GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE
- Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; set aside. Grate cut sides of tomato on coarse holes of a box grater into a medium bowl down to the skin; discard skin. Add shallot and vinegar; whisk in 1/4 cup oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside. DO AHEAD: Tomato vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Toss spring onions in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill onions until just tender, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 2" pieces.
- Grill steak until seared and cooked to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on steak's thickness. Transfer to a cutting board. Let rest, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make croutons: Brush both sides of bread slices with remaining 4 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill bread until dark golden brown and nicely charred in spots, about 2 minutes per side. Set toast aside until cool enough to handle, then break toast into roughly 1" pieces.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Toss lettuces, basil, spring onions, croutons, and some of the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add steak and toss gently to coat. Serve with remaining vinaigrette alongside.
GRILLED PEPPERCORN STEAK AND CARAMELIZED PECAN SALAD WITH CABERNET-CHERRY VINAIGRETTE
This is a summer favorite that I served in many restaurants, inspired by my 'oops, the Cabernet wine has turned again in the heat,' moments. This is usually the meal, but it may also be an appetizer salad as well. I offered it as both in my restaurants. The dressing and pecans keep for a few weeks unrefrigerated, and I often make these in bulk in advance for several meals. A simple dish, easily made by any level cook, it is a stylish, beautiful, and delectable entree salad fit for company.
Provided by Karen Barris Calabro
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, brown mustard, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, cracked pepper, and port wine in a bowl; pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add the beef, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (up to 5 days if necessary).
- Bring Cabernet wine and dried cherries to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until wine has reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume, about 20 minutes. Dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the wine mixture and pour in extra-virgin olive oil. Remove from heat and let dressing cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a sheet pan.
- Toss pecan pieces in a bowl with water, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl until thoroughly coated. Spread coated pecans into the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until the coating adheres to the nuts and pecans are fragrant and brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan and immediately transfer to a large heatproof plate to finish cooling. Be careful, candied pecans are extremely hot. Set pecans aside to cool.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for very high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove steak pieces from marinade, shake off excess marinade, and grill until steaks are seared and done to your desired degree of rareness, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a steak should read 145 degrees F (65 degrees C) for medium-well. Discard used marinade. Let steaks stand for 5 minutes after grilling before cutting into thin slices.
- To serve, mix baby greens with shaved carrot and radishes in a salad bowl and divide onto 4 large serving plates. Lay slices of beef in a spoke pattern on top of greens and sprinkle each salad generously with candied pecans. Whisk dressing and drizzle over salads, distributing a few cherries onto each salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 800.1 calories, Carbohydrate 28.4 g, Cholesterol 48.9 mg, Fat 56.1 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 996.1 mg, Sugar 15.6 g
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE
I put this together for dinner tonight, and it was so good! It was very hearty and filling, with bread and cheese as an accompaniment. Amounts are just estimated guidelines. Use a good quality Dijon mustard, ideally a strong, but not too vinegary, mustard. Prep time is an estimated time for all the chopping etc listed in the ingredients. You can prepare the vegetables, steak, and vinaigrette in advance and refrigerate until ready to use--I'd say use the same day, though, or there will be some loss in quality.
Provided by Halcyon Eve
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Brush steak with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat to a little rarer than desired doneness (around 10-15 minutes for rare). Set steak aside.
- In a pint size mason jar (or other non-reactive container with a tight lid), combine shallots and red wine vinegar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then add chives, salt & pepper to taste, and mustard. Pour in olive oil, close lid, and shake vigorously until emulsified. Taste and correct as needed.
- Cut steak into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble salad, place 2-3 cups of salad greens on each of 4 large plates. Place cucumber, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, and red onion rings on top. Divide steak among salads. Top with chopped tomato. If using potatoes, place around edge of salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad. If desired, top with blue cheese crumbles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 894.2, Fat 76.2, SaturatedFat 14.4, Cholesterol 85, Sodium 201.2, Carbohydrate 27.5, Fiber 12.3, Sugar 6.5, Protein 30.3
GRILLED-STEAK SALAD WITH WORCESTERSHIRE VINAIGRETTE
- Make dressing:
- Whisk together Worcestershire sauce, oil, thyme, and salt.
- Grill onions and steak:
- Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over moderately high heat.
- Toss onions with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cut steak into 4 pieces and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Oil grill rack, then grill steak, covered, turning over once, 6 to 10 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand while onions cook.
- Grill onions in grill basket, covered, stirring occasionally, until charred and tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Assemble salad:
- Toss arugula and onions with some of dressing. Slice steak and serve, drizzled with dressing to taste, with arugula salad.
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH POBLANO VINAIGRETTE
- Place steaks in a shallow baking dish and cover with the steak sauce, let marinate for 2 hours, turning once. Preheat grill. Remove steaks from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare . Remove and let rest. Brush onion slices and tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill on both sides until just cooked through. Place spinach in a large bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Divide the spinach among 4 large salad dishes or platters. Slice each steak into 1/2-inch thick slices and fan on top of the spinach. Garnish with grilled tomatoes and onions and drizzle with Poblano Vinaigrette.
- Mix together in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine poblanos, onion and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. While the blender is running, add the oil slowly until emulsified. Add the spinach and blend until smoooth. Add the honey and season to taste with salt and pepper.
More about "grilled steak salad with vinaigrette recipes"
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | BON ...
Servings 4-6Total Time 40 mins
- Season steak with 1 tsp. salt and pepper; set aside. Grate cut sides of tomato on coarse holes of a box grater into a medium bowl down to the skin; discard skin. Add shallot and vinegar; whisk in 1/4 cup oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside. DO AHEAD: Tomato vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Toss spring onions in a medium bowl with 1 tsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill onions until just tender, 2–3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Grill steak until seared and cooked to desired doneness, 3–5 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on steak's thickness. Transfer to a cutting board. Let rest, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make croutons: Brush both sides of bread slices with remaining 4 tsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill bread until dark golden brown and nicely charred in spots, about 2 minutes per side. Set toast aside until cool enough to handle, then break toast into roughly 1-inch pieces.
GRILLED TUNA STEAK SALAD WITH WASABI VINAIGRETTE ...
5/5 (7)Category Main CourseServings 2Total Time 20 mins
- Heat a clean grill or a grill pan or griddle over high heat. Wipe with a thin layer of oil over the surface using tongs and a paper towel dipped in olive oil. Wipe over the surface a few times until it's slick.
- Place the wasabi paste, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce into a small bowl. Whisk to combine. While whisking, slowly drizzle the olive in with a steady stream to emulsify.
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH FRENCH VINAIGRETTE
Cuisine AmericanCategory SaladServings 4Total Time 46 mins
- Trim any fat from steaks. Slice garlic clove and rub over all sides of the steaks. Brush steaks with the olive oil, then sprinkle the spice rub evenly on all sides. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together all ingredients except for the chopped fresh basil. Vinaigrette may stand at room temperature for an hour (or be refrigerated for up to one week). Add basil just before serving.
- Grill steaks for approximately 8-10 minutes per side for medium. Adjust time for your desired temperature. Remove from grill and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Slice steaks across the grain into 1/4 inch slices.
GRILLED STEAK SALAD RECIPE WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE | A ...
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 2Total Time 25 mins See details »
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
Servings 2Calories 745 per servingTotal Time 45 mins See details »
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE - DAMN DELICIOUS
5/5 (6)Category SummerServings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH CLAMATO DRESSING - FOOD MEANDERINGS
4.3/5 (3)Category Main Course, SaladCuisine North AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Season steak with salt and pepper (if desired) and grill on medium hot grill until pink inside or it reaches desired doneness (4-6 minutes on each side approximately for medium rare to medium, but will depend on your grill and thickness of steak).
BEST STEAK SALAD WITH CREAMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE | THE ...
Cuisine Norht AmericanEstimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory SaladTotal Time 20 mins
- Take the steak out of your fridge and evenly coat both sides with the salt and pepper. Add all the salad ingredients to a salad bowl.
- Heat a cast iron or heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. Drizzle the avocado oil over both sides of the steak. When the pan starts to smoke, add the steak and let it cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip the steak over and let it cook for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest.
- While the steak is resting, whisk the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Thin the dressing with up to a tablespoon of water, as needed. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
GRILLED STEAK WITH WARM SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - GRACE ...
5/5 Total Time 25 minsServings 4
- In a small saucepan, cook the shallots in the olive oil over low heat, stirring frequently, until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the shallots and oil to a blender and let cool briefly. Add the vinegar and mustard and puree until smooth. Add the parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to plates, top with the vinaigrette and serve.
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (5)Servings 4
- To prepare salad, place the beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut the steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place beef in a large bowl.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add beans. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Add beans, watercress, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and hearts of palm to beef, and toss gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing, combine red wine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH GREEN TOMATO VINAIGRETTE ...
Servings 4Total Time 50 minsCategory Food, Dish, Salad
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F). Sprinkle flank steak with 1 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread 1 tablespoon of the oil over cut sides of green tomato halves, and sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Grill tomato halves, covered and turning halfway through, until charred on both sides and slightly tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from grill; place in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Peel and discard skin from charred tomato halves; place tomato halves, vinegar, and honey in a blender or food processor. Process until tomato is finely chopped but not smooth. Pour into a medium bowl, and whisk in mustard. Add remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Grill steak, covered and turning once, until charred on both sides and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of steak registers 120°F or to desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side. Let steak rest 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
GRILLED SKIRT STEAK WITH GREEN BEAN SALAD AND CITRUS ...
5/5 Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsServings 4-6
- In a blender, combine the onion, garlic, 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of water and season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth, then pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steak, seal the bag and rub the steak with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water. In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the beans until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, then transfer the beans to the ice bath to cool. Drain well and pat dry. Halve the beans lengthwise and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients.
GRILLED STEAK AND STRAWBERRY SALAD WITH STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Trim the ribeye steak of excess fat around the edges and place in a shallow dish or plastic bag. Add the remaining steak marinade ingredients and massage to coat the steak. Allow to marinate for up to 30 minutes (don't let it sit for much longer, or the acid in the vinegar will start to "cook" the steak).
- While the steak is marinating, heat a grill over medium-high heat, prepare the salad dressing, and cook the quinoa according to package directions (unless using leftover cooked quinoa).
- For the dressing, place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth or place ingredients in a jar and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Set dressing aside.
- When the grill is hot, remove the steak from the marinade and place on the grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes per side for medium-rare (remove from the grill when a thermometer inserted into the middle of the steak reads 140 degrees). Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
STEAK SALAD (WITH HERBY DRESSING) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Salad
- While your steaks are marinating, prepare the salad. Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and process on high until smooth. If it seems a little too thick, option to add a few teaspoons of water. Set aside.
20+ GRILLED STEAK SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Author Eatingwell See details »
PLUM AND CHERRY SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
See details »
GRILLED STEAK SALAD - GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE ...
See details »
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE RECIPES
See details »
OUR GO-TO WEEKNIGHT STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE.
See details »
ASIAN STEAK SALAD WITH SPICY VINAIGRETTE RECIPES
See details »
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH WORCESTERSHIRE VINAIGRETTE RECIPES
See details »
SUMMER RECIPES - SALADS - ISLAND PROOF
See details »
STEAK SALAD WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE - THE JAZZED KITCHEN
See details »
You'll also love