GERMAN PORK ROAST
This tender roast is my husband's favorite meal. He even asks for it on his birthday!-Camie S. Hewitt, Redmond, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, mustard and seasonings. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes, onions and tomato to the pan; bake 40-70 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 362mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
AUTHENTIC SCHWEINEBRATEN GERMAN PORK ROAST BAVARIAN STYLE
This is the famous Bavarian Pork Roast. Juicy and very very tender with a fantastic sauce. Traditionally served with potato dumplings and sauerkraut. The recipe reads very lengthy but in fact is very simple and easy to make.
Provided by sonnyu28
Yield 1 roast, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- wash and pat dry roast.
- mix all dry ingredients together and rub onto roast.
- spread a liberal amount of mustard onto roast.
- heat oil in a heavy roasting pan (enameled cast iron works well) on top of stove and brown carrots and leeks.
- push vegetables aside and brown roast from all sides in the very very hot roasting pan.
- ad onions INCLUDING the brown skins (this is VERY IMPORTANT since it will give your gravy an good color).
- ad broth and transfer everything to the oven.
- roast covered for 1 1/2 hours at 350°F.
- uncover, stir onions and veggies.
- turn roast over and roast uncovered for 1 hour (if liquid evaporates a lot, add some more occasionally.
- once roasting time has finished transfer meat to a plate to rest.
- take a basting brush, dip into the hot liquid and scrub all the sides of the roasting pan (and the lid if necessary). All the brown stains on the walls of your pan will ad flavor and color to your sauce!
- strain all the liquid through a fine meshed strainer (stainless steel will work better then the plastic ones). Press solids vigorously with a spoon to press as much liquid (as well all solids that can get pressed through) through the strainer into a sauce pan and reduce slightly on high heat.
- Slice roast into 1/2 thick slices and pour gravy liberally over everthing.
- Best served with potato dumplings and sauerkraut.
GERMAN PORK ROAST WITH ROASTED POTATOES AND ONIONS
This is a yummy way to dress up a pork loin. If you like strong, savory dishes, you will love this. This works great on pork chops or chicken breasts as well, but this is my favorite preparation.
Provided by hotdish
Yield 4 , 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place roast on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Combine 3 tablespoons oil, mustard,minced garlic, oregano,thyme,salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Rub marinade over roast.
- Toss together potatoes, onions, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper.
- Add to pan around the roast.
- Bake at 350°For 90 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove roast and allow to rest. Remove potatoes but leave as many onions as you can or prefer. Save pan drippings.
- Place pan over medium high heat.
- To pan drippings, add chicken base,1-1/2 cups water,and a pinch of salt and allow to come to a rolling boil.
- Mixed together cornstarch with remaining 1/2 cup water and pour into sauce to thicken. Serve on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 879.5, Fat 39.9, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 183.9, Sodium 248.2, Carbohydrate 56.8, Fiber 7, Sugar 4.8, Protein 71.4
BACON-WRAPPED PORK ROAST WITH POTATOES AND ONIONS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the pork with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange the parsley and sage leaves along the top of the roast.
- Lay the bacon horizontally in a roasting pan, with the strips touching. Set the pork roast in the center of the pan and fold the bacon over to wrap the roast.
- Add the potatoes and onions to the pan, to border the roast. Transfer to the oven and roast until the bacon is crisp and the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the roast to a cutting board and rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the potatoes and onions.
ROASTED PORK WITH ONIONS AND CITRUS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in lower third. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, 4 minutes. Add orange and lime juices and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, stir in oregano, and remove from heat.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels. Season generously with salt and pepper and place in a heavy-bottomed ovenproof pot (pork should fit snugly). Pour onion mixture on and around pork, leaving some on top. Roast, uncovered, 30 minutes. Remove pot from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Ladle onion and cooking juices over pork. Cook, uncovered, until cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of pork should read 155 degrees), 1 1/2 hours, basting pork with onion and juices every 30 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing. To serve, skim fat from cooking juices and spoon sauce over sliced pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 g, Fat 23 g, Protein 59 g
ROAST PORK AND POTATOES
Meet the Cook: We used to raise our own hogs. This recipe was given me by a fellow farmer who also had pork on the dinner table a couple of times a week. I'm a dietitian at the local VA hospital. Cooking, of course, is one of my top pastimes! My husband and I have four children and one grandson. -Denise Collins, Chillicothe, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in 1/2 cup water; let stand for 3 minutes. , Place roast, fat side up, on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Pour remaining water into the pan. Combine potatoes and onions; spoon around the roast. Brush vegetables and roast with seasoning mixture. , Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Baste and stir potatoes occasionally. Tent with foil if browning too fast. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 434mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
ROAST PORK LOIN AND POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk 1/4 cup oil, garlic, butter, sage and rosemary in small bowl to blend. Place pork in large roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub herb mixture over pork. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) Cover pork loosely with foil and roast 2 hours.
- Divide remaining 1/4 cup oil between 2 heavy large skillets. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Divide potatoes between skillets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until potatoes are golden but not tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer potatoes to roasting pan with pork. Toss potatoes with pan juices. Continue roasting, uncovered, until pork browns, potatoes are tender and juices are slightly reduced, about 40 minutes.
- Place pork in center of large platter. Surround with potatoes. Pour pan juices into 2-cup glass measuring cup. Spoon fat off top of juices and discard. Pour juices over pork and potatoes.
SLOW COOKER GERMAN-STYLE PORK ROAST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES
- Place the potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker; stir to coat. Season the pork roast with salt and pepper; lay atop the potatoes. Pour the sauerkraut over the roast; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Cook in slow cooker on Low 8 to 10 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.5 calories, Carbohydrate 30.5 g, Cholesterol 82.9 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 809.8 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
SCHWEINEBRATEN - GERMAN PORK ROAST RECIPE - (3.9/5)
Provided by Lsweetnell
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175C). Place about 2 - 3 tbsp. of selected oil into a frying pan and begin to heat. Slice one clove of garlic and place into oil. Saute slightly. Rub down loin with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, place into pan and lightly brown. Repeat on all sides. Slice onions into thin rings and line bottom of roasting pan with the onions, carrots, remaining garlic clove, and some apple chunks. Place browned meat onto vegetables, fatty side down. Sprinkle meat with caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Lay the garlic from fry pan over the meat - do not add oil! Place bacon slices over top. Add 1/2 cup of liquid of your choice - wine, beer, broth or water. If adding juice instead of apples, add it now. Cover with lid and place in preheated oven. Cook for about 30 minutes, turn meat over. Baste with about a 1/2 cup more of fresh liquid, as well as pan liquid. Cook for another 15 minutes, add 1/2 cup more liquid, baste, and add in 1 vegetable bouillon cube. Cook until internal temperature is at least 160 degrees - about another 15 - 20 minutes. Remove meat to plate and keep warm. Strain juices into a pan and add more liquid if necessary. Place sauce pan on stove, at about medium high heat, and add in 2 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup of water. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Reduce heat and add sour cream if desired. Mix through. Slice meat thinly, and drizzle some sauce over it. Serve.
ROASTED POTATOES AND ONIONS - EASY AND DELICIOUS
If you are sick and tired of mash potatoes, fries, chips and all the other ways potatoes are prepared but don't have the time for a complicated roasted vegetables dish than this is an easy and flavorful way to get 'er done.
Provided by curryfamily2012
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine potatoes and onion in a roasting pan; cover with canola oil and olive oil. Add garlic, onion soup mix, rosemary, and black pepper and stir until potatoes and onion are evenly coated. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to roast until potatoes and onion are browned and edges are crispy, 15 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.3 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Fat 37 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 424.2 mg, Sugar 3 g
More about "german pork roast with roasted potatoes and onions recipes"
BRATKARTOFFELN (GERMAN COTTAGE POTATOES WITH BACON) RECIPE
GERMAN ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GERMAN ROASTED POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
MEATLOAF ROASTED POTATOES AND CARROTS - THERESCIPES.INFO
GERMAN PORK ROAST RECIPE | TRADITIONAL MAIN DISH …
OVEN COOKED PORK ROAST MADE JUST LIKE OMA
GERMAN ROAST PORK SHOULDER RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PORK ROAST WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS IN OVEN RECIPES
GERMAN PORK SHOULDER ROAST | RED BARN MARKET
TRADITIONAL GERMAN SENFBRATEN (PORK ROAST WITH MUSTARD GRAVY)
FRANCONIAN PORK ROAST - ALL TASTES GERMAN
10 MOST POPULAR GERMAN PORK DISHES - TASTEATLAS
POLISH FEAST: ROASTED PORK, POTATO DUMPLINGS, SAUERKRAUT, AND RED …
ROASTED POTATOES BERLIN • AUTHENTIC GERMAN RECIPES
10 BEST GERMAN PORK SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
GERMAN PORK ROAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROAST PORK WITH POTATO DUMPLINGS - GERMANFOODS.ORG
GERMAN PORK ROAST FRANCONIAN STYLE - ALL TASTES GERMAN
CRISPY BAVARIAN PORK ROAST WITH BEER SAUCE ⋆ MY GERMAN RECIPES
GERMAN-STYLE PORK ROAST | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
GERMAN PORK ROAST WITH SAUERKRAUT | RECIPE WITH VIDEO - KITCHEN …
GERMAN PORK LOIN ROAST - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GERMAN ROAST PORK LOIN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GERMAN PORK ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
ROAST POTATO RECIPE MADE JUST LIKE OMA
PORK ROAST WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GERMAN CLASSIC PORK ROAST - GERMAN FOOD, THE WAY YOU LOVE IT!
GERMAN PORK ROAST RECIPE RECIPE
RECIPES FOR AUTHENTIC GERMAN MAIN DISHES - GERMANFOODS.ORG
ROAST PORK AND POTATOES RECIPE
GERMAN PORK ROAST WITH MUSTARD GRAVY (SENFBRATEN) RECIPE
GERMAN ROASTED POTATO SALAD | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
GERMAN STYLE PORK ROAST RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ONION PORK / ONION BEEF - ZWIEBELFLEISCH ⋆ MY GERMAN RECIPES
You'll also love