CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS
This is my father-in-laws recipe for chili. I love to make it on a cold winter night. Sometimes I serve it with Corn Chips in the bottom of the bowl, topped with the chili and then top the chili with grated cheddar cheese
Provided by Marty Hugo
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Saute meat, onions and garlic until done.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours.
- The beer is optional but does add a good flavor and, of course, the alcohol is cooked out during cooking.
BASIC CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEEF AND BEANS
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare beans (unless using canned.) Rinse dry beans, cover with cold water to a depth of about 3 inches above beans; let soak overnight or follow soaking directions on package.
- Drain beans and transfer to a large saucepan; cover with fresh water.
- Cover pan and simmer for about 1 hour or until beans are tender. Drain and place to the side.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet, then brown ground beef , onion, and bell pepper together until ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chile and jalapeño peppers, seasonings, and bay leaf and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes, adding a little water if needed to thin out. Check and stir frequently.
- Add cooked or canned beans and heat through.
- Serve in individual bowls with your choice of toppings and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 kcal, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 106 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 38 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 845 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 19 g, ServingSize 6 Servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHILI CON CARNE (CHILI BEANS) RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by Foodiewife
Number Of Ingredients 30
- For the chili seasoning: Combine the seasonings into an empty spice bottle (or small mason jar) and shake well. Can be stored for weeks. Leftover spices are perfect for seasoning taco meat or any kind of Mexican themed recipe. For the salsa: NOTE: You don't need to make the salsa for this recipe. I do, because I can use the leftover salsa with chips, which gives me two recipes for one! You only need to rough chop the vegetables and toss them into a food processor, which includes: Onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse just a few times. Add the tomatoes and mild green chilis (or the Rotel tomatoes, if using). Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like-I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed. Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos. For the chili: The night before, rinse and drain the pinto beans; check to be sure there aren't any rocks or debris. Heat, covered with water and a pinch of baking soda until boiling. Cover with a lid and reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes, until the beans are tender. Drain and set aside. To make the "Con Carne": Brown the beef and drain any excess fat; set aside. In a large skillet or pot, heat a little vegetable oil until shimmering. Cook the onion until softened, about 3-5 minutes, on medium heat. Add the minced garlic, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add two tablespoons of Mexican seasoning and the tomato paste and cook and stir until well combined-- about 3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and diced green chilis. Bring the meat sauce to a simmer and taste for seasonings. Add more Mexican Spice, if desired and add salt to your personal taste. Add the beans to the "Con Carne" sauce. TIP: I don't add all of the beans, at once. This is where you have control of the bean-to-meat-sauce ratio. Add the salsa and combine. You can add more salsa if you wish, but I always start with about one cup. This gives a nice acidity and balance of flavor to the Chili Con Carne. Pour the Chili Con Carne into a slow cooker and heat on low for 4 hours. Keep on warm, which makes this perfect for a potluck. NOTE: If the chili seems too thin, use 1/4 cup of corn meal and add enough water to create a thick paste. Add one tablespoon at a time, until thickened to your liking. Serve with warm flour tortillas, or with corned bread, or over cooked rice. OPTIONAL: Cook on low on the stove for an hour or two. Freezes well.
GROUND BEEF CHILI WITH BEANS
- Pour tomatoes into a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer beef to the stockpot.
- Cook and stir chorizo in the same hot skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer chorizo to the stockpot.
- Heat oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic until very well cooked and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder and cook for about 3 minutes more. Transfer onions to the stockpot with lime juice, salt, and black pepper. Stir black beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans into the pot.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and lightly saute bell peppers, about 5 minutes. Add to the stockpot.
- Add corn to the stockpot and season with additional salt and pepper. Add hot sauce to taste and simmer for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686.5 calories, Carbohydrate 46.8 g, Cholesterol 105.9 mg, Fat 36.2 g, Fiber 13.6 g, Protein 41.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 2477.5 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
CHILI CON CARNE II
- In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onion, chile pepper and garlic until soft. Add ground beef: cook and stir until meat is browned.
- Pour in tomatoes with liquid, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans, and cook another 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Carbohydrate 32.5 g, Cholesterol 61.5 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 916.8 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
CHILI CON CARNE
At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. -Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings ( 2 1/2 qt.)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef. Drain and set aside. , In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, bouillon, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined. , Add tomatoes and browned beef. Stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and heat through. If desired top with sour cream and jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 892mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
CHILI CON CARNE
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 9 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 770 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1 g
SOUTHERN CHILI & BEANS
- Brown the beef and drain the fat off.
- Crumble the cooked beef into pea size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook stirring every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours.
QUICK HOMEMADE CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS
- Heat oil in large skillet; add garlic, onion and ground beef.
- Stir until browned.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add beans with liquid, tomato sauce, salt and chili powder.
- Simmer over low heat stirring occasionally, until chili is desired thickness.
NEW ORLEANS CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS
This is a quick and easy chili, using items commonly found in the pantry. This is a favorite standby in our family when we want something filling, but don't have alot of time for cooking.
Provided by Dawn399
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Chop sausage into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown meat and add chopped vegetables.
- Sautee until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and heat an additional 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 505.7, Fat 32.3, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 74.8, Sodium 1918.3, Carbohydrate 33.7, Fiber 9.3, Sugar 12.2, Protein 22.1
FABULOUS CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS
I got this recipe from my good friend Jackie, who every year would make it for her Grey Cup party. It's great for those who like chili with a kick!
Provided by Carol
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Brown beef with onion& green pepper.
- Drain off grease.
- Drain juice off kidney beans.
- Place everything in large kettle and simmer 2-3 hours.
- Stirring occasionally.
CHILI CON CARNE
- Toast chiles in a skillet over medium heat, turning often, until fragrant and puffed up, 2 minutes. Cut in half; remove cores. Reserve seeds. Transfer chiles to a bowl; cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Working in batches, cook beef until browned, 3 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed and transferring browned meat to the plate.
- Meanwhile, put chiles and 1/2 cup soaking liquid into a blender; puree. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in cumin, oregano, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons reserved chile seeds (more for heat, if desired). Cook 1 minute. Add chile puree. Raise heat to medium-high; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Return meat to pot. Add 2 teaspoons salt, the tomatoes, and beer. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-high. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 1/4 hours. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender and sauce is thick, about 30 minutes more. Discard bay leaf. Stir in vinegar. Serve chili with avocado halves, scallions, tortilla chips, and grated cheese.
More about "chili con carne with beans recipes"
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (8)Calories 403 per servingServings 4
- Cook first 6 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil.
10 BEST CHILI CON CARNE GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
10 BEST CHILI CON CARNE KIDNEY BEANS RECIPES - YUMMLY
RECIPES CHILI CON CARNE (FROM DRIED BEANS) | SOSCUISINE
CHILI CON CARNE - RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS RECIPE & SPICE - THE SPICE …
BEST CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE EVER | JUNE D'ARVILLE
CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE PORK - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS - PLAIN.RECIPES
CHILI CON CARNE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE | STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE
CHILI CON CARNE | MEXICAN PLEASE
CHILI CON CARNE EXPRESS | METRO | RECIPE | CHILI, RECIPES, RESTAURANT ...
CHILI CON CARNE - BEN'S ORIGINAL
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BLACK AND PINTO BEANS - SMELLS LIKE HOME
CHILI CON CARNE (TEXAS BEEF CHILI) - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS AND TOMATOES AUTHENTIC RECIPE
CHILI CON CARNE: FIVE STAR SPICY RECIPE WITH BEANS AND PASTA
CLASSIC CHILI CON CARNE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHILI CON CARNE RECIPES WITH BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BLACK BEANS | METRO
HEALTHY BEAN AND TOFU CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
SCRUMPTIOUS CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE – RECIPE
CHILI CON CARNE - THE SEASONED MOM
MEXICAN CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE (WITH CANNELLINI BEANS)
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS USDA - HEALTHY SCHOOL RECIPES
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
21 DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHILI RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
CHILI CON CARNE - HEALTHIER DISHES
CHILI CON CARNE - SLOW COOKER RECIPE - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
EASY HOMEMADE CHILI BEANS - DELICIOUS BY DESIGN
CANNING CHILI CON CARNE – MEAT AND BEANS!
CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - EASY BEAN RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #beans #beef #chili #stove-top #dietary #spicy #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love