LAMB KEBABS WITH HERBED YOGURT
- Combine sumac, cumin, coriander, and Aleppo pepper. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup mixture, lamb, onion, garlic, cilantro, chile, and 2 tablespoons salt; thoroughly incorporate with your hands. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Herbed Yogurt:Stir parsley and dill into yogurt. Add lime zest and juice; season with salt. (Can be made-ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days.)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Working with about 1/3 cup at a time, form mixture into roughly 3-inch ovals; thread onto skewers. (You should have about 16 kebabs.) Transfer to a tray lightly coated with oil; turn kebabs to lightly coat all sides. Grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and a thermometer inserted in thickest parts reaches 140 degrees, 10 to 12 minutes. Dust with remaining spice mixture. Drizzle Herbed Yogurt with olive oil and serve with the kebabs.
HERBED LAMB KEBABS WITH YOGURT SAUCE
- Cut the lamb shoulder across the grain in thin slices with a sharp knife, flatten the slices between sheets of plastic wrap until they are 1/8 inch thick, and cut them into 1-inch-wide strips.
- In a saucepan whisk together the lemon juice, the thyme, the rosemary, the oregano, the pepper, and the salt, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the marinate until it is emulsified. Add the lamb strips, stir the mixture to coat the strips well with the marinade, and thread them onto the skewers, reserving the remaining marinade. Arrange the kebabs on the rack of a broiling pan, broil them under a preheated broiler about 3 inches from the heat, turning them once, for 6 minutes, and transfer them to a plate. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the juice from the broiler pan to the reserved marinade and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in the yogurt and salt and pepper to taste, and spoon the sauce over the kebabs.
MARINATED LAMB KEBABS
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large, non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 days.
- Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Spread the coals in one tight layer on the grill.
- Cut the lamb in 1 1/2-inch cubes. You should have about 20 cubes.
- Cut the red onion in 8 pieces and separate each piece into 3 or 4 sections. Loosely thread 3 or 4 pieces of lamb onto skewers alternately with sections of onion. Sprinkle both sides of the lamb cubes with salt and pepper. Place the skewers on the hot grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times, until the lamb is medium-rare.
MARINATED LAMB KEBABS WITH A CHILE-YOGURT SAUCE
- To prepare the kebabs, skewer the lamb pieces alternating with the onions into 6 large metal skewers. Place the kebabs in a large baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, orange zest and juice, mint, and oil. Pour the marinade over the kebabs and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- While the lamb is marinating, prepare the yogurt sauce. Whisk together the yogurt, garlic, cumin, and chile powder in a bowl. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- To grill the kebabs, oil the grill and prepare a hot fire. If you are using a gas grill, preheat on high. If you are using a charcoal grill, let the coals burn until they are covered with gray ash. The fire is hot when you can hold your hand over the grill for no longer than 5 seconds. Remove the lamb from the marinade and drain very well. Place the skewers on the grill and grill, turning once or twice, for 6 to 8 minutes for medium doneness.
- Place the skewers on a serving platter, and garnish with mint sprigs. Serve warm, with the sauce on the side.
LAMB KEBABS WITH YOGHURT SAUCE
- Mix all marinade ingredients together, place in bowl with lamb.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Grill 10-15 minutes or til cooked as desired.
- Sauce: Mix all ingredients together, serve with lamb.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.7, Fat 25.8, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 64, Sodium 67.5, Carbohydrate 3.1, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 17.2
LAMB KABOBS WITH YOGURT SAUCE
I make these whenever I find lamb stew chunks at the meat counter. I've served it to people who aren't fond of lamb but enjoyed the flavor of these kabobs.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes., Pour 1 tablespoon marinade into a small bowl. Stir in yogurt; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. Drain and discard marinade from lamb. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, mushrooms and zucchini., Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve with couscous and yogurt mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500 calories, Fat 20g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 72mg cholesterol, Sodium 572mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
HERBED LAMB KABOBS
This colorful kabob wouldn't be the same without its delicious herb marinade and tender-crisp vegetables. Together, they add delicious flavor and texture to the lamb pieces. This recipe was submitted by Janet Dingler from Cedartown, Georgia.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a shallow dish; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. , Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb and vegetables. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness(for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 28g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 591mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
SPICE-RUBBED LAMB SKEWERS WITH HERB-YOGURT SAUCE
- Slice lamb into 12 strips, each 1/2-inch thick, about 2 inches wide and 4 to 6 inches long. Place in a dish and rub with 1 tablespoon oil. Mix paprika, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt together and rub over meat. Cover and set aside for 4 hours at room temperature. Place 12 8-inch bamboo skewers in water.
- Mince garlic and herbs by hand or machine. Place in a serving bowl and add yogurt and 2 tablespoons oil. Add 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water to thin to saucelike consistency. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and add salt to taste. Refrigerate.
- About 30 minutes before serving, heat grill or broiler. Heat remaining oil in a skillet, add onion and sauté over medium heat until just starting to brown. Place in a serving dish.
- Thread meat on skewers and sear quickly on grill or broiler, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes a side for medium-rare to medium. Arrange on a platter, lightly toast cut sides of pita breads on grill or under broiler. Arrange in a basket. Serve kebabs with pita, onions and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 583, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 36 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 750 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
LAMB KEBABS WITH YOGURT-CILANTRO SAUCE
- Make the kebabs: In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook until very soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and coriander and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; let cool.
- In a small bowl, pour milk over bread and let soak 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine lamb, feta, cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, egg, cooked onion mixture, and bread mixture. Use your hands to mix gently until combined (do not overmix). Refrigerate until chilled.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions, then form each portion around a 3/4-inch-wide flat metal skewer, leaving about 1 1/2 inches at each end. Transfer kebabs to a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill for direct-heat cooking (or a grill pan over medium-high). Brush grates with oil. Grill kebabs, turning as needed, until cooked through and charred in spots, and a thermometer inserted into the center reaches 140 degrees (medium-rare), 6 to 8 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Combine yogurt, cilantro, and lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Season with salt; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cayenne before serving.
LAMB KEBABS WITH CORIANDER YOGURT SAUCE
An easy recipe that I'm sure you will enjoy! :) Happy to share! (Time does not include marinating time.)
Provided by Wildflour
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Make sauce:.
- Mix, then chill and set aside to serve with meat.
- Stir marinade ingredients together, set aside.
- Cube lamb and lay out in shallow dish/pan. Pour marinade over the lamb, and toss to coat.(Or do this in a ziplock baggie.).
- Place in fridge, and let marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain the meat, skewer, and grill for about 10 minutes, until browned, turning occasionally.
- Grill lemon wedges at the same time.
- Serve kebabs on a platter, garnished with the grilled lemons and extra rosemary sprigs and the bowl of coriander yogurt sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.4, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 34.2, Sodium 37.7, Carbohydrate 5, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 2.9, Protein 10.7
CUMIN-CHILE LAMB KEBABS WITH GARLIC YOGURT
- Make the garlic yogurt:
- Stir garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice into yogurt in a small bowl to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Make the lamb kebabs:
- Coarsely grind cumin seeds, peppercorns, caraway seeds, red pepper flakes, and sugar in spice mill or with mortar and pestle until only a few whole spices remain.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high, indirect heat (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Oil grates. Thread lamb onto 6-8 skewers, leaving a small gap between each piece of meat. Season with salt, then sprinkle generously with spice blend, pressing it onto the meat with your hands to help it adhere if needed.
- Grill lamb over direct heat, turning every minute or so, until browned and beginning to char in spots, about 4 minutes. Move to cooler side of grill and continue to grill until lamb is cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- Top garlic yogurt with cracked black pepper and a little lemon zest. Serve alongside lamb.
- Do Ahead
- Yogurt can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Spice blend can be made 1 month ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
More about "lamb kebabs with herbed yogurt recipes"
GRILLED LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB SALAD AND YOGURT SAUCE
5/5 (14)Calories 624 per servingCategory Main
- With a wet hand, mix the lamb ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Prep the salad ingredients and place them into a medium bowl. Stir the salad dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
SPICED LAMB BURGERS WITH HERBED YOGHURT RECIPE - BBC FOOD
LAMB KEBABS WITH HERBED YOGURT RECIPE | RECIPE | LAMB RECIPES, …
RECIPE: HERBED GREEK LAMB KEBABS | THE SEATTLE TIMES
LAMB SHISH KABOB RECIPE WITH YOGURT MARINADE
SPICED LAMB KEBABS WITH FRESH HERBS RECIPE - SANA JAVERI KADRI
LAMB KEBABS WITH HERBED YOGURT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HERBED LAMB KEBABS - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
LAMB KEBABS WITH MINTED YOGURT | KEBAB RECIPES - TESCO REAL FOOD
YOGURT-MARINATED LAMB KEBABS WITH LEMON BUTTER RECIPE
LAMB SHOULDER KEBAB WITH HERBED YOGURT | STARCHEFS.COM
LAMB KEBABS WITH HERBED YOGURT - MIS PASTA
YOGURT-MARINATED LAMB KEBABS WITH LEMON BUTTER - DELISH
LAMB KOFTA KEBABS WITH FRESH HERBS - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
HERBED LAMB KEBABS WITH YOGURT SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
LAMB KEBABS & HERB DIP RECIPES – G. J. HONOUR FAMILY BUTCHER
GREEK YOGURT MARINATED LAMB KEBABS - DISHES WITH DAD
YOGURT-MARINATED LAMB SKEWERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB SALAD AND YOGURT SAUCE : STRAUSS BRANDS
GRILLED LAMB KOFTA KEBABS WITH GARLIC YOGURT SAUCE
GRILLED HERB-CRUSTED LAMB KEBABS - GARLIC & ZEST
LAMB KOFTE KEBABS WITH GARLIC YOGURT | RECIPES | MOORLANDS EATER
LAMB KEBAB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GROUND LAMB KEBABS WITH GARLIC YOGURT RECIPE - EAT SMARTER
CUMIN-CHILE LAMB KEBABS WITH GARLIC YOGURT RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
LAMB KEBABS WITH MINTY YOGURT | CANADIAN GOODNESS
YOGURT-MARINATED LAMB KEBABS WITH LEMON BUTTER RECIPE
GRILLED LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB SALAD AND YOGURT SAUCE | RECIPE …
GRILLED LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB SALAD AND YOGURT SAUCE
HERBED LAMB KEBABS WITH YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
GRILLED AMERICAN LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB SALAD AND YOGURT SAUCE ...
LAMB KEBAB RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MINTED LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB YOGURT DIP - SOIL ASSOCIATION
LAMB KEBABS WITH HERBED YOGURT RECIPE | RECIPE | LAMB KEBABS, …
LAMB SHEEKH KEBAB RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
KASHMIRI LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB SAUCE | TESCO REAL FOOD
LAMB KEBABS WITH HERB SALAD & YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE
Recipe: Lamb Curry & Rice Skewers with Herb Yogurt Dip32 views-01:36
Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Herb Salad30 views-01:05
Awesome Lamb Kebabs | Jamie Oliver920K views-05:12
Chicken Kebabs with Garlic Herb Yogurt Dip | Middle Eastern Inspired | Halal Food | Trinidad Cooking2K views-10:38
Grilled Lamb Kofta with Herb-Yoghurt Dip Recipe435 views-03:06
Curried Lamb Kebabs140 views-02:03
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best lamb kebab recipe?Grilled Lamb Kebabs with a tangy Herb Salad and Dilled Yogurt Sauce- a delicious, healthy, paleo friendly recipe featuring ground lamb spiced with Middle Eastern seasonings. Soak the skewers and start the grill. With a wet hand, mix the lamb ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
How do you make lamb skewers with yogurt?In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 1 cup of yogurt with the chile powder, turmeric, garlic, cayenne and 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the lamb, toss to coat and let stand for 10 to 20 minutes. On each of 6 metal skewers, thread a piece of the lemon peel. Thread the lamb cubes onto the skewers and season with salt.
How do you make Lamb fillet with yogurt?Step 1, Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large, non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with the marinade, cover with plastic...
What is the best way to make a Greek kebab?Stir in ¼ cup of olive oil, 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary, 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt, and ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, then stir until well combined. I prefer to use a boneless leg of lamb or top round lamb for kebabs.