CHEESE FILLED TRIANGLES
The only tricky part of this recipe is working with phyllo, and once you get the hang of it, it's fun. Sometimes you get a bad batch of phyllo that rips and tears easily, so I always buy an extra just in case. I have frozen these before baking. Just add a few minutes to cooking time when you cook them in a frozen state. I have also doubled this recipe for large parties.
Provided by Kathleen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in spinach and salt. Stir in feta cheese, cottage cheese and egg. Cook and stir until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unroll phyllo dough sheets one at a time on a flat surface. Brush with unsalted butter. Cut into strips approximately 5 inches wide. Place 1 tablespoon of the onion, spinach and feta mixture at one end of each dough strip. Fold the end of the strip over the filling so that it forms a triangle. Continue folding the strip in triangles until a small, triangular stuffed pastry remains. Brush with unsalted butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough.
- Arrange stuffed triangles on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Cholesterol 26.6 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 239.3 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix feta cheese, green onions and 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg.
- 2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles. Press each rectangle into 7 1/2 x 5-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into 3 rows by 2 rows to make 6 squares (one slice lengthwise, two slices across).
- 3. Top each dough square with slightly rounded measuring teaspoon feta cheese mixture. Fold dough over filling, forming triangle; press edges to seal. On ungreased cookie sheets, place triangles 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining 3 dough rectangles and feta cheese mixture. Brush tops with remaining beaten egg. Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
- Make the Basic Dinner-Roll Dough, using the Parmesan as the mix-in. Let rise as directed.
- Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Roll or stretch each half into a 12-inch round, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush each round with some of the beaten egg and sprinkle with the Havarti and Cheddar, leaving a 1-inch border. Lightly press on the cheese to ensure it sticks.
- Cut each round into 12 wedges with a pizza cutter or chef's knife. Starting from the wide ends, roll up each wedge. Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheets, bending the ends slightly to create a crescent. Loosely cover with plastic wrap; let stand until puffy, about 45 minutes.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 375 degrees F. Combine the sesame seeds, poppy seeds and salt in a small bowl. Brush the crescents with the remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with the seed mixture. Bake, switching and rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the rolls are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Warm the milk and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan or in the microwave until very warm (110 degrees F). Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook; mix in the sugar, yeast and 1 cup flour until combined but still lumpy. Let stand until the mixture is very bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Add the butter, salt and 2 cups flour; mix on medium speed until smooth and elastic, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the eggs until combined, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl as needed. Add 1 1/4 cups flour and the mix-ins, if using; mix until the dough is smooth and starts to gather into a loose ball, about 4 minutes. The dough should be slightly sticky; if it's too wet, add the remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Lightly oil a large bowl; scrape the dough into the bowl and turn to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES
Tender crescent bites hold a warm, cheesy filling in a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl, mix feta cheese, green onions and 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg.
- Do not unroll dough; separate long roll into 2 shorter rolls at center perforations. Unroll 1 roll until 1 rectangle can be separated from roll. Refrigerate remaining dough. Press dough into 7 1/2x5-inch rectangle, pressing diagonal perforations to seal. Cut rectangle into 6 (2 1/2-inch) squares.
- Top each dough square with slightly rounded measuring teaspoon feta cheese mixture. Fold dough over filling, forming triangle; press edges to seal. On ungreased cookie sheets, place triangles 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining 3 dough rectangles and feta cheese mixture.
- Brush tops with remaining beaten egg. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 12.1 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 133.2 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
SAVORY CHEESE TRIANGLES
- Heat oven to 425°. Cut butter and 3-ounce package of cream cheese into Bisquick mix in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk and egg yolk. Place dough on surface well dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- Roll dough into 16x8-inch rectangle. Spread chive-and-onion cream cheese lengthwise over half of dough to within 1/4 inch of edges; sprinkle with Gouda cheese. Carefully fold dough over filling. Brush egg white over top; sprinkle with parsley. Cut into four 4-inch squares; cut squares diagonally in half to form 8 triangles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each triangle in half. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Triangle, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 1 g
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, egg, green onion and pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the puff pastry to a 10 inch square. With a sharp knife, cut pastry into 9 even squares, repeat with other half of puff pastry.
- Working with one square at a time, place a spoonful of the cheese mixture in the middle of each pastry square; brush edges very lightly with water, then fold one corner over to meet the opposite corner, forming a triangle.
- Press edges together to seal, then crimp firmly shut with the tines of a fork.
- Place triangles on baking sheet; brush the tops with the second beaten egg.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the tops are golden and the bottoms are nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.9, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 33.2, Sodium 159.7, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.6, Protein 4
GARLIC-CHEESE CRESCENT ROLLS
Upgrade your basic crescent roll recipe! Here's a recipe that just couldn't be much quicker or easier and is sure to add a nice touch to any dinner. The garlic and Parmesan flavors really come through. Enjoy! -Lori Abad, East Haven, Connecticut
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375°. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles. Roll up from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Curve ends to form a crescent., Combine butter, garlic powder and oregano; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with cheese. , Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 290mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ROASTED RED PEPPER TRIANGLES
I sandwich full-flavored meats, cheeses and veggies between layers of flaky crescent dough for this sensational treat. We like to have marinara sauce on hand for dipping. -Amy Bell, Arlington, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; press onto bottom and 3/4 in. up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Top with half of the ham; layer with Swiss cheese, pepperoni, provolone cheese and remaining ham. Top with red peppers., In a small bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese and salad dressing mix; reserve 1/4 cup. Pour remaining egg mixture over peppers. , On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place over filling; pinch edges to seal. , Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; brush with reserved egg mixture. Bake until crust is golden brown, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into triangles. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 50mg cholesterol, Sodium 485mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 8g protein.
GREEK FETA CRESCENT TRIANGLES
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix feta cheese, green onions and 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg.
- Do not unroll dough; separate long roll into 2 shorter rolls at center perforations.
- Unroll 1 roll until 1 rectangle can be separated from the roll.
- Refrigerate remaining dough.
- Press dough into 7 1/2 x 5 inch rectangle, pressing diagonal perforations to seal.
- Cut rectangle into 6 (2 1/2 inch) squares.
- Top each dough square with slightly rounded measuring teaspoon of feta cheese mixture.
- Fold dough over filling, forming triangle; press edges to seal.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place triangles 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining 3 dough rectangles and feta cheese mixture.
- Brush tops with remaining beaten egg ad sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.2, Fat 1.7, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 25.3, Sodium 99.3, Carbohydrate 10, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 0.9, Protein 2.5
More about "cheese crescent triangles recipes"
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
3.5/5 (106)Category AppetizerServings 24Total Time 35 mins
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix feta cheese, green onions and 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- Press each rectangle into 7 1/2x5-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into 3 rows by 2 rows to make 6 (2 1/2-inch) squares. Top each dough square with slightly rounded measuring teaspoon feta cheese mixture. Fold dough over filling, forming triangle; press edges to seal. On ungreased cookie sheets, place triangles 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining 3 dough rectangles and feta cheese mixture.
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
Servings 1Total Time 35 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 60 per serving
28 BEST CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE IDEAS | WHAT TO MAKE WITH …
CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT ROLLS | IMPERIAL SUGAR
TURKEY AND CHEESE CRESCENT ROLLS - SEMI HOMEMADE RECIPES
CHEESY CRESCENT MUMMY DOGS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FOUR-SEED CHEDDAR TRIANGLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES RECIPE RECIPE
SAUSAGE CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT ROLLS - INSANELY GOOD
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES - VERNALISA'S RECIPE BOARD
BUTTERY GARLIC CHEESE BOMBS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
LEMON CREAM CHEESE CRESCENTS - BAKED BROILED AND BASTED
CHEESE TRIANGLES - RECIPES - PAGE 5 | COOKS.COM
COTTAGE CHEESE CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE - ONE HOT OVEN
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT RING - THE RECIPE LIFE
CHEESECAKE CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CRAB CRESCENT TRIANGLES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BREAD - CHEESY CRESCENT TRIANGLES - BIGOVEN.COM
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES RECIPE
TRIANGLES CHEESE - RECIPES - PAGE 10 | COOKS.COM
CRESCENT BACON CHEESY TRIANGLES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
ROAST BEEF AND CHEDDAR CRESCENT ROLL-UPS - THE SEASONED MOM
SAUSAGE & CHEESE CRESCENT RING (WITH VIDEO) - PUDGE FACTOR
CRESCENT CHEESE TWISTS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, APPETIZER RECIPES
CHEESY STUFFED GARLIC BUTTER CRESCENT ROLLS - THE COMFORT OF COOKING
RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT RING - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
MAKE THESE 30 RECIPES ALL WITH STORE BOUGHT CRESCENT DOUGH
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES | RECIPE | RECIPES, APPETIZER RECIPES, FOOD
COTTAGE CHEESE CRESCENT ROLL UPS - MOMMY MOMENT
CRAB AND CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
5 EASY CRESCENT ROLL RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE IN JUST MINUTES!
CHERRY-CHEESE CRESCENT BRAID RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHEESE CRESCENT TRIANGLES | RECIPE | APPETIZER RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
SPRINGFORM PAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love