COLD PLUM SOUP
When my husband and I were first married, we dined at an inn that served a flavorful plum soup. After experimenting with different recipes, I came up with my own wonderful version! -Carol Klein, Franklin Square, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 13 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Drain plums, reserving juice. Pit plums; puree in a blender with juice. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Stir in the water, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon stick, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes., In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar; stir in cream and wine or grape juice until smooth. Gradually add to plum mixture until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; discard cinnamon stick. Stir in the sour cream, creme de cassis or cranberry-raspberry juice and lemon juice. , Strain half of the soup through a fine mesh strainer over a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Repeat. Stir in lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 25mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
PLUM SOUP WITH HONEYDEW TARRAGON ICE
- Make honeydew ice:
- Bring water and sugar to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Transfer 1/2 cup hot syrup to a bowl and stir in tarragon, then cool. Chill remaining syrup.
- Pour tarragon syrup through a very fine sieve into a metal bowl, discarding solids. Purée honeydew in a blender and stir into strained tarragon syrup. Freeze in ice cream maker, then transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden.
- Make plum soup:
- Dice enough of plums to measure 1/2 cup and reserve. Coarsely chop remaining plums and purée in 2 batches with 1 cup chilled syrup (total) in a blender. Pour purée through very fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on and discarding solids.
- Stir in diced plums, lime juice, and chilled syrup to taste.
- Serve soup immediately, topped with scoops of honeydew ice.
CHILLED JEWISH PLUM SOUP
- Put the water, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large, heavy, nonreactive saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the plums, bring back to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Skim off any foam that rises to the top, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is very soft and falling apart, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 4-inch lemon verbena sprig or strip of lemon zest. Let cool for about 20 minutes, tasting occasionally and removing the lemon verbena (or zest) when its flavor has perfumed the soup to your liking. It should be a delicate background note, not a predominant flavor.
- Purée the soup until smooth using an immersion blender, standard blender, or food processor. Stir in the liqueur if using it, and the lemon zest and juice. Cover and refrigerate until very cold, about 4 hours or up to four days.
- Ladle the chilled soup into shallow bowls. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a mint sprig. Source: Jennie Schacht's Fork & Swoon blog , and Food 52 , used with permission.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98 kcal, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 33 mg, Sugar 19 g, Fat 2 g, ServingSize 1 dozen (12 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
This recipe came from my Grandmother, Ida. My Mom used to make it when I was a kid (although I wouldn't try it back then). It is a great soup and can be made with any fruit. We eat it warm. I haven't tried it cold. The dumplings absorb the goodness of the fruit juice and it really is a nice treat. The cook times are approximate as there is no set rule for how long the soup can cook.
Provided by Snowpeas
Yield 1 small pot of soup, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put some water on to boil.
- Mix ingredients together gently, until all are mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonful into boiling water (you want small dumplings).
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- While this is cooking, get your soup going.
- When these are done, remove and place in your soup.
- Process your plums (or other fruit) through a sieve, pulse briefly in a food processor or chop until fine.
- Mix all ingredients in a pot and cook over low heat.
- Add your dumplings when they're ready.
- Stir often so the dumplings don't stick to the bottom.
- Eat warm and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208.9, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 11.9, Sodium 277.7, Carbohydrate 38.3, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 9.9, Protein 4.4
OLD-FASHIONED FRUIT SOUP
- In a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in raisins, currants and apple and simmer 5 minutes more, until apples are tender. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick and refrigerate until cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.5 calories, Carbohydrate 61.3 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 2.7 mg, Sugar 50.7 g
CHILLED PLUM AND BERRY SOUP
With its toasted brioche and healthy dollop of mascarpone mixed with heavy cream, this soup is a close cousin to classic berry pudding. The brioche soaks up fruit juices in a satisfying way.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Set a large skillet over medium heat. Add 5 plums, cut side down; sear until plums start to blister, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir plums on skin side with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with sugar, and add one-third of the blackberries and one-third of the raspberries to the skillet.
- Cook until fruit begins to release juice, about 10 minutes more. Add Sauternes wine, 2 cups cold water, and salt to skillet. Mix well. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium low; let simmer until fruit begins to break down and liquid is very flavorful, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Puree mixture through a food mill set over a bowl; discard solids. Pass puree through a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl. Discard solids.
- Slice remaining plum into thin slivers, and add to soup. Add another third of the blackberries and another third of the raspberries to soup. Transfer to refrigerator until chilled.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice mini brioche in half (if using loaf, slice into 1/2-inch-thick slices). Place brioche on a baking sheet; toast until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Combine mascarpone and heavy cream in a small mixing bowl. Fold together by hand. Spoon mixture over toasted brioche. Arrange remaining third of berries over mascarpone, and place two toasts into each bowl. Pour chilled soup in bowls, and serve.
More about "plum soup recipes"
COLD PLUM SOUP RECIPE | RECIPELAND
EASY BEEF PHO SOUP RECIPE - PHở Bò | PICKLED PLUM
COLD PLUM SOUP - APPETIZER - KOSHER RECIPE
PLUM SOUP RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
10 SAVORY PLUM RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH FRUIT | ALLRECIPES
WINTER PLUM SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PLUM RUM SOUP | FOODLAND ONTARIO
RECIPE: CARAMELIZED PLUM SOUP | KITCHN
16 PERFECT PLUM RECIPES THAT SPOTLIGHT THIS VERSATILE FRUIT
COLD PLUM SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Sugar-Free DessertsCalories 165 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Bring apple-juice concentrate to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to low, add plums and cinnamon stick, cover, and simmer until the plums are tender, about 10 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add 3 ice cubes and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and whisk in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
PLUM SOUP RECIPE | CARL'S HOME AND RECIPES
PLUM SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CARROT AND PLUM SOUP RECIPE BY KIAH WADHWANI AT BETTERBUTTER
PLUM SOUP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
PLUM SOUP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SOUR PLUM SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
PLUM SOUP – JOURNEY FROM A POLISH KITCHEN
SOUR PLUM SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
COLD PLUM SOUP RECIPE
PLUM SOUP - MARIONS KOCHBUCH
INEXPERIENCED PLUM SOUP RECIPES | NAGRAB.COM
21 SAVORY AND SWEET PLUM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
COOL ‘N’ SWEET SUMMER PLUM SOUP | FOOD CHANNEL
IMPERIAL PLUM SOUP | MISS CHINESE FOOD
20 BEST PLUM DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
10 BEST SOUR PLUM RECIPES | YUMMLY
PLUM TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PLUM AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE BY SUJAYA ANAND AT BETTERBUTTER
WINTER PLUM SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, SOUP RECIPES, HEALTHY …
PLUM SOUP - FREE RECIPES
RECIPE INDEX - PLUM DELUXE
OLD BEIJING SOUR PLUM SOUP | MISS CHINESE FOOD
WINTER PLUM SOUP - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
PLUM SORBET DESSERT SOUP - | RECIPE | SORBET DESSERT, DESSERTS, …
CHILLED PLUM SOUP — A THOUGHT FOR FOOD
You'll also love