PEAR AND ALMOND TART
Eau-de-vie, or fruit brandy, an Alsatian specialty, is used to great effect in this dish, bringing out the subtle nuances in the pears. A custardy, brandied layer over the tender fruit, along with a nutty topping, gives this tart a complex yet homey air.
Provided by Ruth Cousineau
Yield 4 servings with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make dough:
- Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal with some small (roughly pea-size) butter lumps. Beat together yolk and water with a fork and stir into flour mixture until combined well.
- Knead mixture gently in bowl with floured hands just until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 4 or 5 times more. Form dough into a ball, then flatten into a 5-inch disk.
- Chill, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, at least 1 hour.
- Make tart shell:
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round.
- Slide bottom of tart pan (separate from rim) under dough and set into rim of tart pan. Cut off excess dough, leaving 1/2-inch overhang, and fold overhang inward. Press dough against side of pan, pushing dough 1/4 inch above rim. Lightly prick bottom of shell all over with a fork and chill until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line shell with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until side is set and edge is pale golden, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove weights and foil and bake shell until golden, 15 to 25 minutes more. Leave oven on.
- Make filling and bake tart:
- Put a heavy baking sheet in oven. Peel and core pears, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Toss pears with 1 tablespoon pear brandy in a bowl, then arrange, overlapping, in tart shell. Put a pie shield on tart pan or cover rim with foil and transfer to baking sheet in oven. Bake just until pears are barely tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Whisk together eggs, yolk, sugar, vanilla, crème fraîche, a pinch of salt, and remaining 1 tablespoons pear brandy until smooth. Pour over pears.
- Bake until custard is just set 2 inches from edge, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and remove pie shield.
- Make topping and finish baking tart:
- Stir together all topping ingredients, then gently sprinkle over custard and bake until top is pale golden, about 15 minutes more. Cool tart to warm or room temperature in pan on a rack.
PEAR AND ALMOND TART
- For pears:
- Bring 4 cups water, sugar, and lemon juice to boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add pears. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until pears are very tender, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool pears in syrup. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- For crust:
- Blend powdered sugar, almonds, and salt in processor until nuts are finely ground. Add butter and blend until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Mix in egg yolk. Add flour. Using on/off turns, blend until dough comes together in clumps. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- For almond filling:
- Finely grind almonds and flour in processor. Mix in 7 tablespoons sugar, then butter, blending until smooth. Mix in egg. Transfer filling to medium bowl. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Roll out chilled dough on floured sheet of parchment paper to 12-inch round, lifting and turning dough occasionally to free from paper. Using paper as aid, turn dough into 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom; peel off paper. Seal any cracks in dough. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch. Fold overhang in, making double-thick sides. Pierce crust all over with fork. Freeze crust 10 minutes.
- Line crust with buttered foil, buttered side down, then fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust until sides are set, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake crust until sides are golden and bottom is set, pressing with back of fork if crust bubbles, about 10 minutes longer. Cool crust in pan on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Spread almond filling evenly in crust. Stem pears and cut each in half lengthwise; scoop out cores. Cut each half crosswise into thin slices. Gently press each pear half to fan slices but keep slices tightly overlapped. Slide spatula under pears and arrange atop filling like spokes of wheel with narrow ends in center.
- Bake tart until golden and tester inserted into center of filling comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool tart in pan on rack. Push pan bottom up, releasing tart from pan. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.) Cut tart into wedges; sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve.
PEAR ALMOND TART
In this delightful pie, the pastry makes a "pouch" for a pleasant pear filling. For even more flavor, top the tart with a powdered sugar glaze and toasted almonds. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out to a 14-in. circle. Transfer pastry to a 14-in. pizza pan. , In a large bowl, combine the sugar, almonds, flour, lemon zest and cinnamon. Add pears; toss to coat. Spoon over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges; dot with butter. Fold edges of pastry over pears. , For topping, beat egg white and water. Brush over pastry; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown., For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Pour over warm tart. Sprinkle with almonds. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
PEAR AND ALMOND TART
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter with sugar until fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in egg. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Mix in brandy and vanilla. Add almond and all-purpose flours. Mix until creamy. Cover and refrigerate. Place almond filling into tart shell, spread level. Cut poached pear halves crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Reshape pear halves and arrange 8 halves around the top of each tart, "spoke" fashion. Press pears lightly to fan out. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is well browned and filling is springy to the touch. Cool and serve at room temperature.
- Note: To poach pears, peel, core and halve pears, place in a pot with 1 3/4 cups white wine, 3/4 cup water, 4 ounces of sugar, 1 cinnamon stick, vanilla bean split, and 4 black pepper corns. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes or until pears are tender when pricked. Cool in liquid.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt, cut in butter until it resembles small pebbles. With a mixer running add vanilla and slowly drizzle in water until dough comes together in a sticky mass. Roll into a ball, wrap and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours before rolling. Roll shell to fit into a 9-inch tart pan. Set aside.;
PEAR AND ALMOND TART (DAIRY- AND GLUTEN-FREE)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of tart pan with a removable bottom and line with parchment paper.
- Mix almond meal, oat flour, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Whisk egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt, and almond extract together in another bowl. Fold in almond meal mixture to form a sticky dough.
- Press dough into the prepared tart pan. Arrange pears on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 23.3 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 102.5 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
More about "pear and almond tart recipes"
PEAR & ALMOND TART | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (27)Total Time 1 hr 55 minsServings 8-10
- Preheat the oven to 350°F., To make the crust: Beat together the sugar, butter, salt, and flavorings., Add the flours, stirring to make crumbs that cling together when squeezed., Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 4 1/4" x 13 3/4" tart pan; prick it all over with a fork., Chill the crust in the freezer for 15 minutes, then bake it until it's just beginning to brown on the edges, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven., To make the filling: Beat together the butter, salt, sugar, flour, and almond extract., Beat in the eggs, then add the almond flour, stirring just to combine., To assemble the tart: Spread the filling in the bottom of the crust., Slice the pear halves horizontally into 1/2" slices; for easiest handling, don't separate the slices.
- Move the slices to the tart, fanning them atop the filling and positioning them to run from one end of the tart to the other.
- Press them down gently to adhere., Brush the pears with melted butter and sprinkle with white sparkling sugar., Bake the tart for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
FRENCH PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrsCategory Dessert See details »
FRENCH PEAR AND ALMOND TART (OR BOURDALOUE TART) | RECIPE ...
See details »
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 8Category Cakes And Baking
- Melt the butter with the sugar in a large frying pan and cook until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has become a golden-brown caramel.
- Add the pear halves and cook, turning once, until caramelised all over. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the pastry, place the plain flour, butter and sugar into a food processor and pulse together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and roll to form a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and unwrap. Roll the pastry out on a clean, floured work surface to line a 20cm/8in tart tin. Transfer to the oven to bake for ten minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and mix well, before adding the next (this can be done in a food mixer) until all the eggs are mixed into the butter and sugar.
PEAR AND ALMOND CREAM TART RECIPE - ELISABETH PRUEITT ...
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 2Published 2013-12-07
- In a food processor, pulse the flour with the sugar and salt. Pulse in the butter until it is the size of small peas. Sprinkle the egg mixture on top and pulse just until a dough forms.
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch. Whisk in 1 egg and the salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 12 tablespoons of butter with the sliced almonds at medium-low speed until the almonds are slightly crushed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry disk to a 12-inch round 1/8 inch thick. Fit the pastry into two 9-inch fluted tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Spoon the filling into the tarts. Place 1 pear quarter in the center of each tart; arrange the remaining quarters in a circle around it. Bake the tarts in the center of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the pears are very tender and the custard and pastry are deep golden.
PEAR ALMOND TART RECIPE | ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
Reviews 12Calories 503 per servingCategory Desserts
- To make Pastry: In a food processor combine flour, sugar, salt and pulse until combined. Add butter cubes a few at a time, pulsing quickly until dough resembles a coarse meal.
- Whisk egg yolk with ice water until combined. With the machine running, add egg mixture until combined and a dough forms. If not sticking together add 1 tbsp more water. If too sticky add 1-2 tbsp more flour.
- Form dough into a ball, flatten into a disc, wrap in parchment and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight even easier.
- Roll out dough into a large circle. Place in a removable bottom tart tin. Transfer dough into tin, fold over edges inward to create a double crust, this will add stability to your shell.
RECIPE: PEAR AND ALMOND TART | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 1Calories 320 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- Add eggs one at a time while continuing to pulse then scrape dough from the sides and continue pulsing until well incorporated.
MARY BERRY'S PEAR FRANGIPANE TART | DESSERT RECIPES ...
2.9/5 (3.3K)Category DessertServings 10-12Published 2015-09-30
- If making the pastry by hand, rub the butter into the flour and icing sugar until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the beaten egg and bring together to form a dough.
- Make the filling in the unwashed processor. Cream the butter and sugar together, then gradually add the beaten eggs (do not worry if it looks curdled at this stage).
- Roll out the chilled pastry on a lightly floured work surface and line a flan tin 28cm in diameter, about 2.5cm deep. If possible, chill for a further 30 minutes.
- Spoon the frangipane mixture into the pastry case and level the top using a small palette knife. Arrange the pear halves, cut side down, attractively on the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, gas 5 and put a heavy flat baking tray into the oven to preheat. Place the tart on the tray and bake for about 45–50 minutes until the almond filling and pastry are golden brown.
- OR to bake in an Aga, lift the tin on to a baking sheet and bake on the floor of the roasting oven until pale golden, about 15-20 minutes. Then transfer to the centre of the Baking Oven until set and golden brown, another 15–20 minutes.
- Cool slightly, brush with hot apricot glaze and sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds. Serve warm with cream or crème fraîche.
PEAR AND ALMOND TART 洋梨のタルト • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4.5/5 (83)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 3499 per serving
- Gather all the ingredients. Make sure to take out the butter and eggs from the refrigerator and keep at room temperature. If the eggs are too cold when you add to the mixture, they reduce the temperature of the butter, making emulsion more difficult. Adding the eggs all at once also inhibits emulsion, and results in that scrambled egg appearance. You can soak the cold eggs for 5 minutes in warm (not hot!) water, but it's best to take out both butter and eggs out from the fridge earlier.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). For a convection oven, reduce cooking temperature by 25ºF (15ºC). Melt the apricot jam and 1 Tbsp water in the microwave for 10 seconds until liquefied. Apply the jam on the base of the cooled pastry case to prevent soggy bottom. Reserve the jam for later. Fill the baked tart crust with almond cream, smoothing out to the edges with an offset spatula, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Bake the tart at 375ºF (190ºC) until golden brown or the bamboo skewer inserted into the center of filling comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
EASY PEAR ALMOND TART RECIPE (FRANGIPANE) | SALT AND VANILLA
Ratings 1Servings 8Cuisine FrenchCategory Baked, Dessert
- Cut peeled pears in half and take out the cores. Then place them in a pot with water, sugar, wine, lemon peel and zest, all the spices. Then take a piece of parchment paper and cut a square. Then fold it over in half into a triangle and then fold it again diagonally into a smaller triangle. Then fold two more times continuing the triangle. Then cut the point of the triangle off and cut around the outer edge to fit the size of the pot. Open the paper up (This is called a Cartouche), the paper should be a round circle that fits inside the pot with a whole in the middle of the paper. This is basically a lid for the pears so they stay submerged. Slowly bring the pot to barely simmering. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the pears are tender all the way through. Check them with a cake tester or toothpick. Cool to room temperature.
- Place almond meal and sugar in a food processor and puree for 30 seconds. Then while the machine is running add the butter a tbsp. at a time. Once all the butter is in add the eggs again while the machine is running. You can stop to scrape the sides if there are any clumps but once the eggs have been added you should a really smooth and creamy almond cream. Finish with both the vanilla and almond extract. I normally double this recipe which gives me extra laying around that I can make something else with. But you should have enough to fill the tart with just one batch. Set aside the almond cream until your tart dough is ready.
- Using the food processor again add flour to the bowl along with the salt. Pulse a few times to combine well. Then turn the processor on and begin to add all the butter a tbsp. at a time. Once the butter has been combined. Drizzle in the cold water. Finish with a few tbsp. of flour if needed. Normally now you put the crust into the refrigerator to let the dough come together as it gets cold. ' I don't like when my dough is so cold I can't roll it and usually I am in a rush. If you can put the dough in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes it will really help; if not simply take the dough and put a light dusting of flour onto the parchment paper and place the dough on top. Then dust flour on the top of the dough and put a second piece of parchment paper on top of the dough. With a rolling pin roll out your dough to a thin crust consistency. Take your tart mold and carefully place your tart dough inside the mold. Using a rolling pin roll the pin over the mold to trim off any excess dough. With
- Add the almond cream to the tart filling it up almost to the top of the tart. Take out the pears and slice if desired and place them on top of the almond cream. Then place back in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and cool to room temperature. Serve or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. And then enjoy this classic!
MINI PEAR ALMOND TART - OBSESSIVE COOKING DISORDER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
EASY PEAR AND ALMOND TART - MAKE MINE LEMON
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8 See details »
RECIPE: HOW TO BAKE MICHEL ROUX JR’S PEAR AND ALMOND TART ...
Author Emma SturgessEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
PEAR AND ALMOND CRUSTLESS TART - RECIPE WINNERS
4.7/5 (20)Category DessertsCuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr See details »
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE - WILD ATLANTIC TASTE
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
PEAR AND ALMOND TART | DESSERT RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
2.8/5 (330)Category DessertServings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 10 mins See details »
PEAR AND ALMOND CREAM TART - JO COOKS
See details »
PEAR AND ALMOND TART - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
PEAR FRANGIPANE TART (POACHED PEAR TART RECIPE) - A ...
See details »
ALMOND SYRUP CAKE | DONNA HAY
See details »
POACHED TARTE RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
See details »
You'll also love