BAKED SAVORY CUSTARD WITH CHEESE
- Put cream in a small pot with thyme and garlic, if you're using them. Cook just until it begins to steam. Heat oven to 300 degrees and set a kettle of water to boil.
- Put eggs, cayenne and salt in a medium bowl and whisk or beat until blended; stir in the cheese. Remove thyme and garlic from cream, then add cream gradually to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Pour mixture into a 1-quart dish or into 4 ramekins or custard cups.
- Put dish or ramekins in a deep baking pan and pour boiling water in, to within about 1 inch of top of dish or ramekins. Bake until mixture is not quite set; it should jiggle a bit in middle. This will take about 30 minutes for ramekins and longer for baking dish; also, cream sets faster than milk. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold within a few hours of baking.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 581, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 56 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 34 grams, Sodium 423 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This tasty cheese dish could be a side dish or a light lunch served with a salad. Recipe adapted from oldaussierecipes.com
Provided by loof751
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Grate the cheese finely.
- Beat the eggs, mix with two-thirds of the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the milk and stir into the cheese mixture.
- Put into a 1.5 qt greased baking dish and cover with thin slices of bread and butter. Bake gently at 300 degrees until set, about 20-30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese. Brown under the grill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.5, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 128.3, Sodium 401.6, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 13.2
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan and cover with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, 10 to 15 minutes; drain and transfer cauliflower to prepared casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and parsley in the melted butter until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowing pour 1 cup milk into flour mixture. Cook and stir milk mixture until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes; pour over cauliflower.
- Whisk eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and white pepper in a bowl; pour over cauliflower mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the custard is set, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 111.5 mg, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 711 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
BAKED EGG CUSTARD WITH CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate (or four 10-ounce ramekins or custard cups) with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in vegetables, half the goat cheese, and scallions. Place pie plate (ramekins or custard cups) on a rimmed baking sheet; pour egg mixture into pie plate (or ladle into ramekins or cups). Sprinkle with remaining goat cheese. Bake until eggs are set and tops are golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with Chopped Romaine Salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 19 g
CUSTARD-STYLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
This macaroni and cheese is more of a custard type. My family has been using this recipe for a long, long time.
Provided by Miss Annie
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook macaroni in water until tender.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Stir in butter and egg.
- Mix mustard and salt with 1 Tbsp. HOT water, and add to milk.
- Add cheese (saving some for top) to milk.
- Pour macaroni into a buttered casserole and add milk/cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top with reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350º for approx. 40 minutes, or until custard is set and top is crusty.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.3, Fat 23.6, SaturatedFat 14.4, Cholesterol 101.1, Sodium 401.9, Carbohydrate 31.1, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 1.4, Protein 21.5
I first made this baked custard recipe as a teenager and still enjoy it as a winter warm-up. My dad says it's the best custard he's ever eaten! - Deb Brass, Cedar Falls, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, spices and vanilla. Blend in milk. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place baking dish in a cake pan in oven; add 1 in. water to pan. , Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near middle comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 156mg cholesterol, Sodium 292mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 8g protein.
BAKED RATATOUILLE WITH CHEESE CUSTARD
- Make ratatouille:
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook half of eggplant, stirring frequently, until golden brown and tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer cooked eggplant to a 2- to 2 1/2-quart gratin dish or other shallow baking dish. Cook remaining eggplant in 2 tablespoons oil in same manner and add to dish.
- In skillet cook onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes in remaining tablespoon oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until onions are softened. Add bell peppers and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in remaining ratatouille ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Season mixture with salt and additional pepper and spoon evenly over eggplant.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make cheese custard:
- In a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan melt butter over moderately low heat and whisk in flour. Cook roux, whisking, 3 minutes and whisk in milk in a stream and salt and pepper to taste. Bring sauce to boil, whisking constantly, and simmer, whisking, 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and remove pan from heat. In a heatproof bowl whisk yolks together and whisk in about one fourth of sauce. Whisk yolk mixture into remaining sauce.
- Spoon custard over ratatouille. Ratatouille may be prepared up to this point 4 hours ahead and chilled, covered.
- Bake ratatouille in middle of oven 45 minutes, or until custard is lightly browned. Cool ratatouille 10 minutes before serving.
CUSTARD-STYLE MAC AND CHEESE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
- In large bowl, stir eggs, milk, salt, mustard, black pepper, red pepper and 2 cups of the cheese with wire whisk until blended. In baking dish, place half of the cooked macaroni. Sprinkle with 2 cups cheese. Top with remaining macaroni. Pour egg mixture evenly over all.
- Cover; bake 35 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until golden brown and set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 700, Carbohydrate 54 g, Fat 2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 970 mg
GOOEY CUSTARD CHEESECAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: biscuit cookie, melted butter, milk, egg yolks, granulated sugar, milk, cornstarch, cream cheese, egg
Provided by Spencer Kombol
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place cookies in a ziplock bag and crush with a wooden spoon until the cookies have fully become crumbs. Put them in a bowl. Add melted butter and milk, and mix well.
- In a buttered 15-centimeter (6-inch) pie pan, add the crust mixture and press firmly to form an even layer. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until pale. Add milk, vanilla, and cornstarch, and mix well. Microwave for 3 minutes and whisk after every minute.
- Add the cream cheese to the custard. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the custard batter into the chilled crust. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320˚F/160˚C.
- Brush egg wash on top of the cake. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the cake is cool to the touch, serve immediately. The cake will have gooey texture while it is warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 636 calories, Carbohydrate 39 grams, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 25 grams
AMISH CUSTARD COTTAGE CHEESE PIE
- Place cottage cheese in strainer and let drain for about 1 hour or until most of liquid has been drained.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sugar, flour, lemon juice, salt, egg yolks, evaporated milk, and regular milk. Mix well.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites until firm. Fold into batter until smooth. Pour into pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), then reduce oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on racks, then refrigerate. Flavor improves if served a day after baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25.8 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 271.7 mg, Sugar 16.8 g
More about "cheese custard recipes"
GRANDMA'S CUSTARD CREAM CHEESE PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MOM'S RICOTTA CUSTARD RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE CUSTARD (FLAN DE QUESO) RECIPE - EATINGWELL
CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE FROM BEST KITCHEN BASICS BY MARK …
CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE CUSTARD - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST RECIPES, …
CUSTARD RECIPES | RECIPES.NET
HOW TO BAKE CHEDDAR CHEESE CUSTARD - RECIPE MASH
VANILLA CREAM CHEESE CUSTARD - A FAMILY FEAST®
GOAT'S CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE
CRAB WITH AGED CHEDDAR CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE - KERRYGOLD …
CHEESE CUSTARD MOONCAKE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CORN-AND-CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
EASY QUICHE RECIPE - RICH, SILKY CUSTARD! - SOUTHERN FOOD AND FUN
EASY BAKED COTTAGE CHEESE-RICE CUSTARD RECIPE
BEST EVER CUSTARD CREAM BAKED CHEESECAKE RECIPE
GROUND BEEF CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE
GOAT CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAVORY BLUE CHEESE CUSTARD - SOUS VIDE RECIPES
COMTE CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
COTTAGE CHEESE CUSTARD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
10 BEST BAKED CUSTARD CHEESECAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED COTTAGE CHEESE CUSTARD - BIGOVEN.COM
RECIPE: BAKED CHEESE TARTS - MICHELIN GUIDE
GOAT CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE WITH STRAWBERRIES IN RED WINE SYRUP
10 BEST CREPES CUSTARD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEESE CUSTARD PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
BAKED SAVORY EGG, CHEESE & HERB CUSTARD | KETO | LOWCARB
NO-BAKE CUSTARD CREAM CHEESECAKE | DESSERT RECIPES
BACON AND CHEESE CUSTARDS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE CUSTARD (FLAN DE QUESO) RECIPE
66 EASY AND TASTY CREAM CHEESE CUSTARD RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cheddar cheese custard?Cheddar cheese custard is an interesting take on baked custard made with cheese and eggs. Warm up your oven to 310 degrees f. Place 4 oz of the cheese in a heavy-based pan and whisk in the cream as well as mustard until mixed well. Heat the mixture over low flame until the cheese melts and blends into the mixture until becomes smooth.
How do you make a custard from scratch?Preparation. Put eggs, cayenne and salt in a medium bowl and whisk or beat until blended; stir in the cheese. Remove thyme and garlic from cream, then add cream gradually to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Pour mixture into a 1-quart dish or into 4 ramekins or custard cups. Put dish or ramekins in a deep baking pan and pour boiling water in,...
How long does it take to make a thick egg custard?Whisk together first 2 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; whisk in eggs and milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture reaches a chilled pudding-like thickness.
What is vanilla cream cheese custard?This Vanilla Cream Cheese Custard is smooth and luscious, and full of rich vanilla flavor. By adding some softened cream cheese to a traditional, egg-based custard – we’ve transformed a classic dessert into something your dinner guests will talk about for months. Another great thing about this Vanilla Cream Cheese Custard?