GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD
This seafood salad, sizzled on a grill (or in a grill pan or under the broiler), delivers lightly smoky swagger and, thanks to radicchio, a welcome edge of bitterness. A substantial salad, it can be a curtain raiser or part of a buffet for summer dinner at home. It might even be carried to a picnic. But it begs to be served a bit warm.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories salads and dressings
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine shrimp, scallops, swordfish and calamari in a bowl. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Light the grill.
- When hot, use either a grill pan or eight or more thin bamboo skewers, soaked, to cook the seafood. If using a grill pan, heat the pan and brush it with a little oil before adding the shrimp, scallops, calamari and swordfish. Or thread everything but the calamari on the skewers, using 2 skewers at a time so the food will be secure. Sear the seafood, turning it to cook both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a large cutting board as it finishes cooking. Sear the calamari directly on the grill or in the grill pan, about 2 minutes per side. Add to cutting board. Sear the radicchio quarters briefly, turning once, and toast the bread on the grill. Add to the cutting board.
- Cut the shrimp in thirds, the scallops and swordfish in half, and slice the calamari thin. Pile in a bowl with the remaining olive oil, vinegar, the scallions and capers. Coarsely chop the grilled radicchio. Add to the bowl. Rub the toasted bread with the garlic, dice it and add it to the bowl. Toss, season with salt and pepper, fold in the parsley and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 372, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 555 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and parsley until well combined; set vinaigrette aside.
- Heat a grill that has a fine-mesh grill basket, or a grill pan, over medium-high heat. Place calamari, shrimp, and scallops in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons reserved vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Grill seafood in batches until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side for shrimp and calamari, and 1 minute for scallops. Slice grilled calamari bodies into rings, and place in a clean bowl with remaining grilled seafood. Add shredded radicchio and arugula, and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature on small plates or scallop shells.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 g, Cholesterol 227 g, Fat 7 g, Protein 26 g, Sodium 168 g
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH LEMONGRASS AND CHILES
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Soak shrimp (still in shells) in salt water 5 minutes, then rinse well in a colander.
- Pound all chiles with garlic to a coarse paste with a mortar and pestle and stir in fish sauce and lime juice and sugar to taste. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Snip shells of shrimp with scissors down center of back, from wide end to second-to-last tail section. Butterfly shrimp in their shells, making a deep incision along length of back where shells are cut, and devein.
- Discard tough outer leaves of lemongrass and trim root ends. Thinly slice lower 6 inches of stalks.
- Grill shrimp on their sides on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until shells are pink and slightly charred and shrimp are just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. (Alternatively, grill shrimp in a hot well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderate heat.)
- Toss shrimp (with shells still on) with chile mixture and stir in sliced lemongrass, shallots, scallions, and mint.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and tomato with cilantro or mint.
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD
- Whisk oil, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, toss together salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber slices, and walnuts in a bowl; place in the refrigerator. Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl for the dressing; set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Cook the shrimp on the preheated grill until bright pink on the outside and meat is opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Put shrimp on top of the salad greens mixture. Pour dressing over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 823.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 63.4 mg, Fat 79.2 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 1593.4 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
SUMMER GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD
I love to make main-dish salads in the summertime and serve them with some crusty bread and a nice glass of wine! This one is one of my favorites, featuring sweet and smoky grilled shrimp and a cilantro vinaigrette.
Provided by Kim's Cooking Now
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine olive oil, maple seasoning, and lemon juice in a glass bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Whisk olive oil, honey, lime juice, cilantro, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Grill until shrimp turn pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skewers and set aside.
- Place mixed greens in the bottom of a large salad bowl. Lay cucumber, corn, tomato, red onion, and avocado in sections on top of the greens. Pile the grilled shrimp in the center of the salad. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 746.3 calories, Carbohydrate 48.5 g, Cholesterol 255.4 mg, Fat 51.7 g, Fiber 11.2 g, Protein 33.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 931.8 mg, Sugar 23.7 g
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD
A Betty Crocker Diabetes Cookbook shares a recipe! Grilled shrimp, swordfish and fennel make this dinner salad special.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In tightly covered container, shake vinaigrette ingredients.
- Place shrimp and fish in shallow glass or plastic dish or heavy-duty resealable plastic food-storage bag. Add 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette; turn shrimp and fish to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate 30 minutes. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove shrimp and fish from marinade; reserve marinade and set shrimp aside. Place fish and fennel on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes. Brush fish and fennel with marinade; add shrimp. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes, turning and brushing fish, fennel and shrimp with marinade 2 or 3 times, until shrimp are pink, fish flakes easily with fork and fennel is tender. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Arrange salad greens on serving platter. Cut fish into bite-size pieces. Arrange fish, fennel, shrimp and remaining salad ingredients on greens. Serve with reserved vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 185 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 4 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
GRILLED MIXED-SEAFOOD SALAD
Whether it's dinner on the deck or supper by a cozy fire, this flavor-packed entrée is sure to please!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In small bowl, mix all vinaigrette ingredients until well blended.
- In shallow glass or plastic bowl, place fish steaks, shrimp and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette; turn fish and shrimp to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove fish and shrimp from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish and fennel over medium heat 5 minutes; brush with marinade. Add shrimp.
- Cover and grill 5 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing fish, fennel and shrimp with marinade 2 or 3 times, until shrimp are pink and firm, fish flakes easily with fork and fennel is tender. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Arrange romaine and arugula on serving platter. Cut fish into bite-size pieces. Arrange fish, shrimp, fennel and remaining ingredients on romaine mixture. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 6 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 490 mg
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD
- For the grilled shrimp: Prepare a grill for medium heat. In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic powder and a pinch each of sea salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat well. Thread the shrimp onto metal skewers.
- Lay the shrimp on the hot grill and cook until cooked through (the flesh will turn opaque) and grill marks form, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside. When cool enough to handle, pull the shrimp off the skewers.
- For the vinaigrette: Add the lemon juice, garlic and a pinch each of kosher salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk together, then slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- For the salad: Add the lettuce, avocado and tomato to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to coat well, then transfer to a serving bowl or platter, leaving any leftover vinaigrette in the bowl. Top the salad with the olives, goat cheese and shrimp. Drizzle the leftover vinaigrette in the bowl over the shrimp. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.3, Fat 26.7, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 83.2, Sodium 464.8, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 2.2, Protein 12.7
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD
Mix it up with our zesty Grilled Shrimp Salad! It's delicious as it is, but add some avocado to the top of your grilled shrimp salad for a special extra.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pour dressing and lime juice over shrimp in large nonmetal bowl; toss to coat. Add all remaining ingredients except lettuce; mix lightly. Cover.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place lettuce on serving plate; top with the shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Sodium 550 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 17 g
More about "grilled seafood salad recipes"
GREAT GRILLED SEAFOOD SALADS | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN ...
10 BEST SIDE SALAD FOR FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD - TASTE OF HOME
SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
SEAFOOD SALADS | COOKING LIGHT
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD - TLN
GRILLED OCTOPUS SALAD | SEAFOOD | THE SEVEN FISHES
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
ORZO AND GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD | RICARDO
18 GORGEOUS GRILLED SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
21 GRILLED SEAFOOD RECIPES YOU’LL MAKE FOREVER | FOOD & …
22 BRIGHT, SIMPLE SALADS WITH SEAFOOD | FOOD & WINE
15 GRILLED SEAFOOD RECIPES TO COOK ALL SUMMER LONG
TIPS FOR PREPARING A GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD | MARTHA STEWART
SPICY GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH JALAPEñO LIME VINAIGRETTE ...
RECIPE: GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP SALAD | KITCHN
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD - THE SPRUCE EATS
51 GRILLED SEAFOOD RECIPES WE LOVE | EPICURIOUS
THAI GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPE - HOUSE & HOME
35 GRILLED SHRIMP SIDE DISHES - WHAT TO SERVE WITH GRILLED ...
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE DRESSING | THE ...
SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD - AHEAD OF THYME
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD – A COUPLE COOKS
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD - RECIPES - ABC RADIO
20 GREAT GRILLED SEAFOOD RECIPES FOR SUMMER | SOUTHERN LIVING
GRILLED BBQ SHRIMP SALAD - ERIN LIVES WHOLE
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD AND A GIVEAWAY - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
GRILLED SQUID SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
GRILLED OCTOPUS SALAD | RICARDO
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD-BABY OCTOPUS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPE : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
BEST GRILLED CAESAR SALAD WITH SHRIMP RECIPES | VEGETABLES ...
SUPER FRESH GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD ...
GRILLED SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD - TODAY'S PARENT
You'll also love