MANGO AND COCONUT RICE SALAD
Everybody knows now that the undisputed king of mangoes is the Indian Alphonso. It is intensely sweet and has an unbeatable perfumed aroma. I'd go as far as saying that you haven't tasted a real mango until you've tried an Alphonso (and nobody is paying me for this). The season, though, is very short-mid-April to the end of May-so try to prepare this salad then.
Provided by Yotam Ottolenghi
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Start by cooking the rice. Put the jasmine rice and butter in a small saucepan and place on a medium heat. Add a little salt, the water and half the Thai basil (keep the leaves attached to the stalk). Bring to the boil, then cover and cook on a slow simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard the basil. Spread out the rice on a flat tray to cool down.
- Cook the red rice in plenty of boiling water (as you would cook pasta but with no salt) for 20 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Drain and spread on a tray to cool down.
- Pick off the leaves of the remaining basil and chop them up roughly. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the jasmine and red rice together with all the remaining ingredients, apart from the shallots, and stir just to mix; do not stir too much or the mango pieces will disintegrate. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Transfer the salad into serving bowls and garnish with crisp-fried shallots, if you like.
MANGO-CUCUMBER RICE SALAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6-8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring until tender, 25 to 35 minutes (depending on the rice blend).
- Meanwhile, bring a separate saucepan of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the quinoa and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the grains and rinse under cold water until cool; shake off the excess water.
- Whisk the lime juice and zest, the peanut oil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the rice mixture, mango, cucumber, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro and peanuts and stir to combine. Season with salt.
ANA'S GRILLED GARLIC SHRIMP OVER COCONUT RICE WITH MANGO CUCUMBER SALAD AND GUAVA DRESSING
- Coconut Rice:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover tightly, reduce heat to very low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff rice when cooked.
- Marinated Garlic Shrimp:
- Clean and rinse shrimp in cold water. Place in a glass bowl. Add salt, pepper, vinegar, orange juice, and pressed garlic. Cover and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Drain marinade from shrimp, add chopped garlic, and arrange shrimp on skewers. Grill until cooked, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Mango Cucumber Salad with Guava Dressing:
- In a glass bowl whisk jelly, vinegar, and lemon juice. Fold in cucumber, tomato, and garlic. Add mango, pepper, and scallions to mixture. Toss gently and keep chilled until served.
COCONUT MANGO RICE
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sweet onion, ginger and garlic, if using.
- Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until grains are coated with butter.
- Shake can of coconut milk; add to rice along with water, salt and curry, if using.
- Cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir and reduce heat to low; Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel mango and slice into thin bite-size strips or chop, then place in a bowl.
- Seed and chop pepper, slice green onions in half, lengthwise, then into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces; Add to mango and stir in lime juice.
- After rice has cooked 20 minutes, stir in mango mixture.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes to warm mango.
- Serve scattered with coriander, if you wish.
- A nice way to present this dish is to lightly pack rice mixture into a small rounded bowl or cup, then turn out onto a plate and top with coriander.
- Enjoy! ;).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.5, Fat 16.6, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 5.1, Sodium 808.5, Carbohydrate 51.7, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 9.8, Protein 5.7
MANGO WITH STICKY COCONUT RICE (KAO NIAW)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; gently cook and stir rice in the hot oil until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover saucepan, and simmer until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir coconut cream into rice.
- Scoop rice into a serving bowl and top with mango.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 701.4 calories, Carbohydrate 86.1 g, Fat 38.6 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 31.1 g, Sodium 63.9 mg, Sugar 21.9 g
COCONUT-MINT AND MANGO RICE SALAD
This is a recipe from the local newspaper... it sounds wonderful! I havent had it, but just had to share it with my zaar pals.. I cant wait to try it!!! prep and cooking time does not include 2hrs for refrigeration.. or time to bring it to room temp :-) ENJOY!!! This recipe states that it is easily doubled :-)
Provided by love4culinary
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To toast your almonds, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and place nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet, and toast for approximately 10 minutes, shaking your pan periodically to rotate the nuts, until they are golden and fragrant.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine rice and broth in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then stir and cover.
- Reduce your heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 15 mins, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and allow rice to stand covered for 10 mins, and uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a nonreactive large bowl, mix coconut milk, lime juice, vinegar, ginger, chilies, mustard oil, salt and pepper.
- Add rice to this mixture, stirring to coat the rice very well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for rice to absorb flavors.
- Before serving, bring rice to room temperature, and then stir in your mango, scallions and 1/4 cup of mint.
- Taste test to see if seasonings suit you.
- if not, you may want to add more vinegar, salt, or pepper.
- Garnish with the toasted almonds and remaining 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324.5, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 4.3, Sodium 484.6, Carbohydrate 53.1, Fiber 4, Sugar 10.1, Protein 7.5
MAHI MAHI WITH COCONUT RICE AND MANGO SALSA
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, ginger, green onion, and salt in a bowl. Add the mahi mahi and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bring the rice, water, chicken bouillon, and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir, and simmer uncovered until the rice has absorbed most of the coconut milk.
- While the rice is cooking, remove the mahi mahi from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place fish in a large baking dish in a single layer. Broil in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. If the fish browns too quickly, cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the mixture begins to bubble, stir in mango cubes. Cook and stir until mango is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve by placing a mahi mahi fillet over a scoop of hot rice and top with the mango salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 807.9 calories, Carbohydrate 107 g, Cholesterol 93.8 mg, Fat 28.9 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 18.2 g, Sodium 548.6 mg, Sugar 20.6 g
More about "mango and coconut rice salad recipes"
COLD RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND COCONUT RECIPE | SAFFRON …
Cuisine IndianCategory SaladServings 4Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
- To prepare the cold rice salad, fluff up the cooked rice using a fork and add to a large bowl along with the ripe and raw mango, coconut and spinach leaves.
- In a small pan, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, chillies, curry leaves. Once the mustard seeds pop and the urad dal turns golden, remove from flame. Add the lemon juice and salt, whisk well with a fork and pour over the salad in the bowl.
- Toss the salad well. Add the coarsely crushed peanuts, mix, cover with cling film and chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- If you don't have access to ripe mangoes, use pomegranate arils instead, for colour and sweetness.
COCONUT-MANGO RICE NOODLE SALAD RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.7/5 (4)Servings 3-4
MANGO AND COCONUT RICE SALAD - FOODIE ON BOARD
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
MANGO RICE SALAD WITH GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT-RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND SHRIMP RECIPE
THE NEW VEGETARIAN | SALAD | THE GUARDIAN
MANGO AND RICE SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
BLACK RICE MANGO SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MANGO COCONUT RICE - MANGO.ORG
EASY RECIPE MANGO AND COCONUT RICE SALAD
SPICY RICE, MANGO AND COCONUT SALAD - MAYURI'S JIKONI
MANGO COCONUT SALAD - THE HUNGARY BUDDHA EATS THE WORLD
MANGO AND COCONUT RICE SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MANGO RICE SALAD BOWLS - FORKS OVER KNIVES
CURRY BLACK FORBIDDEN RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND COCONUT
COCONUT RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND SHRIMP RECIPE
MANGO-AND-COCONUT-RICE SALAD - SALADS - NEW YORK MAGAZINE
MANGO AND COCONUT RICE SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
MANGO AND COCONUT RICE SALAD | RECIPE | RICE SALAD, RICE SALAD …
20 MANGO AND COCONUT RECIPES THAT TASTE LIKE PARADISE
MANGO AND RICE SALAD RECIPES
MANGO, CHICKEN AND COCONUT RICE SALAD – MEAL PREP SALAD
MANGO CHICKEN WITH COCONUT RICE - DAMN DELICIOUS
COCONUT MANGO RICE - VEGANOSITY
COCONUT-RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND SHRIMP - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
MANGO AND RICE SUPER SALAD - ANINAS RECIPES
COLD RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND COCONUT – MY ROI LIST
COCONUT-RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND SHRIMP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
COCONUT & MANGO WILD RICE SALAD WITH STEAMED SALMON
MANGO COCONUT RICE | PAULA DEEN
MANGO RICE SALAD WITH GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES
COCONUT-RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PRAWN AND MANGO RICE SALAD | LUNCH RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
COCONUT RICE SALAD WITH GREEN MANGO AND HERBS | DONNA HAY
MANGO COCONUT SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
FORBIDDEN RICE® SALAD WITH MANGO, BOK CHOY AND COCONUT …
COCONUT RICE SALAD WITH MANGO, CUCUMBER AND SPICY BBQ TOFU
You'll also love