CRANBERRY-APPLE FRENCH TOAST
My husband's breakfast club at work raves about this make-ahead French toast. Pop it in the oven in the morning to get your day off to a sweet, bubbly start. -Mara Faulkner, Martinsburg, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix first four ingredients and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; toss with apples and cranberries. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture to moisten; place over fruit, overlapping or trimming slices to fit. Pour remaining egg mixture over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight., Preheat oven to 375°. Remove baking dish from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 197mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
UPSIDE-DOWN APPLE FRENCH TOAST WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a flat dish, crack eggs and add milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined then lay challah slices in mixture to coat and absorb it all, turning occasionally.
- Set a 10-inch skillet, seasoned cast iron if you have, over medium heat. Add the butter and 1 cup sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has melted and caramelized, about 8 minutes. While the sugar is melting, peel apples, core and cut into halves. Remove from heat and gently whisk in the heavy cream. Sprinkle in the pecans, dried cranberries and gently press in the apple halves so there is a flat surface. Lay soaked slices of challah over the top so it is completely covered - you should be able to arrange the large slices and small slices so there are no gaps. Sprinkle the top with some brown sugar and place into the preheated oven. Bake in the middle of the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden and puffy.
- When done, allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes then invert onto a large plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve.
CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST
Provided by Robert Irvine : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice challah bread into thick pieces. Combine cream cheese, sugar, fresh cranberries together. Cut a pocket into the bread and stuff cream cheese mixture inside. Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Dip stuffed bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place bread in pan, heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
APPLE-RAISIN FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
This is a delicious breakfast dish that my mother likes to prepare for Christmas breakfast. It is easy to prepare, and sets overnight, so in the morning you just put it in the oven and enjoy.
Provided by JRGLUCHOW
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in melted butter. Stir in apples and raisins until evenly coated. Pour into prepared pan. Arrange bread slices in an even layer over apples.
- In the bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Pour over bread, making sure every slice is fully soaked. Cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerated overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Remove dish from refrigerator while the oven is heating. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Remove cover, and bake 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.9 calories, Carbohydrate 51.8 g, Cholesterol 115.8 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 354.3 mg, Sugar 28.2 g
CRANBERRY APPLE HOLIDAY FRENCH TOAST
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker several years ago, but I just found and tried it for the first time, and was amazed with the flavor! It's a great Christmas morning dish, or an easy day-after-Thanksgiving breakfast for guests. The Splenda and egg substitute make for a bit health-friendlier breakfast, too.
Provided by NavyWifenMom
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a 9x13 baking dish. Add apples and cranberries. Toss to coat well. Spread evenly in pan.
- Arrange slices of bread atop apple mixture.
- Mix egg substitute, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, soaking it completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 1-2 hrs if not made ahead).
- When ready to bake: Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover an bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar, whipped cream to taste (We prefer a very light dusting of powdered sugar for the kids and plain for the adults).
CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE FRENCH TOAST
My friend makes this French toast bake with blueberries, but I make mine with cranberry sauce. Either way, it's divine. It makes a great brunch dish for Christmas morning. -Sandie Heindel, Liberty, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Arrange half the bread in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with cream cheese and spoonfuls of cranberry sauce. Top with remaining bread., In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Pour over casserole. Refrigerate, covered, overnight., Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with additional maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 19g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 231mg cholesterol, Sodium 382mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 13g protein.
- Whisk apple cider, corn syrup, and brown sugar in heavy large saucepan. Boil over high heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons butter; whisk until melted. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add apple pieces; sauté 2 minutes. Add cranberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir until cranberries begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Stir in reduced cider mixture. Boil until reduced to syrup consistency, about 6 minutes. Stir in more sugar, if desired. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir over medium heat until heated through.) Transfer compote to bowl and serve warm.
EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST WITH CRANBERRY-APPLE COMPOTE
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Place bread slices in single layer in two 13x9x2-inch glass baking dishes. Pour custard over bread, dividing equally. Cover dishes and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Butter 2 large rimmed baking sheets with some melted butter. Using spatula, transfer bread slices to prepared baking sheets. Brush bread with remaining melted butter. Bake 10 minutes. Turn over bread slices and bake until golden brown and crisp on the outside but soft on the inside, about 6 minutes longer. Place 2 French toast slices on each of 8 plates. Dust generously with powdered sugar; serve with Cranberry-Apple Compote
More about "cranberry apple french toast recipes"
CRANBERRY-APPLE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
4/5 (3)Calories 270 per servingServings 12
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apple, cinnamon, and cloves to pan; cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in 2 tablespoons brown sugar; cook 2 minutes or until sugar melts. Remove from heat.
- Place quartered rolls on a jelly-roll pan; bake at 250° for 15 minutes. Arrange rolls in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cranberries evenly over rolls; top with apple mixture. Combine apple juice and the next 5 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over roll mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
Reviews 10Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 9 hrs
- Melt the butter and pour into the casserole. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts (optional), orange zest, and 2 tablespoons of the orange juice. Press along the bottom to form a kind of crust.
- Arrange the bread slices in a way that covers the fruit. Drizzle half the remaining orange juice over the bread.
APPLE-CRANBERRY OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
Category Healthy French Toast RecipesCalories 397 per servingTotal Time 9 hrs 30 mins
- Toss bread, apples and cranberries in the prepared pan. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; whisk to combine. Pour the custard over the bread mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts. Coat a piece of foil with cooking spray and cover the pan, coated-side down. Place another 9-by-13-inch baking dish on top as a weight. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the top baking dish, leaving the foil in place. Let stand at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Bake the casserole, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
APPLE CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (10)Total Time 24 hrs 15 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 291 per serving
CRANBERRY-APPLE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST WITH CRANBERRY-APPLE COMPOTE RECIPE | BON …
CRANBERRY-APPLE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CHALLAH FRENCH TOAST WITH CRANBERRY-APPLE COMPOTE - FOOD CHANNEL
CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLE CRANBERRY BAKED FRENCH TOAST - ALIDA'S KITCHEN
APPLE CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST BAKE - YOU MADE THAT
CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - RECIPE RUNNER
FRENCH TOAST WITH CRANBERRY APPLE TOPPING RECIPE
CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST | JENNY SHEA RAWN
APPLE FRENCH TOAST BAKE – A MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST
SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST | JUGGLING MIDLIFE BLOG
FRENCH TOAST WITH APPLE CRANBERRY SAUCE - RECIPES WITH ESSENTIAL …
101 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: CRANBERRY-APPLE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST - EAT 2 GATHER
CRANBERRY-APPLE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - AMERICAN RECIPES
CROCK POT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
TASTE OF HOME - CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST CALORIES, CARBS ...
APPLE CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST BAKE - $5 DINNERS | MEAL PLANS
CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST BAKE - KIM'S CRAVINGS
BAKED APPLE CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE CRANBERRY BAKED FRENCH TOAST – FOOD LOVERS HEAVEN
BAKED APPLE FRENCH TOAST - ONCE UPON A CHEF
APPLE CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST - AMERICAN RECIPES
CRANBERRY ORANGE FRENCH TOAST BAKE - ANOTHERTABLESPOON
BAKED FRENCH TOAST WITH APPLE CRANBERRY COMPOTE
CRANBERRY-ORANGE FRENCH TOAST - FRENCH TOAST RECIPES
SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST - YUM GOGGLE
BAKED CRANBERRY APPLE FRENCH TOAST - INGLES-MARKETS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you serve with baked apple French toast?Serve the baked apple French toast with a sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar, a drizzle of maple syrup, and bacon on the side. Begin with the custard: in a large bowl, combine the eggs, half & half, maple syrup, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine.
What is the best way to make a cranberry bread casserole?Arrange half the bread in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with cream cheese and spoonfuls of cranberry sauce. Top with remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Pour over casserole. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
What is the rating of Apple Raisin French toast casserole?Follow Us Home Recipes Breakfast and Brunch Eggs Apple-Raisin French Toast Casserole Apple-Raisin French Toast Casserole Rating: 4.53 stars 423 Ratings
How long does it take to make French toast?It took me about 2 hours to prepare but wasn't difficult (just time consuming) Recipe Suggestion: When you cover the french toast with tin foil, be sure that the foil is not actually touching the toast or it will stick when you are cooking it. Or, alternatively you could oil or spray the tinfoil.