CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH CAPERS, PARSLEY AND VINEGAR
This tangy winter salad is likely to convert anyone who doubts just how good cauliflower can be. Make sure you steam the cauliflower until thoroughly tender so that it absorbs the dressing. The dish is lovely with a mix of colorful cauliflowers, but can look nice with the standard white variety.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, side dish
Yield Serves 6 as a starter or side dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the cauliflower in a steaming basket over one inch of boiling water; cover and steam one minute. Lift the lid for 15 seconds, then cover again and steam for six to eight minutes until tender. Refresh with cold water, then drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, parsley, capers, vinegar and olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower and toss together. Marinate, stirring from time to time, for 30 minutes if possible before serving. Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 134, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 115 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
CAULIFLOWER OLIVE SALAD
This colorful toss combines cauliflower and black and green olives with sweet peppers and red onion for a satisfying blend of flavors. The lemony vinaigrette coats the salad well and gives it a pleasing tartness. -Nancy Holland, Morgan Hill, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, green pepper, olives, red pepper and onion if desired. , In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and pepper; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198 calories, Fat 19g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 518mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
SPAGHETTI WITH CAULIFLOWER, GREEN OLIVES, AND ALMONDS
- Pulse olives and parsley in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook cauliflower with salt, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender and garlic is golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and boil 1 minute. Add olive mixture and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
- Add cauliflower mixture and toss well, then add cheese and toss again. If pasta is dry, moisten with some reserved cooking water.
- Sprinkle pasta with almonds and serve immediately, with additional cheese on the side.
CAULIFLOWER SALAD BOWL
- Combine cauliflower, olives, green bell pepper, onion, and pimento peppers together in a bowl.
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend, 4 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.6 g, Fat 16 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 753.2 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
CAULIFLOWER & GREEN OLIVE SALAD
My mother has made this for years. With some adaptations and couple of decades, I have come to actually like it! Originally, she made it with with Bleu Cheese instead of Feta cheese. This is a real hit at picnics.
Provided by Adrian Major
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Toss cauliflower in olive oil, then add vinegar and toss again.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI SALAD
- Place broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, and olives in a large bowl.
- Stir creamy salad dressing, sour cream, and garlic powder together in a bowl until well blended.
- Stir dressing a spoonful at a time into the broccoli mixture until vegetables are coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Cholesterol 22.1 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 519.1 mg, Sugar 11 g
CAULIFLOWER, BROCCOLI, OLIVE SALAD WITH A PARMESAN DRESSING
A nice salad for company or for any night of the week. Lightly blanched broccoli and cauliflower (still warm), tossed with olives, onions, a creamy Parmesan dressing and topped with crisp bacon. If you want, blanch the broccoli and cauliflower ahead of time and keep in a ziplock container or bag until you are ready to serve. If you want to serve it warm, just reheat in the microwave. I also do the bacon ahead and just keep in a small ziplock bag or container. This is a great salad that you can do ahead. Then just toss and serve. And any leftover dressing is great over vegetables, chicken or just as a standby salad dressing.
Provided by SarasotaCook
Yield 6-8 Salad size servings, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Dressing -- In a small bowl, mix the milk, mayo, parmesan, lemon juice, worcestershire, parsley, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Bacon -- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, saute the bacon until crispy and brown. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. Keep for later.
- Vegetables -- Bring a large pot of water to a medium rolling boil. Salt well. Add the broccoli and cook 3-4 minutes until slightly tender, not soft. We are just blanching them. Remove and immediately immerse to a bowl filled with ice water and ice cubes. You want to stop the cooking process and keep the bright green color. Remove after a minute or so and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Do the same for the cauliflower. Again, drain well.
- Salad -- Now I prefer this salad room temperature or even warm, but you can easily serve this chilled. You can warm up the vegetables right in the microwave for just a minute or so, or you them as soon as they are blanched, or even just served them chilled. Either way, they are all equally as good.
- Finish -- Just toss the broccoli, cauliflower, olives, fennel and onion in a medium size bowl, and mix to combine. Then add in a little dressing at a time until you reach the consistency you prefer. Some like it more creamy than others, so just add as much dressing as you like.
- Serve -- Just garnish with the bacon and you can also add fresh grated parmesan if you want.
SALAD WITH CAULIFLOWER AND OLIVES
- Cut off the stem of the cauliflower, and break and cut the head into small florets. Steam over boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle the cauliflower with red-pepper flakes while it steams.
- Mince the garlic. Wash and drain the capers. Pit the olives, and coarsely chop them.
- When the cauliflower is firm but tender, drain and place in a bowl. Pour the wine over it, and add the garlic, capers, olives, oil and vinegar. Cover and allow to marinate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 196, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 334 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS
Categories Salad Blender Fish Olive Vegetable Side Quick & Easy Buffet Vinegar Cauliflower Hot Pepper Winter Capers Gourmet Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook cauliflower until just tender, about 4 minutes. In a colander drain cauliflower and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Drain cauliflower well and in a large bowl toss with olives, celery, peperoncini, capers, and caper berries.
- Make vinaigrette:
- In a blender blend vinaigrette ingredients until combined well.
- Add vinaigrette to salad, tossing well, and season with salt and pepper. Salad will improve in flavor if kept, covered and chilled, at least 1 day and up to 3. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
More about "cauliflower green olive salad recipes"
10 BEST RAW BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST RAW CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
COLD CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH GREEN OLIVES AND CAPERS - …
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 175 per serving
- Set out a bowl of ice water. Cook the cauliflower in a large pot of well salted water until tender, about 4-5 minutes, then plunge into the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and blot the cauliflower well with a cloth until dry.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the cauliflower, scallions, celery, olives, capers, and parsley.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the cauliflower and toss to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.
GREEK CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE (LOW CARB, GLUTEN FREE ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 22 minsCuisine GreekCalories 190 per serving
- In small mixing bowl combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, basil, garlic, salt & pepper and whisk together well. Set aside.
- Break the cauliflower into small bite sized florets and when water comes to boil carefully add cauliflower.
CAULIFLOWER TABBOULEH SALAD - FEELGOODFOODIE
Ratings 6Category SaladsCuisine Mediterranean, Middle EasternTotal Time 20 mins
- Using a box grater or food processor, grate half a head of cauliflower to yield about 2 cups grated cauliflower. Place in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and add the olive oil and lemon juice on top. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients and place on top of the grated cauliflower. Gently toss to combine.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, CHICKPEAS, AND OLIVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (23)Calories 176 per servingServings 6
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Toss well to coat. Bake at 450° for 22 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and crisp-tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER LENTIL SALAD WITH OLIVES | LAST INGREDIENT
5/5 (2)Category SaladsCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 455483 hrs 17 mins
CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH GREEN OLIVES AND CAPERS – SMITTEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER TACOS RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 50 minsCategory VeganCalories 449 per serving
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH GREEN OLIVES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
3.5/5 (2)Total Time 28 minsServings 8
CAULIFLOWER & GREEN OLIVE SALAD | FOOD TO LOVE
CAULIFLOWER GREEN OLIVE SALAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
AUTUMN TABBOULEH WITH CAULIFLOWER CARROTS AND GOLDEN BEETS ...
CAULIFLOWER & OLIVE SALAD | LISA'S KITCHEN | VEGETARIAN ...
CAULIFLOWER GREEN OLIVES - COOKEATSHARE
GREEN OLIVE CAULIFLOWER SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
COOKED CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER GREEN OLIVE SALAD RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make Greek cauliflower salad?Greek Cauliflower Salad is a light tasty dinner packed with cauliflower, black olives, red onion, cucumber and a Greek style salad dressing. Start by making salad dressing. In small mixing bowl combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, basil, garlic, salt & pepper and whisk together well. Set aside.
How to cook cauliflower with garlic and olives?Steam over boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle the cauliflower with red-pepper flakes while it steams. Mince the garlic. Wash and drain the capers. Pit the olives, and coarsely chop them. When the cauliflower is firm but tender, drain and place in a bowl. Pour the wine over it, and add the garlic, capers, olives, oil and vinegar.
How do you make Broccoli and cauliflower salad?Place broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, and olives in a large bowl. Stir creamy salad dressing, sour cream, and garlic powder together in a bowl until well blended. Stir dressing a spoonful at a time into the broccoli mixture until vegetables are coated. Cook's Notes:
How do you cook cauliflower in a marinade?Sprinkle the cauliflower with red-pepper flakes while it steams. Mince the garlic. Wash and drain the capers. Pit the olives, and coarsely chop them. When the cauliflower is firm but tender, drain and place in a bowl. Pour the wine over it, and add the garlic, capers, olives, oil and vinegar. Cover and allow to marinate until serving time.