GARLIC LOVER'S POT ROAST
- Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, make 20 small evenly spaced slits about 1 1/2 inches deep all over the pot roast. Using your fingers, insert the garlic cloves as deep into the slits as possible. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch-oven, heat oil over high heat. Carefully add meat and sear on all sides until very well browned, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Add onion, carrots, celery, and 2/3 cup water. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook until roast is very tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours, turning 2 to 3 times. Add more water or wine, if desired, as needed so that there is always a little liquid in bottom of Dutch-oven. If done in the oven, the temperature should be 300 degrees, and the roast should cook for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until tender.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Slice meat and serve drizzled with pan juices.
PERFECT POT ROAST
Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Fresh rosemary and thyme add rich, herbal resonance to this hearty roast.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender.
GARLIC LOVER'S BEEF STEW
Wine gives a mellow flavor to this beef and carrot stew. We like to serve it over mashed potatoes, but you could also use noodles. -Alissa Brown, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper and flour; toss to coat., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute., Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, broth, carrots, onions, tomato paste, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, cloves and beef., Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaves. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 16g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 89mg cholesterol, Sodium 586mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GORDON'S POT ROAST
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Peel carrots and parsnips and diagonally cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Peel turnips and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Cut mushrooms into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Peel gingerroot and mince enough to measure 1/4 cup. Drain tomatoes and chop.
- Pat chuck roast dry and season with salt and pepper. In a 5-quart heavy kettle heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown roast on all sides. Transfer roast to a plate and pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from kettle. Add onion to kettle and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add Port and red wine and simmer, scraping up any brown bits on bottom of kettle, 5 minutes. Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, gingerroot, tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme, and oregano and bring mixture to a boil. Add roast, carrots, parsnips, turnips, and mushrooms and simmer, covered, turning roast over halfway through cooking time, 3 hours total, or until tender. Pot roast may be made up to this point 3 days ahead. Cool roast, uncovered, before chilling, covered, and remove any solidified fat before reheating.
- Transfer roast with tongs to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. If necessary skim fat from cooking liquid and bring cooking liquid and vegetables to a boil over moderate heat. In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and water until smooth and stir enough into sauce to thicken to desired consistency. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Cut roast crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange on a deep platter. Spoon vegetables and sauce over meat. .
GARLIC TOP SIRLOIN POT ROAST
- Rub salt, pepper and paprika into the meat. With a small knife, make slits in the roast. Press the garlic slivers into the roast.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and onions in a large slow cooker. Place meat on top of the vegetables. Pour in water and beef broth, and add bouillon cubes and bay leaf.
- Place lid on slow cooker, and cook for 6 hours on High, or 8 hours on Low. During the last half hour of cooking, add the green peppers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.7 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 90.8 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 31.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 823.5 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
GARLICKY CROCK POT BEEF ROAST
This beef roast is very good and especially good for the garlic lovers. It's also done in a crock pot so even the house will smell good all day. My family loves to eat this with mashed potatoes and warm buttered dinner rolls.
Provided by Doreen_2
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wash and rinse meat and vegetables. Cut all the vegetables in half except for the garlic. Peel the skins on the garlic and set them in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the mushroom soup, beef broth, and water. Pour this mixture in the crock pot. Season the roast with black pepper and place the roast in the crock pot. Pour the dry onion soup mix over the roast. Lay all of the garlic cloves on top of the roast and set your crock pot on low for 8 hours. After 4 hours of cooking, place the vegetables in the pot and let it continue to cook until the vegetables and meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1526.1, Fat 100.8, SaturatedFat 38.6, Cholesterol 313.5, Sodium 2270.3, Carbohydrate 58.6, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 10.6, Protein 92.7
More about "garlic lovers pot roast recipes"
FAMILY POT ROAST - LOBEL'S OF NEW YORK
POT ROAST RECIPE: OVEN BAG POT ROAST BY MICHELLE WATKINS – …
PERFECTLY SIMPLE POT ROAST - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
AUTHENTIC PAULA DEEN POT ROAST RECIPE - THEFOODXP
OVEN-BRAISED BEEF WITH TOMATOES AND GARLIC - SMITTEN KITCHEN
GARLIC LOVERS' POT ROAST AND REAL DEAL RICE PILAF
DRUNKEN GARLIC CROCK POT ROAST - PALATABLE PASTIME
ROAST WITH GRAVY | RECIPE | RECIPES, DELICIOUS POT ROAST, POT ROAST …
100 RECIPES FOR GARLIC LOVERS | ALLRECIPES
GARLIC LOVER'S ROAST BEEF - RECIPESJUST4U.COM
GARLIC LOVER'S ROAST BEEF - SKINNYTASTE
CROCK POT GARLIC TOMATO ROAST BEEF - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
POT-ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE | POT ROAST RECIPES, VEAL RECIPES, POT ROAST - PINTEREST
GARLIC LOVER'S POT ROAST - EMERILS COOKING
SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION POT ROAST - BOOYAH BUFFET
BEST POT ROAST SEASONING (SUPER EASY, TASTY HOMEMADE SPICE …
GARLIC LOVERS' POT ROAST | EMERILS.COM
BEEF LOVERS GARLIC ROAST BEEF - RIVER LEA HOUSE LLC
BEST EVER POT ROAST WITH CARROTS AND POTATOES RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE …
TENDER POT ROAST - CAFE DELITES
BEEF ROAST WITH GARLIC CLOVES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GARLIC BARBECUE POT ROAST - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
CLASSIC OVEN POT ROAST - PINCH ME, I'M EATING!
ROASTED GARLIC OVEN ROAST - THE KITCHENEER
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC: WHOLE ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
MOM’S CRAZY TENDER BAKED POT ROAST, CARROTS AND GRAVY
87 GARLIC ROAST RECIPES BY TITLE - RECIPELAND.COM
PERFECT POT ROAST - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GARLIC ROAST PORK - SIMPLY DELICIOUS! - COOKTHESTORY
RECIPE POT ROAST WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC (RECIPE AND TIPS) - COOKIE AND KATE
MICHAEL SYMON'S BRAISED POT ROAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
12 RECIPES JUST FOR GARLIC LOVERS - THE TAKEOUT
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC (PLUS A BONUS RECIPE!) | MARK'S DAILY APPLE
THE PERFECT HERB AND GARLIC BOTTOM ROUND ROAST RECIPE
SLOW COOKER COFFEE ROAST BEEF WITH GARLIC - WHOLESOME …
GARLIC BUTTER ROAST BEEF RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY ROASTED GARLIC - THE RECIPE REBEL
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE + 9 WAYS TO USE IT ~SWEET & SAVORY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best roast beef recipe with garlic?Save It Saved! Garlic Lovers Roast Beef is the best roast beef recipe, so flavorful and loaded with garlic as the name implies. Vampires beware, there’s garlic in every bite of this garlic lover’s roast beef!
What is a garlic barbecue pot roast?This Garlic Barbecue Pot Roast Recipe is a juicy, tender meat with onions, garlic, and barbecue. Author: Marina | Let the Baking Begin!
What to do with roasted garlic?Having roasted garlic on-hand is great for all kinds of recipes. Blend a few cloves into hummus, mash some into potatoes, or even spread a spoonful on toast. The perfect impressive recipe for a date night in, serve these chops with a side of mashed potatoes or rice pilaf.
What are the best recipes for garlic lovers?100 Recipes for Garlic Lovers. 1 Toasted Garlic Bread. Credit: bd.weld. View Recipe. "So delicious and easy to make — I'll never buy prepackaged frozen garlic bread!" says user ... 2 Garlic Prime Rib. 3 Buttery Garlic Green Beans. 4 Jimmbo's Garlic Knots. 5 Simple Garlic Shrimp. More items