EXTRA SPICY REFRIED BEANS AND LETTUCE, TOMATOES AND LIME
- Heat canned refried beans in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir chopped jalapeno, cayenne hot sauce and garlic powder into refried beans. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve. Combine lettuce and tomatoes in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the bowl and season the lettuce and tomatoes with salt. Toss to combine. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the bowl and toss lettuce and tomatoes again. Serve refried beans along side lettuce and tomatoes.
JALAPENO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS
- Drain beans; place in slow cooker.
- Add onion and crushed garlic.
- Pour in enough water to cover.
- Cook, covered, until beans are tender, about 4 hours on high and 6 hours on low.
- Drain beans, reserving liquid.
- Use a potato masher, pastry blender, or fork to work bean mixture into a thick, pulpy mass.
- Warm oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and jalapeño.
- Cook, stirring often, until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in mashed bean mixture and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add small amounts of reserved cooking liquid to thin as desired.
- Mixture should have the consistency of thick mashed potatoes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and zest.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Top with queso fresco and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.4, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 9.7, Carbohydrate 47.8, Fiber 11.6, Sugar 2.3, Protein 15.8
JALAPENO REFRIED BLACK BEANS
A zesty, flavorful version of the traditional refried beans. Jalapenos add a mild heat and the cheese adds a subtle creamy flavor. These are a big hit at potlucks and fiestas. This is easily doubled or tripled.
Provided by Annacia
Categories Black Beans
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare a large skillet by heating drippings or lard over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic, onions and jalapenos until slightly wilted.
- Sprinkle in the cumin.
- Add in about 1/2 cup of beans and mash with back of spoon or mashing utensil.
- If the mixture seems thick, add about a tablespoon of liquid from canned beans or the cooking liquid.
- Continue to add beans and mash them together, adding liquid as necessary.
- Top with shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339.2, Fat 22, SaturatedFat 10.5, Cholesterol 37.3, Sodium 337.1, Carbohydrate 21.7, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 0.8, Protein 14.5
More about "jalapeno and lime refried beans recipes"
CUBAN BLACK BEANS WITH CILANTRO AND LIME RECIPE
EASY REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
JALAPENO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Calories 283 per servingTotal Time 14 hrs 40 mins
OUR 12 BEST BLACK BEANS RECIPES! - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
WORLD BEST JALAPENO FOOD RECIPES: EXTRA SPICY REFRIED BEANS WITH ...
JALAPEñO BEAN DIP | HOMESICK TEXAN
JALAPEñO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS – WEIGHT LOSS TRANSFORMATION …
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE INFUSED WITH REAL LIMES
HONEY JALAPEñO BLACK BEANS — NOSH WITH TASH
QUICK & EASY SPICY JALAPENO REFRIED BEANS - ALL THE RIGHT BITES
JALAPENO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WORLD BEST JALAPENO FOOD RECIPES: JALAPENO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS
CHEESY JALAPENO REFRIED BEANS - FLAVORFUL EATS
JALAPENO LIME SHRIMP - FLAVORFUL EATS
SUPER NACHOS WITH REFRIED BEANS, CHEESE, AND JALAPEñOS
15 BEST RECIPES WITH REFRIED BEANS - INSANELY GOOD
REFRIED JALAPENO BLACK BEANS MADE WITH A DIY POWDERED JALAPENO …
JALAPEñO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
JALAPENO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS RECIPE | RECIPE | TASTY TACOS …
LIME INFUSED REFRIED BLACK BEANS - YOUR ALLERGY CHEFS
REFRIED BEANS RECIPE / VIEW RECIPE INGREDIENTS
JALAPENO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS RECIPE | RECIPE | SUMMER SLOW …
SPICY JALAPENO REFRIED BEANS SKILLET RECIPE | LITEHOUSE FOODS
CHILI-LIME REFRIED BEANS - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
REFRIED BEANS WITH PICKLED JALAPEñOS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
45 JALAPEñO RECIPES | MYRECIPES
SPICY JALAPENO REFRIED BEANS IN A SKILLET RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
REFRIED BEAN DIP RECIPE (STEP BY STEP VIDEO) - EASY RECIPES
EASY! REFRIED JALAPEñO BLACK BEANS - CRAVING CALIFORNIA
CILANTRO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS | BEAN RECIPES, REFRIED BEANS, …
VEGAN REFRIED BEANS RECIPE (SO EASY!) - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
RACHAEL'S SPICY VEGETARIAN REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CILANTRO AND LIME REFRIED BEANS - CLOSET COOKING
BEANS AND RICE WITH JALAPENOS - READY SET EAT
HONEYDEW, FETA, JALAPEñO AND LIME SALAD RECIPE - PUREWOW
EASY JALAPEñO LIME MARINADE (LOW CARB - IT STARTS WITH GOOD FOOD
HANOVER PINTO BEANS, REFRIED BEANS | HANOVER FOODS
JALAPEñO REFRIED BEANS - BIGOVEN.COM
#course #main-ingredient #side-dishes #beans
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I add to refried beans to make them better?I’ve made these refried beans twice, doubling the recipe both times. For the second time, I added one whole finely chopped green pepper, one finally chopped jalapeño, some extra onion, extra garlic, heaped the spoons of spices, used every bit of lime juice I could squeeze out. Excellent!
How long does it take to cook refried beans?If you prefer to cook your own beans, though, you certainly can. Cook up some onion in olive oil, add spices and beans, and your refried beans are ready in under 25 minutes. This recipe is far superior to store-bought refried beans, and it’s become a staple in my kitchen. I hope it becomes a staple in yours, too.
What is the best way to cook pinto beans for chili?2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked pinto beans In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onions and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened and are turning translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin.
What can I do with leftover refried beans?Uses for Refried Beans. Refried beans are a healthy side dish to serve along with any Mexican meal. They’re so good that I like to eat them with tortilla chips as a bean dip. You can also use these protein-rich, vegan refried beans inside tacos, enchiladas and burritos. Spread them on the inside of a quesadilla or on top of a tostada.