BRAISED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE
This is one of those simple yet impossibly delicious recipes. Slowly cooking the carrots brings out a wonderful caramelized flavour. The recipe is from Marcella Hazan's Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking, where she prefaces the recipe with, "I know of no other preparation in the Italian repertory, or in other cuisines for that matter, more successful than this one in freeing the rich flavor that is locked inside the carrot". You can do the first 2 steps ahead of time, and then just rewarm in a pan with the Parmesan before serving. The recipe is supposed to serve 6, but they are so yummy, you may only get 3 servings. Enjoy!
Provided by blucoat
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel the carrots, wash them in cold water, and slice them into 3/8 inch disks. The thin tapered ends can be cut thicker. Choose a saute pan that can contain the carrot rounds spread in a single snug layer, without overlapping. Put in the carrots and butter, and enough water to come ¼ inch up the sides. If you do not have a single pan large enough, use two smaller ones, dividing the carrots and butter equally between them. Turn on the heat to medium. Do not cover the pan.
- Cook until the water has evaporated, then add salt and the ¼ teaspoon of sugar. Continue cooking, adding from 2 to 3 tablespoons water as needed. Your objective is to end up with well-browned, wrinkled carrot disks, concentrated in flavor and texture. It will take between 1 and 1½ hours, during which time you much watch them, even while you do other things in the kitchen. Stop adding water when they begin to reach the wrinkled, browned stage, because there must be no liquid left at the end. In 30 minutes or a little more, the carrots will become so reduced in bulk that, if you have been using two pans, you will be able to combine them in a single pan.
- When done - they should be very tender - add the grated Parmesan, turn the carrots over completely once or twice, transfer them to a warm platter, and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126, Fat 8.7, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 22.6, Sodium 171.2, Carbohydrate 11.2, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 5.4, Protein 2.1
CARROTS BRAISED IN MARSALA WINE
- Choose a straight-sided sauté pan that has a tight-fitting lid and is just large enough to hold the vegetables in one or two layers. A pan that is too large will allow the liquid to evaporate too quickly; if it is too small, the vegetables will be piled too high to braise evenly.
- Melt the butter over moderate heat, so that it melts without taking on any color. Stir the carrots into the pan, and season with salt and pepper, nutmeg, and sugar. Turn the carrots over several times with a heatproof rubber spatula or wooden spatula or spoon to coat them well with the butter and seasonings. Cook gently - do not fry - stirring often, for about 2 minutes, to release the vegetable's flavor, and then pour in the Marsala. Bring to a quick boil, and then adjust the heat so the carrots just barely simmer. Cover the pan tightly and braise, shaking it well from time to time, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender. Check the pan occasionally, and if the liquid has evaporated before the carrots are cooked, add small amounts of hot water. When the carrots are tender, there should be only enough liquid left just to coat them. If there is more, turn the heat to high and boil it off.
- Carrots Braised in Lemon and Parsley: Before adding the carrots to the butter, cook one finely chopped small onion until it is tender. Substitute water or broth for the Marsala, and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. When the carrots are tender, stir in 3 tablespoons of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, and toss a minute before serving.
- Braised Carrots with Parmesan Cheese: Braise the carrots with broth or water, and when they are cooked, turn off the heat and sprinkle on 1/3 cup or more grated Parmesan cheese.
BRAISED MELANGE OF VEGETABLES GLAZED WITH PARMESAN
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the carrots, potatoes, sugar snap or snow peas, green peas, scallions, tomatoes and garlic in a large, shallow casserole. Toss with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and pour in the chicken broth. Bake until all of the vegetables are soft, about 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place under the broiler until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Serve with grilled veal chops or roast chicken, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 376, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 51 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1343 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams
PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS
"This recipe helped turn my children on to eating carrots," writes Pam Ion from Gaithersburg, Maryland. We've downsized the side dish to fit the bill for a cozy couple.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. , Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82 calories, Fat 1g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 392mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED PARMESAN CARROTS
Mom always said "eat your carrots, help your eyes." Rich in beta carotene, carrots not only support health but also taste amazing when roasted and tossed with Parmesan. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut carrots crosswise in half and then lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick sticks. Toss carrots with oil, salt, pepper and thyme; spread evenly in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., Roast until tender and lightly browned, stirring once, 12-15 minutes. Toss with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 386mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED PARMESAN-GARLIC CARROTS
I made this for Christmas, and one of my guests said the carrots were 'off the chain!' The flavor was amazing! The cheese was nicely crusted combined with the carrot and a little garlic! YUM! A nice change from the ordinary green veggie and still healthy!
Provided by Pamela J Hagen-French
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Stir olive oil and garlic salt together in a small bowl; pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add carrots to the plastic bag, seal, and shake to coat carrots completely in oil mixture. Arrange coated carrots onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast carrots in preheated oven until crisp-tender, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over carrots and continue roasting until cheese is lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese to serve, according to your taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.3 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 5.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 381.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
BAKED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN
An old family recipe. I haven't tried it in awhile, but it is a good "make ahead" when you have a house full of company.
Provided by Just Call Me Martha
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grate onions and carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Heat milk to boiling point; pour over slightly beaten eggs, beating so eggs won't cook.
- Add to carrot breadcrumb mixture.
- Spoon mixture into into buttered baking dish.
- Mix the remainder of breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley together.
- Sprinkle on top of carrot mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
PARMESAN CRUSTED BABY CARROTS
- Place carrots into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Wait 30 seconds before stirring into carrots. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 57.3 calories, Carbohydrate 7.4 g, Cholesterol 6.5 mg, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 112.8 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
GARLIC PARMESAN BAKED CARROT FRIES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: carrots, oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, fresh parsley, salt, greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200˚C).
- Slice the top and bottom off of carrots then slice them in half, slice each half into thirds lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients with carrot sticks.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how crispy you want them).
- Mix together ingredients for dipping sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve warm carrots with dipping sauce. Topped with Parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158 calories, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 4 grams
BRAISED CARROTS WITH ITALIAN PARSLEY
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add carrots, nutmeg and cinnamon, season with pepper and toss, coating carrots with butter. Continue cooking for a couple of minutes, then add water. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Carrot slices should be tender and the water evaporated.
- Whisk in remaining butter and lemon juice. Fold in the parsley leaves and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 121, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 56 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "braised carrots with parmesan cheese recipes"
PARMESAN BRAISED CARROTS | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
Cuisine AmericanCategory VegetablesServings 4Total Time 15 mins
EASY GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED BABY CARROTS - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE WITH GARLIC | EASY SIDE DISHES
BRAISED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ROASTED PARMESAN CARROTS - TABLE FOR TWO® BY JULIE CHIOU
BEER BRAISED CARROTS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
GARLIC BUTTER PARMESAN CARROTS (THE BEST CARROTS EVER!) - THE …
PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
BRAISED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
PARMESAN CARROTS - EASY SIDE DISH! - NOSHTASTIC
MAPLE BRAISED CARROTS (WITH VIDEO) - HOW TO FEED A LOON
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS - ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!
BRAISED CARROTS. PHOTO BY KIWIDUTCH | BRAISED CARROTS, CARROT …
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED CARROT - RASA MALAYSIA
BRAISED CARROTS WITH THYME RECIPE - DANIEL BOULUD | FOOD & WINE
BRAISED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE – POMODORI E VINO
BRAISED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BRAISED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE - MASTERCOOK
LEMON PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS - RASA MALAYSIA
PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS (EASY SIDE DISH) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
EASY ROASTED GARLIC CARROTS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE - EATS BY APRIL
BUTTER BRAISED CARROTS WITH THYME RECIPE - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
BRAISED AND MARINATED CARROT RECIPES | TERROIR SEEDS
ROASTED RUBY CARROTS WITH GARLIC & PARMESAN CHEESE - ITALIAN …
GARLIC & PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS - SIMPLY HAPPENINGS
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS - CHEF SHAMY
BRAISED CARROTS FROM MARCELLA H. - EPICURENUTRITION
BRAISED CARROTS WITH CUMIN AND RED PEPPER RECIPE
PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS - CANADIANCOOKINGADVENTURES.COM
BRAISED LEEKS & CARROTS WITH PARMESAN BREADCRUMBS - CUISINE …
PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SLOW BRAISED BEEF RAGU RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BRAISED CARROTS WITH PARMESAN
RECIPE: BRAISED CARROTS, MUSHROOMS & BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook carrots and cheese in a skillet?Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Wait 30 seconds before stirring into carrots.
How to cook carrots and carrots in a pan?Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Wait 30 seconds before stirring into carrots. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
How to cook baby carrots in the oven?Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over moderately low heat. Add the carrots, garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until the carrots are tender but not browned, about 10 minutes.
How to cook carrots and Brussels sprouts in a pan?Directions. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Wait 30 seconds before stirring into carrots. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes. Crowd-pleasing easy Brussels sprouts! Fresh carrots cooked in a brown sugar glaze.