ORANGE GLAZE I
- Mix all ingredients together well. Add more confectioner's sugar or orange juice to make the proper consistency for a barely pourable glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82.5 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.3 mg, Sugar 20.7 g
SIMPLE ORANGE GLAZE
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. If necessary, add more sugar to thicken or more juice to thin the glaze. Use immediately.
This glaze has just the right amount of orange flavor, so it won't overwhelm even the most delicate desserts. Drizzle it on cakes, tarts or quick breads, or decrease the orange juice (or other liquids in the Variations) slightly to make a thicker glaze that can be spread on cookies.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories quick, dessert
Yield Enough for any cake
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine all the ingredients and beat until combined and smooth; it should be about the consistency of thick maple syrup -- just pourable. Adjust the consistency by adding a little more liquid or a little more sugar. Use immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 253, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 64 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 2 milligrams, Sugar 62 grams
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ORANGE GLAZE
- For the orange citrus glaze: Whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, honey, oregano, sherry vinegar, 2 large pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Slowly incorporate the canola oil to create an emulsion. Yield: about 1 cup
- For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack over the sheet.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Coat the chicken with the canola oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the rack set over the baking sheet and roast in the oven until cooked through and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F, 40 to 50 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, brush the chicken with 2/3 cup of the orange citrus glaze in 5 minutes intervals. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Reserve the remaining glaze for Roasted Asparagus with Orange Glaze.
- For the asparagus: Whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, honey, oregano, sherry vinegar, 2 large pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Slowly incorporate the canola oil to create an emulsion. Yield: about 1 cup
- For the asparagus: Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus to the hot baking sheet and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Drizzle with 1/3 cup of the orange citrus glaze and sprinkle with some orange zest.
SIMPLE ORANGE GLAZE
- Whisk sugar with orange zest and orange juice in a small bowl until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.8 g, Sodium 0.2 mg, Sugar 15.5 g
EASY ORANGE-SOY GLAZE
The bright flavors of Asian cuisine give this recipe a tangy twist on a hearty ham glaze. Be sure to try it with pork chops or pork roast, too.
Provided by By Paula Jones
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In small bowl, mix all ingredients with whisk until well blended.
- Brush glaze over ham during last 45 minutes of baking.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
- Combine the ingredients and stir thoroughly to blend.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 483, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 124 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 3 milligrams, Sugar 120 grams
ORANGE GLAZE CAKE
Mom loved to bake-from the time I can remember, every Saturday she was in the kitchen creating another wonderful cake or pie. This tender orange cake bakes up deep golden brown and is a favorite of mine, my friends and my family. To make it even more special, serve slices with ice cream or a drizzle of Curacao. -Patricia Wright, Stratford, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan., In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition (batter may appear curdled)., Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes., Poke holes in warm cake using a fork or wooden skewer. Mix confectioners' sugar, melted butter and orange juice; spoon slowly over cake. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely. Serve with candied orange peel and additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474 calories, Fat 22g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 145mg cholesterol, Sodium 341mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the juice, zest, and sugar until thick and shiny.
- Combine both in a small bowl.
- Spread over Danish taste Great on a white cake also.
- This is the recipe I use to top my Danish with.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579.7, Fat 0.3, Sodium 3.3, Carbohydrate 146.6, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 144, Protein 1.7
ORANGE GLAZED SALMON
This is a wonderful way to cook your salmon - Serve it with Stir-fried Broccoli with almond - mmmmm, so delicious!!
Provided by Chef mariajane
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place oven rack in center of oven. Preheat broiler to high. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, stir together orange juice, brown sugar and garlic. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened and glossy, 4-5 minutes. Cool to room temperature; stir in sauce.
- Arrange fish on a broiling pan on a rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush liberally with some of the sauce. Broil, basting twice with sauce, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes. Garnish with green onions.
- Sift confectioners' sugar into a small saucepan and stir in orange juice and liqueur to make a smooth paste. Heat glaze over moderately high heat until just warm to the touch.
ORANGE-GLAZED PORK LOIN
This is one of the best pork recipes I've ever tried. My family looks forward to this roast for dinner, and guests always want the recipe. The flavorful rub, and the glaze brightened with orange juice, are also outstanding on pork chops. -Lynnette Miete, Alna, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first 5 ingredients; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. , Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine orange juice, brown sugar and mustard. In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to orange juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup glaze for serving; brush half of remaining glaze over roast. , Bake until a thermometer reads 145°, 20-40 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Reheat reserved glaze; serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 212mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic exchanges
More about "orange glaze recipes"
ORANGE GLAZE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
5/5 (14)Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 161 per serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the orange juice, zest, butter and sugar and mix well until combined and smooth.
MUSTARD-ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenDifficulty Easy
ORANGE GLAZED SALMON - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
GLAZED ORANGE BARS - LAUGHING SPATULA
ORANGE GLAZE SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORANGE SOUR CREAM MUFFINS WITH ZESTY ORANGE GLAZE
ORANGE COOKIES WITH GLAZE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE FOR CAKE, ROLLS AND SCONES | JULIE …
ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST MANDARIN ORANGE GLAZE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE AN ORANGE ICING GLAZE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
ORANGE GLAZED BAKED HAM RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
TIME TO WARM UP! 5 RED AND ORANGE GLAZE RECIPES
4-INGREDIENT ORANGE GLAZE - I HEART NAPTIME
QUICK ORANGE GLAZE - DELICIOUS ON SPICE CAKE! <BR/> — PIMP …
21 ORANGE GLAZED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
10 BEST ORANGE GLAZE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORANGE COOKIES WITH SWEET ORANGE GLAZE - BROWN EYED BAKER
CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE WITH SWEET ORANGE GLAZE - MARLEY'S MENU
EASY HONEY ORANGE GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPE | A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN
GLAZED ORANGE BUNDT CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BEST HOMEMADE ORANGE ROLLS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
ASIAN GLAZED ORANGE CHICKEN (SO EASY!) | FOODIECRUSH.COM
THE BEST GLAZED ORANGE COOKIES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
ORANGE GLAZED CHICKEN | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
CRISPY HONEY ORANGE GLAZED SALMON - CAFE DELITES
FRESH ORANGE GLAZE (ORANGE ICING FOR CAKE) - BORROWED …
ORANGE-GLAZED PORK LOIN - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
ORANGE GLAZE ICING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HAM GLAZE RECIPE ORANGE JUICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VANILLA-ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY AND DELICIOUS GLAZED ORANGE BREAD - WHISPERED INSPIRATIONS
HONEY ORANGE GLAZED CHICKEN | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE BEST ORANGE POUND CAKE WITH GLAZE - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
ORANGE GLAZE FOR COOKIES, CAKES, AND SCONES - BAKER BETTIE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #desserts #fruit #cakes #dietary #cake-fillings-and-frostings #low-in-something #citrus #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make orange glaze for cookies?To make the sweet orange glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, and enough orange juice to achieve the desired consistency (less juice for a thicker glaze, more for a thinner one). Spread glaze over top of the cooled cookies, and allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
What is orange glaze made of?This perfect Orange Glaze is packed with orange flavor, not too sweet, and - best of all - easy to make! This recipe is made with fresh orange juice and zest to make the best orange icing for cake, cookies, cinnamon rolls, and more. Plus it’s the ideal consistency to drizzle and will hold up perfectly on all your baked goods (no more soaking in!)
What is the best glaze to use with orange juice?Using fresh orange juice as well as zest packs this glaze with amazing fresh orange flavor. A choice of granulated or powdered sugar gives an option between a crunchy or soft finish. The Granulated Sugar option creates a crunchy finish which adds a different texture to anything you use it on. The Powdered Sugar Option creates a soft velvety glaze.
How do you make orange glaze for donuts?This versatile recipe can be made to be a crunchy glaze like you find on donuts or soft glaze you can pour over cakes. In a small bowl, mix together the orange juice, zest, and sugar and mix well until combined.