HACKBRATEN (GERMAN MEATLOAF)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease or spray baking dish that will hold your loaf with room around the edges for veggies.
- In large bowl, gently mix Ground Meat and Breadcrumbs until combined.
- Peel and dice on 1 Onion , heat 1 Tbsp of Butter in hot skillet, add diced Onion and Parsley , sauté until Onion is golden brown.
- Beat Eggs in large shallow container; add Salt, Pepper, Rosemary and Nutmeg to Egg and mix. Pour Onion/Parsley mixture and Egg mixture over Ground Meat, knead together until uniformly mixed.
- Mold meat mixture into loaf; roll in Flour until coated on all sides.
- Lay Bacon slices in the middle of small casserole dish, set floured Loaf on top of Bacon.
- Peel and slice Carrot and second Onion, pour Broth into casserole dish; scatter sliced Carrot and Onion around Meatloaf.
- Heat 4 Tbsp Butter in warm skillet.
- Pour hot Butter over meatloaf and place dish in preheated oven.
- Bake 1 hour (or until cooked through (at least 160 degrees - no pink should be left), basting often With 5-10 minutes cook time remaining, spread Sour Cream over Meatloaf.
- Remove dish from oven, move meatloaf to serving dish.
- Stir Flour or Cornstarch into the juice remaining in pan to make sauce, return to oven to thicken or transfer mixture to a pot which can go on your stove top.
- Slice and serve while hot.
Provided by Angela Schofield
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut bread into cubes and soak in a cup of water.
- Finely cube the onions and the pickles.
- If you use fresh parsley, chop the parsley finely.
- Add the ground meat to a large bowl.
- Add the onion and pickle cubes, spices, eggs, parley, and mustard.
- Squeeze the water out off the bread and add it to the bowl.
- Mix everything well and add the meat to a casserole dish.
- Form to a loaf and bake at 350 F in a preheated oven for 45 min.
- Melt butter and brush the meatloaf every 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 grams
GERMAN MEATLOAF (2)
This is my M-I-L's recipe for "German Meatloaf". She is Polish, so I'm not sure exactly how "German" it is, LOL. Posted in reply to a message board request.
Provided by Dee514
Yield 1 Meatloaf
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a bowl, combine the meat, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper, crumbs, rosemary, nutmeg, and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf.
- Place half the raw bacon strips across bottom.
- DO NOT push bacon into the meatloaf; only"place" it on top or bottom.
- Place loaf in roasting pan.
- Top with rest of bacon strips.
- Bake uncovered 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 350°F.
- If bacon isn't crisp enough on top, return to oven at 450°F for another 5-10 minutes or so.
- Then remove from oven and drain juices into heavy glass bowl.
- Strain grease off the drippings, and save it.
- Prepare gravy (Optional).
- Gravy: Melt 4 Tablespoons butter in a small pot, and add 4 Tablespoons flour.
- Stir well to a medium colored roux.
- Quickly,add the drippings (reserved juices), and enough water"to make 3 cups"; a little at a time.
- Add a little sherry wine, some Bovril (beef cube) flavoring, salt, pepper, and milk.
- Simmer and whisk often while thickening.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2974.2, Fat 217.7, SaturatedFat 92, Cholesterol 1041.5, Sodium 5633.2, Carbohydrate 49, Fiber 4, Sugar 2.9, Protein 193.4
More about "german meatloaf 2 recipes"
LEBERKäSE., FLEISCHKäSE, GERMAN MEAT LOAF - KITCHEN …
10 BEST GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
OMA'S GERMAN MEAT RECIPES ~ FLEISCH REZEPTE
GERMAN MEATLOAF AND STUFFING FLAVORED BREAD - HAPPY …
OMA'S GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPE - FALSCHER HASE
GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPE (FALSE HARE) | TRADITIONAL …
GERMAN MEATLOAF (FALSCHER HASE) HACKBRATEN RECIPE
GERMAN MEATLOAF (FALSCHER HASE) - RECIPES FROM EUROPE
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 164 per serving
- Boil three of the eggs in a small pot for around 10 minutes. Then remove them from the pot, run them under cold water, and set them aside.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the chopped onion until it gets translucent. Remove it from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground pork, ground beef, breadcrumbs, sautéed onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and mustard. Also, add the one egg that is still raw.
GERMAN MEATLOAF - MASTERCOOK
OMA'S GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPE - FALSCHER HASE - PINTEREST
GERMAN MEATLOAF | RECIPE | GERMAN MEATLOAF, RECIPES, PORK MINCE …
RECIPE FOR GERMAN MEATLOAF - THERESCIPES.INFO
GERMAN MEATLOAF FALSCHER HASE | AMBITIOUS-KITCHEN
TRADITIONAL GERMAN MEATLOAF (HACKBRATEN) - MY DINNER
GERMAN MEATLOAF "FALSCHER HASE" (FAKE RABBIT) ⋆ MY GERMAN …
EASY GERMAN MEATLOAF
GERMAN STYLE MEATLOAF - BIGOVEN
GERMAN MEATLOAF - LIFE WITH JANET
GERMAN MEATLOAF 2 RECIPE
GERMAN MEATLOAF - SPARKLE RECIPE CO.
RECIPE: GERMAN MEATLOAF, RECIPE PETITCHEF
ZWIEBELHACKBRATEN: GERMAN ONION MEATLOAF - DIRNDL KITCHEN
GERMAN BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASY RECIPE FOR EVERY NIGHT OF …
GERMAN MEATLOAF (FALSCHER HASE) - RECIPES FROM EUROPE
GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
10 MOST POPULAR GERMAN MEAT DISHES - TASTEATLAS
GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
BAVARIAN MEATLOAF – BAYERISCHER LEBERKäSE - SASKATCHEWAN …
GERMAN MEATLOAF - ALL TASTES GERMAN - MEALIME
GERMAN MEATLOAF – HACKBRATEN - SASKATCHEWAN GERMAN COUNCIL
GERMAN MEATLOAF - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
GERMAN MEAT LOAF WITH BOILED EGG - GERMANFOODS.ORG
MEATLOAF 2 - COMPLETE RECIPES
GERMAN MEATLOAF - UPPER LAKES FOODS
GERMAN APPLESAUCE MEATLOAF
GERMAN MEATLOAF - MARISOLIO TASTING BAR
GERMAN STYLE MEATLOAF RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GERMAN MEATLOAF / LIVER CHEESE (LEBERKäSE) ⋆ MY GERMAN RECIPES
GERMAN MEATLOAF RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
GERMAN BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love