GOURMET PUB BURGERS
I made burgers similar to these in my college training, and tweaked them a little to satisfy picky eaters at home! Moist and juicy burgers guaranteed every time. Garnish the burger with a slice of pancetta, ancient grainy mustard, red onion slices, iceberg lettuce, and Swiss or blue cheese.
Provided by Lauren_Francis
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, shallot, Dijon mustard, egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Refrigerate mixture to incorporate flavors, 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Form ground beef mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; lay pancetta slices in a single layer in the hot skillet. Cook until pancetta begins to sweat, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pancetta from skillet and keep warm.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook patties on the preheated grill until burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well burgers. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Place 1 burger into each of the buns; top burger with a pancetta slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445 calories, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 102.9 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 26.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 781.3 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
HAMBURGERS (TAVERN STYLE)
Here is the hamburger you get in better taverns and bars, plump and juicy, with a thick char that gives way to tender, medium-rare meat. It is best cooked in a heavy, cast-iron skillet slicked with oil or fat. Ask a butcher for coarse-ground chuck steak, with at least a 20 percent fat content, or grind your own. Keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook, and then when you do, form your patties gently. Season after the meat is in the pan.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories burgers, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Add oil or butter to a large cast-iron or stainless-steel skillet and place over medium heat. Gently divide ground beef into 4 small piles of around 8 ounces each, and then lightly form these into thick patties of around 3 1/2 inches in diameter, like flattened meatballs. Season aggressively with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat under skillet to high. Put hamburgers into the skillet with plenty of distance between them and allow them to cook, without moving, for approximately 3 minutes. Use a spatula to turn hamburgers over. If using cheese, lay slices on meat.
- Continue to cook until meat is cooked through, approximately another 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare. Remove hamburgers from skillet and allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes; meanwhile, toast the buns. Place hamburgers on buns and top as desired.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, cheese and herbs in medium bowl.
- Arrange burgers on buns, then top with mayonnaise mixture. Serve, if desired, with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, onion, pickles or our special condiments listed below.
- For AVOCADO RELISH, combine 2 diced ripe avocados, 1/2 small onion, finely diced, 1 finely chopped jalapeno or serrano chili, juice of 1 lime, 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- For CHIPOTLE KETCHUP, combine 1 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon pureed chipotle chili in adobo sauce and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- For GREEN CHILI-PICKLE RELISH, combine 3 finely chopped grilled, peeled and seeded poblano chilis, 3 finely diced kosher pickles, 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 3 tablespoons each: fresh lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro and Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 tablespoons honey.
THE BURGER BAR
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet to medium hot. Take a few paper towels and fold them several times to make a thick square. Blot a small amount of oil on the paper towel and carefully and quickly wipe the hot skillet to make a nonstick surface.
- Season the ground meat in a bowl with salt and pepper. Give it about 3 turns in the bowl with your hands or a big spoon and it's done. Shape into 4 patties. When the skillet is hot, put the burgers on the skillet and cook 4 minutes on the first side and 5 for the second side for rare; 7 minutes per side for medium, adding the cheese during the final minute or 2 to melt. Remove the burgers to a plate. Rub the skillet with the folded paper towel again to clean it. Then toast the buns cut side down for about 1 minute, just to mark them. Serve the hamburgers in the buns with the accompaniments below.
- Saute 1 pound thickly sliced mushrooms in 1/4 cup olive oil with 2 sliced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves over super-high heat until nicely browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in a couple of drops fresh lemon juice to brighten the flavor.
- Heat 2 tablespoons unsalted butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add 2 onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook slowly until well caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Thickly slice 2 pounds red and yellow beefsteak tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and 1/2 bunch chopped fresh chives.;
- Lay out 1/2 pound sliced bacon on a baking sheet, strip leaves from 1 sprig rosemary and throw them on top with lots of cracked black pepper and roast at 400 degrees F until the bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Stir together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, 1/4 cup freshly minced herbs such as parsley, basil, chives or scallion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, a little squeeze of lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
People also searched
More about "burger bar recipes"
BUILD YOUR OWN BURGER BAR - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
4/5 (1)Total Time 12 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 645 per serving
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef with the salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and herbs with your hands.
- Grill over high heat, about 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 165°F and no pink remains. If adding cheese, place on the top of the patty during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Serve immediately as desired.
THE BEST BBQ BURGERS EVER! | DAILY DISH RECIPES
4.5/5 (300)Total Time 22 mins
- Grill the patties for 12-14 minutes turning once. Do not push down on burgers or you will wind up with a dryer burger.
10 FAVORITE BURGER RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BURGER BAR IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY - FANTABULOSITY
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
GOURMET BURGER BAR - BUTTERBALL
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
THE BURGER BAR : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main-DishServings 4Total Time 35 mins See details »
100 BEST BURGER TOPPINGS IDEAS - WHAT TO PUT ON A BURGER ...
Occupation Recipe EditorEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
12 TASTY SIDES TO SERVE WITH BURGERS (OTHER THAN FRIES ...
Author Teri Tsang Barrett See details »
UNIQUE BURGER RECIPES - FOOD.COM
See details »
BAR BURGERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (5)Category Lunch/SnacksServings 6Total Time 25 mins
- Press hamburgers down onto griddle with a heavy spatula. Use pressure. this causes the hamburgers to stick to the griddle and prevents shrinkage.
THE ULTIMATE HOMEMADE BURGER RECIPE - EASY AND SO FLAVORFUL!
Reviews 10Calories 555 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients for burger seasoning - smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Pour half of the dry seasoning into ground beef, use hand to mix it into the beef, then pour the other half and do the same.
BUILD YOUR OWN GOURMET BBQ BURGER BAR! - CAKE 'N KNIFE
Cuisine GrillingCategory SandwichesServings 6Total Time 45 mins
- For the Black Pepper Bacon: Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a baking rack. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add bacon in an even layer. Sprinkle it evenly with black pepper. Bake until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the Tomato Slices: Thickly slice the tomatoes. Place on a serving plate, drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For the Caramelized Onions: In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Once hot, add sliced onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook down slowly, stirring occasionally, until well caramelized, about 15 to 20 minutes.
30 MOUTH-WATERING STUFFED BURGER RECIPES - GOURMET GRILLMASTER
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger. The sharp flavor of the blue cheese mixes perfectly with the mild sweeter taste of the red onion in this amazing burger.
- Pepper Jack Stuffed Burger. If spicy flavors are a favorite, then the pepper jack cheese in this burger, along with the jalapeño cream sauce, will definitely hit the spot.
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Burgers. The filling in these burgers is a mixture of chopped jalapeños mixed into the mild smoothness of cream cheese.
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Cheddar. Though tangy goat cheese and guacamole are interesting enough to put in the name, a sharp cheddar cheese and caramelized onions should not be ignored on this stuffed burger.
- Double Cheddar Stuffed BBQ Turkey Burgers. Though cheese stuffing is not exactly new in burgers, rarely is it seen in a simple, yet delicious, turkey burger.
- Smoked Gruyere Stuffed Burgers. Thick burgers stuffed with a smoky Gruyere, delightfully matched with bacon, will satisfy even the most discriminating dinner guest.
- Brie Stuffed Burgers with Bacon. A bacon cheeseburger reaches new levels when stuffed with brie and topped with a smooth-textured slice of avocado.
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Burgers. Take the mozzarella and marinara sauce off of the pizza and add it to a turkey burger for a new twist on an old favorite.
- Fresh Mozzarella Stuffed Pesto Burgers. Pesto is delicious, and this burger has it in abundance, with dry pesto mixed into the meat, and the jarred variety combined with mayo for a tasty sauce.
- Havarti Stuffed Barbecue Burgers. With only five ingredients, these delicious burgers are easy to make, but their taste goes far beyond simplicity to ensure guests will be begging for seconds.
BEST EVER BURGER BAR ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 175 per serving
- Add carrots and onions to food processor, and process for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides and process for 10 more seconds.
- Add ground beef, carrot/onion mixture, seasoning salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined using your fingers or a spoon.
- Spray grill with non-stick grilling spray, and cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. We like our burgers medium - an internal temp of 140-145 degrees F.
34 INCREDIBLE BURGERS TO GRILL THIS SUMMER
Author Ellie Martin Cliffe See details »
BUILD YOUR OWN BURGER BAR AT HOME | JULIE BLANNER
Reviews 3Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
13 COPYCAT BURGER RECIPES YOU CAN EASILY MAKE AT HOME ...
Author Samantha SimonPublished 2019-07-27Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
780 BURGER BAR IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, FOOD
783 pins3.7K followers See details »
900+ BURGER BAR IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, BURGER ...
954 pins2.2K followers See details »
BBQ & GRILLED BEEF BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
15 BURGER TOPPINGS TO TAKE YOUR BURGER FROM DRAB TO FAB
See details »
60 BURGER TOPPINGS YOU NEED TO TRY THIS SUMMER
See details »
RECIPES – BURGER BAR TRUCK
See details »
OUR 80 MOST POPULAR BURGER RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
See details »
You'll also love