APPLE CHEDDAR CHEESE PIE
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Combine water and vinegar, and gradually stir in until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C.) Roll one ball out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Roll out top crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss apples in lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Drain and discard any excess juice. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Arrange rows of overlapping apple slices, working from outer rim in. Dot with butter. Cover with top pie crust. Seal and crimp edges with fork, then trim excess dough. Cut a few slashes in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake on cookie sheet in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, brush lightly with beaten egg, and sprinkle liberally with sugar. Bake 5 to 10 minutes more until sugar forms a crisp glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595.8 calories, Carbohydrate 79.1 g, Cholesterol 94.3 mg, Fat 28 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 17.4 g, Sodium 269.4 mg, Sugar 46.9 g
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST
- For the pie crust: Combine the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of the food processor and give it a quick pulse to blend the ingredients. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like crumbly sand. Add the cheese and pulse again until combined and cheese is worked into the mixture and cut into small chunks. Turn the mixture out into a bowl, drizzle in 6 tablespoons cold water, and mix in with a rubber spatula until the flour is moistened. Add another tablespoon of water, only if needed. Divide the dough in half, shape each half into a ball and flatten to a disc. Rest the dough to relax the gluten, 30 minutes.
- For the filling: Combine the Granny Smith apples, Braeburn apples, sugar, flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Adjust the baking racks to the center of the oven.
- Roll out 1 disc of the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch round. Transfer to a 9-inch pie dish. Add the apples in an even layer and dot with the butter. Lightly brush the edges with egg wash. Roll out the next dough round, slightly smaller than the first. Cover the top of the apples with the second pie dough, pressing the edges to seal the crust. Trim the crust so you are left with a 1-inch overhang. Tuck the crust underneath itself so it's flush with the edge of the pie plate. Crimp the edges decoratively. Brush the pie with the egg wash and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Make 5 air slits in the center of the pie. Place the pie on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature, at least 3 hours, before slicing.
CHEDDAR-CRUSTED APPLE PIE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in lowest position. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the smaller disk of dough just under 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and fit into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Roll remaining disk to just under 1/4 inch thick and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet for top crust; refrigerate along with pie plate.
- Place lemon juice in a large bowl. Peel, quarter, and core apples; thinly slice crosswise, tossing with lemon juice as you work. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt to bowl; toss to combine.
- Fill bottom crust with apple mixture; lightly brush edge of crust with water. Using a paring knife, cut out either a circle or small slits in center of top crust. Place top crust over filling; press all around edge to seal with bottom crust. Using kitchen shears, trim to a 1-inch overhang; fold dough under itself to form a rim, and press to seal. Using thumb and forefinger, crimp as desired.
- Place pie plate on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Combine lightly beaten egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush crust with egg wash. Bake 20 minutes; reduce heat to 375 degrees, and bake until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling, about 80 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack, at least 4 hours (or up to overnight) before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458 g, Fat 20 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 9 g
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide dough into two pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each to a 13-inch circle.
- Fit one circle into a 10-inch pie plate; transfer plate to a baking sheet. Put other circle on another baking sheet. Refrigerate dough until cold, at least 30 minutes.
- Stir together apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. Spoon into bottom pie crust. Dot filling with butter. Cover with top crust. Fold edges over; crimp decoratively to seal. Cut a steam vent. Chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg. Bake pie 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Tent with foil; bake until juices are bubbling, about 45 minutes more. Let cool at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.
CHEDDAR CRUST APPLE PIE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make dough: In workbowl of a food processor fitted with metal blade combine flours and salt. Cut butter and lard into small pieces, add to workbowl and process 5 seconds. Add cheese and pulse on-off 2 times to mix. With motor running, pour in enough vinegar mixture in a slow steady stream for dough to form a ball; process 10 to 15 seconds. Turn dough out onto work surface. If dough appears too dry, work in 1 to 2 more teaspoons water. Specks of butter and cheese will be visible in dough. Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours or overnight before using.
- Make filling: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. As you slice apples, toss them gently with lemon juice. Whisk together sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt, add to apple slices and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Divide dough into 2 unequal pieces, making piece for top crust slightly larger. On a lightly-floured work surface roll smaller piece into an 11-inch round. Line pie plate with bottom crust and fill with apples. Using your hands shape them into a firmly-packed mound slightly higher in center than at sides; dot with butter. Trim edges of bottom crust to a 3-inch overhang. Roll out remaining dough to an 11-inch round and arrange over filling. Trim edges of top crust to a :-inch overhang, fold top crust under edge of bottom crust and flute edges decoratively, pressing together with your thumb and forefinger. Cut 3 1 3/4-inch slashes in center of top crust.
- Bake pie 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F and continue to bake 30 to 40 minutes more, until pastry is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Ten minutes before end of baking, brush top with egg glaze and sprinkle with sugar. Cool on a wire rack before serving slightly warm or at room temperature.
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST
- For crust:
- Place flour, sugar, and salt in processor; blend 5 seconds. Add butter and shortening. Using on/off turns, blend until mixture resembles fine meal. Add cheese; mix in using 4 on/off turns. Transfer dry ingredients to large bowl. Sprinkle 5 tablespoons water over. Using fork, toss until moist clumps form, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if mixture is dry. Gather dough into ball; divide in half. Shape each half into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- For filling:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix sugar and cornstarch in large bowl. Mix in apples, lemon juice, and salt.
- Roll out 1 dough disk on lightly floured surface to 13-inch round. Transfer dough to 9-inch-diameter deep-dish glass pie dish; brush overhang with water. Transfer filling to dough-lined dish; dot with butter. Roll out second dough disk on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Place dough atop filling. Press overhang of bottom and top dough pieces together to seal. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch. Fold overhang under; crimp decoratively, forming high-standing rim. Cut several small slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake pie until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cover crust edge with foil. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake pie until filling bubbles thickly in center, about 30 minutes. Cool pie on rack 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BROWNED BUTTER APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST
How do you make good old-fashioned apple pie even better? Enhance the crust with shredded cheddar cheese and stir browned butter into the filling. Wonderful! -Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place flours and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. Add cheese; pulse 1-2 times. Transfer flour mixture to a large bowl. Gradually add ice water to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight., Preheat oven to 400°. For filling, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly., Stir in apples and sugars; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until apples are almost tender. Uncover; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour. Transfer apple mixture to a large bowl; refrigerate until cool., On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer crust to pie plate; trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes., Add filling to crust. Roll remaining dough to a 12-in. circle; cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water; brush over crust., Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580 calories, Fat 30g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 99mg cholesterol, Sodium 486mg sodium, Carbohydrate 74g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST
A crumbly slab of Cheddar is a centuries-old accompaniment to a slice of apple pie; it imparts character in a way that a scoop of ice cream can't hope to match. Adding grated cheese to the crust tweaks the tradition, thus bringing an iconic dessert full circle.
Provided by Paul Grimes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make pastry dough:
- Stir together flour, salt, and cheese in a large bowl (or pulse in a food processor). Add butter and shortening and blend with your fingertips or a pastry blender (or pulse) just until mixture resembles coarse meal with some roughly pea-size butter lumps. Drizzle 6 tablespoon ice water evenly over mixture and gently stir with a fork (or pulse) until incorporated.
- Squeeze a small handful: If dough doesn't hold together, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring (or pulsing) until incorporated. Do not overwork dough or pastry will be tough.
- Turn out dough onto a work surface and divide in half, then form each half into a 5-inch disk. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Make filling and bake pie:
- Put a foil-lined large baking sheet in middle of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel and core apples, then slice 1/4 inch thick. Toss apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice, and salt until evenly coated.
- Roll out 1 piece of dough (keep remaining disk chilled) on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out remaining piece of dough into an 11-inch round.
- Transfer filling to shell. Dot with butter, then cover with pastry round. Trim edges, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Press edges together to seal, then fold under. Lightly brush top crust with milk, then cut 5 (1-inch-long) vents.
- Bake on hot baking sheet 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 375°F and bake until crust is golden-brown and filling is bubbling, about 40 minutes more. Cool to warm or room temperature, 2 to 3 hours.
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST
- To Make the Dough:.
- Place flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add butter and cheddar cheese and pulse 4-5 times until pea-size chunks form in the flour. Pulse the ice water into dough until dough holds together when squeezed. If dough seems dry, add more water, a tablespoon at a time, until the dough just holds together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and bring together into a ball. Divide dough in half, cover each half tightly with plastic wrap and flatten into a 1-inch thick rounds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until dough is well chilled.
- To Make the Filling:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon zest and juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and pinch salt. Set aside while you roll out dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one dough into a round that fits into a 9-inch pie pan with enough for a 1-inch overhang. Transfer dough to pie plate and and use your hands to press into the dish. Spoon the apple filling into the dish, spreading evenly. Dot with 2 tablespoons cubed butter.
- Roll the remaining pie dough out to a 1/4-inch thick round. Use a fluted pastry wheel to cut 12 1-inch wide strips. Arrange the dough in a lattice over the pie. Trim the edges to make a 1-inch overhang around the pie. Tuck dough under and crimp edges.
- Whisk to combine egg yolk and heavy cream. Brush over dough and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place pie on a baking sheet and bake until center is bubbling and crust is golden, about 75-90 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, slice to serve.
CHEDDAR-CRUSTED APPLE PIE
Discover how yummy the apples-and cheese-combo is with Cheddar-Crusted Apple Pie. Cheddar-Crusted Apple Pie is made with a cheddar-cream cheese crust-yum!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Toss apples with granulated sugar, 3 Tbsp. flour and cinnamon. Let stand 15 min.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining flour and cheddar in large bowl. Cut in butter and cream cheese with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into ball.
- Reserve 1/3 of the dough. Flatten remaining dough into disk; roll out between 2 lightly floured sheets of waxed paper to 10-inch round. Discard top sheet of waxed paper. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; invert over dough. Holding plate and dough together, flip pie plate over. Discard second sheet of waxed paper. Gently press dough onto bottom and up side of pie plate. Flute edge.
- Spoon apple mixture into crust. Roll out remaining dough; cut into decorative shapes with cookie cutters or sharp knife. Place over pie; brush with egg. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pie plate on baking sheet.
- Bake, on bottom oven rack, 1 hour 10 min. to 1 hour 15 min. or until juice begins to bubble around edge and pastry is golden brown, covering loosely with foil after 35 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 25 g, Protein 5 g
More about "cheddar crusted apple pie recipes"
CHEDDAR-CRUSTED APPLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (4)Calories 285 per servingServings 10
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 tablespoon flour and cheese in a small bowl; toss well. Place mixture in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup ice water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until well blended to form a slurry. Combine 1 3/4 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese mixture. Add slurry; toss with a fork. Sprinkle surface with up to 1 tablespoon ice water, tossing with a fork until moist and crumbly (do not form a ball). Mixture will seem slightly dry.
- Divide dough in half. Gently press each half into a 4-inch circle on 2 sheets of overlapping heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with 2 additional sheets of overlapping plastic wrap. Roll each dough half, still covered, into a 12-inch circle. Chill 30 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed.
APPLE PIE IN CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPE
CHEDDAR STREUSEL APPLE PIE - THE BAKER CHICK
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE BEST RECIPES
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST | CABOT CREAMERY
CHEDDAR CRUSTED APPLE PIE RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
APPLE AND CHEDDAR PIE RECIPE - ARMSTRONG CHEESE
APPLE CHEDDAR PIE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CHEDDAR CRUST GRANNY SMITH APPLE PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST - COOK'S COUNTRY
KEN HAEDRICH’S CHEDDAR-CRUSTED APPLE PIE RECIPE
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHEDDAR-CRUSTED APPLE PIE RECIPE - DELISH
APPLE CHEDDAR PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPES
TRADITIONAL APPLE PIE WITH A CHEDDAR CRUST | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
CHEDDAR CRUST APPLE PIE - MAGNOLIA PLACE
SPICED APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST - MARCUS SAMUELSSON
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST - HUG FOR YOUR BELLY
CHEDDAR-APPLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST | TASTY SWEET - SPICED
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY …
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST | CANADIAN LIVING
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST - COOKIE DOUGH AND OVEN MITT
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST | LODGE CAST IRON
DEEP-DISH APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
CEDARLANE CULINARY RECIPES - APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST
DEEP-DISH APPLE PIE WITH A CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
ONTARIO APPLE GROWERS : RECIPE : HARVEST APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR …
THE BEST APPLE PIE WITH BOURBON CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST
BEST DOUBLE CRUST APPLE CHEDDAR PIE - COUNTRY LIVING
BROWN BUTTER APPLE PIE WITH A CHEDDAR CRUST - SPOON FORK BACON
SPICED APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make apple pie crust?Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt to bowl; toss to combine. Fill bottom crust with apple mixture; lightly brush edge of crust with water. Using a paring knife, cut out either a circle or small slits in center of top crust. Place top crust over filling; press all around edge to seal with bottom crust.
What is Apple Cheddar pie?This apple cheddar pie combines a buttery cheddar cheese pie crust and a sweet gooey cinnamon apple filling. The cheddar pie crust is extra flaky and each slice is mostly sweet, a little savory, and perfectly satisfying. If you’re craving an upgrade to traditional apple pie, this recipe is definitely it! What is Apple Cheddar Pie?
What is the best apple pie filling recipe?Stir together apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. Spoon into bottom pie crust. Dot filling with butter.
How long does it take to cook a baked apple pie?Bake at 400°F until fruit is tender and crust is golden brown, 65 to 75 minutes, covering with foil if crust gets too dark. In large bowl, combine sugars and nutmeg.