats spoon, stirring often, about 8 minutes. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.) Serve warm.
- Combine 1/2 the blueberries, sugar, and water in a small, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, stirring often, until blueberries burst, about 10 minutes.
- Stir remaining blueberries into the simmering mixture. Continue to simmer until compote thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10.2 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 0.6 mg, Sugar 8.7 g
- Boil water, sugar, and zest in a 1-quart heavy saucepan, uncovered, 5 minutes. Discard zest. Stir in blueberries and simmer, stirring occasionally, until blueberries begin to burst, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Combine 1 cup of the blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the blueberries and cook for 8 minutes more, stirring frequently. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44 calorie, Sodium 0.4 milligrams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fiber 1 grams
More about "blueberry compote recipes"
EASY BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Sauce
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE | RICARDO
5/5 (16)Category DessertsServings 0.5Total Time 13 mins
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE | THE COZY APRON
Reviews 11Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 2Calories 65 per serving
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
4.2/5 (6)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Breakfast, Dessert, Sauces And DressingsCalories 223 per serving
10 BEST FRESH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY FRESH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE - THIS FARM GIRL COOKS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory DessertsCalories 42 per serving
- Add blueberries, maple syrup and lemon juice to a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Farm Girl Tip: My recommendation is to add half to 3/4 of the lemon juice and then taste after it's cooked for a few minutes. If you want to use the rest of the lemon juice, add it at that time.
- Heat over medium heat and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch to make a slurry. Stir until smooth, then gently told into the pan with the blueberries, taking care not to crush them.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is reduced and thickened. (It should coat the back of a spoon).
15-MINUTE BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
5/5 (205)Calories 41 per servingCategory Dessert
- Place the blueberries, water, lemon juice and stevia in a small saucepan and mix gently. Heat over low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until the blueberries are very soft and starting to burst. This should take 10-15 minutes, depending on the level of heat you use.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Allow to the compote to slightly cool and thicken, about 2 minutes. Serve alone in dessert bowls, or as a topping.
QUICK & EASY BLUEBERRY COMPOTE • LOVE FROM THE OVEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 23 minsCategory IngredientCalories 46 per serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of the blueberries with lemon juice, sugar and water. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly and allowing the blueberries to break apart and dissolve slightly.
- Add the remaining cup of blueberries to the pan. Stir well to combine and cook an additional 8 minutes or until the berries have all broken apart and formed a thick, syrupy sauce. Enjoy warm!
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE (OR BLUEBERRY SAUCE) - WILD WILD WHISK
Ratings 8Calories 73 per servingCategory Condiment, Dessert
- Add blueberries, sugar, salt, lemon zest and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes until blueberries are wilted and soft.
- Remove blueberries with a slotted spoon and cook the liquid for 2 - 3 more minutes until reduced in half and thickened.
- Continue cooking without removing the blueberries for the next 2 - 3 minutes, reduce the heat slightly so the mixture doesn’t boil over.
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
5/5 (1)Total Time 37 minsCategory Sauces & DressingsCalories 78 per serving
- Combine the blueberries, water, and honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir the lemon zest into the mixture. Allow compote to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
BLUEBERRY TOPPING (BLUEBERRY COMPOTE) - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dessert, SweetsCalories 54 per serving
- In a medium saucepan over low-medium heat combine the blueberries, lemon zest, juice and sugar stirring regularly until they have released a lot of liquid and it starts to boil.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water then stir it into the blueberries. This part is optional and you can let the juice reduce naturally, which will take a little longer.
- Simmer stirring every so often for about 10 minutes until the blueberries have softened and the liquid has thickened to a consistency you like.
EASY HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE- AMEE'S SAVORY DISH
5/5 (1)Total Time 23 minsCategory Breakfast, SauceCalories 75 per serving
- Combine half of the frozen berries and all other ingredients, except tapioca starch, in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in tapioca starch and cook a couple minutes more until thickened and liquid coats the back of a spoon.
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE (WITH FRESH OR FROZEN BLUEBERRIES) - 40 ...
Cuisine American, European, FrenchTotal Time 20 minsCategory CondimentCalories 86 per serving
- In heavy 1-quart saucepan, combine water, sugar, lemon zest, 2 cups blueberries, and lemon juice. Bring mixture to boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches mostly liquid consistency and blueberries have burst, approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 cup blueberries to saucepan. Simmer 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture has deep violet coloring. Remove from heat and let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with desired entrées.
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory How toCalories 46 per serving
- Put all the ingredients together in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it boils, mashing the blueberries with the back of a spoon.
- Serve immediately or wait until cool. You can serve it over your chia pudding or your soy yogurt, top your vegan donuts and your vegan French toast with it, spread it onto some vegan bread, or even serve it warm with your banana ice cream for a delicious contrast.
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE (BLUEBERRY SAUCE| LEIGH ANNE WILKES
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory CondimentCalories 234 per serving
BLUEBERRY CARDAMOM COMPOTE - TRUE NORTH KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory CompoteCalories 47 per serving
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE | RECIPES | NORTH BAY PRODUCE
Servings 8Total Time 30 minsCategory Blackberries, Breakfast, Desserts
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 1.75Total Time 20 mins
EASY BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
5/5 (3)Total Time 16 minsCategory DessertCalories 39 per serving
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE | CANADIAN LIVING
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to make blueberry compote?In a saucepan, combine 2 cups of the blueberries with the sugar. Bring to a boil and let simmer over low heat for about 7 minutes, or until the liquid thickens into a syrup. (This will take about 15 minutes if you’re using frozen blueberries.) Add the remaining blueberries and cook for 1 minute.
How do you make blueberry compote for crepes?Directions In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup blueberries, sugar and water. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Spoon warm compote into crepes. Drizzle with maple syrup and dollop with sweetened whipped cream.
What foods can you make with blueberry compote?Blueberry Compote. Deliciously sweet and tangy, this blueberry compote made with all-natural, fresh ingredients is the perfect topping for your pancakes, waffles, French toast, and ice cream!
Can you add lemon zest to Blueberry compote?Lemon zest is added to brighten the compote’s flavor. Lemon juice is also added for that bright flavor as well as a boost of natural pectin to help thicken the blueberry sauce. Sugar – typically, I don’t use a lot of sugar to sweeten fruit compote, two tablespoons per pound of fresh fruit is enough.