MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the coffee, oil, and egg yolks into the well; beat well by hand until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Beat egg whites with the cream of tartar in a large bowl until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape. Fold the batter into the egg whites; pour into a non-stick Bundt® fluted tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Loosen the sides with a knife and release the cake onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.2 calories, Carbohydrate 44.4 g, Cholesterol 136.6 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 320.8 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICEBOX CAKE
- Combine heavy cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar, espresso, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Arrange a single layer of chocolate chip cookies in an 8-inch cake pan or springform pan, covering the bottom as much as possible. Spread 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture evenly over the cookies. Place another layer of cookies on top, lying flat and touching, followed by 1/2 of the remaining cream. Repeat with the remaining cookies and cream.
- Smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until flavors combine, 4 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.4 g, Cholesterol 60.6 mg, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 130.5 mg, Sugar 17.7 g
MOCHA CHIP ANGEL FOOD CAKE
This heavenly angel food cake is studded with mini chocolate chips and perfumed with fragrant espresso powder. The dessert feels indulgent, but fear not-this homemade version has much less fat than the store-bought kind.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together espresso powder, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water until powder dissolves.
- In a large, wide bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on medium-high until foamy, about 1 minute. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form, 4 minutes. Continue to beat, gradually adding sugar, until stiff glossy peaks form, about 2 minutes. (If using a stand mixer, gently transfer egg-white mixture to a large, wide bowl for easier folding.)
- Place cake flour and salt in a fine-mesh sieve and sift over egg-white mixture in 3 additions, gently folding with a rubber spatula after each addition. Gently fold in espresso mixture and chocolate chips. Gently spoon batter into an ungreased angel-food cake pan with a removable bottom. With a knife, cut through batter to release air bubbles, then smooth top. Bake until cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Invert pan on a baking sheet; let cake cool in pan, 1 hour. Run a thin knife around pan and tube, then unmold cake. Serve drizzled with ganache.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
Alice's Tea Cup, which is owned by the sisters Haley Fox and Lauren Fox, is known for its scones, but the chainlet of teahouses in New York also makes pastries, cakes and other treats. This recipe is an adaptation of a chocolate chip cake with mocha frosting that originated with the Fox sisters' mother. The cake has a tender crumb, and the frosting is silky and rich.
Provided by Alex Witchel
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield One 2-layer 8-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 8-inch cake pans, and line the bottoms with rounds of parchment paper cut to fit.
- Using an electric mixer or by hand, in a bowl, mix the butter and turbinado sugar until evenly blended. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix again until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk or sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add half the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mix well, then add half the milk and mix again. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients and milk. Add the chocolate chips and mix well. The batter may look curdled.
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing cakes from pans to a rack to cool completely. If the cakes are domed, use a long, serrated knife to level the tops.
- Make the frosting: Using an electric mixer or by hand, mix the confectioners' sugar with the butter, salt and vanilla, until well blended. In a small bowl, mix the espresso powder with the boiling water to dissolve; add it to the frosting, blending well.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter and spread about one-third of the frosting over the top in an even layer. Top with the second cake layer and use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread frosting over top and, optionally, sides of the cake. Decorate with the chocolate chips.
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- For the cake: Dissolve coffee powder in hot water, cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stir until well mixed.
- Make a well in center, add oil, egg yolks, vanilla and cooled coffee.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- Pour batter over egg whites, fold in carefully, adding grated chocolate towards the end.
- Spoon batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn pan upside down and let cake hang until cool.
- Remove from pan.
- Frost with cocoa whipped cream.
- For the whipped cream: In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla, stir to blend ingredients, but do not beat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Whip until soft peaks form.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE
- Position oven rack 1/3 up from the bottom of the oven; preheat oven t 325°.
- You will need a 10 x 4 inch tube pan; it must NOT be a nonstick pan and it must be the kind made in two pieces-the bottom and tube in one piece and the sides in a separatepiece; do NOT butter the pan.
- On a board, with a heavy knife, cut the chocolate into small pieces; aim for pieces ¼ inch in diameter; do not leave any pieces larger than ¼ inch, because this is a very light cake and larger pieces might sink to the bottom; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, 1 ¼ cup sugar, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt.
- With a rubber spatula make a wide well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add, in the following order, without mixing, the oil, egg yolks, Kahula, water, and vanilla.
- With a large strong wire whisk, beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the whisk and with a rubber spatula stir/fold in the chopped chocolate; set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the whites until foamy, add the cream of tartar, and beat at high speed until the whites hold a soft shape.
- Decrease speed to medium and gradually add the remaining ½ cup sugar.
- Then, on high speed again, beat until the whites hold a straight and stiff peak when the beaters are withdrawn.
- For the recipe the whites should be stiffer than for most; when the whites are firm, beat for 1 minute more to be sure.
- That should make them just right; more beating than that might make them too dry.
- Use a large-size rubber spatula-in three additions, fold about ¾ of the yolk mixture into the whites, without being too thorough (without being even a bit thorough).
- Then fold the whites into the remaining yolk mixture, this time being thorough enough to just barely incorporate the mixtures.
- Gently pour the batter into the cake pan and gently smooth the top if necessary.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, until the top springs back when pressed gently with a fingertip; the top will crack during baking-it is ok.
- Immediately turn the pan over and hang it upside down over the neck of a narrow bottle (even if your pan has a raised tube in the middle or three little feet on the sides, they probably will not raise the cake enough to keep it off the counter top).
- When the cake is completely cool, remove it from the pan as follows-you will need a sharp knife with a firm blade about 6 inches long; insert knife between the cake and the rim in order not to cut into the cake.
- With short up and down motions, saw all around the cake, continuing to press the blade against the side of the pan; then cut around the tube.
- Remove the sides of the pan by pushing up on the bottom of the pan; then, carefully cut the bottom of the cake away from the pan, still pressing against the pan.
- Cover the cake with a wide, flat cake plate, turn the cake and plate over, and lift off the bottom of the pan, leaving the cake upside down.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar through a fine strainer.
- Use a serrated knife and a sawing motion to slice the cake without squashing it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.6, Fat 15.9, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 123.4, Sodium 231.8, Carbohydrate 51.7, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 33.3, Protein 6.8
MOCHA CHIP BUNDT CAKE
A mother of four from Haines City, Florida, Debbie Jeznach writes, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make moist cake. It always goes over big at our FFA banquets."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Beat in the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. , Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. , In a saucepan, heat cream to simmering. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 447 calories, Fat 26g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 330mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
MOCHA CHIP CHEESECAKE
Two favorite flavors-coffee and chocolate-combine in this treat from Renee Gastineau of crust Seattle, Washington. "The chocolate crumb crust and sprinkling of mini chips contrast nicely with the creamy coffee filling," she writes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. , In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour and beat well. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. , In a small bowl, combine cream and coffee granules; let stand for 1 minute. Add to cream cheese mixture with vanilla; beat just until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. , Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. , Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 18g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 104mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "mocha chip chiffon cake recipes"
MOCHA HAZELNUT CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - CHOCOLATE …
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - WOMAN'S DAY
MOCHA CHIP ICE CREAM CAKE DESSERT RECIPE - PERFECT …
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE • COLOR YOUR RECIPES
DELTA MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE ~ 摩卡戚风蛋糕 - NO-FRILLS RECIPES
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE FILIPINO STYLE | SHADOWDANCER …
HAZELNUT MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE | WILTON
MANITOBA EGG FARMERS - MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
CHIFFON CAKE WITH MOCHA ICING - WOMANSCRIBBLES.NET
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE - BAKING WITH MOM
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MOCHA DREAM CAKE | TOLL HOUSE® - BAKING AND SAVORY RECIPES
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE | TASTINGSPOONS
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE | CHIFFON CAKE, BAKING SWEETS, BAKING
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE WITH COSTING / WITH MOCHA …
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE (WITH ESPRESSO CREAM CHEESE FROSTING)
MOCHI CAKE RECIPE: THE FLUFFIEST MOCHI CHIFFON CAKE | BYFOOD
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - MAY YOU COOK IT!
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CALLING ALL COFFEE LOVERS! THIS MOCHA CHIP CAKE IS FOR YOU!
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, CHIFFON CAKE, DESSERT …
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A LIGHT AND AIRY …
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE | FOOD TO LOVE
MOCHA-NUT CHIFFON CAKE | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
MOCHA CONFETTI CAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY MOCHA CHIP ICE-CREAM CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WHOLE-WHEAT MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - BAKE THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD
CHOCOLATE MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - COOKEATSHARE
FOR THIS MOCHA ICEBOX CAKE, YOU’RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER COOKIE
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - ALING ODAYS KITCHEN PINOY RECIPES
You'll also love