GARDEN SALAD - MEDITERRANEAN STYLE
- In a large bowl, mix together the romaine, vegetables, herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, wine vinegar, lemon juice and tarragon and whisk briskly to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add to the salad and toss lightly to coat.
- If desired, top with feta cheese and black olives and serve.
MIDDLE EASTERN VEGETABLE SALAD
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, parsley, mint, and basil in a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing gently to coat all the vegetables. Add the feta, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Serve the salad with the toasted pita bread.
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD
- Preheat broiler. Brush eggplant with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until brown and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine onions and potatoes on large baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place peppers on medium baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until tender and light golden, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes for peppers and about 1 hour for potatoes and onions. Transfer to large bowl. Place zucchini on medium baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp-tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to bowl with vegetables. Cut eggplant into 1-inch squares and add to vegetables in bowl.
- Combine mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually mix in remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Add basil. Add dressing to salad and mix to coat. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
- Mix radicchio, arugula and cheese into salad. Season with salt and pepper.
PERFECT GARDEN SALAD
My husband learned to make salad from his mother, so the family has been making salads this way for 50 years. We have this virtually every day. It takes a little practice, because the dressing is made "to taste". If you change type of oil or vinegar, you'll need to experiment a little learn how much to use. Our favorites are olive oil, and balsamic or rice wine vinegars. But other oils and vinegars work too. Parmesan from the can works (and it's what we use for everyday) but fresh grated is even better. Change vegetables to suit your tastes or what's in season. Play with it, and have fun - this is more of a technique than a recipe. For a photo demo, go to http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=301407
Provided by dianegrapegrower
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces and wash and dry thoroughly. Place in large salad bowl (wider than it is deep). Top with prepared vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cheese. Go lightly until you learn how much is "to taste" for you.
- Pour oil over salad, then vinegar. It is important that the oil be first. Quantity requires a bit of practice - go light on the vinegar at first. You can add more if needed. Aim to coat the top layer of vegetables. Toss until well mixed. Taste - add vinegar or oil if needed, and toss again. Do not add dry ingredients (see below). Serve immediately.
- Note: Your first couple salads may not be perfect. If you find that you didn't add enough salt or pepper, let diners add more as served - you can't get it well dispersed if you add to the salad bowl after the oil and vinegar have been added If you find that you added too much vinegar, a little salt can counteract - again, add as served.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.5, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 20.6, Carbohydrate 8.3, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3.1, Protein 2.2
EASY MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
White tuna, tomatoes and black olives spooned over crisp salad greens make the perfect salad to pair with almost any main dish.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix tuna and dressing.
- Spoon over salad greens on 2 salad plates.
- Surround with tomatoes and olives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 620 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 15 g
FAVORITE MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
Got a crowd coming over for a backyard barbecue? This crisp, big-batch Mediterranean salad recipe makes a great accompaniment to any main dish you fix on the grill. -Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 28 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a very large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 117mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEDITERRANEAN GRAIN SALAD
- In a heatproof bowl, mix bulgur with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup boiling water. Cover, and let stand until tender but slightly chewy, about 30 minutes.
- Drain bulgur in a fine-mesh sieve, pressing to remove liquid; return to bowl. Add tomatoes, parsley, shallot, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 g, Fat 16 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 13 g
MEDITERRANEAN GREEN SALAD
"This colorful, beautiful salad is a great way to use veggies from your summer garden-and always a hit with friends and family! On days when it's too hot to cook, I buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred it and add to the recipe to make it a complete meal." Angela Larson - Tomahawk, WI
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194 calories, Fat 16g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 594mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
MEDITERRANEAN MARINATED VEGETABLE SALAD
Make our Mediterranean Marinated Vegetable Salad for a big, distinct taste. Our Mediterranean Marinated Vegetable Salad includes flavorful cheese crumbles, to which we say, "Yes, please!"
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine vegetables in large bowl.
- Mix dressing, basil and garlic. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Add cheese; mix lightly. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
MEDITERRANEAN GREEK SALAD
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the cucumbers, feta cheese, olives, roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons reserved sun-dried tomato oil, and red onion. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.6 calories, Carbohydrate 9.3 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 486.4 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
More about "garden salad mediterranean style recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD - GOURMET GARDEN
Servings 4Category Salad And Dressings
- In a small bowl whisk together Gourmet Garden Basil Stir-in Paste, Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste, Gourmet Garden Parsley Stir-in Paste, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN SALAD | READY SET EAT
Cuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 12 minsCategory Lunch, SaladCalories 190 per serving
MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN SALAD - LOVE MY SALAD
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD - EAT HEALTHY THIS SUMMER WITH THIS …
GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
MEDITERRANEAN PARSLEY SALAD | SIMPLE VEGAN GREEK SALAD - MIND …
GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
25 HEALTHY & EASY MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPES - WHITE RIVER …
MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN SALAD RECIPE - LIZ'S PANTRY
MY TOP 10 MEDITERRANEAN SALADS | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
10 BEST MEDITERRANEAN GREEN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD DRESSING - THIS RECIPE IS QUICK AND EASY TO …
15 MUST MAKE MEDITERRANEAN SALADS - A CEDAR SPOON
10 BEST MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEDITERRANEAN ZUCCHINI RICE | DELICIOUS & SAVORY WITH TONS OF ...
GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MEDITERRANEAN BARLEY SALAD - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
7 MEDITERRANEAN SALAD DRESSINGS - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE CHOPPED SALAD WITH OREGANO VINAIGRETTE
3-INGREDIENT MEDITERRANEAN SALAD | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
MEDITERRANEAN SALADS AND MEZZE - TORI AVEY
GARDEN SALAD MEDITERRANEAN STYLE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
MEDITERRANEAN THREE BEAN SALAD (EASY!) - THE GARDEN GRAZER
THE GARDEN SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
BEST GREEK SALAD - EASY MEDITERRANEAN SALAD - DELICIOUS MEETS …
EVERYDAY MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPES | GLASS & VINE
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPE | THE SPANISH CUISINE
HEALTHY MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPE (COBB SALAD RECIPE
THE BEST MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPE - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
GREEN MEDITERRANEAN SALAD - MIA'S CUCINA
MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN SALAD | DEDEMED
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
EVERYDAY MEDITERRANEAN SALAD - GIMME SOME OVEN
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD | RICARDO
MEDITERRANEAN ORIGINAL SALAD . VEGETARIAN RECIPE - COOK AFTER ME
15 FRESH MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPES - ONE GREEN PLANET
MEDITERRANEAN GREEN SALAD RECIPE - HAPPY FOODS TUBE
14 VEGETABLE-FRIENDLY SIDE DISHES FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET
You'll also love