ENGLISH CARAWAY CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Grease and flour the bottom and sides of an 8 inch round cake pan with 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine and sugar together. Mix in caraway seeds and egg. Add flour mixture and milk, beating well. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.1 calories, Carbohydrate 39.9 g, Cholesterol 47 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 135.1 mg, Sugar 15.7 g
CARAWAY SEED CAKE
Make the most of the distinctive flavours of caraway seeds with this easy loaf, made with ground almonds and topped with flaked almonds
Provided by Natasha Illingworth
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Serves 8-10
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the caster sugar and butter using an electric whisk or wooden spoon. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla, then gently stir in the flour, ground almonds, milk and caraway seeds.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle over the demerara sugar and flaked almonds, then bake for 1 hr or until a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 33 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
CARAWAY SEED LOAF CAKE RECIPE
Looking for cake recipes, caraway cake recipes, classic cake recipes or caraway seed loaf cake recipes? This scrumptious caraway cake was a Victorian favourite. The caraway seeds taste of ...
Provided by GoodtoKnow
Yield Serves: 8-10
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Tip all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth. Spoon mixture into the loaf tin and level the surface.
- Bake the cake in the centre of the oven 160°C (320°F, gas mark 3) for 45 mins-1 hr, or until the cake feels just firm to the touch in the centre, and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 mins.
- Transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : @context https
CARAWAY SEED CAKE
- What you do is sift the flour into a roomy mixing bowl, lifting the sieve quite high to give the flour a good airing as it goes down, then simply add all the other ingredients. Now, using an electric hand whisk, combine them for about 1 minute until you have a smooth creamy consistency. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Level off the surface with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle the demerara sugar and crushed almonds all over. Bake on a lower shelf so that the top of the tin is aligned with the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 5 minutes, or until the cake is springy in the centre. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. I think that this cake tastes better after a day or two, so leave it in its liner and store in a tin. See more Loaf Tin recipes being made in on our Cookery School Video on this page.
CARAWAY SEED CAKE
Aromatic caraway seed cake.
Provided by Natasha Illingworth
Yield Makes 2lb loaf shaped cake
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Set oven to 170°C (fan). Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk together sugar & butter. Whisk in eggs & vanilla extract. Gently whisk in flour, ground almonds, caraway seeds & milk.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin. Sprinkle demerara sugar & flaked almonds on top.
- Bake for approx 60 mins. Remove from tin & leave to cool on wire rack.
ORANGE CARAWAY SEED CAKES
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. and butter and flour eighteen 1/3-cup brioche or muffin tins. Into a bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, the salt, and the baking soda and stir in the caraway seeds. In another bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter with the granulated sugar until it is light and fluffy, beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in the zest and the vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream in batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating the batter after each addition. Divide the batter among the tins, arrange the tins in a jelly-roll pan, and bake the cakes in the middle of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let the cakes cool in the tins for 3 minutes, turn them out onto a rack, and let them cool completely. The cakes may be made 2 days in advance and kept in an airtight container. Dust the cakes with the confectioners' sugar just before serving.
COLONIAL CARAWAY CAKE
A dusting of confectioners' sugar is all that's needed to top this beautiful cake. The combination of caraway and lemon is unique and flavorful.-Eleanor Davis, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In another bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour, caraway and lemon extract; mix well. , Add salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. , Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 300° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
WELSH CARAWAY SEED CAKE
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and gradually add the eggs. Fold in the flour along with the spices and orange flower water. If the mixture is too stiff, mix in some milk until a dropping consistency is achieved.
- Put the mixture into the tin and bake at 375F/190C/gas mark 5 for 50-60 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch.
- Remove onto rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550.6, Fat 26.2, SaturatedFat 15.3, Cholesterol 165.9, Sodium 197.7, Carbohydrate 70.5, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 28.5, Protein 9.5
IRISH CARAWAY SEED CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 7-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until very soft and light. Beat eggs and gradually add into creamed butter mixture, beating constantly.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; add almonds (if using) and caraway seed.
- Add gradually into creamed mixture, beating constantly.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan.
- Scatter a few more caraway seeds on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Turn out of baking pan, remove paper and cool on a wire rack.
- This cake keeps well in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 790.1, Fat 39.3, SaturatedFat 23.2, Cholesterol 250.2, Sodium 322.2, Carbohydrate 99.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 50.5, Protein 12
More about "caraway seed cake recipes"
CARAWAY SEED CAKE - WIKIPEDIA
NIGEL SLATER'S CLASSIC SEED CAKE RECIPE | FOOD | THE …
TRADITIONAL SEED CAKE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
HUGH FEARNLEY-WHITTINGSTALL'S CARAWAY RECIPES | CAKE
ROSA'S YUMMY YUMS: CARAWAY SEED CAKE - CAKE AU …
ALMOND CARAWAY SEED CAKE – MY FAVOURITE PASTIME
CARAWAY SEED CAKE - WAITROSE
10 BEST COOKING WITH CARAWAY SEEDS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARAWAY SEED CAKE - NOSTALGIC RECIPES
CARAWAY RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BANANA BREAD CARAWAY CAKE — JASMINE HEMSLEY
CARAWAY SEED CAKE - PINTEREST
MARMALADE AND CARAWAY SEED CAKE. | EATING FOR IRELAND
CARAWAY SEED CAKE | FRESH RECIPES NZ
VEGAN CARAWAY SEED CAKE - THE CHESTNUT CANDLE
CLASSIC CARAWAY SEED CAKE - FRUGALFEEDING
CARAWAY SEED & LEMON CAKE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
RICH CARAWAY SEED CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
ORANGE CARAWAY SEED CAKES RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
SEED CAKE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
MOIST CARAWAY SEED CAKE
CARAWAY SEED CAKE - GOOD FOOD IRELAND
CARAWAY SEED CAKE - IRISH EXAMINER
CARAWAY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST CARAWAY SEED INDIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARAWAY SEED CAKE | NEW ZEALAND WOMAN'S WEEKLY FOOD
LEMON CARAWAY SEED CAKE: AN OLD-FASHIONED BAKE WITH A MODERN …
CARAWAY SEED CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CARAWAY SEED CAKE - ALL RECIPES
CARAWAY SEED CAKE | ASK NIGELLA.COM | NIGELLA LAWSON
CARAWAY SEED CAKE FROM THE VICTORIAN KITCHEN
CARAWAY SEEDS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
POTATO AND CARAWAY SEED CAKES RECIPE | KITCHN
BILBO'S SEED CAKES - PERFECT FOR A HOBBIT TEA - GOOD CHEAP EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a caraway cake?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Grease and flour the bottom and sides of an 8 inch round cake pan with 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine and sugar together. Mix in caraway seeds and egg. Add flour mixture and milk, beating well.
How do you make caraway seeds in a baking pan?Sift flour and baking powder together; add almonds (if using) and caraway seed. Add gradually into creamed mixture, beating constantly. Turn mixture into prepared pan. Scatter a few more caraway seeds on top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Turn out of baking pan, remove paper and cool on a wire rack.
How do you make a lemon cake with caraway seeds?Rub the lemon zest into the sugar until very fragrant. Cream the butter in a bowl along with the lemon sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and then eggs, one at a time. Stir in the caraway seeds. Sift the flour over top and then add the ground almonds, folding all together well.
Is Caraway a'seed'?Yes, you read that correctly, caraway ‘seed’ is rather erroneously named and is probably named in such a way as to avoid confusion due to its size and shape. For those of you who didn’t know, and shame on you for not doing so, caraway has a taste somewhere between that of anise and the tang of citrus zest.