Simply stunning for spring, prep the tart dough in advance for this make-ahead recipe. Next, create a jammy filling made from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. From here, all you need to do is bake, slice, and serve!
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Crust: Lightly beat yolk and 2 tablespoons ice water in a small bowl until combined.
- Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 15 seconds. With machine running, add yolk mixture in a slow, steady stream. Pulse until mixture holds together; if dough is still too dry, add additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Shape dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with racks in middle and bottom. Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Let dough stand until pliable. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough slightly thicker than 1/8 inch. Cut out an 11-inch round. Fit into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Filling: Stir together rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Pour into tart shell. Bake, with a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet on bottom rack to catch juices, until bubbling in center, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. (If browning too quickly, tent with foil during last 15 minutes.) Remove from oven. Release sides of pan immediately. Let tart cool on pan base on a wire rack before cutting into wedges and serving warm or room temperature.
RHUBARB TART WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST
Here's a perfect ending to a grilled summer meal! Between the creamy texture, the pretty color and the buttery crust, this recipe is simply delightful. -Emily Seefeldt, Red Wing, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened and rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until mixture is smooth; set aside., For crust, place the flour, pecans, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned., Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, zest and rhubarb mixture until blended. Add butter; cook until butter is melted, whisking constantly. Stir in food coloring if desired; pour into prepared crust., Bake at 350° 12-15 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts :
FRENCH RHUBARB TART
Take your time with this pretty in pink dessert and you'll have a fruit pie worthy of any Parisian patisserie shop window
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cut the rhubarb into 10.5cm batons, using pieces that are roughly the same width. Put the vanilla pod, sugar, lemon juice and 300ml water (or enough to just cover the rhubarb) in a wide frying pan or shallow casserole set over a low heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the rhubarb and simmer for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and leave to cool in the syrup, preferably overnight, or for at least 1 hr. This way your rhubarb should be perfectly cooked, but still hold its shape.
- To make the pastry, put the flour, almonds, sugar and butter in a food processor. Blitz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. While the motor is running, add the egg yolk and dribble in 1-2 tbsp cold water. Tip onto a work surface and knead briefly to bring the mixture together to form a dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 mins.
- While your pastry chills, make the crème patisserie. Heat the milk and reserved vanilla seeds in a pan set over a medium heat until nearly boiling. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and flours together in a large bowl until pale. Continue whisking while you pour the hot milk over the egg mixture. Wipe out the saucepan and strain the liquid back into the pan through a sieve. Set over a medium-low heat and stir continuously until the mixture has a thick custard consistency. Scrape into a clean bowl, cover the surface with cling film to prevent a skin from forming and chill for at least 1 hr or up to 2 days.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge. If it is a little hard, leave it at room temperature to soften for 10 mins or so. Roll out to 1mm thick on a lightly floured surface. Use the pastry to line a 12 x 35cm fluted rectangular tart tin, making sure you press the pastry into the fluted edges (you can use the blunt end of a knife to help you do this). Leave any excess pastry overhanging. Chill for 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Remove the pastry case from the fridge, line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Blind-bake for 20 mins, then remove the parchment and beans, and continue baking for 8 mins more until pale golden and biscuity. Use a sharp serrated knife to trim off the overhanging pastry to give you a clean edge. Cool in the tin.
- Remove the rhubarb pieces from their syrup and set aside. Return the syrup to the hob and boil until thick and sticky. Leave to cool slightly. To finish the crème patisserie, whisk the cream until it holds soft peaks and fold this into the chilled mixture. This is easier if you start by beating in a little cream and then folding in the remaining.
- Remove the pastry case from the tin and put on a plate. Fill with the crème patisserie and smooth over the surface. Carefully line up the rhubarb down the length of the tart case, trying to fit them in quite snugly. Use a pastry brush to glaze the tart with the rhubarb syrup. Chill for 30 mins before serving. This tart will keep for 3 days in the fridge, however it is best eaten on the day it is made.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 447 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 15 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 41 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
CREAMY RHUBARB TARTS
Puff pastry makes these rhubarb tarts mouthwateringly delicate. Use your favourite fruit of the season
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 4
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Roll the pastry out thinly and, using a plate or cutter, cut out 4 circles about 14cm in diameter. Use a slightly smaller cutter to cut a circle out of the middle and trim away the outside border, reserving these trimmings.
- Lay the 4 circles on a baking sheet, prick all over with a fork and brush the edges with egg. Use the pastry trimmings to make a border around the edge like a vol-au-vent and press down gently with your thumb. Chill until needed. This can be done up to 1 day ahead or frozen for up to 1 month.
- In a small bowl, mix the demerara sugar with the crème fraîche and spread a thin amount over the base of each tart. Neatly arrange slices of rhubarb, overlapping in a floral pattern, over the crème fraîche, then dust generously with icing sugar. Bake the tarts for 20 mins until puffed up and golden. Leave to rest for a few mins and eat warm with a scoop of ice cream, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 14 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.54 milligram of sodium
- Mix flour, salt and powdered sugar in processor. Add butter and cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolks and process briefly to blend. Add enough water by tablespoonfuls until mixture forms moist clumps. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch diameter round. Transfer to 9inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Trim crust overhang to 1/4-inch. Fold overhang in, creating double thick sides. Freeze crust 15 minutes. Line crust with foil. Fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake until sides are set, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake crust until golden brown, piercing with fork if bubbles form, about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to rack. Brush crust with jam. Cool completely. Combine sugar, water, brandy, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Add rhubarb and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover pan and simmer until rhubarb begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Let stand covered until rhubarb is tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover and cool completely. Using slotted spoon, remove rhubarb from cooking liquid and arrange decoratively in crust. Boil cooking liquid until reduced to glaze consistency. Brush glaze over rhubarb.;
- For crust:
- Mix flour and salt in processor. Add butter and cut in, using off/on turns, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add sugar and egg yolks and process briefly to blend. Add 2 tablespoons water and process just until moist clumps form. If dough is dry, add more water by teaspoonfuls to moisten. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated. Let soften slightly at room temperature before rolling.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough disk on floured surface 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Trim crust overhang to 1/4 inch. Fold overhang in, creating double-thick sides. Freeze tart crust 15 minutes.
- Line crust with foil. Fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake until sides are set, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake until crust is golden brown, piercing with fork if bubbles form, about 15 minutes. Brush crust with jam and bake until jam is set, about 5 minutes more. Transfer pan to rack and cool.
- For filling:
- Combine sugar and water in heavy large skillet over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon peel and cinnamon stick. Increase heat and bring to boil. Add rhubarb and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan and simmer until rhubarb is just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Let stand covered until rhubarb is tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover and cool completely.
- Using slotted spoon, remove rhubarb from cooking liquid and arrange in concentric circles in crust. Strain cooking liquid into heavy small saucepan. Boil liquid until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Cool syrup completely. Spoon syrup over rhubarb. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
More about "rhubarb tart recipes"
VIBRANT RHUBARB TART WITH LEMON & STRAWBERRIES — ZESTFUL ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 485 per serving
- Spread lemon curd into par baked and cooled tart crust. Set tart pan on baking sheet and bake until filling is shiny and opaque and center jiggles slightly when shaken, 8–10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
RHUBARB TARTS - THRIFTY FOODS
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr
RHUBARB CREAM TART RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
RHUBARB RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
ALSATIAN RHUBARB TART RECIPE - JEAN-GEORGES VONGERICHTEN ...
- In a food processor, combine the flour with the sugar and salt. Add the butter and pulse just until it is the size of peas. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with the ice water. Drizzle the egg mixture over the dough and pulse just until evenly moistened; do not let it form a ball. Turn the dough out onto a work surface, gather it together and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the rhubarb with 1/2 cup of the sugar; transfer to a strainer. Set it over the bowl and refrigerate overnight to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 14-inch round. Fit the pastry into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and trim the overhanging pastry.
- Line the pastry with foil and fill with pie weights, dried beans or rice. Bake the tart shell in the lower third of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the pastry is set. Carefully remove the foil and weights and bake the shell for about 10 minutes, or until cooked and the bottom is lightly golden.
BEST RHUBARB TART RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A RHUBARB TART ...
Servings 10Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat sugar, butter, cream cheese, and lemon zest until smooth.
SUPER EASY RHUBARB TARTS - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
4.4/5 (53)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- For the filling add the rhubarb, cornstarch and sugar to a small saucepan. Cook stirring occasionally until the rhubarb breaks down, about 5 min. Set aside to cool and then refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, fill each tart with about a heaping tsp. of rhubarb, dividing among the 12 tarts. Top with whipped cream and a small basil or mint leaf.
RHUBARB TART RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCalories 304 per serving
- To make the filling: Combine 6 cups rhubarb, sugar and orange zest in a wide heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer gently. Cook, stirring often to prevent scorching, until the puree has reduced to about 1 2/3 cups, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer the puree to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- To make the crust: Position rack in lower third of oven and set a large baking sheet on it; preheat to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 10-inch removable-bottom tart pan or coat it with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Cook, swirling the pan, until the butter turns a nutty brown, about 30 seconds. Pour the butter into a small bowl; stir in oil. Using a fork, slowly stir the butter-oil mixture into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly. Gradually stir in enough ice water so that the dough holds together and is not at all crumbly. Press the dough into a flattened disk.
- Place two overlapping lengths of plastic wrap on the work surface. Set the dough in the center and cover with two more overlapping sheets of plastic wrap. With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 14-inch circle. Remove the top sheets and invert the dough into the prepared tart pan. Gently press the dough into the pan. Remove the remaining plastic wrap. Fold in the overhanging edge of the crust to form a sturdy edge, patching any thin spots with scraps.
RHUBARB TARTLETS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.1/5 (8)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsServings 8
- To make the dough: Mix the sugar, butter, salt, and baking powder., Add the flour; mix until crumbly., In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, egg, and vanilla., Add to the flour mixture and stir until the dough is cohesive., Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour., To make the filling: Combine 3 cups of the rhubarb, the sugar, vanilla, and ClearJel or flour in a heavy saucepan., Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the rhubarb breaks down.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the remaining rhubarb, and cool., To make the topping: Combine the flour, sugar, and salt., Work in the butter to make pea-sized crumbs., Add the pistachios, stirring to combine.
- Place eight English muffin rings on a parchment-lined baking sheet., To assemble and bake the tartlets: Roll the dough 1/8" thick.
RHUBARB TART | EASY PUFF PASTRY DESSERT RECIPE
5/5 (1)Category DessertServings 12Total Time 40 mins
- Bring the 2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water to a gentle boil until the sugar is dissolved.Add the lemon, vanilla paste, and rhubarb and simmer about 5 minutes.Cover and remove from heat for 20 minutes.Drain the juice (save for Margarita's...yum!) and place the rhubarb into the fridge to cool before placing on the cheese.
- Press the puff pastry into the bottom of your pan and up the sides. Do not worry about using a fancy pan, the puff pastry will hold its shape regardless of the pan you use.Bake according to package directions.When slightly cooled, gently press the pastry down so that it creates a shell for your filling. Cool completely.Beat the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla paste, and salt together until fluffy (about 5 minutes).Spread the cheese filling into the cooled puff pastry and top with the cooled rhubarb. Delicious!
SIMPLE RHUBARB TART - IZY HOSSACK - TOP WITH CINNAMON
4.2/5 (40)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Very finely chop the pistachios (or pulse in a food processor). Place in a small bowl with the sugar and mix well.
RHUBARB TART | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory DessertsTotal Time 35 mins
RHUBARB TART RECIPE: A HOMEMADE, SIMPLE, AND TRADITIONAL ...
Author IontachEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
RHUBARB TART RECIPE - JOYOFBAKING.COM *TESTED RECIPE*
Total Time 20 mins
RHUBARB TART | TENDERFLAKE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
RECIPE - RHUBARB CUSTARD TART - LCBO
RHUBARB TART RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
50 SWEET AND TART RHUBARB DESSERT RECIPES I TASTE OF HOME
RHUBARB PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a rhubarb tart from pastry?Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of the mixture over pastry in the pie dish. Heap rhubarb over this mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour. Dot with small knobs of butter. Cover the top with pastry, and pinch together with the bottom sheet of pastry around the edges of the dish.
What kind of Jam to use for rhubarb tart?The rhubarb tart is good, but more work than my favourite rhubarb custard pie recipe. I used strawberry jam instead of apricot jam with good results. My husband is from Ireland and likes his rhubarb tart TART! He loves this tart as is. If you want it a little sweeter add 1/2 pound of strawberries and 1 1/2 pounds of rhubarb.
How to make rhubarb tarts with demerara sugar?In a small bowl, mix the demerara sugar with the crème fraîche and spread a thin amount over the base of each tart. Neatly arrange slices of rhubarb, overlapping in a floral pattern, over the crème fraîche, then dust generously with icing sugar. Bake the tarts for 20 mins until puffed up and golden.
What to make with rhubarb and strawberries?Rhubarb strawberry tart recipe with instructions for a classic fruit tart or a rustic galette tart made with fresh rhubarb and strawberries. Combine the diced rhubarb and strawberry in a bowl, add the lemon juice, sugar and tapioca or corn starch.