PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in non-stick pan and fry pork chops about 7-8 minutes per side, until brown.
- Remove from pan and add wine, apple juice, vinegar and a little sugar.
- Boil on high heat for about 6 minutes.
- Add cream, minced gherkins and tarragon.
- Turn down heat and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Add mustard and whisk to dissolve.
- Season to taste.
- Serve pork chops napped with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.8, Fat 23.2, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 102.5, Sodium 1184.6, Carbohydrate 6.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 4.8, Protein 24.1
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
Dress up chops with a golden, full-flavored reduction sauce comprised of bold ingredients, such as Dijon mustard, white wine and lots of garlic. -Sharla Reel, St. Charles, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Add wine and garlic, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. , Add broth; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork and keep warm., Bring pan juices to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; heat through. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Fat 19g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 432mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein.
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD BOURBON SAUCE
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat, for about 1 minute or until the surface of the pan is uniformly hot. Pat the chops dry, and season the chops on one side with salt and pepper. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the chops seasoned side down and cook until the chops are brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the butter and cook for 1 minute more. Season the top side of the chops, and turn the chops over. Continue cooking until firm and an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees F, about 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the chops to a plate, tent with foil and set aside to rest.
- Pour off any fat remaining in the skillet. Pull the pan from the heat and carefully add the bourbon. Return the pan to the heat and tip the pan slightly to ignite the alcohol. Cook until reduced by half then add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 3 minutes, then whisk in the mustard and the cream. Simmer the sauce until it coats the back of a spoon, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with the pork chops.
- Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Pat pork dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet, swirling to coat, then brown chops, turning over once, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a shallow baking pan, reserving skillet, and bake, uncovered, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour off fat from skillet, then cook shallots in butter over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth and any juices from baking pan and boil, scraping up any brown bits, 2 minutes. Add mustard and cream and return to a boil, then add lemon juice and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
PORK CHOPS WITH LEEKS IN MUSTARD SAUCE
- Pat chops dry with paper towels. Mix 2 teaspoons coarse salt, thyme, rosemary, and 1 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on both sides of chops. Let stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours or wrap and chill up to 1 day.
- Heat heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and sauté until crisp and lightly browned. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to small bowl. Increase heat to medium-high. Add chops to skillet. Sear until brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chops to small baking sheet.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from skillet (or add olive oil to make 3 tablespoons). Add leeks and sauté until soft, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add brandy, then broth and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Return bacon to skillet; add sage and stir to blend.
- Nestle chops in leeks in skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 3 minutes. Turn chops over. Cover; simmer until thermometer inserted into thickest part of chops registers 140°F to 145°F, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer chops to platter. Tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Spoon off any fat from cooking liquid in skillet. Boil until all liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Whisk in mustard, then crème fraîche (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over chops.
PORK CHOPS WITH JAMMY-MUSTARD GLAZE
Fruit and mustard are two classic accompaniments to pork, and really, a juicy chop doesn't need much more than that for a sweet and tangy sauce. Mix together water, grainy mustard and any fruit preserve that's good with pork like cherry, fig, peach or apricot. Sear bone-in pork chops mostly on one side to prevent overcooking, then pour the fruit-mustard mixture into the skillet while they rest. The pork will stay moist, and its juices will have time to mingle with the sauce. Then just slice the pork and drape it in the velvety two-ingredient glaze. Eat with mashed or roasted potatoes and a green salad.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories weeknight, meat, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup water, the preserves and the mustard. Set near the stove. Pat the pork chops dry, and season all over with salt and pepper.
- In a large (12-inch) cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the pork chops and cook, occasionally pressing down to make good contact with the skillet, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, flip the chops and cook until opaque on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the jam-mustard mixture, turn off the heat, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chops to plates, then return the skillet to medium-low heat and simmer, scraping up browned bits, until the sauce has thickened slightly, 1 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Every jam is different, so if it's too sweet, add more mustard, salt or black pepper; if it's too salty, add a little more jam; if it's too intense or thick, add a little more water; if it's flat, add salt. Spoon sauce over the pork chops.
CREAMY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS
- Sprinkle chops with lemon pepper seasoning. Heat butter in skillet. Cook chops 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add soup, milk and mustard. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until chops are done. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.3 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 100.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 899.8 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE
- Mince enough of the red onion slices to have 1/3 cup minced onion.
- Put remaining onion slices in a bowl and pour vinegar over them; marinate for 10 minutes. Drain and discard the vinegar.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; fry in the hot oil until nicely browned and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Arrange pork chops onto serving plates; top each with a portion of the red onion slices.
- Whisk minced onion, sour cream, Dijon mustard, and apricot preserves together in a bowl; serve with the pork chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 57.9 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 713.9 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
PORK CHOPS IN A CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE
These are fork tender pork chops in the most amazing mustard cream sauce. Company worthy dinner recipe. Wonderful served with rice.
Provided by Marie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Salt and pepper pork chops and dredge in 2 tablespoons flour.
- Heat butter in large skillet and brown chops well.
- Add wine and lemon juice and simmer, covered for 45 to 50 minutes until very tender.
- Remove chops to serving platter.
- In same skillet, stir 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour into drippings until smooth.
- Stir in cream, mustard and red pepper.
- Simmer, stirring for 1 minute.
- Serve pork chops with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.7, Fat 26, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 111.6, Sodium 167.1, Carbohydrate 5.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.4, Protein 24.3
PORK CHOPS IN A HONEY-MUSTARD SAUCE
Pork chops are a great economical cut and cook up quickly, making them ideal for busy weeknight meals. But turning out tender chops can be tricky. Browning them first, then finishing them in this tangy, slightly sweet sauce results in perfectly cooked chops. -Susan Bentley, Burlington, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm., Remove skillet from heat and add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in broth, mustard, honey and remaining garlic powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in cream; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened., Return pork chops and juices to the skillet. Cover and cook until a thermometer reads 145°, 3-5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Fat 24g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 123mg cholesterol, Sodium 597mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein.
PORK CHOPS WITH DIJON SAUCE
In the Burgundy region of France, home of Dijon, pork chops are traditionally served in a sauce made with mustard, cream and white wine, and there are very few pairings that are better. Richard Olney, a prominent food writer and authority on French cooking, sautéed sliced apples and chops and then baked them all together with cream and mustard dribbled on top. I prefer the method here, but you could always fry up some apples and serve them on the side. (For a dish with roots closer to Normandy than Burgundy, make the same recipe but omit the mustard, deglaze the pan with Calvados instead of wine and stir sliced sautéed Granny Smiths into the sauce itself.)
Provided by Julia Reed
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in the oil in a large deep skillet over high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and add them, browning well, about 2 or 3 minutes a side, reducing the heat slightly if chops brown too quickly.
- Remove chops to a platter and pour off most of the fat. Add green onions or shallots and cook over medium-high heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping brown bits off the bottom. Stir in the stock and return chops to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer, cover and cook until chops are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chops to a warm platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Raise the heat and boil pan juices to reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Add cream and boil 2 minutes more, until sauce reduces a bit and thickens. Remove from the heat and whisk in mustard and the parsley, if using. Taste and add more mustard if desired. Immediately spoon sauce over the chops and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 533, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 36 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 43 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 744 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CRISPY PORK CHOP WITH HONEY MUSTARD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless pork chop, French's® Creamy Yellow Mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, McCormick® Paprika, large egg, milk, all purpose flour, McCormick® Garlic Powder, McCormick® Onion Powder, panko breadcrumbs, grapeseed oil, unsalted butter, shallot, white wine, chicken broth, French's® Creamy Yellow Mustard, honey, heavy cream, lemon juice, McCormick® Dried Parsley flakes, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, kale, shredded radicchio, dried cranberries, apple, grapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
Provided by Jordan Fitzpatrick
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 36
- Marinate the pork chops: Place the pork chops in a gallon-size ziplock bag. Add ½ cup French's Creamy Yellow Mustard, warmed honey, the apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and McCormick® Paprika. Massage through the bag until the pork chops are completely covered, then seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make the honey mustard sauce: In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pot with the white wine, then whisk in the chicken broth, French's® Creamy Yellow Mustard, honey, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Simmer until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the McCormick® Dried Parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the crunchy green salad: In a large bowl, toss together the kale, radicchio, dried cranberries, and apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pork chops: In a shallow bowl, whisk together 1 egg, the milk, and the remaining tablespoon of French's® Creamy Yellow Mustard. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together the flour, McCormick® Garlic Powder, and McCormick® Onion Powder. Add the panko to a third shallow bowl.
- Dip the pork chops into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then into the panko, pressing the bread crumbs into both sides of the meat to coat completely.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a medium high-walled skillet over medium heat until the temperature reaches 350°F (180°C). Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, cook the pork chops until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 145°F, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve the crispy pork chops with the honey mustard sauce and crunchy green salad alongside.
More about "pork chops with mustard sauce recipes"
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (175)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 364 per serving
- Meanwhile, add the shallots and 1 tablespoon of the oil to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 633 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- Melt butter in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Place pork chops, one at a time, in flour mixture and turn to coat completely. Shake off excess flour and place chops in skillet. Cook until browned and firm to touch, about 7 minutes per side.
- Remove chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Pour off fat from skillet, add cream and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, stirring to pick up browned bits on bottom of skillet. Continue boiling until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in mustard. Put chops on individual plates and spoon sauce on top.
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | TRISHA …
Author Trisha YearwoodSteps 3Difficulty Easy
PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - TASTES BETTER …
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD AND SOUR CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
BRAISED PORK CHOPS RECIPE IN MILK, MUSTARD SAUCE
MUSTARD PORK CHOPS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
10 BEST DIJON MUSTARD PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE SHAKE-&-BAKE PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE …
OVEN ROASTED PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - GIRL GONE GOURMET
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK CHOPS WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - PORK RECIPES - DELISH
EASY CREAMY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS RECIPE | KITCHN
BREADED CRISPY BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE – FOOD WHAT WE LOVE
SRF PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD PAN SAUCE - ERICA JULSON
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD-SAGE SAUCE - BIGOVEN
TANGY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS - BONITA'S KITCHEN
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD
SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE | RICARDO
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - CHATELAINE
PORK CUTLETS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE | RICARDO
PORK CHOPS IN GRAINY MUSTARD AND MUSHROOM SAUCE
HERBED PORK CHOPS ON MUSTARD SAUCE | HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
HONEY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PORK CHOPS WITH DIJON SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PORK CHOPS IN MUSTARD SAUCE - THE LEMON APRON
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD CAPER SAUCE - JILL'S TABLE
PORK CHOPS WITH LEEKS IN MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pork #dinner-party #holiday-event #kid-friendly #dietary #meat #pork-chops
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pork chops with Dijon mustard?Transfer the pork chops to serving plates. Place the pan over medium-high heat, whisk the smooth Dijon mustard into the sauce, and simmer until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream. Taste and season the sauce with salt and pepper as needed.
How to cook pork loin chops with sauce?Add cream, dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Stir well, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered for 5-6 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over pork. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Season the pork. the boneless pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
How to cook pork chops with garlic powder?Combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm. Remove skillet from heat and add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
How to cook pork chops with onion and vinegar?Put remaining onion slices in a bowl and pour vinegar over them; marinate for 10 minutes. Drain and discard the vinegar. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; fry in the hot oil until nicely browned and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side.