My mom is a terrific cook. I always looked forward to big family dinners, not just for seeing relatives but because I knew she would be making the best cheesecake ever. Her "trick" was using whipped cream cheese instead of regular, in defiance of the package instructions-which expressly say not to use whipped for cheesecake. She thought it would make a light, creamy cheesecake, and she was right. Somehow I was even allowed to eat leftover cheesecake for breakfast! -Robert Bleifer, Executive Chef
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- For the crust: Melt the butter in a covered microwave-safe medium bowl in the microwave. Brush a 10-inch springform pan with some of the butter. Stir together the remaining butter with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the side of the pan, taking care to get the crust evenly into the edge. Bake until browned, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool. Wrap the bottom of the pan and up the side with foil, and put the pan on a baking sheet.
- For the filling: Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sour cream, and mix until just combined. Add the heavy cream, and mix until just combined. Beat in the eggs one at time. Beat in the vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest if using until just combined. (Do not overmix, or the cake will turn into a souffle!)
- Pour the filling into the crust. Bake until the cake is slightly golden and barely set in the middle, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn off the oven, and leave the cake inside with the door shut for 1 hour. It will continue to set and color slightly in the oven.
- Run a thin knife or spatula between the cake and the pan to prevent the cake from cracking as it chills. (Mom's cheesecake usually cracked, since she didn't do this.) Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and melted margarine. Mix all ingredients well and press into bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Blend in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and salt. Fold in the sour cream.
- Pour batter into springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave cake in for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491 calories, Carbohydrate 39.6 g, Cholesterol 140.5 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 18.6 g, Sodium 358.4 mg, Sugar 31.8 g
Cheesecake frosted and topped with flaky coconut and crunchy pecans? This rich southern cheesecake is one to remember!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease springform pan, 9x3 inches. Coat bottom and side of pan with graham cracker crumbs.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar, the flour and cream of tartar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in sour cream, whipping cream and lemon peel on low speed. Stir in lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl on high speed until stiff; gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture. Beat 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Bake 60 to 75 minutes longer or until set. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate uncovered about 4 hours or until chilled.
- Place frosting in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 15 to 30 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle frosting over cheesecake; top with pecans and coconut. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 170 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 240 mg
BASIC CREAM CHEESE PIE (MOM'S CHEESECAKE)
This is a simple version of cheesecake, using a store bought graham cracker crust. You can dress it up if you wish, by topping it with a little fruit or pie filling.
Provided by Recipe Reader
Yield 1 pie, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine in blender: egg, sugar, sour cream, vanilla. Blend.
- While still blending, add cream cheese pieces and pour in the melted butter.
- Pour into crust and bake for 30 minutes.
MOM'S CHEESECAKE COOKIE BARS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, walnuts, butter, and brown sugar together in a bowl. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with half the crust mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes. Remove crust and leave oven on.
- Mix cream cheese and white sugar together in another bowl using an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla extract; mix until blended. Pour on top of the baked crust. Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture.
- Bake in the hot oven until set, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.7 calories, Carbohydrate 26.3 g, Cholesterol 74.7 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 11.7 g, Sodium 149.9 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
MY MOM'S FLUFFY CHEESECAKE
- For the Graham Crust. mix flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. When fine and crumbly press into a 9 x 12 glass pan. Cook approx 25-30 minutes until tan/brown at 350 degrees.
- Let it cool, then crumble up and re-press into the pan. This is really fun to do with your hands, it's like playing in the sand!
- Juice the lemon and limes. Should make at least 1/2 cup.
- Cream together, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add sour cream, lemon/lime juice, egg yolks, salt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs white until fluffy and fold in to the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pan with the graham crust and bake at 375 approx 45 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let it cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.2, Fat 21.2, SaturatedFat 12, Cholesterol 101.5, Sodium 385.2, Carbohydrate 23.6, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 15.9, Protein 4.9
MONTANA'S MOM'S DYNAMITE CHEESECAKE
- Crust: Mush up crust ingredients with fingers and press firmly into bottom of spring-form pan. Filling: Blend filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour on top of crust and bake for 25 mins or until set at 375F (190 C) Topping: Blend topping ingredients. Pour on top of cooled filling and bake at 375F/190C for 5-8 mins. Cheesecake must set in refrigerator of AT LEAST 12 hours before it will be firm enough to slice well. If you get impatient and cut before it is completely set, the top will be runny.
More about "moms cheesecake recipes"
SOUR CREAM TOPPED CHEESECAKE (9X13) - COOKING WITH …
MONTANA MOM'S DYNAMITE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE | MOMS WHO THINK
MOM'S EASY CHERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
MOM'S FAMOUS CHEESECAKE - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 634 per serving
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar until moist. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 or 10-inch springform pan. Place pan in freezer.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and lemon juice in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add eggs and egg whites gradually while mixing. Pour in heavy cream and mix until creamy, scraping down sides once.
- Pour into chilled crust. (To prevent cracking, wrap foil around bottom and sides of pan and place in a baking dish; fill baking dish part way with boiling hot water.)
MOM'S CHEESECAKE - CUISINART.COM
THE BEST OREO CHEESECAKE RECIPE! | MOM ON TIMEOUT
MOM'S CHEESECAKE - CHEF IMPERSONATORCHEF IMPERSONATOR
MOM’S CHEESECAKE – RECIPES NETWORK
MOM’S CHEESECAKE | CHERS RECIPES
MOM'S CHEESECAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
MOM'S CHEESECAKE RECIPE | COOKTHISMEAL.COM
THE BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPE | A MIND "FULL" MOM
CHEESECAKE - MOM'S BAKING CO.
MOM'S NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
MOM'S CHEESECAKE RECIPE | MAGNOLIA DAYS
25 FRESH AND SUMMERY CHEESECAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
MOM'S FAMOUS CHEESECAKE
BEST EVER MINI CHEESECAKES - VIDEO POST - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
MJ'S MOM'S CHEESECAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHEESECAKE RECIPE - COOLWEBCITY.COM
MOM'S (NEW YORK) CHEESECAKE - TASTE COOK SIP
MOM’S CHEESECAKE RECIPE – COUNTRY FARM AND PETS
NO BAKE APPLE CHEESECAKE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CHEESECAKE RECIPES - MOMS WHO THINK
PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE JELLO RECIPES - RECIPESCLUB.NET
EGGLESS CHEESECAKE RECIPES - JEWISH MOMS & CRAFTERS
MOM'S CHEESECAKE | RECIPESTY
ULTIMATE EASY BAKED HOMEMADE CHEESECAKE - KITCHEN DIVAS
45 MOM-APPROVED CHEESECAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM - SCATTERED THOUGHTS OF A CRAFTY …
37 MOM'S CHEESECAKE RECIPES IDEAS | MAKANAN, RESEP, KUE
MOM’S CHEESECAKE RECIPE - NO BAKE | CHEESECAKE RECIPES, DESSET, …
MOM'S BEST CHEESECAKE - VANILLAQUEEN
You'll also love