MERINGUE, CHOCOLATE, AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Oil 2 large baking sheets and dust with flour, knocking off excess. Trace 2 (8-inch) rounds on each baking sheet with a fingertip, using an inverted plate or a saucepan lid as a guide.
- Whisk together flour and granulated sugar in a small bowl. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt in a bowl using an electric mixer at medium-high speed until they just hold stiff peaks. Fold in sugar mixture gently but thoroughly, then fold in nuts. Divide meringue among circles, spreading to fill in circles thinly and evenly.
- Bake meringues in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes total (meringue will be soft). Loosen meringue rounds with a large metal spatula and transfer to racks to cool.
- While meringues cool, heat chocolate, water, and coffee in a small heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring until smooth. Cool to lukewarm, then spread chocolate evenly over tops of meringue rounds. Cool at room temperature until chocolate is set, about 3 hours.
- Beat cream with confectioners sugar and kirsch in a bowl with cleaned beaters until it holds stiff peaks. Arrange 1 meringue round, chocolate side up, on a cake stand or plate, then spread 1/3 cup whipped cream over it. Top with a second round and spread with 1/3 cup whipped cream. Repeat, then top with remaining meringue round. Frost top and side of torte with remaining whipped cream.
MERINGUE CRISP LAYER CAKE
A spectacular dinner party dessert to wow your guests!
Provided by freyacm
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat oven to 160C / 140C fan / Gas Mark 3. Line 2 x 9 inch loose bottomed cake tins with non-stick baking parchment.
- Whisk egg whites, using an electric hand whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar, a tbsp at a time, until glossy and thick peaks are left, when the whisks are lifted out.
- Scatter Jordans Chocolate Country Crisp evenly over the base of the two tins, then divide the meringue mixture between the two, smoothing with a spoon. Bake for one hour until crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and icing sugar together until thickened. Stir in half of the passionfruit juice. Chill until ready to assemble.
- To serve, place one meringue layer on a serving plate, held on with a blob of cream underneath. Spoon over the flavoured cream. Add second meringue layer and spoon over the papaya, kiwi and raspberries. Drizzle with remaining passionfruit juice.
CHOCOLATE AND HAZELNUT MERINGUE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-3-inch springform pan. Line bottom with parchment. Butter parchment, and sprinkle with flour; tap out excess. Set aside.
- Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast until fragrant and skins start to crack, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven; rub vigorously with a clean kitchen towel to take off skins. Let cool; roughly chop. Set aside.
- Make cake batter: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and smooth. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, vanilla, and rum, if using; beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a clean mixer bowl, combine 6 egg whites and salt; using the whisk attachment, beat on high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Stir one-third of the egg whites into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining beaten egg whites just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make meringue: Combine hazelnuts, chopped chocolate, and cornstarch in a small bowl, and set aside. Place remaining 4 egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean mixer bowl; using a clean whisk attachment, beat on high speed until frothy. With mixer running, slowly add superfine sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form, about 8 minutes. Fold in hazelnut mixture.
- Remove cake from oven. Using an offset spatula, spread meringue mixture on top of cake, and return to oven. Bake until meringue is lightly browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let stand 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen, and release sides of pan. Let cool, about 30 minutes, before slicing and serving.
GERMAN MERINGUE CAKE KIRSCH BAISER TORTE
This is one beautiful cake; 3 layers. For Zaar tour 6. Has cherries in it but you can make it with gooseberries or mandarin oranges; you know, fillings of fruit.
Provided by Dienia B.
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- MERINGUE LAYER:.
- Whip egg whites until stiff; beat in sugar gradually.
- Put in a wax paper lined springform pan.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes until browned.
- Mix all ingredients starting with egg yolks, sugar, and butter.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Put in a greased springform pan.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until done.
- CREME MIXTURE:.
- Whip whipping cream, vanilla, kirsch liqueur , and sugar until stiff.
- Fold in cherries.
- Top cake with whipped mixture.
- Cut meringue into 8 pie slices and put on top of cream; chill overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 752.3, Fat 46.7, SaturatedFat 24.4, Cholesterol 228.3, Sodium 262.4, Carbohydrate 76, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 38.6, Protein 10.2
UKRAINIAN LAVISH CHOCOLATE MERINGUE CAKE
This recipe from Western Ukraine is from Christina Nawrocky, a distinguished cook who runs a food column in the Ukrainian woman's weekly in New York. This recipe is from her mother, who left behind a beautiful, handwritten notebook of recipes, which is Christina's most prized family treasure, and which offers a perfect access to a rich and authentic regional cuisine.
Provided by Olha7397
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- The day before assembling the cake, make the meringue layers. Cut out TWO-11-inch circles from parchment or freezer paper; grease well with butter and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F Fold the rim of the baking circles slightly upward.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, and vinegar together until the whites hold a stiff peak. Add the superfine sugar, a few Tablespoons at a time, beating until the mixture is stiff and glossy. To make superfine sugar blend in the blender until it is superfine.
- Gently fill each circle with half the meringue mixture, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake until the meringues are light golden and dry, 1 hour.
- Invert the meringues onto a plate and peel off the parchment paper. Leave in a dry spot overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350°F Line the bottom a 10-inch sprinform pan with parchment or freezer paper. Lightly butter the paper and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- To make the walnut chocolate layer, in a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is pale yellow and forms a ribbon when the beaters are lifted.
- With clean, dry beaters, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold one-third of the whites into the beaten yolks, then fold in the rest, alternating with the grated chocolate and walnuts.
- Fold in the bread crumbs, coffee, and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F and bake until the cake tester comes out clean, another 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the cake cools off a little, remove the sides of the pan. Invert the cake and peel off the paper. Using a serrated knife, cut it horizontally into two layers.
- Whip the cream with the sugar, instant coffee, and rum extract until it holds stiff peaks.
- Place one of the walnut-chocolate layers, cut side up, on a cake platter and spread it with 1/2 cup of the red currant preserves and then with one-third of the coffee-flavored cream. Top with one meringue layer. Spread another one-third of the cream on the meringue layer and top with the second meringue layer. Spread the rest of the cream filling on the meringue. Spread the remaining preserves over the remaining walnut-chocolate layer. Place the walnut-chocolate layer, preserves side down, on top of the cream filling.
- You should have the following layers, starting at the bottom: walnut-chocolate, preserves, cream, meringue, cream, meringue, cream, preserves, walnut-chocolate.
- For the icing, melt the chocolate and shortening in the water in the top of a double boiler, over barely simmering water.
- Spread the top and sides of the cake with warm chocolate icing. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour before serving. Serves 12.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.1, Fat 18.4, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 168.2, Sodium 102.7, Carbohydrate 41.5, Fiber 1, Sugar 32.7, Protein 7.8
MERINGUE-CRUSTED CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides; dust with flour. Sift first 4 ingredients into small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat 1 1/3 cups sugar, butter, 3 yolks and 1 whole egg in large bowl until blended. Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions each. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using clean dry beaters, beat 3 egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff glossy peaks form, about 5 minutes. Spread 2/3 of meringue halfway up sides (not on bottom) of prepared pan. Spoon batter into meringue-lined pan; top with remaining meringue. Using tip of knife, swirl top meringue and some of chocolate batter together.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out with a few crumbs attached, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on rack. Cut around pan sides; release pan sides. Cool completely.
More about "meringue chocolate and kirsch cream layer cake recipes"
STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE MERINGUE LAYER CAKE - ILONA'S PASSION
RECIPES FOR CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
KIRSCH & MERINGUE ENTREMETS - RECIPE WITH IMAGES - MEILLEUR DU …
CAKE WITH MERINGUE LAYERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
MERINGUE CHOCOLATE AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE FOOD
ALMOND KIRSCH CAKE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CAKES | BAKE-A-TRON
MERINGUE, CHOCOLATE, AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE MERINGUE LAYER CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MERINGUE LAYER CAKE - WOMAN'S …
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE LAYER CAKE - BEYOND THE BUTTER
MERINGUE, CHOCOLATE, AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE - COPY ME THAT
MERINGUE, CHOCOLATE, AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
MERINGUE, CHOCOLATE, AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE - GLUTEN FREE …
DONNA HAYS' CHOCOLATE MERINGUE CAKE - FLOUR & SPICE
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MERINGUE, CHOCOLATE, AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE | CAKE RECIPES, …
LAYERED CHOCOLATE MERINGUE CAKE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
OPERA CAKE WITH KIRSCH CHERRIES - THE COTTAGE LOAF
MERINGUE LAYER CAKE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
SMORES CHOCOLATE MERINGUE LAYER CAKE - SWEETEST MENU
MERINGUE, CHOCOLATE, AND KIRSCH CREAM LAYER CAKE | RECIPE | HOW …
RECIPE: KIRSCH MERINGUE CAKE | DAILY MAIL ONLINE
VANILLA LAYER CAKE & SWISS MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM - CRUMBS AND …
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE CAKE | RICARDO
COFFEE MERINGUE COOKIES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST ALMOND KIRSCH CAKE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CHOCOLATE, CHERRIES AND CREAM MERINGUE LAYER CAKE | BAKE-A-TRON
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE LAYER CAKE WITH FRESH RASPBERRY AND MINT …
CLASSIC EUROPEAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE MERINGUE CAKE RECIPE
LAYERED MERINGUE TERRINE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
FRENCH MERINGUE CAKE MERVEILLEUX - BAKING LIKE A CHEF
BAKED LAYER CHOCOLATE MERINGUE SHEET CAKE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CREAM CAKE - A QUICK & EASY RECIPE - LITTLE SUGAR SNAPS
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE ICE-CREAM CAKE - CANADIAN LIVING
ALMOND KIRSCH CAKE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE LAYER CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES AND CREAM
You'll also love