CHOPPED SALAD WITH LEMON AND DILL
- In a large bowl toss together the romaine, radicchio, and scallions. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113 calorie, Fat 10.5 grams, SaturatedFat 1.5 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 157 milligrams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 1 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CHOPPED ROMAINE AND RADICCHIO SALAD
- To a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the Parmesan, olive oil, mustard, vinegar and salt. Screw on the top and shake vigorously to emulsify. Set aside to let the flavors marry.
- In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, radicchio, basil, cucumber, avocado and pita chips. Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with the salt and toss gently to coat and combine.
CHOPPED ROMAINE & CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING
This crunchy, flavor-packed salad is one of the most-requested recipes at the award-winning restaurant, Oleana, and was printed in Chef Ana Sortun's cookbook, "Spice: Flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean".
Provided by blucoat
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Wash and dry the romaine leaves. Be careful to dry the greens thoroughly, or the dressing won't cling. Chop the romaine into fine shreds (1/4 inch) and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Peel the cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise. Spoon out the seeds. Cut each half in half widthwise, making four long pieces, and grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze out any excess water with your hands.
- Add the shredded cucumber to the chopped romaine. Combine the romaine and cucumber with the walnuts, chopped arugula, and herbs, and set aside or keep cold until you're ready to toss and serve.
- Make the dressing by combining the minced garlic with the lemon, vinegar, and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Let this mixture sit for at least 10 minutes to soften the sharpness of the raw garlic.
- Finish the dressing by whisking in the yogurt and then the olive oil, little by little. Season to taste with salt and fresh-ground pepper.
- Just before serving, add half the dressing to the salad, salt and pepper taste, and toss. Romaine is thick and crunchy and needs more dressing than a delicate lettuce. Taste the salad, and if the dressing's too light, spoon on more. Sprinkle with chilies and serve immediately.
DILLY ROMAINE SALAD
Fresh dill gives a nice zing and flavor to the dressing for this refreshing salad. I seldom use store-bought dressings anymore, now that I know how easy it is to mix up my own homemade versions. -Catherine Dawe, Kent, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (1 cup salad dressing).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and shake well. Serve with salad. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 188mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ROMAINE AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH TOASTED SEEDS
- Combine all seeds in heavy small skillet. Add large pinch of salt. Cook over low heat until white sesame seeds are pale golden, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Using potato masher, press mixture in skillet until coriander seeds are coarsely crushed.
- Place lemon juice and peel in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper. (Seeds and dressing can be made 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Combine romaine and arugula in large bowl. Add dressing and half of seeds; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining seeds and serve.
GREEK STYLE ROMAINE SALAD WITH LEMON AND FRESH DILL
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice oil and salt.
- Add the lettuce, dill and scallions, tossing well. Add the feta and toss again.
ROMAINE SALAD WITH ANCHOVY AND LEMON
Though this is a very simple salad, it is exquisite when attention is paid to every little detail. Packaged organic romaine hearts are available at most supermarkets, but using the hearts of whole romaine heads or whole baby romaine will make for a fresher version. Save the plucked outer leaves for a chopped salad or other cooking.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories salads and dressings, vegetables, appetizer
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare the romaine hearts: Cut off the bottoms, and remove a few of the outer leaves from each head. Gently separate the pale inner leaves and refresh in a deep basin of cold water. Drain leaves well, then spin dry, wrap in kitchen towels and refrigerate.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, stir together the lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and anchovy. Whisk in the olive oil, and season well with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning; dressing should be rather tart.
- Put the leaves in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pour the dressing over the lettuce and gently coat the leaves, tossing with your hands. Using a peeler, shave large curls of Parmesan over the salad.
ROMAINE, ARUGULA, AND AVOCADO SALAD
- In a serving bowl whisk together vinegar and salt and pepper to taste and whisk in oil until emulsified. Peel, pit, and chop avocado. Add avocado, romaine, arugula, and onion to vinaigrette and toss to coat.
More about "chopped salad of romaine arugula dill and lemon recipes"
ARUGULA SALAD WITH ALMONDS & LEMON DILL VINAIGRETTE
SHREDDED ROMAINE AND BABY ARUGULA SALAD WITH SPRING …
ROMAINE AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH TOASTED SEEDS RECIPE …
SIMPLE LEMONY ARUGULA SALAD WITH AVOCADO - THE …
APPLE SALAD WITH ROMAINE AND ARUGULA - DINNER RECIPES
CHOPPED ROMAINE AND CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT …
ARUGULA DILL SUMMER SALAD RECIPE | YOGI TEA
GRILLED ROMAINE CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
DILL PICKLE CHOPPED SALAD (COSTCO COPYCAT TAYLOR FARMS)
DILL PICKLE CHOPPED SALAD KIT - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHOPPED FETA SALAD - SKINNYTASTE
ROMAINE AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH TOASTED SEEDS RECIPE
ROMAINE AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH LEMON CHIVE DRESSING - JUST …
QUICK ARUGULA SALAD WITH LEMON AND ROMANO - THE FRAYED APRON
ARUGULA SALAD WITH LEMON DRESSING - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
CHOPPED MEDITERRANEAN SALAD WITH ARUGULA - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD …
CREAMY DILL ROMAINE SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
CHOPPED SALAD OF ROMAINE, ARUGULA, DILL AND LEMON
CHOPPED GREEK SALAD WITH LEMON DRESSING AND ROMAINE LETTUCE
LEMONY CHOPPED SALAD WITH PITA RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TOP 50 APPLE SALAD WITH ROMAINE AND ARUGULA DINNER RECIPES
ULTIMATE SUMMER BBQ CHOPPED KALE SALAD - ORCHIDS + SWEET TEA
ARUGULA SALAD WITH FENNEL AND LEMON - STRIPED SPATULA
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH LEMON & PARMESAN - LIVE EAT LEARN
5 MINUTE LEMON ARUGULA SALAD - LIFE AS A STRAWBERRY
CHOPPED SALAD OF ROMAINE, ARUGULA, DILL, AND LEMON RECIPE | EAT …
SHREDDED ROMAINE AND CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING
LEMON PARMESAN LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
EASY HEALTHY WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPES & RESOURCES FOR LOSING …
ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD - CLEAN & DELICIOUS
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH A CREAMY AVOCADO DILL DRESSING
CHOPPED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ROMAINE SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE | CANADIAN LIVING
CHOPPED SALAD OF ROMAINE, ARUGULA, DILL, AND LEMON
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you serve arugula salad?Add the arugula, tomato, cucumber, shallots and sliced avocado. Pour the dressing and toss. Step 3: Serve Transfer the salad to a serving platter. Serve immediately. Tip Like other green salads, this arugula salad is best served immediately because baby arugula will wilt if it sits in the dressing or vinaigrette very long.
What is the best way to make lettuce salad?In a salad bowl, mix together the romaine, arugula, dill and scallions. Sprinkle with salt. Grind pepper on top. Sprinkle the lemon juice and zest over the leaves. Pour on the olive oil. Using a salad fork and spoon, mix the leaves together until all the strips of lettuce are coated and the flavors are blended.
How do you make a salad dressing?Step 1: Mix the dressing or vinaigrette In a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Step 2: Mix Salad Add the arugula, tomato, cucumber, shallots and sliced avocado. Pour the dressing and toss. Step 3: Serve Transfer the salad to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
How to make avocado salad?How to Make It Step 1: Mix the dressing or vinaigrette In a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Step 2: Mix Salad Add the arugula, tomato, cucumber, shallots and sliced avocado. Pour the dressing and toss.