RANCH STYLE BEANS
This is my attempt to copycat the canned Ranch-Style Beans. I want to keep track until I get it right. If you want to jump in and help I'd love the help!
Provided by TishT
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Wash beans and place in a large pot or kettle. Add water and remaining ingredients (except salt and tomato puree, which should be added in the last 30 minutes before beans are done). Cover and simmer for 5 to 6 hours. Check liquid level occasionally and add more water (add boiling water, never cold) as needed to keep beans covered.
- If cooked in a crock pot, (you will need extra cup of water if you did not pre-soak) and cook them on the low setting. It also may take a little longer than the 5 to 6 hours.
- Note: You can reduce cooking time by soaking beans overnight or using or (1 Hour soak method).
- Add ¼ Cup of tomato puree with additional 1 tsp brown sugar in the last hour. Adjust salt and sugar to your liking.
This recipe is served at all of our barbecues. It seems most people who live here like spicy flavorful food, and this fits the bill just right.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain, discarding liquid. Return beans to pan; add 1 qt. water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours longer.
Nutrition Facts :
RANCHO BAKED BEANS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and onions are translucent, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Mix pork and beans, kidney beans, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir hamburger mixture into bean mixture. Pour hamburger-bean mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.4 calories, Carbohydrate 45.7 g, Cholesterol 33.8 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 7.2 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 961.1 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
RANCH STYLE BEANS
Provided by Lisa Fain
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Soak the beans covered in water-either overnight or the quick soak method in which you place the beans in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, cover and remove from heat and let sit for 1 hour.
- Drain the soaked beans.
- In a cast-iron skillet heated up to medium high, cook the anchos on each side for a couple of minutes (or until they start to bubble and pop), turn off the heat and fill the skillet with warm water. Let them sit until soft and rehydrated, about half an hour.
- In the pot you'll be cooking your beans, heat up a teaspoon of canola oil and cook the onions for 5 minutes on medium. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Throw the cooked onions and garlic in a blender and add the tomatoes, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, paprika, cumin, oregano, water, hydrated ancho chiles, and salt. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the pinto beans and beef broth to the pot. On high, bring the pot to a boil and then cover; turn the heat down to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- At this time, stir in the reserved chile puree and then continue to cook the beans uncovered for another hour or until tender and the sauce has reduced. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve warm.
SIMPLE RANCH BEANS
This recipe is so easy and delicious. It is great for BBQ's and potlucks. Cook time does not include cooking the bacon. When I make these, I usually cook the bacon the day before.
Provided by Miss V
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Saute pepper and onion for 8 to 10 minutes. Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- My friend Sheri usually adds a chopped jalepeno pepper for spicier beans.
More about "ranch style beans recipes"
RANCH STYLE BEANS - THE SEASONED MOM
5/5 (1)Total Time 8 hrs 40 minsCategory Lunch or Dinner, Side DishCalories 223 per serving
- Rinse beans. Place in a large pot and cover with 7 cups of water. Let stand 6-8 hours, or overnight. Drain and return beans to pot.
- Add 1 quart (4 cups) of fresh water to the pot with the beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours (or until beans are tender). Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1 ½ hours longer (until beans are tender and gravy is thick). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- You do not need to soak the beans. Simply place the dry beans, onion, garlic, tomato paste and seasonings in the slow cooker. Add 7 cups of water and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or until the beans are tender.
RANCH STYLE BEANS - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
RANCH STYLE BEANS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
10 BEST RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CANNED RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
RANCH STYLE BEANS - PEPPERSCALE
TRADITIONAL TEXAS RANCH BEANS - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
CROCK-POT SWEET RANCH STYLE BEANS - CROCK-POT LADIES
RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RANCH STYLE BEANS …
RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPE
RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RANCH STYLE BEANS [VEGAN] - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
277 EASY AND TASTY RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
RANCH STYLE BEANS - VEGGIE HOMESTEADING
RANCH STYLE GREEN BEANS - PLAIN CHICKEN
SLOW COOKER RANCH STYLE BEANS - HIDDEN VALLEY
DELICIOUS BLACK BEANS, PINTO BEANS & MORE | RANCH STYLE BEANS
RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RECIPES USING RANCH STYLE BEANS - FOOD NEWS
RANCH STYLE BEANS - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
RANCH STYLE BEANS - 40 APRONS
RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPE | HOMESICK TEXAN | RANCH STYLE BEANS …
RANCH STYLE BEANS | RECIPELION.COM
21 RANCH STYLE COWBOY BEANS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
RANCH STYLE BEANS: 6 RECIPES AND 6 RECIPES - RECIPELAND.COM
HOW TO MAKE RANCH STYLE BEANS? — FARM & ANIMALS
RANCH CHILI BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CANNING RANCH STYLE BEANS - SBCANNING.COM - HOMEMADE …
RANCH STYLE BEANS - COOKING WITH THE COWBOY
RANCH STYLE BEANS - 300,000+ RECIPES & MEAL PLANS
LATEST NEWS AND MEDIA INFORMATION RANCH-STYLE BEANS RECIPE: …
RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOMEMADE RANCH STYLE BEANS | CHICKENS IN THE ROAD
EASY RANCH STYLE BEANS RECIPE (INSTANT POT, SLOW COOKER OR STOVE …
7 RANCH STYLE BEANS SUBSTITUTE - KITCHENFEEDS
RANCH-STYLE BEANS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
RECIPE FOR RANCH BEANS » KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
7 EASY RANCH STYLE BEANS SUBSTITUTE INGREDIENTS - THEEATDOWN
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #beans #crock-pot-slow-cooker #stove-top #copycat #novelty #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What ingredients do you need to make Texas ranch style beans?You will need the following ingredients to make this Traditional Texas Ranch Style Beans Recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Pinto Beans, Yellow Onion, Garlic Cloves, Vegetable Oil, Diced Tomatoes, Ground Dry Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, Chili Powder, Ground Black Pepper, Dried Oregano, Ground Ginger, Molasses, Salt and Hot Sauce.
How to Cook Ranch beans for a cookout?These Traditional Texas Ranch Beans make a great side dish for your next cookout. Best plan ahead as the beans need to soak overnight. In a large pot, add the pinto beans. Cover the beans with water ensuring at least 2 inches of water above the beans. Let the beans soak overnight. Drain and rinse well.
What are ranch-style beans?Ranch-style beans are a Western staple for a reason. Filling, rich, and loaded with flavor thanks to spices, this recipe will give you some ranch-style beans that will make you feel like you are sitting in front of a campfire on the prairie. For more similar delicious bean recipes, try my Calico beans or try Cowboy Beans!
Is there a slow cooker for ranch beans?Each bite has just the perfect amount of seasoning and the slow cooker does all the work. The Ranch Beans Recipe is finally here! Who doesn’t love ranch beans?