DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS
A Classic Dominican Rice and Beans Recipe where a little salt makes a huge difference! Perfect for weeknight dinners!
Provided by Belqui's Twist
Categories Vegan Budget-Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Weeknight Dinners Comfort Food Dairy-Free Shellfish-Free Meal Plan Full Meal Beginner Egg-Free Fish-Free Peanut-Free Tree Nut-Free Sugar-Free Stove
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large pot over high heat, bring Water (5 cup) to a boil after adding the Salt (2 tablespoon).
- Once at a boil, add the Long Grain White Rice (4 cup) and stir well.
- Bring to a boil again while stirring frequently.
- Once water evaporates, lower heat to low and add Corn Oil (5 tablespoon). Stir well and cover.
- Cook on low for 25 minutes. Do not uncover
- After 25 minutes, uncover, stir fluffing up the rice. Cover again and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add Corn Oil (2 tablespoon). Heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add Onion (1/4 cup) and stir for about 1 minute. Then add Garlic (1 teaspoon) and stir for another minute.
- Add Assorted Color Bell Peppers (1/2 cup), Lime Juice (1 tablespoon), Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon), Distilled White Vinegar (1 tablespoon), Adobo Seasoning (2 tablespoon), Ground Oregano (1 tablespoon) and Olives (2 tablespoon). Stir well.
- Add the Tomato Sauce (1 can) and Fresh Cilantro (1/4 cup). Stir well.
- Add the Black Beans (1 can) and Water (29 fluid ounce) and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, lower heat to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- With a strainer or fork, crush some of the beans over the saucepan and return. This will thicken up the beans a bit. So you can do this as much as you'd like.
- Cook until beans reach the desired thickness or consistency. Serve together with white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64 calories, Protein 1.6 g, Fat 1.7 g, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Sugar 0.2 g, Sodium 296.4 mg, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, TransFat 0.0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, UnsaturatedFat 1.4 g
RICE WITH BEANS (MORO DE HABICHUELAS)
One of the most common dishes in the Dominican Republic, Moro is a mixture of rice, beans and vegetables.
Provided by Vanessa
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large cast-iron pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, pepper, garlic, cilantro, tomato sauce, chicken bouillon cubes, sazon, oregano, adobo and black pepper for about 2-3 minutes until vegetables begin to release aroma.
- Add the beans with it's liquid and water. When the water begins to boil, add the rice, stirring occasionally to avoid from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Once the rice has soaked up all the water and begins to dry up, lower the heat to low. Cover and let cook for 25 minutes. Then, stir the rice carefully and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514 kcal, Carbohydrate 95 g, Protein 13 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 268 mg, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
DOMINICAN WHITE RICE
A classic Dominican White Rice recipe where a little salt makes a huge difference!
Provided by belquistwist
Categories lunch Main Course Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large pot over high heat, bring water to a boil after adding the salt.
- Once at a boil, add the rice and stir well.
- Bring to a boil again while stirring frequently.
- Once water evaporates, lower heat to low and add corn oil. Stir well and cover.
- Cook on low for 25 minutes. Do not uncover.
- After 25 minutes, uncover, stir fluffing up the rice.
- Cover again and cook for another 5 minutes.
DOMINICAN STYLE RICE AND BEANS
The rice and beans in this traditional favorite are prepared in a single pot, completing an all-in-one meal.
Provided by Tyler Slater
Categories South American
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Presoak beans overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours in a large container with enough water to generously cover. Drain water, transfer beans to a large stockpot, and cover with 5 cups of fresh water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, add the ham or bacon pieces, partially cover, and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add 1 cup of water and continue cooking for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a sofrito: In a food processor or blender, combine garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, and half of the onion and process to a coarse paste.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the sofrito mixture, and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, salt, black pepper, tomato, vinegar, and remaining onion to the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes. Use a large spoon to separate the rice and bean mixture from the sides of the pot (do not stir any further or the mixture will break up and take on a gluey consistency). The dish is done when the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is fluffy.
Categories Blender Food Processor Bean Garlic Herb Pepper Tomato Side Vegetarian Vegan Gourmet Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 4 (main course) or 8 (side dish) servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Purée half of beans in food processor with 1 cup water until smooth.
- Tie cilantro into a tight bundle with string.
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softeneed but not brown, about 8 minutes. Add tomato paste, vinegar, and 1 cup water, then bring to a boil and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add puréed and whole beans, Cubanelle pepper halves, cilantro, bay leaves, salt, oregano, pepper, and remaining 2 cups water, then simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours (mixture will reduce and thicken). Remove and discard Cubanelle pepper halves, cilantro, and bay leaves, then serve.
DOMINICAN MORO DE HABICHUELAS NEGRAS ( RICE AND BEANS)
Similar to Puerto Rican and Cuban, rice and beans. This is the version from the Dominican Republic. This is a staple dish for Christmas. We also make the same with red kidney beans. Try to boil your own beans instead of using the canned type. I find it makes a great difference. Just put about 2-3 cups of raw beans in 4-5 cups of water and boil over very low heat for 4-6 hours until the bean can be easily be squeezed between your fingers. Then you can freeze or refrigerate them in its own water. When using them for the rice use the same water they were boiled in, much more flavorful.
Provided by Kitty Kat Cook
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the garlic, onions, oregano, pepper, parsley, and salt. Sautee for a minute then add the bouillon, stir until dissolved. Add the tomato paste and stir until heated.
- Add the beans and stir with your base. Heat for about a minute stirring constantly. Don't let it stick or burn. Increase heat to maximum and carefully add 1 cup of the water and allow it to simmer. When it starts to simmer, add the rice, stir and add the rest of the water. (at this point you should test for salt, it should be a bit saltier than you'd prefer because the beans and rice will absorb most of it). Bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil reduce heat to the lowest possible and cover with a lid.
- After 15 minutes remove the lid, most of the water should have been reduced. Throw in the whole spring of cilantro and give everything a good stir from bottom to top. Cover again and let it cook for 10-15 more minutes.
More about "dominican rice and beans recipes"
MORO - DOMINICAN RED BEANS AND RICE - GOYA FOODS
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 4
DOMINICAN WHITE RICE AND BEANS - ALBION ONLINE FOOD RECIPES
DOMINICAN STYLE BEANS AND RICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DOMINICAN BEAN AND BEEF STEW RECIPE (LA BANDERA) | MAHATMA® …
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC -- RICE & BEANS (MORO DE HABICHUELAS) RECIPE ...
DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS - BELQUI'S TWIST | BEAN RECIPES, RICE AND ...
DOMINICAN RICE AND RED BEANS (MORO DE HABICHUELAS ROJAS)
ONE POT DOMINICAN RICE WITH BEANS - SIRIUSLY HUNGRY
DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS - $5 DINNERS | BUDGET RECIPES, …
BELQUI’S DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS – FAMILIA KITCHEN
DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS - MORO DE HABICHUELA NEGRAS …
DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, COOKING RECIPES
HOW TO COOK DOMINICAN RICE: 30+ RECIPES, VIDEOS, GUIDE
DOMINICAN BEANS RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPE (ARROZ CONGRI) - MY DOMINICAN …
RICE AND BEANS DOMINICAN - KETO DINNER RECIPE CHICKEN
DOMINICAN STEWED BEANS WITH RICE - MEG'S EVERYDAY INDULGENCE
DOMINICAN MORO (BROWN RICE WITH BEANS) - BELQUI'S TWIST
[RECIPE + VIDEO] MORO DE HABICHUELAS (RICE WITH BEANS)
EASY DOMINICAN BEANS - CHEF ZEE COOKS
DOMINICAN-STYLE RICE AND BEANS RECIPE - DELISHABLY
DOMINICAN BEANS - PLANT-BASED DIET RECIPES - NUTRITION STUDIES
HABICHUELAS GUISADAS DOMINICANA BEST RECIPES
DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DOMINICAN BEANS FROM SCRATCH | HABICHUELAS GUISADAS - CHEF ZEE …
DOMINICAN RECIPES BEANS AND RICE | DEPORECIPE.CO
RICE AND BEANS (MORO DE HABICHUELAS) RECIPE - A SIMPLE TWEAK
DOMINICAN BEANS (HABICHUELAS GUISADAS) - SKINNYTASTE
DOMINICAN STEWED RED BEANS RECIPES
DOMINICAN COCONUT RICE AND BEANS | LESS THAN 10 INGREDIENTS!
DOMINICAN RED BEANS AND RICE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
DOMINICAN RICE & BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPES FOR GOYA RICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DOMINICAN-STYLE YELLOW RICE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
DOMINICAN PELAU RECIPE - DOMINICA GOURMET
EASY DOMINICAN RICE AND BEANS - YOUTUBE
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RICE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
DOMINICAN BEANS AND RICE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love