- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease and flour six 6-ounce custard cups.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly, Beat in flour, milk and salt until just smooth; being careful not to overbeat. Fill custard cups 1/2 full.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 20 minutes more. Immediately remove from cups and serve piping hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Carbohydrate 17.9 g, Cholesterol 65.3 mg, Fat 2.7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 234.2 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
CHICKEN POT PIE POPOVERS
These little popovers let you create individual chicken pot pies: Flaky puff pastry is filled with a creamy chicken and vegetable sauce.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan generously with the baking spray.
- Whisk the milk, flour, vanilla, eggs and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until combined. Drizzle in the melted butter while whisking until combined; let the batter stand for 5 minutes. Add the baking powder, whisking to combine, and divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (about a scant 1/4 cup batter per muffin cup). Bake the popovers until puffed and browned around the edges, rotating the pan about halfway through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the popovers are baking, whisk together the broth and flour in a medium saucepan until the flour is dissolved. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking continuously, until the mixture comes to a boil; continue to cook, whisking, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and half of the Cheddar. Stir in the peas and carrots, green beans and then the chicken; cover to keep warm.
- When the popovers are done, turn them out of the pan, using a small spatula if necessary. Arrange 2 popovers on each of 6 plates or bowls and top with the chicken filling, dividing evenly among the popovers. Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar over the warm filling. Garnish with chopped parsley if using. Serve with the iced tea.
There are three secrets to great popovers: Make sure the pan is hot before you pour in the batter, fill each section not more than half full and no peeking while they're in the oven!
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 12 popovers
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Generously grease aluminum popover pans or Pyrex custard cups with softened butter. You'll need enough pans to make 12 popovers. Place the pans in the oven for exactly 2 minutes to preheat. Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until smooth. The batter will be thin. Fill the popover pans less than half full and bake for exactly 30 minutes. Do not peek.
PIZZA POPOVERS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: large eggs, large egg whites, whole milk, tomato paste, dried oregano, garlic powder, kosher salt, unsalted butter, all purpose flour, parmesan cheese, pepperoni, fresh basil, marinara sauce, 6 cup popover pan
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 6 popovers
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a blender, combine the eggs, egg whites, milk, and tomato paste. Blend until smooth. Add the oregano, garlic powder, salt, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and flour and blend on high speed for 2-3 minutes, until completely smooth. Transfer the batter to a liquid measuring cup with a pour spout and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the popover pan in the oven to preheat.
- After resting, fold ¼ cup (30 g) Parmesan and ¼ cup (35 g) chopped pepperoni into the popover batter.
- Remove the popover pan from the oven and brush ¼ teaspoon melted butter in each cup, then fill ¾ of the way full with batter. Sprinkle with the remaining pepperoni and remaining 1½ tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the popovers for 25-30 minutes, or until they appear puffed and dry (do not open the oven door to check).
- Garnish the popovers with basil and serve immediately with warm marinara sauce alongside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 calories, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 3 grams
EASY AND DELICIOUS CRUSTY POPOVERS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Put 12-cup muffin tin in oven to preheat as well.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl with an electric hand mixer. Add flour and salt; continue beating into smooth batter.
- Put about 3/4 teaspoon butter into each muffin tin and carefully spread butter up sides of each cup. Quickly divide batter among prepared cups.
- Bake until popovers are risen well and browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.4 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 71.3 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 246.1 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
See our step-by-step guide to making popovers, and try all of our popover variations: Gruyere-Thyme Popovers, Dark Chocolate Popovers, Chive Popovers, Cinnamon Sugar Popovers, Bacon and Black Pepper Popovers, and Orange Popovers.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 6 large popovers or 10 small popovers
Number Of Ingredients 5
- If eggs and milk are cold, before combining, submerge whole eggs in warm water 10 minutes and heat milk until just warm. Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a nonstick popover pan on rack in lowest position.
- After you have combined eggs and milk in a large bowl, whisk together until very frothy. This should only take about 1 minute. Have the flour and salt measured out and ready to go.
- Add flour and salt to egg mixture. We tested out a blender and an electric stand mixer when making the batter, but concluded that whisking by hand produces the most tender, airy popovers.
- Whisk flour and salt into egg mixture just until batter is the consistency of heavy cream with some small lumps remaining. See those air bubbles? They are what will cause the popovers to rise.
- Remove popover pan from oven and coat with cooking spray. If you prefer a standard muffin tin, only coat (and fill) the outer cups; they get better circulation in the oven. (Also, reduce baking time by 5 minutes.)
- Fill popover cups about three-quarters full with batter. Bake 20 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue to bake until golden brown and dry to the touch, about 20 minutes more.
- Popovers lose their crunch if they linger in the pan, so turn them out on a wire rack immediately and poke a small opening in the side of each with a paring knife to let the steam escape. Serve right away.
CURRY CHICKEN POPOVER PIE
My cast-iron skillet is one of my favorite pans to use for cooking. This flavorful curry chicken potpie has Indian influences. It is perfect to cook in the skillet and then serve at the table puffed, golden and piping hot. -Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place chicken, lentils, green onions and carrots in a greased 10-in. cast-iron skillet. Place the eggs, flour, coconut milk, cilantro, curry powder, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour into skillet., Bake until puffy, browned and cooked through, 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest before serving. If desired, top with green onions and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 151mg cholesterol, Sodium 271mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
POPOVER APPLE PIE
This is a family favorite that's perfect for cozy winter nights. The golden brown crust bakes in the oven, and the apple and cranberry filling cookings in the microwave, then is spooned into the crust. -Beki Kosydar-Krantz of Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Combine the eggs, egg whites and milk; whisk into the dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. , Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° (do not open oven door). Bake until deep golden brown, 10-15 minutes (do not underbake)., In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk the orange juice, pudding mix and apple pie spice. Stir in apples and cranberries. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cover and cook until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes longer, stirring every 2 minutes. Let stand, covered for 5 minutes. , Spoon hot apple mixture into crust. Sprinkle with walnuts. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 256mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Generously grease 6-cup popover pan or six 6-ounce custard cups.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth (do not overbeat). Fill cups about 1/2 full.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake about 20 minutes longer or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cups. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 240 mg
POPOVER EGG PIES
These wee egg pies puff up like muffins when baking. They are delicious warm or at room temp and are the perfect size for eating out of your hand. I made these for Easter breakfast and they were loved by all. I used mini potatoes thinly sliced. The recipe says it make 4 servings....but I got 6 out of it.
Provided by luvcookn
Yield 4-6 popovers, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Generously brush 4-6 muffins cups with oil OR spray with non stick spray.
- Whisk eggs with tarragon and salt.
- Pour a little into each muffin cup.
- Divide potatoes, peas, and cheese among the cups, then pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- Cups will be very full.
- Bake in preheated 300 degree oven until eggs are very puffy and set when pan is jiggled -- about 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then run a knife around inside of each popover and using a spoon, scoop out.
- ***Note*** I found that if you use a non stick spray -- they just "pop" out.
More about "popover egg pies recipes"
POPOVER EGG PIES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (3)Calories 152 per servingServings 5
POPOVER EGG PIES - ALIVE MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
POPOVER MEAT PIES RECIPE
SAVORY MUSHROOM POPOVER PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
POPOVERS STUFFED WITH SPINACH, EGG AND CHEESE
POPOVER REWIND…APPLE PIE POPOVERS - DOUGHMESSTIC
CREAMY CHEESECAKE POPOVERS - DOUGHMESSTIC
POPOVER EGG PIES RECIPE |LUNCH | ALIVE 4 WW POINTS! | EGG PIE ...
POPOVER EGG PIES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CHICKEN POPOVER PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FLUFFY HOMEMADE POPOVERS RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
POPOVERS - AMERICAN EGG BOARD
POPOVER APPLE PIE - AMERICAN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A POPOVERS RECIPE IN 3 WAYS | BIGGER …
POPOVERS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
COOKISTRY: EGG-FILLED POPOVERS
THE BIGGEST FATTEST FLUFFIEST POPOVER RECIPE - SUGAR DISH ME
WHAT TO SERVE WITH POPOVERS? 7 BEST SIDE DISHES | EATDELIGHTS
POPOVER MEAT PIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POPOVERS | I LOVE EGGS | POPOVER RECIPE | NZ EGGS
POPOVERS - MAYO CLINIC
ITALIAN POPOVERS RECIPE | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
POPOVER EGG PIES RECIPE | BREAKFAST BRUNCH RECIPES, RECIPES, BEST ...
POPOVERS RECIPE - KIWIPIERECIPES
POPOVER EGG NESTS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
POPOVER PIZZA RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
POPOVER PIE RECIPE
POPOVER APPLE PIE
HOLIDAY BREAKFAST: POPOVERS & SCRAMBLED EGGS - CHEF GEORGE HIRSCH
POPOVER EGG PIES RECIPE | RECIPES, BREAKFAST BRUNCH RECIPES, BEST ...
EGG POPOVERS - RECIPES - PAGE 9 | COOKS.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breakfast #eggs-dairy #vegetarian #cheese #eggs #dietary #brunch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make popovers with flour and eggs?Add flour and salt to egg mixture. We tested out a blender and an electric stand mixer when making the batter, but concluded that whisking by hand produces the most tender, airy popovers. Whisk flour and salt into egg mixture just until batter is the consistency of heavy cream with some small lumps remaining.
How to cook popovers in the oven?Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Generously grease aluminum popover pans or Pyrex custard cups with softened butter. You'll need enough pans to make 12 popovers. Place the pans in the oven for exactly 2 minutes to preheat. Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until smooth.
What ingredients do you need to make a popover?Categories Collections Resources Flour, milk, eggs, salt, and butter: what a simple combination of ingredients for such a sublime treat! These popovers don't require a special pan and can be mixed by hand (or a blender or mixer, if you prefer). In under 30 minutes, you'll have a dozen gorgeous popovers.
How much milk do you put in a popover?4 large eggs, warmed in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes before cracking 1 1/2 cups (340g) milk (skim, low-fat, or full-fat), lukewarm *Reduce the salt to 1/2 teaspoon, if needed for dietary reasons. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Position a rack on a lower shelf. The top of the fully risen popovers should be about midway up the oven.