SCALLOPS WITH CITRUS GINGER SAUCE
Scallops that are easy, fresh, pan seared, perfectly golden and topped with a sweet and tangy citrus ginger sauce. Watch the video above to see how quickly they come together!
Provided by Lisa Bryan
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pat your scallops dry with a paper towel and sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. When the oil is nearly smoking, place your scallops in the pan and sear for approximately one and a half to two minutes on each side. Remove scallops to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the orange and lemon juice, orange zest, grated ginger and butter to the pan. Whisk the sauce together in the pan until it's simmering, then add the scallops back to the pan and spoon the sauce on top.
- Plate your scallops, drizzle more sauce on top and garnish with thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Sodium 718 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER SAUCE
Found this one in the Dallas Morning News and wanted to save. It is low in fat and calories so it fits in with the AHA suggestion of at least two fish meals a week. We try to do 3 so I am always looking for new recipes to incorporate.
Provided by TXOLDHAM
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine carrot, shallot, ginger, garlic, wine and broth in a medium sauce pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Strain; discard vegetables and reserve liquid.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet that has ben sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place scallops in single layer in pan. Cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn scallops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook about 2 minutes until second side is lightly golden.
- Reduce heat to low and pour reserved liquid over the scallops. Simmer 1 minute or until scallops are done, stirring any browned particles into sauce and spooning sauce over scallops.
- To serve, arrange scallops on deep platter and spoon sauce over them. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.5, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 27.3, Sodium 715.1, Carbohydrate 6.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.9, Protein 15.3
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER-THYME PAN SAUCE
I saw this Ming Tai scallop recipe prepared on the Today show and I just had to try it. The pan seared scallops were definitely flavorful. These scallops were prepared for a dinner with great results.
Provided by CarolAT
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Have a saute pan over medium-hihg heat coated lightly with oil. Season the scallops and sear about 3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- In same pan, add 1 teaspoon butter and sweat the shallots, ginger and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and add thyme and stock. Simmer and reduce by half.
- Whisk in butter, check for seasoning and adjust. Plate the scallops and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.9, Fat 6.9, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 27, Sodium 196.6, Carbohydrate 8.8, Fiber 1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 7.3
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH SESAME SAUCE AND CELLOPHANE NOODLES
- Soak cellophane noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, until tender. Strain and set aside.
- While the noodles are soaking, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and season the tops with black pepper. Cook 2 minutes, until golden brown. Flip with spatula and cook 2 more minutes, until second side is golden brown. Add soy sauce mixture to pan and bring to a simmer, for 2 minutes, until sauce thickens and scallops are cooked through and have an opaque color.
- Serve half of the scallops over all of the cellophane noodles and top with scallions. Reserve remaining scallops for salad, if desired.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER SAUCE
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Add 12 scallops to skillet and sear until brown, about 1 minute per side; transfer to bowl. Sear remaining 12 scallops; transfer to same bowl. Add ginger and garlic to skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and vinegar and boil 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits. Add cream and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 3 minutes. Return scallops and any collected juices to skillet. Simmer until scallops are just opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Mix in cilantro and green onion.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PAN SAUCE
- Cut 2 tablespoons of the butter into pea-sized pieces, put it on a small plate, and stick it in the freezer. Heat a large skillet over medium-heat high for 3 or 4 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil and wait for the butter to melt.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels, add them to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper; work in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the skillet. Cook, turning once, until they are well browned on both sides but not quite cooked through, 2 minutes per side (less if the scallops are under 1 inch across; more if they're over). Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Stir in the garlic, lemon juice, and wine and scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the liquid in the skillet thickens, a minute or two, then whisk in the butter you chilled in the freezer, one bit at a time, to make a creamy sauce, adding another tablespoon or two of liquid if necessary.
- Return the scallops to the skillet and add the chives. Adjust the heat so the sauce bubbles gently and toss to coat the scallops with the sauce. To serve, transfer the scallops to a platter and spoon the sauce over all.
- Seared Scallops With Cherry Tomatoes and Basil: Skip the lemon juice. Cut 1 pint cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes with the garlic and wine and cook until they wrinkle a bit and release their juice, 2 or 3 minutes. Use chopped fresh basil leaves instead of chives.
- Cooks' Notes
- Releasing From The Pan: The scallops will offer no resistance when they're ready to turn. Press down gently while the scallops cook to encourage full contact with the pan, then listen for a hiss: That's moisture heating and evaporating.
- Getting A Good Sear: The idea is to brown the scallops well on both sides without overcooking them, so keep the heat as high as you can without creating too much smoke.
- Building Sauce With Butter: After you add the liquid and deglaze the pan, the addition of butter develops fantastic creaminess and richness.
- Finishing The Dish: As soon as the scallops are cooked through completely and coated with the sauce, remove the pan from the heat; they will continue to cook. Nick-and-peek into one if you need to check for doneness.
PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS
Scallops have a reputation for being hard to cook correctly, but this recipe is really fast, easy, and oh so tasty. The key is high heat for the sear, a good nonstick pan, and clarified butter. Pairs well with risotto.
Provided by Brian Genest
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place scallops in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine 5 tablespoons warm butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl; whisk until combined. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- At the same time, remove scallops from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, making sure it does not smoke. Brush scallops with garlic mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the bottoms begin to sear and turn golden, about 2 minutes. Flip scallops, brush with garlic mixture, and cook another 2 minutes. Remove scallops from the heat and let them continue to cook while they rest, off the heat, for 5 more minutes. Plate and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 232.4 mg, Fat 52.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 42.5 g, SaturatedFat 31.7 g, Sodium 1647.9 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
QUICK PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook and stir until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in lemon juice and cook until evaporated, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits, about 3 minutes.
- Place scallops 1/2 inch apart in the skillet. Cook until browned on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and continue cooking until the second side is deeply browned, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer scallops to a serving plate; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176.2 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 285.1 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH GINGER-LIME BUTTER
Day-boat scallops, the kind that are dry-packed (never frozen or dosed with preservatives), are what you want for this decadent but very simple dish. The scallops are seared on cast iron, but gradually, for a crisp, well-browned surface that intensifies their natural sweetness. Ginger, lime and hot pepper enhance the rich meatiness of all fresh seafood, and here especially so. A roasted sweet potato and a pile of blanched bok choy complete this quintessentially elegant, fast-food meal.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, for two, main course
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes and wrap them tightly in foil. Roast until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. (If you are using larger sweet potatoes, they may require 15 minutes more in the oven.)
- Using a paring knife, remove the small hard "foot" from the edge of each scallop. Pat scallops dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put on a medium pot of salted water to boil for the greens.
- Meanwhile, make the ginger butter: Combine butter, ginger, chile and lime zest and juice and stir together until well incorporated. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Take a cast-iron skillet large enough to hold the scallops without crowding and place over medium-high heat. Add a film of olive oil. When the oil is nearly smoking, add the scallops in one layer and let them sizzle. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for at least 5 minutes. Use a small spatula to check the scallops as they brown, allowing them to color gradually. They should be quite crisp and well caramelized. Turn off heat and flip scallops. Leave in pan until firm to the touch.
- While the scallops are cooking, blanch the bok choy: Cook it for 1 minute in the salted boiling water, then drain and blot on a kitchen towel. Keep warm.
- Remove and place scallops, browned side up, onto warmed serving plates. Surround with the bok choy leaves and halved or sliced sweet potatoes.
- Quickly warm the butter in the cast-iron pan and spoon over everything. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 362, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 811 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "pan seared scallops with ginger sauce recipes"
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER SAUCE - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGERED TERIYAKI SAUCE - DEVOUR.ASIA
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS IN COCONUT SAUCE - JUST COOK
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE GARLIC - THERESCIPES.INFO
DELICIOUSLY DIVINE: SEARED SCALLOPS WITH SOY-GINGER SAUCE
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CITRUS GINGER SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC-GINGER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ORANGE GINGER SAUCE - DEL'S …
HOW TO PERFECTLY PAN SEAR SCALLOPS - HELL’S KITCHEN RECIPES
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ORANGE GINGER SAUCE | RECIPE | SCALLOPS …
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER | WHOLESOME YUM
EASY PAN SEARED SCALLOP TACOS WITH GINGER SCALLION SAUCE
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PERFECT PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS (WITH A SIMPLE PAN SAUCE)
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH THAI SAUCE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CITRUS GINGER SAUCE - NOT JUST OLIVE OIL
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER-ORANGE SPINACH RECIPE
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ORANGE GINGER SAUCE - THE HEALTHY …
SCALLOPS WITH LIME SAUCE BEST RECIPES
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER SAUCE RECIPES
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE - JESSICA GAVIN
RECIPE DOODLE: PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER SAUCE
RECIPE: PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER-CURRY MANGO SAUCE
SEARED SCALLOPS IN GINGER LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
QUICK GLAZED PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC - TALKING MEALS
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS ON GINGERY MANGO SAUCE - THRIFTY FOODS
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH A GRUYèRE CHEESE SAUCE
PAN-FRIED SCALLOPS WITH CHILLI AND GINGER - HONEST MUM
SPICY PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS W/GINGER & SOY RECIPE
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PINEAPPLE-GINGER SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WASABI GINGER SAUCE - STONEWALL KITCHEN
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH COCONUT LEMONGRASS SAUCE - FEASTING AT HOME
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS OVER GREENS WITH GINGER CITRUS DRESSING
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #main-dish #seafood #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #scallops #low-in-something #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook scallops with ginger sauce?Place each scallop over a few splashes of crème fraîche, then lightly drizzle the orange ginger sauce over. For a lovely finish, I like to sprinkle a few microgreens over, but you can also go for mint leaves instead.
How to cook sea scallops in a pan?This scallop recipe is based on using larger sea scallops. Blot the scallops dry and sprinkle with salt. Add avocado oil to a pan and heat on high until it’s very hot and sizzling (*see notes below on different oils). Place the scallops in the pan and cook for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes each side, until golden.
How do you cook scallops with orange and lemon juice?Reduce the heat to medium and add the orange and lemon juice, orange zest, grated ginger and butter to the pan. Whisk the sauce together in the pan until it's simmering, then add the scallops back to the pan and spoon the sauce on top.
How long do you cook scallops in sauce?Reduce heat to low and pour reserved liquid over the scallops. Simmer 1 minute or until scallops are done, stirring any browned particles into sauce and spooning sauce over scallops. To serve, arrange scallops on deep platter and spoon sauce over them.