CHEWY MOLASSES-SPICE COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining cup of sugar until combined. Beat in egg and then molasses until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in dry ingredients, just until a dough forms.
- Pinch off and roll dough into balls, each equal to 1 tablespoon. Roll balls in reserved sugar to coat.
- Arrange balls on baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake, one sheet at a time, until edges of cookies are just firm, 10 to 15 minutes (cookies can be baked two sheets at a time, but they will not crackle uniformly). Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; transfer to racks to cool completely.
MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, spices: Preheat oven to 375°F. Vigorously whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare butter, sugar, and wet ingredients: Use an electric mixer and beat the butter for 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes with mixer set at medium speed. Add egg, vanilla extract, and molasses. Beat until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients: Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Make dough balls, roll them in sugar: Place remaining 1/3 cup of granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Working with 2 Tbsp of dough each time, roll dough into 1 3/4 inch balls. Roll balls in sugar and place on un-greased cookie sheets, spacing them 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 kcal, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 208 mg, Sugar 19 g, Fat 8 g, ServingSize Makes 18 large cookies, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES V
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and egg until well blended. Stir in the molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture. Cover the dough and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112.8 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Cholesterol 18.7 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 111.5 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and the remaining 1 cup of sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and then the molasses until combined. Reduce the speed to low; gradually mix in the dry ingredients, just until a dough forms.
- Use 1 tablespoon of dough to roll into balls. Roll the balls in the reserved sugar to coat.
- Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake, one sheet at a time, until the edges are just firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets and then transfer to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container, 3 to 4 days.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 cookie, Calories 90 kcal, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Sodium 73 mg, Sugar 9 g
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
I found this recipe in "Good Housekeeping's Great Baking" When you read the ingredients you may wonder but they are GREAT. The different spices make a great cookie but not as sweet but excellent taste. The bowl was emptied quick during our party.
Provided by SadisticChef
Yield 42 Cookies
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir all dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- In separate bowl with mixer at medium speed beat butter and brown sugar till smooth.Beat in molasses till smooth. Reduce speed to low beat in egg and vanilla.Beat in dry combined ingredients until combined. Occasionally scrapping with a rubber spatula.
- I roll dough into balls about thee size of a small walnut on an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. I prefer to use parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Bake cookies 10-15 minutes until flattened and evenly browned. Cool on cookie sheet about 2 minutes. With wide spatula transfer to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- My wife likes to dip half the cooled cookie in chocolate to give it some added sweetness and dress them up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.9, Fat 2.4, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 82.5, Carbohydrate 11.5, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 6.1, Protein 0.8
SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
Another great Cook's Illustrated cookie that is truly soft and chewy. Measure the molasses in a liquid measuring cup. If you find that the dough sticks to your palms as you shape the balls, moisten your hands occasionally in a bowl filled with cold water and shake off the excess. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time. If baked two sheets at a time, the cookies started on the bottom rack won't develop the attractive cracks. The cookies should look slightly raw and under baked when removed from the oven. If you plan to glaze the cookies save the parchment paper used to bake them.
Provided by oilpatchjo
Yield 22 cookies, 22 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 1/2 cup sugar for dipping in 8- or 9-inch cake pan.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in medium bowl until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- In standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter with brown and granulated sugars at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and add yolk and vanilla; increase speed to medium and beat until incorporated, about 20 seconds. Reduce speed to medium-low and add molasses; beat until fully incorporated, about 20 seconds, scraping bottom and sides of bowl once with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to lowest setting; add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated, about 30 seconds, scraping bowl down once. Give dough final stir with rubber spatula to ensure that no pockets of flour remain at bottom. Dough will be soft.
- Using tablespoon measure, scoop heaping tablespoon of dough and roll between palms into 1 1/2-inch ball; drop ball into cake pan with sugar and repeat to form about 4 balls. Toss balls in sugar to coat and set on prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 1 sheet at a time until cookies are browned, still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will look raw between cracks and seem underdone), about 11 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Do not over bake.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes, then use wide metal spatula to transfer cookies to wire rack; cool cookies to room temperature and serve. Can be stored at room temperature in airtight container or zipper-lock plastic bag up to 5 days.
CHEWY SPICE COOKIES WITHOUT MOLASSES
The nights are drawing in, the leaves are turning beautiful shades of red and orange, and the air is crisp. These cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with autumnal flavors that are inspired by a certain coffee chain's famous autumn drink. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Halloween, or just to enjoy in a cozy chair with your favorite book.
Provided by JessWhitehead
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl and beat using an electric blender until fluffy. Crack the egg into a cup, add maple syrup, and lightly beat with a fork. Add to sugar-butter mixture and beat to combine.
- Sift flour, allspice, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Gradually add to sugar-butter mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating dough well between each addition until all ingredients are combined.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of dough, roll it into a ball using your hands, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down lightly with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly Repeat with remaining dough, leaving space between cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly golden, 8 to 10 minutes. They may look slightly undercooked when done but don't leave them in too long, so you don't end up with a hard cookie. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Sift confectioners' sugar into a clean, dry bowl. Add maple syrup and mix together with a metal spoon. Thin out icing with a couple of drops of warm water until desired thickness is reached. Drizzle or spread over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.2 calories, Carbohydrate 32.2 g, Cholesterol 25.3 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 184.4 mg, Sugar 21.2 g
More about "chewy molasses spice cookies recipes"
CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES | ONCE A MONTH MEALS
SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES - OH SWEET BASIL
BEST MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPE (CHEWY MOLASSES …
SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES | COOK'S …
RECIPE: CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES WITH CRUNCHY LEMON …
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIE RECIPE - MASHED
4.9/5 (11)Total Time 23 minsCategory DessertCalories 164 per serving
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients less sugar (flour, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt) and whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add wet ingredients (egg, molasses, and oil) and sugar, using the paddle attachment mix to combine.
CHEWY SPICE COOKIES - BUTTERNUT BAKERY
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES - ECLECTIC RECIPES
CHEWY SPICE COOKIES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
HOW TO MAKE MOLASSES COOKIES: CHEWY, SPICY AND SO GOOD
OLD-FASHIONED CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES - DESSERT FOR TWO
CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES - CHATELAINE
3-STEP CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPE - SAVVY MAMA LIFESTYLE
OLD FASHIONED CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES - THE SEASONED MOM
CHEWY & SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES - BROWN EYED BAKER
SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES - SAVOR THE BEST
CHEWY CHAI SPICED MOLASSES COOKIES - PINK OWL KITCHEN
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES - SAVORY MOMENTS
CHEWY MOLASSES-SPICE COOKIES | MARINEL | COPY ME THAT
CHEWY & SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES RECIPE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER …
CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES | EASY, CHEWY COOKIE RECIPE
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES | GUEST RECIPES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES ...
SOFT & CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHEWY SPICE COOKIES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SOFT CHEWY SPICED MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPES - THE NEW LIGHTER LIFE
HOW TO MAKE CLAIRE SAFFITZ' CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES - THEKITCHENSINKBLOG.COM
CHEWY MOLASSES-SPICE COOKIES - SARAH 'N SPICE
SOFT AND CHEWY SPICY CHAI MOLASSES COOKIES | FEASTING AT HOME
SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
CLASSIC RECIPES: COOKS ILLUSTRATED MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES – COOKS ILLUSTRATED
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES WITH BROWNED BUTTER ICING
CHEWY MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES | DR EMILY FRANKLIN, DOM, CHN
CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIE BEST RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #hand-formed-cookies #desserts #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #gifts #thanksgiving #halloween #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cookies with molasses?In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup sugar; set aside. In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and the remaining 1 cup of sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and then the molasses until combined.
How do you make cookies with flour and sugar?Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium sized bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugars on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, light and fluffy.
How do you make a sourdough bread with molasses?Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup sugar; set aside. With an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining cup of sugar until combined. Beat in egg and then molasses until combined.
Can you freeze molasses spice cookies?These Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies are one of those cookie recipes. Since they’re easy to freeze (instructions toward the end of this post), they’re a good one to store in the freezer and take out as you want to share them during the holiday season.