HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS WITH GREEN ONIONS
Originally got the recipe from my HS foods class, but I have halved and modified it over the years. Serves four as a side (although two can eat it quite easily!) Doubles very well.
Provided by ketchupqueen
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Salt a large saucepan full of water and bring to a rapid boil. Add carrots and boil 5-7 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove garlic and discard.
- Add the honey, stirring to blend. Add carrots and salt and pepper to taste (it doesn't need much, a few shakes should do it). Stir around until carrots are coated. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes, until carrots begin to brown. (You may need to increase heat to medium-high on some stoves.)
- Pour carrots and all the "juices" into a serving bowl. Add green onions and toss.
HONEY-GLAZED BABY CARROTS
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots, cover, and steam until tender, about 15 minutes.
- While carrots are steaming, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Combine with honey and cornstarch.
- Pour glaze over cooked carrots and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.8 calories, Carbohydrate 18.2 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 149.2 mg, Sugar 14 g
- Place carrots into a large saucepan, pour in enough water to reach depth of 1 inch, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the same saucepan; stir brown sugar, salt, and white pepper into butter until brown sugar and salt have dissolved. Transfer carrots into brown sugar sauce; cook and stir until carrots are glazed with sauce, about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17.6 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 193.8 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
More about "honeyglazedcarrotswithgreenonions recipes"
BEST HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
5/5 (21)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 244 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 425F/220C. Then, cut the carrots on a diagonal, about 1"-1.5" in length. If your carrots are large and thick, you can slice them in half as well.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through. You can also broil for 2-3 minutes, to get caramelization on the edges.
BEST HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE! MAKE AHEAD …
Author Noreen's KitchenViews 115K
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - LOVE TO BE IN THE KITCHEN
4.6/5 (40)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 1
OVEN ROASTED HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - MAKE YOUR MEALS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Wash, peel and cut carrots at an angle in 3 inch long pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise 1 or 2 times to get even size pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, honey, sea salt and pepper. Place carrots in the bowl with the mixture and toss until coated.
- Spread carrots on a parchment paper baking sheet and bake at 400° F for approximately 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
BROWN BUTTER GARLIC HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - CURRY TRAIL
5/5 (7)Calories 169 per servingCategory Side Dish, Sides
- In a small stainless steel saucepan (I used skillet) melt butter. Allow butter to cook until brown with constant stirring.
- Butter will start to foam. Continue to heat it while whisking constantly. Butter will turn brown. This will take anywhere between 5 to 12 minutes depending on heat, the pan used to cook and the quality of butter.
- Once butter has browned, immediately reduce heat to low and add olive oil. I prefer to mix olive oil with butter to prevent it from burning. You can stick to using only butter and skip olive oil.
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
4.9/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 159 per serving
SIMPLE HONEY GLAZED BABY CARROTS RECIPE
Ratings 87Category Side DishAuthor Cindy DayCalories 139 per serving
GLAZED CARROTS AND GREEN ONIONS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3/5 (1)Calories 132 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
GINGER AND HONEY-ROASTED CARROTS | RICARDO
5/5 (13)Category AppetizersServings 8Total Time 40 mins
GRILLED CARROTS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE - TWO KOOKS IN THE …
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 50 per serving
ROASTED HONEY GARLIC GLAZED CARROTS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 141 per serving
LEMON-HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
WHAT TO EAT WITH PUMPERNICKEL BREAD RECIPES
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS AT ...
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - YOUTUBE
HONEY GLAZED BABY CARROTS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - GRANDBABY CAKES
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS WITH GREEN ONIONS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS WITH GREEN ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD.COM ...
HOW TO COOK HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - YOUTUBE
GOLDEN APRICOT SCONES RECIPES
EASY HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE IN 2021 | GLAZED CARROTS ...
You'll also love