MELBA SAUCE RECIPE
Melba Sauce is an awesome add-on for waffles, ice cream, and pancakes. It is thick, tasty, and deliciously sweetened.
Provided by Yamini Rathore
Categories Dips and Sauces
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Take a saucepan, add sugar, raspberry puree, and red currant jelly.
- Simmer and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- After that add a teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with cold water.
- Keep stirring while it simmers and ensure the jelly gets melted, sugar gets dissolved and the mixture is tender.
- In order to extract its juice, use a mesh strainer allowing the juice to escape into a glass measuring cup as well as throw away seeds and pulp.
- Store it in an airtight jar and cool it down.
- Serve it as a dessert toppings
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50 kcal, Sodium 5 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Sugar 10 g, ServingSize 1 serving
FRESH RASPBERRY SAUCE
This stuff is so beautiful and delicious, you and your Valentine may not even need the cake. This will absolutely work even if you use frozen raspberries, but nothing compares to the flavor of the sauce if you can somehow find and use fresh raspberries.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine raspberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until raspberries break down, sugar dissolves, and sauce is heated through, 3 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Cool to room temperature, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sugar 6.9 g
- Combine the raspberries, sugar, and orange juice in a saucepan. Whisk the cornstarch into the cold water until smooth. Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the desired consistency is reached. The sauce will thicken further as it cools.
- Puree the sauce in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender and strain it through a fine sieve. Serve warm or cold. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 1.1 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
It's simple to prepare a memorable dessert for just you and someone else. Straight from our Test Kitchen, this yummy classic features fresh peaches and a super delicious raspberry sauce for drizzling. Idea: An easy way to peel peaches is to lower them into boiling water and cook them for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool slightly and remove skin with a knife. Poaching peaches in syrup is a great way to soften peaches that are not yet ripe.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Reduce heat to low. Place peach halves cut side up in pan; cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Cool peaches in syrup for 30 minutes. , Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and place cut side down in a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until chilled., In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat raspberry jam for 20 seconds; stir until smooth. Place peach halves cut side up in dessert dishes. Top with ice cream; drizzle with jam.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 27mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (47g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
A versatile raspberry sauce. Can be used in Peach Melba, Raspberry Fool, or even drizzled over a piece of pound cake. **Tips below.
Provided by Debbwl
Yield 1 1/4 cups, 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Thaw raspberries.
- Place in medium saucepan. Cover and gently simmer 15 minutes. Put through a fine strainer into a glass measuring cup, pressing gently to extract as much juice as possible. Discard seeds and pulp.
- Add water to juice, if necessary to make 2/3 cup. Return juice to clean pan. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer and stir until jelly melts, sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into an airtight jar. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- **For a thicker sauce, either add more jelly or do not dilute juice from raspberries.
- **If sauce becomes too thick, add water, bring to a boil and stir until smooth.
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE
- Puree all the ingredients, then pass through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Place the package of raspberries, the granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 4 minutes. Pour the cooked raspberries, the jam, and Framboise into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process until smooth. Chill.
RASPBERRY LEMON SEMIFREDDO WITH MELBA SAUCE
For a fabulous finish to your meal, serve this beautiful Semifreddo (semi frozen) dessert - sliced, then drizzled wih a delicate raspberry Melba sauce. Every bite is worth celebating!!
Provided by Chef mariajane
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- SEMIFREDDO: In a mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and whipping cream. Beat on high speed until thickened and soft peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon mixture into a plastic wrapped 9x5-inch loaf pan. Freeze for 4-5 hours, or until firm. Cover if freezing overnight.
- SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine raspberries, raspberry jam, orange juice and sugar. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, cooking until raspberries are very soft, about 8 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, with water and mix thoroughly. Add to raspberry mixture, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat . Strain through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, unmold semifreddo from pan. Cut into slices and spoon over melba sauce.
- MAKE AHEAD:.
- Semifreddo can be wrapped well and frozen for up to five days. Melba Sauce can be covered and refrigerated two days ahead or frozen for two weeks.
- TIPS: Spray loaf pan before fitting with plastic wrap. This helps wrap stay in place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397, Fat 14.4, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 53.5, Sodium 66.4, Carbohydrate 65.4, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 55.7, Protein 4.3
RASPBERRY PEACH MELBA DESSERT
The fruity sauce for this delightful dessert can be served warm or chilled. So it's perfect anytime-even when you need to put a meal on the table in a hurry.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a saucepan, bring peaches, raspberries, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Chill if desired. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts :
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE
Provided by á-170456
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Puree all the ingredients, then pass through a strainer to remove the seeds. This recipe yields 2 cups. Nutritional Analysis Per 2-tablespoon Serving: 61 calories, 15g carbohydrates, no protein, no fat, no cholesterol.
NOT-SO-CLASSIC PEACH MELBA
A classic peach Melba is a dessert of poached peach halves and raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream, invented by the French chef Auguste Escoffier, and named after the Australian soprano Nellie Melba. This not-so-classic version calls for sliced ripe peaches instead of cooked peach halves. Look for the best vanilla ice cream, with real vanilla, or make your own. Easy to assemble, it's a lovely, refreshing and elegant dessert, perfect for when peaches and raspberries are in season.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories ice creams and sorbets, dessert
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Make the raspberry sauce: Put 1 cup raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender and whiz to liquify. Pour through a fine-meshed strainer and into a medium bowl. Keep cool.
- Using a paring knife, peel and halve the peaches. Slice the halves into half-moon pieces about 3/8-inch thick. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons sugar and a few drops of lemon juice to taste. Toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange peach slices in the bottom of 6 dessert bowls. Top each serving with a scoop or 2 of vanilla ice cream. Splash raspberry sauce over each portion. Garnish with a few raspberries if you wish.
More about "raspberry melba sauce recipes"
CLASSIC MELBA SAUCE RECIPE BY ADMIN | IFOOD.TV
POACHED PEACHES WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE AND VANILLA ICE …
WHAT IS MELBA SAUCE? AND HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network Kitchen
PEACH ICE WITH RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEACH MELBA FRENCH TOAST WITH CUSTARD CREAM RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY RASPBERRY DESSERT SAUCE | DESSARTS
CLASSIC PEACH MELBA RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
PEACH MELBA WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PEACH MELBA - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
MELBA SAUCE FROM MORE RHODES AROUND BRITAIN BY GARY RHODES
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
PEACH MELBA WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE – TAMMY CIRCEO - CHEZ NOUS
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | MELBA SAUCE …
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SWEET YOUR HEART OUT: RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE - BLOGGER
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MELBA SAUCE RECIPE FROM LEITHS HOW TO COOK BY LEITHS SCHOOL OF …
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE BUY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WHAT IS MELBA SAUCE? (WITH PICTURES) - WISEGEEK
PEACH MELBA PIE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
10 BEST RASPBERRY SAUCE MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
RAVNEET GILL’S RECIPE FOR PEACH MELBA ICE-CREAM | THE SWEET SPOT
RASPBERRY PEACH MELBA WITH OATMEAL COOKIE STREUSEL
MELBA (RASPBERRY) SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
MANGO MELBA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE – NORTHRICHLANDHILLSDENTISTRY
PEACH MELBA ICE CREAM WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE - FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
RASPBERRY SAUCE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE - INFORMATION ABOUT DIABETES
IMPOSSIBLY DELICIOUS PEACH MELBA | 12 TOMATOES
RASPBERRY MELBA SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES
HOMEMADE PEACH MELBA STREUSEL PIE (PEACHES AND RASPBERRIES)
EASY AND NOT JUST FOR SOPRANOS! - SIMPLE VEGETARIAN DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Melba sauce?Making Melba Sauce is so easy when you start with raspberry jam instead of whole fresh raspberries. Empty the contents of a jar of raspberry preserves into a saucepan and add 1/2 cup red currant jelly and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Simmer for 10 minutes to meld the flavors, then immediately strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
Can you use raspberries in Peach Melba sauce?Can be used in Peach Melba, Raspberry Fool, or even drizzled over a piece of pound cake. **Tips below. MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO Join the conversation! AMT. PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Thaw raspberries. Place in medium saucepan. Cover and gently simmer 15 minutes.
How do you make raspberry jelly sauce?Pour into an airtight jar. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. **For a thicker sauce, either add more jelly or do not dilute juice from raspberries. **If sauce becomes too thick, add water, bring to a boil and stir until smooth. “A versatile raspberry sauce.
What is the best way to cook raspberries?Combine raspberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until raspberries break down, sugar dissolves, and sauce is heated through, 3 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Cool to room temperature, cover the bowl with plastic wrap,...