CHICKEN LO MEIN
- In a medium, non-reactive bowl, combine the chicken with 2 1/2 teaspoons of white sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar and 1/4 cup soy sauce. Mix this together and coat the chicken well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In another medium bowl, combine the chicken broth, water, sesame oil and ground black pepper with the remaining sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with some of this mixture and slowly add to the bulk of the mixture, stirring well. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions, drain and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a wok or large saucepan over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer this and all juices to a warm plate.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, mushrooms and green onions, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the reserved sauce mixture and then the chicken. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved noodles and toss gently, coating everything well with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 598.6 calories, Carbohydrate 78.6 g, Cholesterol 60.8 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 38 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 1877 mg, Sugar 9.8 g
CHICKEN LO MEIN
Jennifer Suster of Chicago, Illinois says, "This lo mein recipe is a low-calorie eye-appealing dish that is very quick to make." With soy sauce, sherry, ginger and sesame oil, as well as red pepper and snow peas, it's as flavorful as it is colorful.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and sherry or broth until smooth. Add chicken and stir to coat; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon granules in hot water; set aside. Cook linguine according to package directions. , In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper and green onions in 1 tablespoon canola oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. , In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken mixture in remaining canola oil for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in dissolved bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables to skillet. , Drain linguine; add sesame oil and linguine to skillet. Toss to coat. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 515mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHINESE CHICKEN LO MEIN
The first dish DH ever made for me! I absolutely LOVE this stuff!! Easy to make and WAY less expensive than carry-out!! We finally made it and measured everything! Hope you try it, it's really good!
Provided by Wildflour
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In large, deep frying pan with lid, place chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper, into 1 Tbl. olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes, turning ocaisionally, til chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan to cool slightly. Cut into bite-sized pieces, toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cover and set aside. Do not drain frying pan. Add 1 1/2 Tbl. sesame oil to pan.
- In pot, boil 3 pkgs. Ramen noodles for 3 minutes.
- Drain and RINSE WELL.
- Drain again and add to frying pan with 2 Tbl. soy sauce, cole slaw mix, reserved chicken and 2 of the seasoning packets from noodles.
- Stir fry, stirring, over med-low heat for 3-5 minutes or til cabbage mix is tender and all is well mixed.
- Top each individual serving with sliced or chopped egg if desired.
- Also serve with additional soy sauce if desired.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- *Do not substitute another oil for the sesame oil! That's what really makes this dish.
- Nice additions: mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, cooked broccoli and baby corn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 659.3, Fat 30.1, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 295, Sodium 2107.3, Carbohydrate 44.3, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 2.5, Protein 50.7
CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE BY TASTY
There are many benefits to making your favorite Chinese takeout meal at home - and that includes chicken lo mein! For one, you can add more fresh vegetables to your chicken lo mein, or use soy sauce with less sodium for a lighter version. To make it, all you have to do is stir-fry your chicken and veggies, add cooked egg noodles, and toss it all together with a simple sauce. Top with scallions, box up the leftovers, and you'll have cheap, yummy eats for days.
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a medium bowl, season the chicken with pepper, salt and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the chicken broth, remaining tablespoon of sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink inside, 3-4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, carrots, and sugar snap peas. Stir fry until the vegetables are tender.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and add the cooked egg noodles and reserved sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, until everything is well-coated in the sauce.
- Serve garnished with scallions.
STIR-FRY CHICKEN LO MEIN
This simple, yet scrumptious chicken lo mein recipe is the perfect stir-fry meal. Follow our handy step-by-step video below for a spur-of-the-minute supper special enough to serve guests! -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic; set aside., In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain pasta. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and pasta; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 940mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
More about "chicken lo mein recipes"
BEST CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN LO MEIN
5/5 (1)Category Dinner, PoultryOccupation Associate Food EditorTotal Time 25 mins
CHICKEN LO MEIN - JO COOKS
4.7/5 (290)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 578 per serving
- Heat the olive oil well in a large wok. Your wok should be nice and hot before adding the chicken to it. Add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown and is no longer pink inside. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
EASY CHICKEN LO MEIN - JUST A TASTE
4.9/5 (52)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 357 per serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the lo mein noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- You can find lo mein noodles in the Asian foods section of most major supermarkets. If you can’t find lo mein, you can substitute linguine or spaghetti.
CHICKEN LO MEIN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (42)Calories 326 per serving
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips. In a medium bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, the rice vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of the sugar. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or cover and chill for 1 hour. Cook noodles according to package directions until tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Set noodles aside. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together chicken broth, the remaining 4 tablespoons soy sauce, the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar, and the cornstarch. Set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil and sesame oil into a wok or large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add carrot; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and green onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade. Add chicken to wok (add more oil, if necessary); cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir sauce and add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add the cooked noodles and vegetables. Using two spatulas or wooden spoons, lightly toss the mixture until combined and heated through. Transfer to a serving platter. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
EASY CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 mins
EASY LO MEIN - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (102)Category Asian InspiredServings 4
AUTHENTIC CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE | P.F. CHANG'S CHICKEN …
4.7/5 (20)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 281 per serving
THE 30-MINUTE ULTIMATE SPICY CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE ...
Servings 3Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
EASY CHICKEN LO MEIN - COPYKAT RECIPES
5/5 (3)Category Main CourseCuisine ChineseCalories 362 per serving
- In a medium-sized bowl combine reduced-sodium soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the marinade.
- In a small bowl combine reduced-sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and Sriracha. Stir well, and set aside.
CHICKEN LO MEIN (MOST AUTHENTIC RECIPE) - RASA MALAYSIA
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory Chinese RecipesCalories 302 per serving
- Bring a pot of water to boil, gently loosen up the fresh noodles before boiling. Cook the noodles according to the instructions or until pre-al dente because you're going to finish cooking the noodles later in the wok. Marinate the chicken with the cornstarch. Set aside. When the noodles are ready, drain the noodles. Mix all the ingredients of the Sauce in a small bowl. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok with 2 tablespoons of oil. Stir-fry the garlic until fragrant, and then add in the chicken, Napa cabbage, mushroom, carrot and stir-fry for about 2 minutes before adding in the chicken broth and the Sauce. Bring the chicken broth to boil and let reduce a bit. Turn off the heat and stir in the noodles and combine well, dish out and serve immediately.
EASY CHICKEN LO MEIN | RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
4.8/5 (20)Total Time 32 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 407 per serving
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt to a small mixing bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place a large pot of heavily salted water over high heat, and bring to a roaring boil. Add the noodles and cook according to package directions. In the meantime, prepare the chicken.
THE BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE | EASY WEEKNIGHT ...
Cuisine ChineseTotal Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 533 per serving
- Add a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to the bottom of a medium sized frying pan or wok. Add your cubed chicken breasts to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute on medium-high heat until the chicken pieces are cooked through. Remove chicken and place on a separate plate.
- In the same pan, add your sliced red peppers, mushrooms, and carrot shreds. Drizzle a little bit more olive oil on top of the vegetables and saute for roughly 5 minutes on medium heat. Next, add in your snow peas and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the sauce by mixing together the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, ground ginger, brown sugar, peanut butter and red pepper flakes. Mix until well combined. If the sauce seems too thick, you may add a little more olive oil.
CHICKEN LO MEIN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (42)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 281 per serving
CHICKEN LO MEIN: 30-MIN AUTHENTIC TAKEOUT RECIPE! - THE ...
4.9/5 (51)Total Time 30 minsCategory Noodles And PastaCalories 306 per serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with 2 teaspoons each of cornstarch, water, and oil. In a wok over high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil, and sear the chicken for a couple minutes until browned. Remove from the wok, and set aside.
- Add another couple tablespoons of oil to the wok, and add the garlic. After 10 seconds, add the cabbage and carrots. Stir-fry on high heat for a minute and add the wine in a circle around the perimeter of the wok.
- Add the noodles and chicken back to the wok and mix well from the bottom up for about 30 seconds. If the noodles aren't coming apart, add about 1/4 cup water to the noodles to loosen them up a bit.
- Then cover the wok for one minute. Remove the cover and add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and sugar. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, and add the bean sprouts and scallions. Stir-fry for one more minute and serve.
EASY CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
Ratings 23Calories 477 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned on all sides and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate.
- Add in another tablespoon of olive oil and cook the onion for a couple minutes until soft. Stir in the snow peas, carrots, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute.
CHICKEN LO MEIN (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
Cuisine AsianTotal Time 17 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 431 per serving
BEST EASY CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE (WITH VEGETABLES ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Chicken, Main CourseCalories 580 per serving
CHICKEN LO MEIN - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE JET TILA : 20+ COOKING DIRECTIONS ...
CHICKEN LO MEIN – EASY HOMEMADE CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE ...
EASY CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE : 15+ COOKING VIDEOS ...
CHICKEN LO MEIN RECIPE ALLRECIPES : VIEW COOKING ...
#30-minutes-or-less #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #poultry #asian #chinese #chicken #dietary #meat #chicken-breasts #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make chicken Lo mein with noodles?Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, onions, carrots, and sugar snap peas. Stir fry until the vegetables are tender. Return the cooked chicken to the pan and add the cooked egg noodles and reserved sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, until everything is well-coated in the sauce.
How long to cook chicken Lo Mein in oven?Heat the oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, toss quartered mushrooms and red peppers with the sesame oil and sriracha. Spread out on a baking sheet. While you make the Chicken Lo Mein, bake for 15 minutes until tender and blistered in spots.
How to make chicken Lo mein with bok choy?Directions. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add carrot; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and green onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove vegetables from wok. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Add chicken to wok (add more oil, if necessary); cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
Which is better lo mein or Chinese takeout?Lo Mein is a popular noodle dish in Hong Kong where you boil and drain noodles and then stir them into a savory sauce. Add chicken, and you then have a healthy and easy Chicken Lo Mein. Making this dish is quick – it only takes 20 minutes. As a result, this homemade Lo Mein recipe is definitely much better than Chinese takeout.