ELVIS PRESLEY'S GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH
Make and share this Elvis Presley's Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Troy A. Hakala
Yield 1 sandwich, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread.
- Mash banana and spread it on the other slice of bread.
- Put the slices together to form the sandwich.
- Melt butter (not the peanut butter) in a frying pan.
- Fry the sandwich in the pan on both sides until it's golden brown.
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter onto one side of each slice of bread. Place banana slices onto the peanut buttered side of one slice, top with the other slice and press together firmly. Fry the sandwich until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 436.5 calories, Carbohydrate 56.8 g, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 16.8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 422.3 mg, Sugar 20.6 g
GRILLED PEANUT-BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICHES
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg, milk, brown sugar, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt; set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Dividing evenly, sandwich banana pieces between slices of bread.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium. One at a time, dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture, and place in skillet. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer sandwiches to a work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut sandwiches into quarters. Dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve immediately.
ELVIS PRESLEY'S FRIED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH
- Place 2 pieces of white bread in the toaster on a light setting. Heat skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter. While the bread is toasting, in a small bowl, using a fork mash the ripe banana until it reaches a smooth consistency. Using a knife, take both pieces of the toasted bread and spread 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, topping 1 side with the mashed banana. Place 1 slice of bread on top of the other forming a sandwich. Place sandwich in hot skillet browning each side, flipping with a spatula, about 2 minutes per side. Take out of skillet, slice on a diagonal and serve on a plate.
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER, JELLY AND BANANA SANDWICH
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Butter the bread slices on 1 side with butter and place them butter side down. Spread 4 slices with peanut butter and top with the banana slices. Spread the remaining slices with jelly and put them, jelly side down, on top of the bananas. Press them gently to flatten them slightly.
- Place each sandwich on a preheated panini press and grill until the bread is toasted, about 5 minutes. Alternately, preheat a dry cast iron or non stick pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and weight it down with another pan or a clean brick wrapped in foil. Grill 5 minutes, turn the sandwich over, re-weight it, and grill for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES
These were as common in my home growing up as grilled cheese -- we ate them with warm soups for quick lunches & easy meals. I didn't realize until I moved away from home that most people have never heard of a grilled peanut butter sandwich. Made just like grilled cheese sandwiches, they are also warm and gooey and so easy to make it's almost silly!
Provided by Park Rangerette
Yield 1 sandwich, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and top it with the other slice of bread. Butter the outsides of the bread, both sides.
- Lay the sandwich on the hot skillet and let it brown until golden. Flip it over and cook the other side until it is also golden.
- Serve warm!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 618.9, Fat 48.9, SaturatedFat 20, Cholesterol 61.1, Sodium 678.6, Carbohydrate 34.7, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 6.6, Protein 16.1
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH
- Heat griddle or skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread peanut butter on unbuttered side of one slice of bread, and jelly on the other. Place one slice, buttered side down on the griddle. Top with other slice, so that peanut butter and jelly are in the middle. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, and heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.3 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 21.5 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 427.2 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
More about "grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches recipes"
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICHES RECIPE BY ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 10 minsCategory SnacksCalories 411 per serving
ELVIS PRESLEY'S FRIED PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA SANDWICH ...
GRILLED BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH | RECIPES.NET
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER NUTELLA AND BANANA SANDWICH
GRILLED BANANA PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH - NESTING LANE INDULGE
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH RECIPE - DIY JOY
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SANDWICH - LIFESTYLE OF A FOODIE
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER, JELLY AND BANANA SANDWICH RECIPE ...
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SPLIT SANDWICH RECIPE ...
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SANDWICH - MEATLOAF AND MELODRAMA
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH - THE EDGY VEG
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH WITH BANANA AND ...
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICHES RECIPE: …
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH | SANDWICH ...
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SANDWICH RECIPE - CDKITCHEN
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER, BANANA AND HONEY SANDWICH ON ...
PAULA'S FRIED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH - PAULA DEEN
ELVIS PRESLEY'S PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA-BACON SANDWICH MIGHT ...
PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH: AN EASY AIR FRYER RECIPE
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SANDWICH RECIPE | SIDECHEF
GRILLED STUFFED BANANA – ONCE AGAIN
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SPLIT SANDWICH ... RECIPE
THE ELVIS SANDWICH (GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER, BACON, AND ...
SANDWICH RECIPES : GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA ...
RECIPE INFO GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND SPICED BANANA SANDWICH
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICHES - READY SET EAT
THE BEST SANDWICH RECIPES - CULLY'S KITCHEN
BANANA PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH RECIPE (GRILLED!) | THE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a peanut butter and banana sandwich?Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread. Mash banana and spread it on the other slice of bread. Put the slices together to form the sandwich. Melt butter (not the peanut butter) in a frying pan. Fry the sandwich in the pan on both sides until it's golden brown.
What are the best grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?Mai Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich 8 of 43 Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cooking Monster Bryan Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich 9 of 43 Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Darvey Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich 10 of 43 Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Jacolyn
How many calories are in a peanut butter and banana sandwich?Place banana slices onto the peanut buttered side of one slice, top with the other slice and press together firmly. Fry the sandwich until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side. 437 calories; protein 16.8g; carbohydrates 56.8g; fat 18.7g; sodium 422.3mg.
What is a peanut-butter-bacon-banana sandwich?You can see why the peanut-butter-bacon-banana trifecta has also been utilized in “Elvis”-branded everything from pancakes to ice cream. Since it’s near impossible to butter a piece of bread on one side and smooth peanut butter on the other, there’s a simple way to make this sandwich that even uses up that delicious bacon fat.