This is a buttery coconut-pecan cookie. The crunch comes from the pecans and coconut, but the cookie itself is chewy. I do not add salt to this recipe, as I think with salted butter enough salt is present.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Toast coconut flakes and pecans in batches until lightly browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Beat to combine.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in toasted pecans and coconut.
- Place scoops of dough on the prepared baking sheet using a 1 1/2-tablespoon spring-hinged scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.2 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 18.7 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 75.1 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES
These golden brown cookies will remind you of German chocolate cake, with chocolate chips and coconut in the batter and a yummy pecan-coconut frosting. A drizzle of chocolate tops them off in a festive way. -Diane Selich Vassar, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For frosting, in a large saucepan, combine the egg, milk, sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened and mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in coconut and pecans. Set aside., In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 2 cups chips and coconut., Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely., In a microwave, melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled cookies; drizzle with melted chocolate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 174mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BEST COCONUT PECAN COOKIES
I gave cookies to friends every year, and these are a favorite. Freeze the dough in logs, then slice and bake the crisp, buttery, coconut pecan cookies when you need them. -Betty Matthews, South Haven, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 2 cups coconut., Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in. long roll. Roll in remaining coconut. Wrap tightly in waxed paper; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm., Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 83mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
PECAN COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Beat shortening, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in another bowl until smooth. Beat eggs into butter mixture one at a time, adding coconut extract and vanilla extract with the last egg. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture and fold in coconut, pecans, semisweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop up dough by spoonfuls and roll into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten dough balls slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.6 calories, Carbohydrate 20.1 g, Cholesterol 17.9 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 103.5 mg, Sugar 12.4 g
CHEWY COCONUT-PECAN COOKIES RECIPE - (4.7/5)
Provided by msippigrl
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In another mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until fluffy. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in the coconut and pecans. Lightly cover the bowl of dough and put in the freezer for about 20 minutes. (Rolling into balls will be easier.) Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until set. They will look a bit undercooked and won't be brown. (If you bake them until they begin to brown, the cookies will turn out crispy instead of chewy.) Let stand on baking sheet for 1 minute, then carefully transfer cookies with a flat metal spatula to a wire rack to cool. Note: These cookies spread out to almost flat when they bake, that's the way they should be because they don't have any baking powder in them. *Most flaked coconut has long strands that I didn't want in the cookies so I pulsed it in the food processor using the steel blade until desired size.
COCONUT-PECAN COOKIES RECIPE - (3.8/5)
Provided by longhornfans
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Mix sugars, butter, and eggs. 3. Add vanilla and mix well. 4. Mix in flour, then add coconut and pecans; mix well. 5. Roll into walnut size balls and roll in cinnamon sugar. 6. Bake until lightly golden brown (approximately 10 - 12 minutes).
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together with flour, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add coconut flakes and pecans.
- Roll into balls and (flatten for thinner) place apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Makes 48 large cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 27.8, Sodium 139.8, Carbohydrate 22.4, Fiber 1, Sugar 12.6, Protein 2.2
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES (VEGAN)
The best "healthy" cookie. Delicious and oh so good! These are my family's favorite cookies and we make them all the time for friends and get-togethers. They taste really great with the raisins added, but some of our friends aren't raisin fans so we usually make 1/2 with raisin and 1/2 without. I got this from the Micheff Sister, Cinda Sanders, on their cooking show last year "Holiday Cookie Swap" and its been a regular in our family the rest of the year. We usually make a double batch and put some in the freezer. These keep well in the freezer for 2 - 3 months. Be sure to store them in an airtight container. You are supposed to get about 20 cookies, but I usually have 15...maybe I make them a little bigger. ;) Update: I usually use fresh moist shredded coconut. I tried using this with dry coconut and had to add a bit of water to moisten it up enough to form cookies. Sometimes it's difficult to get the raisins to stick.
Provided by Enjolinfam
Yield 15-20 cookies, 15-20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix flour, quick oats, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Mix oil and sugar and beat until creamy with an electric mixer (can do by hand, but it takes longer). Add cornstarch and mix. Add soy milk, then vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, then stir in the coconut and pecans.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- They do not get very brown and should still be a little moist inside. Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before putting them on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.6, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 3.4, Sodium 257.3, Carbohydrate 38, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 16.7, Protein 4.6
COCONUT PECAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH CARAMEL FILLING
- To make the shortbread: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place coconut on a baking sheet, and toast until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring halfway through. Transfer the coconut to a cutting board, and finely chop. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Spread the pecans on the baking pan, and toast until fragrant and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Transfer the pecans to a cutting board, and finely chop. Add to bowl with the coconut.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, flour, and salt; beat to combine. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Form the dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic. Transfer to refrigerator, and chill until firm, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/4-inch-thick. Using a 2 1/4-inch fluted pastry cutter, cut out 68 rounds. Place the rounds, spaced 1 inch apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate dough 5 to 10 minutes. Using a 3/4-inch round aspic cutter, or the large end of a pastry tip, cut out and discard the centers from 34 cookies, making top halves.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container, at room temperature until ready to use
- To make the filling: Place the sugar and 3 tablespoons water in a small saucepan. Set over medium-high heat, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook until dark amber in color, about 5 minutes. Use a pastry brush, dipped in water, to wash down sides of pan to prevent crystallization as the mixture boils. Remove saucepan from the heat, and gradually whisk in the cream and butter. Transfer to a medium bowl, and let cool.
- To assemble the cookies: Spoon or pipe about 1/2 teaspoon caramel in the center of each of the bottom halves, and sandwich both halves together. Drizzle remaining caramel over the tops of the cookies. Let the caramel set at least 2 hours, and up to overnight.
More about "coconut pecan cookies recipes"
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - OUR BALANCED BOWL
5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let it cool off for a few minutes, you don't want it to be steaming hot. Add in the granulated and dark brown sugar and using a mixer, mix to combine.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg and beat until combined and fully incorporated - I find that's best to beat this on low speed.
- Add the dry ingredients: the all purpose flour, baking soda and pinch of salt. Using your mixer, combine the dough until combined.
PECAN COCONUT COOKIES - DIVALICIOUS RECIPES
COCONUT, PECAN & CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - MY BAKING …
COCONUT PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES - THE …
10 BEST OATMEAL COCONUT PECAN COOKIES RECIPES
COCONUT PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COWBOY COOKIES …
GLUTEN FREE COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - COLORFUL RECIPES
COCONUT, RAISIN & PECAN COOKIES | MCCORMICK
NO BAKE COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
LEMON COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE …
PERFECT COCONUT COOKIES WITH PECANS - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
PECAN & COCONUT OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES …
BEST COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - SWEET AND SIMPLE LIVING
CHOCOLATE COCONUT PECAN SANDWICH COOKIES - BAKE OR …
NO-BAKE COCONUT PECAN PRALINE COOKIES | 12 TOMATOES
10 BEST COCONUT PECAN COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
COCONUT PECAN COOKIE RECIPE - EAT DESSERT FIRST
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
CHEWY DARK CHOCOLATE, COCONUT & PECAN COOKIES - FOODWORTHFEED
THE BEST COCONUT AND PECAN MACAROON COOKIES YOU’VE EVER HAD!
BROWN BUTTER PECAN COCONUT COOKIES - THIS MOM'S CONFESSIONS
CRUNCHY PECAN COCONUT COOKIES - LEARNING TO BAKE
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES RECIPE – BROKEN OVEN BAKING
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - YOUR RECIPE BLOG
WHITE CHOCOLATE COCONUT PECAN COOKIES RECIPE
COCONUT PECAN LOW COUNTRY COOKIES RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
EASY KETO NO-BAKE PECAN COCONUT COOKIES (JUST 1 NET CARB)
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES – VRAI MAGAZINE
COCONUT, CHOCOLATE & PECAN COOKIES | CANADIAN LIVING
COCONUT PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES, EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPE
NO BAKE COCONUT PRALINE COOKIES | EASY COCONUT COOKIE RECIPE
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - SAVOR THE BEST
BLUEBERRY COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - IN FINE TASTE
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES • CRAVING SOME CREATIVITY
TOFFEE COCONUT PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BAREFEET IN THE …
COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OATMEAL COCONUT PECAN COOKIES - WATCH LEARN EAT
CRUNCHY OATMEAL-COCONUT-PECAN COOKIES - PAULA DEEN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #fruit #oven #dinner-party #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #nuts #dietary #gifts #coconut #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love