CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE
Luscious Dark Chocolate Rum Cake. The cake can be served plain, or it is delicious with coffee flavored whipped cream.
Provided by Steve P.
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Adjust rack one-third up from the bottom of the oven and preheat to 325°F.
- Choose a 9 inch Bundt pan or any other turban tube pan (10 cup capacity).
- Butter the pan well, then dust the whole inside of the pan with fine, dry plain bread crumbs.
- Shake out any excess crumbs and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a small double boiler or microwave on low setting.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a 2 cup glass measuring jug dissolve the coffee in the boiling water.
- Add cold water to the 1 1/2 cup line.
- Add 1/2 cup of dark rum. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, add the vanilla and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Add chocolate and beat to mix well.
- Adjust the machine to low speed, add the dry ingredients and the coffee/rum liquid alternately and gradually to avoid splashing.
- Scrape the bowl with a spatula, and beat until smooth.
- Pour into pan, smooth the top to make level.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a cake tester or a long thin barbecue stick and bake only until the tester comes out clean and dry.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then cover with a rack and invert.
- Remove the pan.
- Using a pastry brush or any 1 inch bristle paint brush, paint the cake with the extra 1/3 cup of dark rum, it will absorb completely.
- Leave the cake on the rack to cool.
- The cake can be served plain, or it is delicious with coffee flavored whipped cream.
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE FROM SCRATCH
This chocolate rum cake recipe is a riff on the classic holiday rum cake. It's full of deep and satisfying flavors and is incredibly moist. Topped with dark rum glaze!
Provided by Naomi Robinson
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To make the cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray. Whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the butter and ginger beer and stir until butter is melted. Remove pan from the heat. Add the unsweetened cocoa and sugar and stir to combine. Pour in the rum and stir to combine. Add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and stir to combine, Add the flour mixture and stir until no flour streaks remain. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake until cake tester inserted in the thickest part of the cake is free of wet batter (a few crumbs will be visible), about 45 to 50 minutes. In the meantime, make the glaze. To make the glaze: In a small saucepan, over medium high heat, combine the butter, sugar, rum and water. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Once the cake is done, transfer the Bundt pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Invert pan and turn out the cake out onto serving plate. Use a skewer and poke holes all over the cake and brush the cake all over with the glaze. Serve warm. Cover cake with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to two days, if any leftovers remain.
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch Bundt pan. Place chopped nuts in the bottom of the Bundt pan.
- With an electric mixer beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, 1/2 cup of the water, and 1/2 cup of the rum on high speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan over the top of the chopped nuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes.
- To Make Rum Glaze: In a saucepan combine the butter or margarine, sugar, 1/4 cup of the rum, and 1/4 cup of the water. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Pour immediately over still warm cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520 calories, Carbohydrate 56.9 g, Cholesterol 82.3 mg, Fat 28.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 564 mg, Sugar 39.6 g
MINI CHOCOLATE RUM CAKES
Looking for a flavorful dessert using Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ cake mix? Then check out this delicious chocolate rum cake.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 (6-cup) miniature fluted tube cake pans with shortening; lightly flour. In medium bowl, beat cake ingredients except chocolate chips with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully invert each pan onto cooling rack; lift pan from cakes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place bittersweet chocolate in medium bowl. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream to simmering; pour over chocolate. Let stand 3 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon rum. Spoon glaze over cakes.
- In small resealable freezer plastic bag, place white chocolate; seal bag. Microwave on High about 1 minute or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until chocolate is smooth; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate over cakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657, Carbohydrate 65 g, Fat 8, Fiber 2 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 376 mg
MOCHA LAYER CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE-RUM CREAM FILLING
- For filling and topping:
- Stir first 3 ingredients in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and cream comes to simmer. Remove from heat. Add 20 ounces chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth. Whisk in rum and vanilla. Transfer 1 cup warm chocolate mixture to small bowl; whisk remaining 2 ounces chocolate into mixture in bowl and set aside for topping. Cover; let stand at room temperature. Transfer remaining chocolate mixture to large bowl to use as filling; chill until cold and thick, at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- For syrup:
- Stir water and sugar in small saucepan over low heat just until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; mix in rum. Cover and let stand up to 1 day.
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Line bottom with waxed paper; butter paper. Combine vanilla and coffee powder in cup; swirl to dissolve coffee. Sift flour, cocoa, and baking soda into small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl until very thick and light in color, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla-coffee mixture. Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. Fold 1/3 of whites into yolk mixture. Fold in half of flour mixture. Fold in half of remaining whites, then remaining flour mixture, then remaining whites. Transfer batter to prepared pan; gently spread to even thickness.
- Bake cake until puffed and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Cool in pan on rack (cake may shrink slightly).
- Cut around pan to loosen cake. Turn out onto work surface; peel off paper. Using long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half. Place 1 half, cut side up, on platter. Drizzle half of syrup (about 3 1/2 tablespoons) over. Using electric mixer, beat cold chocolate filling until thick and lighter in color, less than 1 minute. Spread all of filling evenly over cake layer, aligning with sides of cake (filling will be about 1 inch thick). Drizzle remaining syrup over cut side of second cake layer. Place layer, syrup side down, atop filling; press to adhere. Rewarm topping over low heat just until pourable. Pour topping onto top center of cake. Using small spatula, spread topping to edges, being careful to keep it from spilling over. Chill cake up to 1 day, covering loosely with foil or with cake dome after 2 hours.
- Cut cake into 16 squares and serve.
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. In large bowl, mix 1 cup whipping cream, the whole milk, condensed milk and 1/3 cup rum. Pierce top of hot cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. Carefully pour whipping cream mixture evenly over top of cake. Cover and refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled and most of whipping cream mixture has been absorbed into cake.
- In chilled large bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons rum and the vanilla on high speed until soft peaks form. Frost cake with whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 330 mg, Sugar 30 g, TransFat 0 g
SALLY'S CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE
Another of my MIL's famous recipes. DH requests this on his birthday every year, or whenever he has an excuse to request cake! :)
Provided by Gatorbek
Yield 1 cake, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grease and flour bundt pan. Crumble nuts in bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cake and pudding mixes. Add rum, water, oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- Bake at 325F for 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Mix all ingredients (sugar, butter, rum, and water) and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from pan and pour on hot rum glaze.
- Let cool, can be served slightly warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 770.2, Fat 42.6, SaturatedFat 12.4, Cholesterol 123.5, Sodium 842.1, Carbohydrate 83.7, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 58.2, Protein 7.9
CHOCOLATE COCONUT RUM CAKE
- In a baking dish toast 2/3 cup of the coconut in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven until it just begins to color, transfer it to a small bowl, and let it cool.
- In a metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water melt the chocolate and the butter with the rum, stirring, until the mixture is smooth and remove the bowl from the heat. In a bowl whisk together the yolks, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the flour, and the salt until the mixture is smooth and whisk in the chocolate mixture and the remaining (untoasted) 1/3 cup coconut. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat the whites until they hold soft peaks and beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until the whites just hold stiff peaks. Stir half the whites into the chocolate mixture and fold in the remaining whites gently but thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a buttered 7- or 8-inch springform pan, bake the cake in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until it is set and the top is puffed and cracked, and let it cool in the pan on a rack. (The cake will fall as it cools.)
- Remove the side of the pan from the cake and spread the frosting on the side of the cake. Holding the cake in one hand over the bowl of toasted coconut, with the other hand press the coconut onto the frosting, letting the excess fall back into the bowl.
- The cake may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered loosely and chilled.
- Make the frosting while the cake is cooling:
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter, add the rum, the salt, and the confectioners' sugar, and beat the frosting until it is light and fluffy.
More about "chocolate rum cake recipes"
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
4.9/5 (48)Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
GRANDPA'S CHOCOLATE-RUM CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (4)Servings 12-15
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add rum; beat until blended.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; add to sugar mixture alternately with hot water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition; stir in flavorings.
- Bake at 350° for 27 minutes (cake will not test quite done). Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - SWEET SPICY KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE | DIXIE CRYSTALS - RECIPES
THE WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE (VEGAN) - SUGAR SPICE
BACARDI RUM CAKE BAHAMAS - ADEQUATE EJOURNAL SALES OF PHOTOS
WARM CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH RUM-SOAKED PRUNES | BIGGER BOLDER …
RUM CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - EASY FRENCH FOOD
DECADENT CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - A CARIBBEAN RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE | BAKED BREE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
10 RUM CAKE RECIPES THAT ARE SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE | ALLRECIPES
FAVORITE CUBAN DESSERTS: CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH RUM FROSTING
CHOCOLATE BACARDI RUM CAKE - CLICK AMERICANA
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - DELICIOUSLY DIFFERENT - SOUDERS STUDIOS
BEST CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - DAILYDISHRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - #FOODBYJONISTER
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - RECIPE - THE ANSWER IS CAKE
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
THIS BOOZY CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE WILL ALMOST GET YOU BUZZED
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - JAMIE GELLER
THE ULTIMATE RUM CAKE RECIPE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT MALIBU RUM CAKE - URBAN BAKES
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
10 BEST JAMAICAN RUM CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE CHUNK RUM CAKE - THE SEASONED MOM
CHOCOLATE PRUNE RUM CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - FOOD FUN & FARAWAY PLACES
WICKED & EASY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - GOSLINGS RUM
CHOCOLATE, PRUNE AND RUM CAKE - WGBH
CHERRY CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
BEST COCONUT RUM CAKE RECIPE - CONVINCING WEB LOG LIGHTBOX
ORIGINAL BACARDI RUM CAKE RECIPE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
CHOCOLATE RUM MARBLE CAKE - IMMACULATE BITES
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL RUM CAKE | BAKERS ROYALE
CHOCOLATE RUM CAKE - FOOD HEAVEN
CARIBBEAN-STYLE RUM CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #holiday-event #cakes #easter #dietary #christmas #new-years #valentines-day #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a Christmas cake with rum?Grease one 10 inch Bundt pan. Place chopped nuts in the bottom of the Bundt pan. With an electric mixer beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, 1/2 cup of the water, and 1/2 cup of the rum on high speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan over the top of the chopped nuts. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes.
How do you make chocolate rum?Melt chocolate in a small double boiler or microwave on low setting. Set aside to cool slightly. In a 2 cup glass measuring jug dissolve the coffee in the boiling water. Add cold water to the 1 1/2 cup line. Add 1/2 cup of dark rum. Set aside to cool completely. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, add the vanilla and sugar.
What is the best rum cake mix?World's Best Chocolate Rum Cake 1 18.25-oz box Chocolate Devil's Food cake mix 1 3.9-oz box Instant chocolate pudding mix 4 Eggs 1/2 cup Water 1/2 cup Vegetable oil 1/2 cup Golden Rum 1/2 cup Pecans chopped 1/2 cup Butter 1 cup Sugar 1/4 cup Golden Rum 1/4 cup Water 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
How to make a rum Bundt cake?Preheat oven to 325º F (165 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch Bundt cake pan or use cooking spray. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, half cup of water, and a half cup rum on high speed for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of bacon, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and a half cup of peanut butter chips, and stir to combine.