GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, AND FETA
- Generously season eggplant slices with salt. Place vertically in a colander, overlapping them. Let stand 30 minutes; rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Liberally brush cut sides of eggplant with oil. Grill, turning once, until tender, about 4 minutes a side. Mix tomatoes, pine nuts, feta, red-pepper flakes, and oil; season with salt. Spoon over eggplant; top with basil.
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MARINATED FETA
- Slice 2 eggplants 1/2 inch thick; lay on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and let sit 10 minutes, then pat dry. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil with 1 grated garlic clove in a saucepan, 1 minute. Stir in 1 tablespoon each chopped oregano and parsley, 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Let cool; pour over 4 ounces crumbled feta. Brush the eggplant with olive oil; grill over medium-high heat, 5 minutes per side. Top with the feta.
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MOZZARELLA, TOMATOES, AND BASIL
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare a barbecue (or preheat a broiler). Cut the eggplants into slices about 1/2-inch thick. Spread on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil on both sides. Set aside.
- Cut mozzarella in half crosswise, then slice each half about 1/4-inch thick to create half-moon shaped pieces. Slice tomatoes in the same manner. Arrange tomatoes and mozzarella decoratively around the edge of a large serving platter.
- Place eggplant slices on barbecue (or place on baking sheet in broiler) and cook, turning once, until nicely charred on each side; the eggplant should almost caramelize. Arrange the cooked eggplant down the center of the serving platter, surrounded by the tomatoes and mozzarella. Pluck about 12 large leaves from the basil bunch, stack them, roll them up like a cigar, then slice crosswise into thin shreds (?chiffonade?). Scatter the basil shreds over the vegetables and cheese, then drizzle balsamic vinegar and more olive oil over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and let stand until eggplant is at room temperature.
ITALIAN GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BASIL AND PARSLEY (MELANZANE GRIGLIATE AL BASILICO E PREZZEMOLO)
This Italian side dish (aka 'contorno') couldn't be easier! We make this often during the summer, when we have an abundance of basil and parsley growing in our garden. Works well with zucchini, too!
Provided by Kim's Cooking Now
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush eggplant lightly with olive oil on both sides. Stir together remaining olive oil, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- Arrange eggplant slices on the preheated grill and cook, turning occasionally, until tender and browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Arrange grilled eggplant on a platter. Brush with the olive oil and garlic mixture until eggplant has absorbed the oil. Sprinkle with the chopped basil and parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.8 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 76.3 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH TOMATO AND FETA
- Blend basil with oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in blender until finely chopped. Pour into a paper-towel- or coffee-filter-lined sieve set over a bowl and let drain 20 minutes. Gather together sides of towel or filter and press gently on it to extract more oil. (You will have a generous 1/3 cup oil.) Reserve 1 tablespoon basil oil separately for serving. Scrape basil solids into a small bowl and reserve.
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see "Grilling Procedure," below.
- While grill heats, cut off bottoms of eggplants, then cut 6 (1/2-inch-thick) crosswise rounds from each, starting from cut end. Reserve remaining eggplant for another use. Cut 4 (1/3-inch-thick) rounds from large tomato and 2 center slices (1/3 inch thick) from each medium tomato, reserving remaining tomato for another use.
- Lightly brush eggplant rounds on both sides with basil oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over occasionally, lightly brushing eggplant with more basil oil occasionally if it looks dry, until eggplant is very tender, 6 to 10 minutes. (Leave gas grill on.)
- Make stacks:
- On baking pan, arrange 4 largest eggplant rounds side by side and spread each with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of reserved basil solids, then top each with 1 of 4 largest tomato rounds. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and top each with about 1 tablespoon feta. Make another layer with medium-size eggplant rounds, basil solids, medium tomato rounds, salt, pepper, and feta, then top with remaining eggplant and feta.
- Set baking pan on grill and cook stacks, with grill cover closed, until heated through and cheese on top is softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer stacks to 4 plates and drizzle plates with reserved basil oil.
- Grilling Procedure
- If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. When charcoal turns grayish white (about 15 minutes from lighting), hold your hand 5 inches above grill rack to determine heat for charcoal as follows:
- Hot: When you can hold your hand there for 1 to 2 seconds
- Medium-hot: 3 to 4 seconds
- Low: 5 to 6 seconds
- If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then, if necessary, reduce to heat specified in recipe.
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FETA RELISH
I created this impressive light side dish for my vegetarian friends. It's easy, fast and a standout recipe for company. -Amanda Dekrey, Fargo, North Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and garlic powder until combined. Stir in feta, cucumber, tomato and onion. Refrigerate, covered, until serving., Brush eggplant with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Top eggplant with feta mixture. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 499mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
GRILLED EGGPLANT AND PEPPERS WITH FETA
An easy way to make a tasty eggplant dish. Grilling the eggplant gives it a surprisingly different flavor, and it tastes great with peppers, feta cheese, and spices. I eat this as a stand-alone dish, but my husband likes to eat his on toasted potato rolls as a sandwich filling. If you eat it without a bun it's gluten-free, as well as vegetarian. It's also great topped with a fried egg!
Provided by Marcia
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place eggplant and all bell peppers into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with steak seasoning; coat well.
- Place eggplant and bell pepper slices directly on the preheated grill. Cook until eggplant is softened, marked, and slightly charred and peppers are softened and marked, 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat as necessary to prevent burning.
- Remove from grill. Arrange in 4 piles, starting with a slice of eggplant and alternating eggplant and pepper slices, including one slice of each bell pepper color in each pile. Top with feta cheese. Sprinkle with basil and oregano. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 7.2 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 869.6 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH GOAT CHEESE, TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE
A great summertime dish, this is an incredibly delicious recipe. I like to serve these eggplant stacks with grilled steak or chicken but these tasty stacks are good enough all on their own. The combination of the basil oil drizzled on the layers of eggplant with the goat cheese and tomato work so well together. You can't go wrong if you want to use feta instead of the goat cheese, I made a few with each and they are both equally delicious. If you are entertaining, these are a perfect choice to make ahead of time and than bake when you are ready to serve and they make a beautiful presentation!
Provided by Everything Tasty Ki
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the eggplant into ½" thick rounds. Lightly season them with salt on both sides and let sit on a paper towel for 30 minutes to let water to come out of the eggplant.
- Brush or drizzle olive oil on top of each slice and grill them for 2 -3 minutes each side until cooked.
- Blend the basil leaves with 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise to 1/4" thick rounds.
- On an oiled baking pan or using parchment paper, arrange 4 eggplant rounds side by side. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the basil-garlic mixture on top of each one, then generously sprinkle the cheese crumbs. Top each with tomato rings. Add another layer of eggplant, basil spread, cheese and tomato rounds and top with the rest of the crumbled feta. Make as many layers as you can. Usually, 1 large eggplant will make 4, 3 layer stacks.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are wilted and the cheese is soft and melted.
HERB-ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place eggplant and tomatoes on rimmed baking sheet; toss with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, and pepper. Roast until eggplant is tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Transfer eggplant and tomatoes to platter. Sprinkle with feta and 2 teaspoons oregano and serve.
More about "grilled eggplant with tomatoes basil and feta recipes"
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - SLENDER KITCHEN
Cuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 237 per serving
- Carefully slice the eggplant into plans or rounds that are about 1/2 inch thick. Brush with half the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Using a grill or grill pan, grill for 3-4 minutes per side until tender with grill marks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
Cuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Salad
- Place the eggplant slices on a large plate and sprinkle some salt on them. Then drizzle them with olive oil and place them on the hot grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the slices form the grill and place them on a plate.
- While the eggplant slices cool down chop the green onions, herbs, olives and slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes, olives, green onions, herbs, about a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt to the bowl and stir carefully.
GREEK BAKED EGGPLANT WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPE - THE …
4.3/5 (72)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Appetizer, EntreeCalories 247 per serving
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO AND FETA | CROWN VERITY
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO AND FETA - NEWEST RECIPES
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - EVERY LAST BITE
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, AND FETA RECIPE
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO AND FETA - VENTURISTS
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FETA CHEESE AND HERBS - DAISYBEET
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, AND FETA – NEUREZEPT
GRILLED EGGPLANT SUMMER WRAPS - LIVING THE GOURMET
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH WHIPPED FETA
GRILLED EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND FETA - LINDSEY HARDY
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO AND FETA | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
SKILLET GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MOLTEN MOZZARELLA, TOMATO & BASIL
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH TOMATO, FETA & BASIL (EATWELL RECIPE 35)
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH TOMATO, BASIL PESTO AND FETA
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO & FETA - CINDY’S GARDEN TO TABLE
HOW TO… COOK DELICIOUS GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO AND FETA
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, AND FETA RECIPE
EASY SUMMER LUNCH: GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO SAUCE, BASIL …
GRILLED EGGPLANT & TOMATO PASTA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GRILLED EGGPLANT AND TOMATOES WITH PARMESAN-BASIL CRUMBS RECIPE
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FETA AND TOMATOES
21 FOOD NETWORK GRILLED EGGPLANT RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
CHEESY GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO JAM RECIPE | KITCHN
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BASIL FETA - NOT ENOUGH CINNAMON
GRILLED EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND FETA FLATBREAD - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
SPANISH GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
GRILLED EGGPLANT - RECIPESRUN
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FONTINA, TOMATOES & BASIL - CANADIAN LIVING
GREEK BAKED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO & FETA - SCRUMMY LANE
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FETA AND TOMATO - KARLIJN'S KITCHEN
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR, FETA, AND GRILLED BAGUETTE …
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TOMATOES AND FETA – 3 POINTS | LAALOOSH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook eggplant on the grill with tomatoes?Liberally brush cut sides of eggplant with oil. Grill, turning once, until tender, about 4 minutes a side. Mix tomatoes, pine nuts, feta, red-pepper flakes, and oil; season with salt. Spoon over eggplant; top with basil.
How to cook eggplant parmesan with tomato and cheese?Turn eggplant over and brush with dressing. Top each eggplant slice with 1 tomato slice and 1 tbsp cheese. Close lid and cook until tomato and cheese soften slightly, about 1 minute. Transfer stacks to platter.
What do you put on top of eggplant paratha?Mix tomatoes, pine nuts, feta, red-pepper flakes, and oil; season with salt. Spoon over eggplant; top with basil.
What is the secret to perfectly tender eggplant?The secret to perfectly tender eggplant is salting before you cook. Here, flame-kissed slices are topped with a simple tomato salad for a satisfying vegetarian main course.