PEAR-CRANBERRY-GINGER CUTIE PIES
This recipe will be your new holiday favorite. Bring these Cutie Pies to your next holiday party and wow 'em! Festive cranberries and the freshness of fall- harvested pears make a tasty combination, and a little kick of ginger makes the flavor unique.
Provided by Food Network
Yield Makes 16 Cutie Pies
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a rack in the center of the oven. Spray the cups of a muffin pan with nonstick pan spray.
- To make the pie filling, in a large saucepan, stir the water and sugar to combine. Bring the water-sugar mixture to a boil over medium-high, and stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cranberries to the sugar mixture, and lower the heat. Simmer the cranberries for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop. Drain the cranberries and set them aside.
- Peel, core, and cut the pears into 1/2-inch cubes. 5. In a large bowl, mix together the pears, ginger, and cornstarch. Add the cranberries and stir to combine.
- To make the crust, follow the All-Butter Crust recipe and roll out the dough per the instructions.
- Cut 16 (5 1/2-inch-diameter) circles from the dough. Reroll the dough scraps to make all the circles, and avoid overhandling the dough.
- Gently but firmly press each dough circle into a muffin cup. For the crust edges, use the fold-tuck-crimp method (see page 13) for each Cutie Pie.
- Spoon the filling evenly into the Cutie Pie shells, and set aside.
- If choosing the Crumb Top option, follow the Crumb Top recipe and sprinkle it over the filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. To see if the crust bottom is golden, too, use a butter knife to pop a Cutie Pie out of a muffin cup. If the bottom is not brown, bake a few minutes longer. If the pie top is browning too quickly, cover with foil for the final few minutes.
- Crust options: all-butter (or vegan, gluten-Free) Shape options: Cutie Pie (or 9-inch Pie, 7-inch Deep-Dish Pie, Petit-5, Flipside, Piepop, Piejar) 24 Cutie Pies
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar, and mix well.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture, and mix gently with a pastry blender, a fork, or your hands. The goal is to lightly incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients. The butter pieces should be well coated with the dry mixture and somewhat flattened.
- Gradually add the water to the flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue mixing the dough until it comes together and forms pea-sized or crouton-sized crumbs. The dough should look like coarse individual pieces, not smooth and beaten together like cookie dough.
- With your hands, gather the dough crumbs together to form 2 patties, gently molding the crumb-like mixture into a patty shape and being careful not to overhandle the dough. Wrap each patty in plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days. The dough can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
- When you're ready to use the dough, let it sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes to soften it and make it workable. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each of the 2 dough patties to about a 1/4-inch thickness, lightly dusting it with flour, if needed, to prevent sticking, and making sure to roll the dough evenly.
- 1 double-crust 9-inch pie, 2 single-crust 9-inch pies, or 16 Cutie Pies, or 36 Petit-5s, 8 Piejars, 10 Flips ides, or 50 Piepops
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture, and mix thoroughly with a pastry blender, a fork, or your fingers until the texture is like small peas.
- Add the rolled oats, and mix to create a crumbly consistency.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over a pie, Cutie Pies, or Petit-5s before baking.
- Makes enough crumb topping for 1 (9-inch) Pie, 16 Cutie Pies, or 36 Petit-5s
GINGER PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Combine cranberries, diced pear, orange juice, sugar, water, candied ginger, orange zest, star anise, cinnamon stick, garam masala, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Remove cinnamon stick and star anise. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.5 calories, Carbohydrate 44.1 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 79 mg, Sugar 34.4 g
GINGER PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by erinstargirl
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a non-reactive large saucepan, combine maple syrup, vinegar, ginger, and sea salt. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add the pears, cover and cook until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Add the citrus zests, juices, and cranberries to the pot. Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until cranberries begin to pop - about 10-15 minutes. Return pear mixture to cranberries and cook for 5 minutes more. At this point you can use an immersion blender to break up the cranberries some or leave them "whole" style. For canning: Pour, while hot, into prepared hot jars, leaving ¼-inch head space. Adjust caps. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Let cool overnight before checking seals. For refrigeration: Transfer to Mason jars and let them come to room temperature before covering and refrigerating.
GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest and juice in a large pot and heat over medium heat. Cook and stir occasionally until berries pop, about 20 minutes. Let cool until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.5 calories, Carbohydrate 60.4 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 1.4 mg, Sugar 54.4 g
PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE
We don't care for regular cranberry sauce, so I usually perk it up with other fruit. This pear version is the one my family requests most often. It's sweet, tangy and a beautiful ruby-red color. Since it keeps well in the refrigerator, I often make it in advance.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring several items. , Discard cinnamon sticks. Mash sauce if desired. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PEARS AND FRESH GINGER
- Bring water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and salt to boil in medium nonreactive saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Stir in cranberries and pears; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until saucy, slightly thickened, and about two-thirds of berries have popped open, about 5 minutes. Transfer to nonreactive bowl, cool to room temperature, and serve. (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 7 days; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.)
- Combine the pears, ginger and sugar in a large pot over low heat, stirring frequently until the sugar melts and the pear juices begin to accumulate. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are soft, about 45 minutes. Pass the pear mixture through a food mill and place in a clean saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until reduced to 8 cups, about 1 hour. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 132, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 2 milligrams, Sugar 25 grams
THANKSGIVING PEAR AND GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Combine cranberries, pears, white sugar, water, brown sugar, orange juice, grated ginger, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until berries start to pop, about 5 minutes. Continue to cook until berries have broken down and sauce thickens to a jam-like consistency, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Can be served cold or reheated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115.2, Fat 0.1, Sodium 119.2, Carbohydrate 29.9, Fiber 3, Sugar 24.3, Protein 0.4
GINGERED CRANBERRY PEAR CRISP
Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp is a dessert so elegant-looking, you will be proud to serve it to guests. They will be sure to ask for the recipe. -Virginia Miracle, Menasha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in lemon juice. Add the pears, cranberries and ginger; toss to coat. Divide among six greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups., In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. , Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 98mg sodium, Carbohydrate 89g carbohydrate (58g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CRANBERRY, PEAR, AND GINGER CHUTNEY
- Combine apple cider vinegar, onion, ginger, lemon peel, orange peel, cinnamon stick pieces, crushed red pepper, and ground cloves in heavy large saucepan. Boil mixture until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Add cranberries, brown sugar, and pears; stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until pears are very tender, berries collapse, and flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat; discard cinnamon stick pieces. Using potato masher, mash mixture coarsely. Transfer chutney to bowl and cool. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.
More about "ginger pear cranberry sauce recipes"
GINGER PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE - MEG IS WELL
Ratings 1Category Sides And SnacksServings 1Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
PEAR AND GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory Condiments And Sauces, Condiment, SauceCalories 160 per serving
CRANBERRY AND PEAR SAUCE - CHEF PEPíN
GINGERED CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE WILL KICK UP YOUR …
CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY AND GINGER - JUST …
GINGER-PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE BY CAROLYN MENYES
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PEARS AND FRESH GINGER! - MY …
CRANBERRY GINGER PEAR RELISH - THE YUMMY LIFE
GINGER AND PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE - THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsServings 3Calories 75 per serving
CRANBERRY-PEAR-GINGER SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
CRANBERRY-PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY AND GINGER - THE RECIPE …
CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY AND GINGER - RECIPES & ME
CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY & GINGER
CRANBERRY-PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY AND GINGER - MY HOME AND …
BAKED PEARS & CRANBERRY-GINGER FILLING & CIDER SAUCE RECIPE
CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY AND GINGER - PESTO
CRANBERRY PEAR CONSERVE WITH GINGER RECIPE AND A CANNING SWAP
CRANBERRY-PEAR SAUCE WITH GINGER AND ROSEMARY RECIPE
CRANBERRY, PEAR, AND GINGER RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE: GINGER PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE BY CHEF …
SPICED CRANBERRY, GINGER, AND PEAR SAUCE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN …
CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY AND GINGER - KIM SCHOB
CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE - SKINNYTASTE
GINGER ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
HEALTHY THANKSGIVING RECIPE: CRANBERRY, GINGER, PEAR SAUCE
GINGER-PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE - SARACONNER.NET
GINGER AND PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY-PEAR SAUCE WITH GINGER
THANKSGIVING PREP: CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PEAR AND GINGER
CRANBERRY-PEAR SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY AND GINGER RECIPE
CRANBERRY RELISH WITH PEAR AND GINGER RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
GINGER PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE | RECIPE | CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE ...
PEAR-GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE - COOK'S COUNTRY
RECIPE: SASSY CRANBERRY SAUCE (USING PEARS, DRIED CHERRIES, RAISINS …
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PEARS AND FRESH GINGER | COOK'S …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pears and cranberries in a sauce?In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring several items.
How to make Cranberries with Ginger?Combine cranberries, diced pear, orange juice, sugar, water, candied ginger, orange zest, star anise, cinnamon stick, garam masala, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove cinnamon stick and star anise.
How do you cook pears in a saucepan?In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
How to make cranberry sauce?This gingery, pear-studded cranberry sauce is simply amazing. Combine cranberries, diced pear, orange juice, sugar, water, candied ginger, orange zest, star anise, cinnamon stick, garam masala, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.