- Mix the yeast and water in the bowl of your mixer and let proof for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the buttermilk and butter over low heat until the butter melts.
- The mixture will look badly curdled- don't worry, that's what happens when buttermilk is heated.
- It will be fine.
- Mix the salt, baking soda and sugar into 1 cup of the flour.
- Pour over the yeast, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Put the bowl on your mixer with the dough hook attachment, add another cup of flour and mix until the flour is incorporated.
- Keep adding flour until the dough comes together and is no longer sticky.
- Then let the dough knead in the machine 5-10 minutes.
- Take out of the bowl and finish kneading by hand until the dough is smooth.
- Turn into a buttered bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then a towel, and then let it sit to rise until doubled.
- Punch down the dough, divide and shape into 2 loaves, then place in greased loaf pans.
- Set aside for the second rising.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the loaves until done, about 30-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1279.9, Fat 28.1, SaturatedFat 16.4, Cholesterol 70.9, Sodium 1589.5, Carbohydrate 217.6, Fiber 8.4, Sugar 25, Protein 36.6
"This bread reminds me of sourdough without the trouble of having to prepare and replenish the starter," says Nita Anderson of Florence, Alabama. "Buttermilk gives a light tartness to the chewy loaf. It's a great all-purpose bread."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basil bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99 calories, Fat 1g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
BUTTERMILK BREAD II
- Proof yeast in warm water.
- Place the butter or margarine and buttermilk in a small saucepan. Heat slowly until butter or margarine has melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- Place sugar, salt, baking soda, buttermilk mixture, and yeast in large mixing bowl. Add 3 cups flour one cup at a time, and mix with the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer. Gradually add the remaining flour while continuing to mix. When dough is not sticky, turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead for several minutes, until the dough is soft and smooth. Place in a greased bowl, and turn once. Allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough. Divide, and shape into 2 loaves. Place in two well greased 8 x 4 inch bread pans. Allow to rise until dough has risen one inch above pans.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Loaves are done when nicely brown and hollow sounding when thumped.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49.3 calories, Carbohydrate 3.1 g, Cholesterol 0.6 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 280.3 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
This is the softest bread I have made yet and it's very flavourful. Great for toast or slathered with peanut butter, yummy!! I let the machine do the work and then bake in the oven.
Provided by bailey46
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 14 slices, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Let the buttermilk come to room temperature or microwave until almost warm.
- Add the ingredients to the machine in order given.
- Set on dough cycle.
- When complete, remove dough and shape into a log and place in a pam sprayed loaf pan.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size or about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
FAVORITE BUTTERMILK BREAD
"Crusty on the outside and tender on the inside, this bread is my family's all-time favorite," reports Michele Surgeon of Medford, Oregon. "Honey helps the crust bake up golden brown, wheat germ adds extra nutrition and the wonderful flavor will likely make it your family's standard for homemade bread, too."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add buttermilk, butter, honey, salt, baking soda, wheat germ and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. , Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into thirds. Divide each portion into thirds; shape each into a 12-in. rope. Braid three ropes; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Place in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. , Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Fat 4g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 275mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "buttermilk bread ii recipes"
HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK BREAD (TWO-LOAF) RECIPE
4.6/5 (40)Total Time 3 hrs 45 minsCategory BreadCalories 33 per serving
RECIPE BUTTERMILK BREAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BUTTERMILK BREAD II – DRSTARVE
BUTTERMILK BREAD - MY COUNTRY TABLE
HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK SANDWICH BREAD - STEP BY STEP - RESTLESS …
BUTTERMILK BREAD RECIPE (SOFT WHITE BREAD) - BREAD DAD
BUTTERMILK BREAD | RETIRED? NO ONE TOLD ME!
HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK BREAD - RED STAR® YEAST
HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK BREAD - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF …
BUTTERMILK BREAD II RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED BUTTERMILK SWEET BREAD - I AM BAKER
BUTTERMILK BREAD II | RECIPE | BUTTERMILK BREAD, BUTTERMILK RECIPES ...
BUTTERMILK BREAD II - TERRACE BLOG
NO-KNEAD BUTTERMILK BREAD - KITCHEN CONFIDANTE®
BUTTERMILK BREAD II RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUTTERMILK BREAD II - WHITE BREAD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK QUICK BREAD: WITH 10 DIFFERENT VARIATIONS
BUTTERMILK BREAD II | RECIPE | BUTTERMILK BREAD, BREAD, RECIPES
BUTTERMILK BREAD - EASY TO MAKE & EAT - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
BUTTERMILK BREAD I RECIPE
BUTTERMILK BREAD II | RECIPE | BUTTERMILK BREAD, BREAD, EASY BREAD …
BUTTERMILK BREAD II | PATTI | COPY ME THAT
MAMA'S BUTTERMILK BREAD - PAULA DEEN
BUTTERMILK BREAD - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
50 BEST BUTTERMILK RECIPES - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
BUTTERMILK BREAD II | RECIPESTY
DELICIOUSLY EASY BREAD MACHINE BUTTERMILK BREAD - THAT RECIPE
GREAT BUTTERMILK BREAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BUTTERMILK QUICK BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BUTTERMILK BREAD II | RECIPE CART
32 BEST BUTTERMILK RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
WORLD BEST DIABETIC FOOD RECIPES : BUTTERMILK BREAD II
RYE BREAD RECIPE USING BUTTERMILK - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERMILK BREAD II - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
EASY BUTTERMILK POT BREAD RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
EASY AND TASTY BUTTERMILK BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love