A light, crunchy, and savory snack cracker that has a bit of a kick. Easy recipe with minimal ingredients. Add 4 tablespoons sesame seeds to batter before kneading for a tasty option. Also a fun recipe for kids to help with.
Provided by Domestic Chef
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt, and red pepper flakes in large bowl; add Cheddar cheese. Toss until cheese is coated. Pour in melted butter; stir until mixture is moist and crumbly. Add rice cereal and knead by hand until dough is well blended.
- Roll dough into small 1/2-inch balls; arrange on a baking sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light and crispy, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 6.4 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 21.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
These cheesy, buttery gems will likely become a mainstay in your repertoire. Not only are they crispy, rich and, well, addictive, they can be partially made up to a month in advance. That's because once the dough is made it can be frozen and simply "cut to order" as you need it. Just be sure to freeze it in small portions so that you don't have to defrost it all at once. Although these crackers are great plain, you can draw on the age-old "apples and cheddar" theme by topping them with a dollop of apple or pear butter.
Provided by Laura Werlin
Yield 3 dozen crackers, serves 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In the bowl of a food processor, place all ingredients except the butter and water. Pulse 5 times. Add the butter and pulse again until the butter pieces are the size of BBs. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse just until the dough holds together. If the dough is still crumbly, add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it reaches the right consistency.
- Turn the dough out onto a large piece of waxed paper. Roll the dough into a log, 9 to 10 inches long, and square off the ends. Refrigerate, well wrapped, for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. Or freeze it for up to 1 month. (You may want to cut the log in half or in thirds to freeze if you think you will want to defrost a smaller amount at a time.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the crackers, cut the log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet 1-inch apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crackers are a light golden color. Turn the crackers and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until they are golden around the edges. Cool on a rack. Serve at room temperature.
WHITE CHEDDAR AND CHIVE CRACKERS RECIPE BY TASTY
You'll never want to eat store-bought crackers again. These easy homemade white cheddar and chive crackers are baked to crispy perfection with a hint of spice in every bite. Cut them into seasonal shapes and serve with your favorite creamy cheese.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter and cheddar and pulse until well combined and the consistency is crumbly, with the butter and cheese broken down to uniform pieces throughout. Add the chives and red pepper flakes and pulse to combine.
- Add 3 tablespoons of ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough comes together. It should hold together on its own but crumble when you press it between 2 fingers. If the dough is still too dry, add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the desired texture is reached.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc, then wrap in plastic wrap. Transfer the dough to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes. Set 2 baking sheets in the refrigerator to chill while the dough is resting.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 tablespoon cold water. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ⅛-inch thick, pinching together any cracks around the edges. Using a 2-inch leaf and/or star cutter, punch out as many crackers as you can. Gather up the dough scraps and roll out again, repeating the process up to 3 times.
- Line the chilled baking sheets with parchment paper, then transfer the crackers to the pans. Brush the crackers with the egg wash.
- Bake the crackers for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container at room temperature (with a silica packet inside to absorb excess moisture) for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calories, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 0 grams
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and poppy seeds. Work in butter with fingers until crumbly. Stir in cheeses. Whisk together milk and mustard; stir into flour mixture with a fork until dough forms. Shape into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap in plastic; freeze 1 hour or up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut log into 1/8-inch-thick rounds; arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake, rotating sheets once, until edges are golden, 14 to 16 minutes. Let crackers cool on a wire rack.
MUSTARD CHEDDAR CRACKERS
- Blend together butter, cheese, and yolk in a food processor until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until just combined. (If you have a small processor, divide butter mixture after blending and pulse with remaining ingredients in 2 batches.) Transfer dough (it will be very soft) to a bowl and chill, covered, 15 minutes.
- Halve dough, then shape each half into a 12-inch log on a lightly floured surface. Wrap logs in wax paper and foil, then chill until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap logs and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices with a sharp thin knife, then arrange slices about 1 inch apart on baking sheets. Bake in batches, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until pale golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer crackers to racks to cool, about 5 minutes. Line sheets with clean parchment between batches.
CHEDDAR - PARMESAN CRACKERS
A recipe by Laura Werlin, and found at Leite's Culinaria. These cheesy, buttery gems will likely become a mainstay in your repertoire. Not only are they crispy, rich, and well, addictive, they can be partially made up to a month in advance. That's because once the dough is made, it can be frozen and simply "cut to order" as you need it. Just be sure to freeze it in small portions so that you don't have to defrost it all at once. Although these crackers are great plain, you can draw on the age-old "apples and cheddar" theme by topping them with a dollop of Apple-Pear Butter.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 3 dozen (approximately)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In the bowl of a food processor, place all the ingredients except the butter and water. Pulse 5 times. Add the butter and pulse again until the butter pieces are the size of small peas. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse just until the dough holds together. If the dough is still crumbly, add more water 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
- Turn the dough out onto a large piece of waxed paper. Roll the dough into a log, 9 to 10 inches long, and square off the ends. Refrigerate, well wrapped, for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days or freeze it for up to 1 month. (You may want to cut the log in half or in thirds to freeze if you think you will want to defrost a smaller amount at a time.).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- To make the crackers, cut the log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crackers are a light golden color. Turn the crackers and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until they are golden around the edges.
- Cool on a rack. Serve at room temperature.
CHEDDAR CORNMEAL CRACKERS
- In a blender blend together the cornmeal, the flour, the salt, the sugar, and the baking powder, add the water, the butter, and the egg, and blend the mixture for 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides, add the Cheddar, and blend the batter for 5 seconds, or until it is combined well. Spread 1/4 cup measures of the batter into 4-inch circles on buttered sheets and bake the crackers in batches in the middle of a preheated 400°F. oven for 6 minutes. Turn the crackers and bake them for 5 to 6 minutes more, or until they are crisp. The crackers keep in an airtight container for 1 week.
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, combine cheese, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
- Once combined, mix in the flour and add the ice water one tablespoon at a time.
- The dough should hold together but crumble apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
- Separate dough into two halves and pack together into discs. Wrap in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ⅛ of an inch (½ cm), pinching the cracks on the ends.
- Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch (2 ½ x 2 ½ cm) squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking.
- Place the separated crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 0 grams
Lots of holiday treats are sweet. For a change of pace, I fill goodie bags with my cheese crackers. The recipe has a large yield, but you can freeze the dough logs to bake later. -Heather Necessary, Shamokin Dan, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans., Shape into eight 10-in. long logs. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm., Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are crisp and lightly browned, 12-14 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate in airtight containers. Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in resealable plastic freezer bags; place in freezer. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 19mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS
My son may not be convinced these can substitute for the ubiquitous orange crackers sold commercially, but I'll take the homemade version any time.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, appetizer
Yield About five dozen crackers
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Sift together the flours, salt and sugar, and place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the butter, and pulse until the mixture is crumbly. Add the cheese, and pulse several times to distribute it evenly throughout the flour mixture. Turn on the food processor, and add the olive oil and eggs. Stop the machine when the dough comes together. It will be soft and somewhat sticky. If it seems very moist, add another tablespoon of flour and pulse until incorporated.
- Lightly flour your hands and your work surface. Scrape out the dough and form two equal pieces. Shape into rounds, wrap in plastic and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out each piece of dough between pieces of lightly floured parchment. Cut into squares or rectangles, and place on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, switching the pans after the first 10 minutes from front to back and top to bottom. They will foam in the oven because of the cheese, but that will subside and they will bake crisply. The crackers are done when they are lightly browned. Remove from the oven, and cool on racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 34, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 40 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- In a food processor, pulse together butter, cheese, egg, mustard, salt, and red-pepper flakes until smooth. Add flour and pulse until combined. Transfer dough to a work surface and form into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, 4 hours (or up to 1 day).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Slice dough into 1/4-inch rounds and arrange, 1 inch apart, on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool completely on racks before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 g, Fat 14 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 9 g
More about "cheddar crackers recipes"
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS | RICARDO
5/5 (14)Total Time 41 minsCategory Appetizers
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS RECIPE | CHATELAINE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Recipes
BEST HOMEMADE CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPES | FOOD …
2.6/5 (38)Category Bake,Cheese,Party Favourites,SnackServings 6Total Time 30 mins
CHEDDAR CRACKERS WITH GARLIC HERB DIP – KODIAK CAKES
HOMEMADE ROSEMARY CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS - XOXOBELLA
SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS | THE FANCY PANTS KITCHEN
HOMEMADE CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD …
RECIPE FOR CRACKERS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RUSTIC CHEDDAR CRACKERS | CABOT CREAMERY
5 HOMEMADE CRACKER RECIPES I TASTE OF HOME
CHEDDAR CRACKERS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
OAT-AND-CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE - GINNA HARAVON | FOOD …
BEST CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEDDAR …
PUMPKIN CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHEDDAR EVERYTHING CRACKERS - A SNACK YOU CAN'T PUT DOWN
CHEDDAR CHEESE SNACK CRACKERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHEESY CHEDDAR CRACKERS | GROWING CHEFS! ONTARIO
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKER - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SHARP CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE | ANN CLARK COOKIE CUTTERS
HOMEMADE CHEEZ-ITS (CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS) - RACHEL COOKS®
CHEDDAR CHEESE SHORTBREAD CRACKERS | SOUTHERN LIVING
DIY CHEDDAR FISH CRACKERS RECIPE FOR KIDS - AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
JOY THE BAKER'S HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKER RECIPE
LOW CARB CHEDDAR CRACKERS - THE SUGAR FREE DIVA
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS - MY SAN FRANCISCO KITCHEN
RED CHILI AND CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHEDDAR-PARMESAN CRACKERS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SESAME CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
BEST CHEDDAR HOLLY CRACKERS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEDDAR HOLLY …
LOW CARB KETO CHEESE CRACKERS RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
HOMEMADE CRACKERS | ALLRECIPES
CHEDDAR CRACKERS || LOW CARB, GLUTEN FREE, THM - MY TABLE OF THREE
2 INGREDIENT CHEDDAR CRACKERS (KETO, LOW CARB) - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #appetizers #eggs-dairy #oven #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something #equipment
You'll also love