CREAMY GRILLED CORN POLENTA
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with oil. Grill corn until charred in spots and tender, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and set aside to cool.
- Place a saucepan with 5 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of salt onto a medium heat, bring the water to boil, and slowly stir in the polenta. Reduce the heat and continue to stir for about 5 minutes until thickened and creamy. Add the butter and blend into the mixture.
- Stir in the cheese. Keep warm.
- Cut the corn off of the cob and stir it into the cooked polenta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve warm.
CREAMY POLENTA WITH ROASTED CORN AND FRESH SAGE
- Grill corn in the husks, or roast in the oven; cut kernels from cob.
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onions; reduce heat to low and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly stir in cornmeal, whisking thoroughly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking and burning. Season with salt and pepper; simmer 15 minutes more.
- When mixture is thick and the cornmeal is tender, stir in corn, sage and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a large bowl to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.6 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 18.6 mg, Fat 16.7 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 219.1 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA
- Bring 1.5 litres of water to the boil in a large saucepan. While stirring the water constantly with a wooden spoon, tip in the polenta in a steady stream. Lower the heat so the polenta isn't spluttering too much, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins. Meanwhile, line a 40 x 30cm tray with baking parchment. Stir the corn, chilli and grated cheese into the polenta with 2 tsp salt, then spoon out onto the tray. Spread to a rough rectangle, making sure the polenta is packed tightly and there are no gaps. Cover with another sheet of baking parchment and a flat baking tray, then top with some cans or jars to press and flatten the polenta while you chill it in the fridge for at least 2 hrs, or up to a day.
- Before barbecuing, mix together the avocado, cucumber, spring onions, coriander, lime and 2 tbsp oil with seasoning.
- Heat the barbecue (or a griddle pan), trim the edges off the set polenta to neaten, then slice into 12 wedges. Brush both sides of each wedge with a little of the remaining oil and barbecue or griddle for 5 mins on each side until charred and hot through. Serve a couple of wedges per person, topped with a generous spoon of the chunky green salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 62 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.54 milligram of sodium
CHARRED CORN POLENTA WITH GRILLED TOMATO VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Grilled Tomato Vinaigrette: Preheat the grill. Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the tomatoes, until the skins are blackened. Remove and chop coarsely. Place the tomatoes in a blender and add the garlic, onion, balsamic vinegar and basil and blend until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- Polenta: Butter a large shallow baking dish generously with butter, set aside. Place the chicken stock in large saucepan and bring to a boil. Slowly add the polenta, whisking constantly with a wire whisk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened and smooth. Fold in the corn, Parmesan cheese and parsley and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill. Cut the chilled polenta into 2-inch circles, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides until golden brown. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
POLENTA CAKES WITH FRESH SALSA
These polenta cakes are the perfect way to switch up your summer menu. -Jacque O'Connor, Chicago, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal. Stir in serrano pepper, garlic and pepper. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon for 12-17 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the pan. Stir in cheese., Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cool slightly; cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours., For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, asparagus, green onions, cilantro, serrano pepper, salt and pepper; set aside., Cut polenta into eight pieces. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with salsa; garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 339mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
GRILLED POLENTA ROUNDS WITH AVOCADO SALSA
I found this recipe in the Australian Woman's Day magazine. I made them as an appetiser for a dinner party and they were well received. They are quick and easy to make and can be prepared well before guests arrive. I added a whole avocado into the salsa because I love it. The only other change I would consider would be to use tomato in place of some or all of the capsicum in the salsa. I like capsicum, just not as a main ingredient! Cooking time includes the 3 hours chilling time.
Provided by Sazza
Yield 18 rounds, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan, bring stock and water to boil. Gradually add polenta, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook, stirring 5-10 minutes until polenta thickens.
- Stir in cheese and season to taste.
- Spoon the polenta mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top. Cool, then chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, transfer polenta to a board. Using a 5cm round cutter, cut into 18 rounds.
- Preheat char-grill or barbecue on high. Grease lightly with oil. Char-grill rounds for 3-4 minutes each side, until polenta is crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa, combine all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and season to taste.
- Serve polenta topped with avocado salsa.
GRILLED POLENTA BITES WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA
- Combine black beans, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Lay polenta rounds on a clean work surface and brush the tops with olive oil. Flip the rounds over and brush the other side with olive oil. Lightly season one side.
- Grill polenta rounds for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, flip them over and grill for 5 minutes longer. Top with black bean salsa just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.8 g, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 689.3 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
GRIDDLED POLENTA CAKES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, GOAT CHEESE, AND
We have created a fail-proof recipe to ensure a delicious polenta every time. This recipe is perfect year-round and serves as a filling and delicious alternative for a meat entrée. The secret to this scrumptious dish is the sauce made with Twisted Butter's Cinnamon, Honey & Brown Sugar Butter. The sweetness of this product perfectly highlights the savory flavor of the goat cheese, while complementing the grilled polenta and caramelized onions. The extra drizzle of honey at the end ties all the components together, resulting in a delectable entrée with rich flavor and texture. The only problem with this recipe: it serves eight, which means the possibility of no leftovers! http://www.twistedfoods.com/griddledpolentacakes.asp
Provided by TwistedButter
Categories Low Protein
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring the water, milk, and salt to a boil. Slowly whisk in the polenta. Turn heat to low, and continue whisking for 5 minutes or until polenta is smooth and creamy. Spread the polenta in a 9x9 baking dish, and set aside to cool.
- While the polenta is setting up, add the butter and olive oil to a heavy-bottomed skillet set to medium-low heat. Add the sliced onions and a sprinkle of kosher salt, and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, golden, and caramelized - about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into another skillet, set over medium heat. Using a 3 inch round cookie-cutter, cut out circles of the firm polenta, and place in the heated skillet. Cook until slightly browned and crusty on one side - about 2 minutes - then flip and cook the other side another two minutes.
- To assemble the polenta cakes, place on a plate and add one tablespoon of caramelized onions to each cake. Then top each with about one teaspoon of crumbled goat cheese, drizzle with honey, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.3, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 11.7, Sodium 288.8, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 4, Protein 4.9
CORNY POLENTA WITH WATERCRESS AND GORGONZOLA SALSA
Consider this delicious dish as a vegetarian main course, too.
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Bring water and salt to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually add cornmeal, whisking until smooth. Reduce heat to low. Add corn kernels and stir until polenta is very thick, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon polenta onto plates. Top with salad mixture and serve.
GRILLED POLENTA WITH CORN AND PARMESAN
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add corn; sauté until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk cornmeal and 1 cup water in medium bowl to blend. Whisk cornmeal-water mixture into boiling water; return to boil. Cook until polenta is smooth and thick, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Stir in corn mixture.
- Brush 11x7x2-inch dish with oil. Spread polenta in dish. Cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Cut polenta into 12 squares. Brush both sides with oil. Place on grill; cover grill. Grill until polenta is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side, sprinkling with cheese during last minute. Serve hot.
More about "griddled polenta with corn green salsa recipes"
GRILLED POLENTA WITH CORN AND PARMESAN RECIPE | BON …
GRILLED POLENTA AND VEGETABLES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
GRIDDLED POLENTA WEDGES WITH ROASTED VEG - OLIVE …
MEXICAN STREET CORN GRILLED POLENTA BITES - SNIXY KITCHEN
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA - BBC GOOD …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RECIPES: GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA | 5 STAR RECIPES
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA - VEGGIEVISION.TV
CHAR-GRILLED POLENTA CAKES WITH CORN SALSA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GRILLED POLENTA WITH CORN, RED ONION, AND CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE
GRILLED GREEN CHILE POLENTA WITH CITRUS SHRIMP - BEYOND MERE …
GRILLED POLENTA WITH CORN & AVOCADO SALSA
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA | RECIPE | POLENTA, …
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN AND GREEN SALSA RECIPE
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA ARCHIVES - VEGGIEVISION.TV
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA | RECIPE | POLENTA, …
LOW FODMAP RECIPE - GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH EGGPLANT SALSA
GRILLED POLENTA WITH FRESH TOMATOES AND ITALIAN SALSA VERDE RECIPE
CHARGRILLED POLENTA STRIPS WITH CORN SALSA RECIPE
RECIPETHING - GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN AND GREEN SALSA
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH ROASTED TOMATO SALSA - PLANTBASED MAGAZINE
ROASTED VEGETABLE SALSA WITH GRILLED POLENTA CAKES RECIPE
GRILLED PORK & VEGETABLES WITH FRESH CORN POLENTA RECIPE
GRIDDLED POLENTA WITH CORN & GREEN SALSA - MEXICAN RECIPES
GRILLED POLENTA CRACKERS WITH ROASTED PEPPER SALSA
GRILLED POLENTA ROUNDS WITH SALSA - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
CHAR-GRILLED POLENTA CAKES WITH CORN SALSA - 9KITCHEN
GRILLED POLENTA WITH ZUCCHINI SALSA - BROOKLYN SUPPER
BREAKFAST POLENTA WITH SALSA VERDE - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
CHARGRILLED POLENTA STRIPS WITH CORN SALSA - FOOD TO LOVE
You'll also love