SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL SALAD
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus. Shave the fennel bulb on a mandoline into very thin slices. In a large bowl, toss the shaved vegetables, basil and minced walnuts in a medium bowl. Dress the salad with the oil, lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Plate, and top each with Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calorie, Fat 21 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 172 milligrams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 2 grams
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, fennel fronds, parsley, tarragon, lemon juice, anchovies, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a mini food processor. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine the asparagus, sliced fennel, Boston lettuce, mixed greens, peas, celery and pistachios in a large bowl. Just before serving, drizzle with the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss.
GREEN SALAD WITH ORANGE, FENNEL, AND ASPARAGUS
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil, then zest.
- In large sauté pan, bring 1 inch water to boil. Add asparagus and simmer until bright green, about 1 minute. Drain in colander, then rinse under cold running water until cool. Thinly slice on diagonal and transfer to large bowl.
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Working over medium bowl, cut between membranes to release segments. Add segments and any juice in medium bowl to large bowl with asparagus; squeeze juice from membranes into dressing and whisk to combine.
- Add fennel and then salad greens to large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Sprinkle chives on top and serve immediately.
SHAVED FENNEL AND PARMESAN SALAD
- In a salad bowl, combine the lemon juice with the salt and pepper and whisk in the olive oil.
- Using a sharp knife or the slicing attachment on a food processor, slice the fennel bulbs wafer-thin, cutting from the base to the tip to make fanlike slices. Place the fennel in the lemon vinaigrette and toss.
- Tear the radicchio leaves into bite-size pieces and toss with the fennel. Divide between 4 salad plates. Then, using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan cheese into thin sheets, sprinkle on each plate and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 424, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fat 29 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 909 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams
ASPARAGUS-FENNEL PASTA SALAD
Asparagus delivers delightful spring flavor in this hearty side salad. Served warm, it includes a wonderful mix of fresh-tasting ingredients. -Linda Lacek, Winter Park, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place asparagus, onions and fennel in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. , Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, parsley and roasted vegetables. , In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 278mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SLOW-ROASTED HALIBUT WITH SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL SALAD
- For salad:
- Whisk lemon juice and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil, then add capers. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature and rewhisk before using.
- Place 1 asparagus spear flat on work surface. Using vegetable peeler, shave asparagus into long thin strips. Place asparagus strips in medium bowl with shaved fennel. DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- For fish:
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, herbs, and lemon peel in another medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle melted butter over. Using fork, toss to incorporate evenly.
- Place halibut fillets on prepared baking sheet, spacing apart. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide breadcrumbs among fillets to cover top (about 1/3 cup each), pressing to adhere. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 hour ahead. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake halibut until opaque in center, about 20 minutes. Turn on broiler. Broil halibut just until breadcrumbs start to brown, about 1 minute.
- Place 1 halibut fillet on each of 6 plates. Pour dressing over asparagus and fennel mixture; toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Divide salad among plates and serve.
SHAVED ASPARAGUS WITH ARUGULA AND PARMESAN
You can get asparagus from Peru all winter long, and early spring asparagus from Mexico and Southern California. This is not a dish to make with those. It celebrates your local, regional asparagus, whenever it shows up in your local farmers' market, after months of apples, potatoes and sturdy greens. Simply shaved, then dressed with oil and paired with arugula and Parmesan, it makes for a spring salad of enormous satisfaction.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Snap off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus. Using a mandolin, sharp vegetable peeler or thin-bladed knife, slice the asparagus lengthwise into paper-thin ribbons.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil to make a dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Place the asparagus ribbons in a shallow salad bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and coat with half the dressing. Add the arugula, tossing gently to distribute the asparagus. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave thin curls of Parmesan over the salad. Accompany with a platter of sliced prosciutto, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 113, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 203 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
SHAVED FENNEL AND ARUGULA SALAD
- Cut stalks from fennel bulb; reserve about 2 tablespoons greens (discard stems or save for making broth). On cutting board, place bulb, top side up. With sharp knife or mandoline, cut bulb in half, then cut into thin slices.
- In large bowl, mix orange peel and juice, oil, vinegar and salt with whisk. Add sliced fennel; toss to coat. Let stand at least 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, add arugula, cheese and reserved fennel greens; toss lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 140 mg
More about "shaved asparagus and fennel salad recipes"
SHAVED FENNEL ASPARAGUS SALAD - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
Cuisine AmericanCategory SaladServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- To blanch your asparagus, bring a large pot of water to a boil with a generous sprinkle of salt—a heaping 1/4 cup. When the water comes to a boil, add the asparagus and boil for 3-5 minutes, depending on the size of the stalk (thinner= less time, thicker= more time). Prepare a bath of ice water.
- When asparagus is bright green and tender—but still crisp--drain and transfer to the iceboat to stop the cooking. When the stalks have cooled, drain and set out on a towel to dry.
- To assemble, toss the asparagus and fennel together and plate on a serving platter. Sprinkle with feta, olives, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. To serve, drizzle with the dressing and a squeeze of fresh orange juice.
SHAVED ASPARAGUS & FENNEL SALAD & MEYER LEMON …
Servings 4Calories 156 per servingTotal Time 15 mins
- Working with 1 spear at a time, shave asparagus into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, stopping short of tips. Combine asparagus ribbons, tips, onion, fennel, and 1 tablespoon fronds in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, rind, juice, dill, 1/8 teaspoon salt, sugar, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and cheese in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour dressing over asparagus mixture. Toss gently to coat; refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle salad evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon fennel fronds, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
BEST SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL SALAD RECIPES | FOOD …
Servings 4Total Time 10 minsCategory Appetizer,Dinner,Salad,Side,Spring,Vegetables
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL SALAD - FOOD NETWORK
Servings 4Category Side-Dish
RECIPE - SHAVED ASPARAGUS MIMOSA SALAD - LCBO
SPINACH, FENNEL, AND ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE BY SKYE GYNGELL
TASTE OF THE OZARKS: SHAVED FENNEL, CARROT AND BLOOD ORANGE SALAD
SHAVED FENNEL SALAD WITH PROVOLONE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SHAVED FENNEL AND ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH HERBAL BUTTERMILK …
SHAVED VEGETABLE SALAD (EASY ARUGULA SALAD) - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
SHAVED FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
WARM ASPARAGUS AND HALLOUMI SALAD – THINKING A BAO FOOD
SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH FENNEL - LINDYSEZ | RECIPES
SHAVED CUCUMBER AND FENNEL SALAD WITH OLIVES AND FETA - KITCHN
SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE | DEBI MAZAR AND GABRIELE CORCOS ...
SUSAN SPUNGEN'S SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH PARMESAN
SHAVED ASPARAGUS, RADISH AND FENNEL SALAD
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH FENNEL & GRAPE SALAD - LOVE OF FOOD
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL WITH CAERPHILLY RECIPE
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SHAVED FENNEL AND AVOCADO SALAD | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
SPRING SALAD WITH SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING
SHAVED VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
I MAKE THIS EASY SALAD NON-STOP ALL SPRING LONG - MYRECIPES
BEST GRILLED FENNEL AND ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL SALAD WITH MEYER LEMON DRESSING …
SPRING VEGETABLE SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS, PEAS AND RADISHES
SHAVED FENNEL SALAD RECIPE — EATWELL101
SHAVED ASPARAGUS AND FENNEL WITH AGED CAERPHILLY RECIPE FROM HIX …
ASPARAGUS, FENNEL & ARUGULA SALAD WITH ZESTY ORANGE DRESSING
SPRING RECIPE: CHEF BRYANT TERRY’S SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD
RAW ASPARAGUS, FENNEL AND PECORINO SALAD RECIPE
SHAVED FENNEL AND CELERY SALAD - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE | VEGETABLES | HANNAFORD
SHAVED FENNEL AND CRUSHED OLIVE SALAD – SMITTEN KITCHEN
SHAVED FENNEL AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH PARMESAN AND PROSCIUTTO
EASY DINNER RECIPE: JULIENNE’S SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE
You'll also love