- Trim the bottom inch or two off the asparagus.
- Cut spears in half crosswise.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Add asparagus.
- Toss well.
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic.
- Toss well for one to two minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 55.9, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 597.5, Carbohydrate 4.9, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 1.5, Protein 2.8
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 471.4 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
For a simple side dish, try Ina Garten's Roasted Asparagus from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; the recipe uses only asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely. Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for 25 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH HOLLANDAISE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus. Spread the spears in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roll to coat thoroughly. Roast the asparagus until lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolk, lemon juice, and cayenne in a blender. Pulse a couple times to combine.
- Put the butter in a small microwave proof bowl and heat in a microwave until just melted. With the blender running, gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth frothy sauce. If the sauce is really thick blend in a teaspoon of lukewarm water to loosen it up. Season with the salt and serve immediately or keep warm in a small heat-proof bowl set over hot (but not simmering) water until ready to serve.
- Spread the roasted asparagus on a serving platter. Grind a generous amount of pepper over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173 calorie, Fat 17 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place asparagus in a shallow 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with vinegar just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 31.7 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray. Place asparagus in the dish and lightly spray spears with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and garlic powder.
- Roast in preheated oven until fork easily punctures thickest part of stem, about 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 660.1 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
AIR FRYER ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line the basket with parchment paper.
- Place asparagus spears in the air fryer basket and mist with avocado oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, pink Himalayan salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Air fry until asparagus spears start to char, 7 to 9 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 8.8 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 739.2 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SPEARS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread out asparagus spears in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Shake roasting pan gently so asparagus is completely coated in oil.
- Roast in oven until spears are just tender. Cooking time will depend on thickness of asparagus, about 10 minutes for medium-thick asparagus. Pencil asparagus will take much less time; thick stalks will take more. Shake pan halfway through cooking time to keep spears from sticking. Just before serving, drizzle asparagus with olive oil and adjust seasoning.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS TIPS
- Pile asparagus onto a baking sheet. Combine lemon, shallot, extra-virgin olive oil and tarragon. Pour the dressing over the asparagus and turn to coat spears in fat. Season the asparagus with salt and pepper and roast 15 to 17 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remove asparagus from oven and toss with a squirt of lemon.
Need some vibrant spring greens to go with your main meal? Try our super simple roasted asparagus recipe to showcase seasonal veg at its finest
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Snap any woody tips off the asparagus where they naturally break apart. Put on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12 mins until they are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
THE BEST ROASTED ASPARAGUS
The perfect roasted asparagus should be lightly browned and tender, yet bright green and crisp. Roasting the spears at a high temperature helps achieve this. We also browned grated Parmesan to make a nutty, crumbly frico topping. Wait until ready to serve to top the vegetables so the crisped cheese stays crunchy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Put the asparagus, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Toss to coat evenly. Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned and tender, but still bright green.
- Meanwhile, spread the Parmesan evenly in the bottom of a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook undisturbed until the cheese melts, sticks together and turns golden brown, about 2 minutes, then flip with a rubber spatula and cook until golden on the second side, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the frico to a wire rack-lined baking sheet to cool completely, about 2 minutes. Break the frico into small crumbles and put in a small bowl. Add the lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and toss to combine.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter and squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the top. Top with the crumbled frico mixture.
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Lay the asparagus on a long double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Spread the spears into a single layer. Fold the edges of the foil to make a tray. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes. Carefully toss the spears with tongs and roast just until tender and tips begin to brown, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with the zest, salt, nutmeg, and pepper, to taste, and toss to evenly distribute. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
More about "roasted asparagus spears recipes"
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCategory SidesCalories 51 per serving
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and turn the spears to coat them evenly. Sprinkle the single layer of asparagus with a pinch or two of salt.
- Roast until the spears are tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, 8 to 10 minutes for medium spears. (If you're roasting skinny spring asparagus whose spears are no wider in diameter than a pencil, best to check the spears after about 4 minutes. If you're stuck with whoppingly thick spears, let 'em go for at least 12 minutes, maybe more.)
- Leave the asparagus in the oven and turn the broiler to high. Broil until the asparagus is lightly browned in spots, 3 to 4 minutes. Watch it carefully so the asparagus doesn’t burn. Serve immediately.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - WITH 8 SEASONING IDEAS ...
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 17 mins
- Hold one spear of asparagus with a hand at each end and bend it until it snaps into two pieces. Discard the woody stem end that snapped off. Repeat this process with the remaining asparagus. Or, line up the rest of the asparagus next to the trimmed one and use a sharp chef's knife to trim off the ends so that the spears are the same length as the first one.
- Place the asparagus spears on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer, with a little room between each spear if possible.
GARLIC-ROASTED ASPARAGUS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (275)Calories 64 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Place asparagus and garlic in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring once halfway through roasting. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
ROASTED GARLIC PARMESAN ASPARAGUS SPEARS - HEALTHY SIDE DISH
4.2/5 (5)Category RecipesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 17 mins See details »
RECIPE: OVEN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS SPEARS – CLEVELAND CLINIC
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs See details »
ROASTED ASPARAGUS + 3 TOPPING IDEAS | EATING BIRD FOOD
4.9/5 (8)Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Side
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
BEST OVEN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ROASTED ...
5/5 (4)Category Christmas, Thanksgiving, Main Dish, Side DishServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. After you wash the asparagus thoroughly, stack a bunch together and lop off the tough/thick bottom an inch or so.
- Begin by generously drizzling olive oil all over the asparagus and then sprinkle the asparagus generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine American
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the spears with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread them on to the baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the spears are lightly crisp and tender. Squeeze with lemon and serve.
QUICK AND EASY OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - GOOD CHEAP EATS
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 88 per serving
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Line up your spears in a single layer. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. The cooking time will depend on how thick your asparagus spears are. Very thin spears will cook quickly while thicker spears will take longer to cook.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-LEMON SAUCE RECIPE
5/5 (12)Calories 60 per servingServings 6
- Combine asparagus, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and garlic in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Arrange asparagus mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, rind, juice, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Arrange asparagus on a platter; drizzle juice mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with parsley.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS | READY SET EAT
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 4Total Time 15 mins See details »
ROAST ASPARAGUS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory Side DishesServings 4 See details »
ROASTED FROZEN ASPARAGUS - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 3Cuisine Not SetCategory Side Dish See details »
6 WAYS TO MAKE FROZEN ASPARAGUS INTO SOMETHING DELICIOUS ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
HOW TO ROAST ASPARAGUS - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 10 mins See details »
You'll also love