GINGER-STREUSEL PUMPKIN PIE
I love to bake and have spent a lot of time making goodies for my family and friends. The streusel topping gives this pie a special touch your family will love. -Sonia Parvu, Sherrill, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crust. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate and trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edge., In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugars, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Pour into crust. Bake 40 minutes., In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts and ginger. Gently sprinkle over filling. , Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 684 calories, Fat 42g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 176mg cholesterol, Sodium 388mg sodium, Carbohydrate 73g carbohydrate (39g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
STREUSEL-TOPPED PUMPKIN PIE
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients with hand beater or wire whisk until blended. Pour filling into pie crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove pie from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Cover crust edge with 2- to 3-inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake 35 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly with fork; set aside.
- Sprinkle topping over pie. Bake about 10 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 4 hours or until chilled before serving. Store pie covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 370 mg, Sugar 32 g, TransFat 0 g
BROWN FAMILY'S FAVORITE PUMPKIN PIE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks. Stir in 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. While the pie is baking, prepare the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend in the cold butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Mix in the chopped nuts. Sprinkle the topping over the pie.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake an additional 40 minutes, or until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 463.4 calories, Carbohydrate 52.3 g, Cholesterol 75.5 mg, Fat 25.5 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 491.5 mg, Sugar 35.7 g
PUMPKIN PIE WITH GINGER STREUSEL
- For crust:
- Place ginger in processor and process ;until minced. Add flour, sugar, cloves and salt; process to combine. Using on/off turns, cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix yolk and 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Add yolk mixture to flour and butter mixture; process just until mixture forms moist clumps. If dough is too dry, blend in more water by teaspoonfuls. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled. Soften dough slightly at room temperature before rolling.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on floured surface to 12-inch-diameter round. Transfer dough to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Trim overhang to 1 inch. Fold edges under crust. Crimp decoratively, forming high-standing rim (about 1/2 inch above rim of dish). Freeze crust for 15 minutes. Line crust with foil and then fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust 10 minutes. Remove foil and beans and bake until crust is set and pale golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer crust to rack; cool completely.
- For filling:
- Whisk all ingredients in large bowl until combined. Pour into pie crust. Bake until skin begins to form on filling and filling begins to set, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Let pie stand 10 minutes to set slightly. Maintain oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping:
- Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until mixture begins to form small clumps. Sprinkle topping over pie. Bake until pie is set and streusel is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely.
STREUSEL PUMPKIN PIE
Basic pumpkin pie is good, but we think this dressed-up version is even better. Plenty of pecans add a nutty crunch to the pastry and the streusel topping. It's a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or any time you want to end a dinner with something special. -Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 pies (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in. thick circle; transfer to 9-in. pie plates; place crust in pie plates. Flute edge and set aside. , Combine pie mix, milk and egg; pour into crusts. For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. , Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355 calories, Fat 17g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 280mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
STREUSEL TOPPED PUMPKIN PIE
- HEAT oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk together pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Pour into crust.
- BAKE 15 minutes. While pie is baking, combine brown sugar, flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts.
- REMOVE pie from oven; reduce oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle streusel mixture over pie.
- BAKE 40 minutes or until set. Cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
PUMPKIN STREUSEL PIE (SUNSET)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and ginger. Add pumpkin, milk, and eggs; whisk until well blended. 2. Pour mixture into unbaked 10-inch pie pastry in pan. Sprinkle walnut streusel evenly over filling after top has just set (~20-30 minutes) 3. Bake on the bottom rack until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. 4. Set on a rack until cool to touch, about 2 hours. Cut into wedges.
PUMPKIN PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
After eating a few slices of this pie for Thanksgiving, my dad requested it for his birthday instead of cake! The guests loved it too! The pie is light, due to the whipped egg whites, and the streusel is like the icing on the cake! I found this recipe on the internet.
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, condensed milk, egg yolks, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the pie is baking prepare the streusel topping:.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoons cinnamon. Add the chilled butter and blend in with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Mix in the chopped nuts. Sprinkle the topping over the pie.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Bake an additional 40 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.4, Fat 23.4, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 66, Sodium 342, Carbohydrate 52.4, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 35.7, Protein 9.7
More about "pumpkin pie with streusel topping recipes"
STREUSEL-TOPPED PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4/5 (121)Category DessertServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 5 mins
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix streusel ingredients.
- Sprinkle streusel over pumpkin filling. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
STREUSEL PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (4)Servings 8
- Combine 1 cup flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt in bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened. Shape dough into ball; flatten slightly.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan. Crimp or flute edge. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
ULTIMATE PUMPKIN PIE BARS WITH STREUSEL - BAKING BEAUTY
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
APPLE BUTTER PUMPKIN PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
4.4/5 (21)Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Streusel topping: In another bowl, combine brown sugar and flour then cut in cold butter until crumbly (using a pastry blender, fork or clean hands for this step). Stir in some chopped pecans and set aside.
PUMPKIN PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - COOK WITH KUSHI
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter pieces using a fork or pastry cutter until butter is evenly distributed. Small speckles or pieces of butter combined with flour, sugar and salt is what we are aiming for.
STREUSEL PUMPKIN PIE - COOKING CLASSY
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Add cold butter then using a long pronged fork or pastry curtter, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pats of butter throughout. Drizzle ice water into mixture one tablespoon at a time, while tossing with a rubber spatula and adding water just until mixture starts to come together (it shouldn't fully come together while mixing, don't overwork it, but when pressed together it should hold. You can gently knead just a couple of times if needed). Drop mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap then press and shape into about a 5 to 6-inch round disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Dust a work surface with flour then unwrap chilled dough and place on floured surface. Dust top with flour and roll out into an even 12-inch round (pinch together areas that crack on edges as rolling). Carefully fold dough in half then fold in half once more, carefully transfer dough to pie a 9-inch pie plate (I used regular not deep dish) and place tip of the triangle in center of pie plate and unfold dough to fit plate. Trim uneven edges (while still leaving about 1-inch overhang) and tuck overhang underneath and flute as desired**. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and transfer crust to refrigerator and chill 10 minutes while preparing filling.
CINNAMON STREUSEL-TOPPED PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- To prepare crust, roll dough to an 11-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute.
- To prepare streusel, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon ginger) in a bowl. Cut in butter with a fork or fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle with water, tossing with a fork just until lightly moistened.
KETO PUMPKIN PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
See details »
PUMPKIN PIE WITH WALNUT-OAT STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
- For the pie; in a large bowl mix together the sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger; add in the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk and eggs; whisk until well blended.
STREUSEL TOPPED PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - TODAY
- To make the pie: In a large mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer the first 5 ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 20 minutes. Add streusel topping and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- To make the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all of the streusel ingredients. The consistency will be crumbly. When it's time, sprinkle the topping over the top of the pie and continue baking.
PUMPKIN BARS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 219Saturated Fat 3g 15%Cholesterol 45mg 15%Total Fat 14g 18% See details »
PUMPKIN PIE WITH PECAN STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE
Calories 545Saturated Fat 9g 46%Cholesterol 84mg 28%Total Fat 27g 35% See details »
RECIPE: MAPLE PUMPKIN PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
PUMPKIN PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - BAKING BITES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER PUMPKIN PIE FILLING: TIPS & RECIPES
See details »
PUMPKIN STREUSEL BARS - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
See details »
EASY PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - FOOD RECIPES
See details »
STREUSEL TOPPED PUMPKIN PIE - EAGLE BRAND
See details »
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE STREUSEL PIE RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
See details »
PUMPKIN PIE STREUSEL RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love