WHOLE ROASTED SHALLOTS AND POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY
I wanted to roast shallots the other day and found this recipe on the back of the package. I'm so glad I tried it, it smells wonderful too! We had it with roast chicken, but I'm sure it would go equally well with roast lamb or beef.
Provided by -Sylvie-
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- In a large baking tray mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar (you can leave the balsamic vinegar out if you don't have any or don't like it), add the whole twigs of rosemary.
- Add the shallots and potatoes, stir so everything gets coated well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Depending on the size of the vegetables and your oven, they might take a little less or longer, according to some reviews it might be worth checking after about 45 minutes.
- Stir once or twice while roasting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.1, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 38.6, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 3.1, Protein 4.8
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in lowest position.
- Toss shallots with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13-by 9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to shallots.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are crusty, 40 to 50 minutes.
ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the potatoes with the shallots in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients; toss to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and roast for about 30 minutes, mixing about halfway through.
RACK OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roast the potatoes on a flat sheet pan until almost cooked through, approximately 20 minutes. Allow the potatoes to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes, or until they can be easily handled.
- With a paring knife, remove the skins of the potatoes without cutting into the potato itself. Place the peeled potatoes into a bowl. Combine the oil and rosemary. Place half of the mixture into the bowl of potatoes and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Return the potatoes to the sheet pan. Rub the lamb with the remaining half of the oil and rosemary mixture. Season with salt and pepper. In a heated saute pan, or on a hot grill, sear the loins on all sides. Place the potatoes and lamb in the preheated oven (on separate pans).
- Combine seasoned rice wine vinegar and minced shallots in a small bowl.
- When internal temperature of the lamb is 120 degrees, remove the lamb and let it rest for about 5 to 7 minutes. When lamb has rested, the potatoes will be ready. Toss them in the oil in which they were cooked to prevent dryness and ensure even seasoning.
- Pour the juices from the lamb into the bowl containing the shallots and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. While constantly whisking, slowly pour in 1/4 cup of olive oil. To present, arrange the potatoes on plate, slightly off center. Use vegetables of your choice and place next to potatoes. Slice lamb into 4 equal-sized pieces. Fan the pieces using the bone for height in presentation. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
ROAST BEEF WITH NEW POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes and shallots with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Push vegetables to edges of baking sheet; place roast in the center. Turn roast to coat with oil on pan, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing potatoes and shallots occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 130 degrees; for medium-rare, 40 to 50 minutes. Let beef rest 10 minutes, loosely covered with aluminum foil, before slicing and serving with potatoes and shallots.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 g, Fat 13 g, Protein 45 g, SaturatedFat 3 g
ROASTED RED POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND FRESH HERBS
Yet another roasted potato recipe, I know! I love potatoes, so I am always looking for another way to prepare them. This one is a little different and tastes amazing. This recipe is easily doubled for a large group of people. It can also be prepared ahead of time, just cover and refrigerate, then reheat in a 400ºF oven for 6-9 min, stirring occasionally. **If using dried herbs, only use 1 tsp.
Provided by SkinnyMinnie
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Oil a large baking sheet.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, shallots, thyme, rosemary, and fennel seeds together in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to the prepared sheet, spreading in a single layer.
- Reserve oil mixture in the bowl.
- Roast the potatoes until tender and golden, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Return potatoes to reserved oil mixture in bowl and toss again. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate. Transfer to a baking sheet and rewarm in a 400ºF oven about 6-9 min, stirring occasionally).
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with some fresh herbs and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.9, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 2, Sodium 21.9, Carbohydrate 55.5, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 3.4, Protein 6.7
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH MUSHROOMS AND SHALLOTS
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Whisk chicken or vegetable broth, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in small bowl. Mix sweet potatoes, shallots, bay leaves, and 1 tablespoon marjoram in large bowl. Pour half of broth mixture over and toss; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss mushrooms, 1 tablespoon marjoram, and remaining broth mixture in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread sweet potato mixture on baking sheet. Roast until potatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Mix in mushrooms. Return to oven; roast until potatoes and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes longer. Transfer to bowl. Mix in parsley and 1 teaspoon marjoram.
ROASTED POTATOES, CARROTS AND SHALLOTS WITH ROSEMARY
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine potatoes, carrots, shallots and oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer vegetables to roasting pan. Roast until vegetables are almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Add rosemary and roast until vegetables are golden brown and tender, about 15 minutes longer. Transfer vegetables to bowl.
ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND SAGE
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook butter and fresh sage in small saucepan over medium-heat until butter simmers and is well flavored with sage, about 4 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with dried sage and 2 tablespoons sage butter in bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer potatoes to 2 baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes.
- Toss shallots in same bowl with 1 tablespoon sage butter. Season with salt and pepper. Divide shallots between baking sheets. Roast until potatoes and shallots are tender and golden, turning occasionally, about 35 minutes longer. Transfer potatoes and shallots to large bowl. Add remaining sage butter; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
MUSTARD-CRUSTED ROAST NEW POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND GARLIC
A flavour packed roast potato recipe which results in crisp and crunchy little new potatoes with caramelised shallots in a wholegrain mustard crust. Wonderful for dinner parties as well as BBQ's. These are SO easy to prepare, no peeling required and they can be prepared ahead of time; just let them sit in the mustard and oil marinade until they need to be roasted..
Provided by French Tart
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Par-boil the potatoes for 3 to 5 minutes and then drain well.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl with the oil, mustard, salt, pepper, shallots and garlic and mix well.
- Toss the potatoes well so they are all evenly coated with the seasonings, oil and mustard.
- Transfer them to a roasting tray and roast them in the pre-heated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until the mustard forms a golden crust and the potatoes are crisp and cooked.
- Gently toss them in the tin before serving hot with chicken, sausages, roasts, stews or with burgers and pies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201, Fat 10.3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 10, Carbohydrate 25.4, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 1, Protein 3.1
SALT-ROASTED POTATOES, SHALLOTS, AND CHESTNUTS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 cup salt into a 2-quart baking dish. Stand potatoes, chestnuts, and shallots upright in salt, nestled together with rosemary in between. Pour remaining 2 cups salt over top; shake dish gently to distribute evenly. Cover with parchment-lined foil and bake until potatoes and shallots are tender, about 2 hours. Keep covered at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Remove potatoes, chestnuts, and shallots from dish, rubbing off any large bits of salt. Discard salt and rosemary. Slice potatoes and shallots in half (or quarters, if large) and arrange on a serving platter with chestnuts (also cut in half, if large). Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
YUKON GOLD MASHED POTATOES WITH ROASTED SHALLOTS
Roasted shallots and fresh thyme give these potatoes an added depth of flavor. Preparation time is 20 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
Provided by Robyn Webb
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the shallots, oil, broth, thyme, pepper and salt in a small casserole dish. Cover and roast until the shallots are very soft and brown, about 45 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and place the potatoes back in the pot over low heat to dry.
- Heat the milk over medium low heat. Add it to the potatoes and beat with a mixer. Add the roasted shallots and beat again until potatoes are smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 60.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
ROASTED POTATOES AND CARROTS
These roasted potatoes and carrots are very easy and tasty.
Provided by Reem Chavez
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Put potatoes and carrots into a baking pan. Add olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, and chili powder; mix until well combined.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender when poked with a fork, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.5 calories, Carbohydrate 44.2 g, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 1016.9 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
ROASTED POTATOES, SHALLOTS, AND KALE WITH CARAMELIZED GARLIC DRESSING
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Quarter potatoes and in a bowl toss with shallots, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking pan.
- Wrap garlic tightly in foil and put in pan with potatoes.
- In a large bowl toss kale with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and salt and pepper to taste until combined well. Arrange kale in one layer in another shallow baking pan. Roast kale, potato mixture, and garlic in middle and bottom thirds of oven, switching position of pans in oven halfway through roasting and stirring vegetables occasionally, until potato mixture is golden brown and tender, kale is crisp, and garlic is soft, about 15 minutes. Transfer vegetables (except garlic) to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Carefully remove garlic from foil and peel. In small bowl with a fork mash garlic with vinegar until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to vegetables and toss. Potatoes may be made 4 hours ahead.
- Serve potatoes hot or at room temperature.
More about "roasted potatoes and shallots recipes"
THYME ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE | COOKING …
Servings 4Calories 129 per serving
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 475°F (leave pan in oven as it preheats).
- Add potato mixture to pan; bake at 475°F for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, stirring once after 7 minutes.
ROASTED POTATOES WITH TOMATO AND SHALLOT - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED GARLIC AND CARAMELIZED SHALLOT MASHED POTATOES ...
ROASTED CARROTS POTATOES AND SHALLOTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
ROASTED POTATO, SHALLOT AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD RECIPE
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES AND SHALLOTS - WOMAN'S DAY
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS | A HINT OF HONEY
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED GARLIC & SHALLOT POTATO SOUP & CHEESY CROUTONS RECIPE
ROAST POTATOES WITH THYME, SHALLOTS AND GARLIC - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
BACON-ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPY SHALLOT ROASTED POTATOES - TASTEFULLY GRACE
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS - GOING MY WAYZ
CRISPY ROASTED PURPLE POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND CHIVES
ROASTED SHALLOTS AND POTATOES - TASTYCOOKERY
ROASTED SHALLOTS WITH RED POTATOES - BIGOVEN
MASHED POTATOES WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND SHALLOTS RECIPE
ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH GARLIC, ROSEMARY & SHALLOTS
SHALLOT & HERB ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST ROASTED GARLIC POTATO SALAD RECIPE (WITH HOW-TO VIDEO)
ROASTED POTATOES WITH FRESH DILL AND SHALLOTS RECIPE
ROASTED BREAKFAST POTATOES (HOME FRIES) - COOKIE AND KATE
NEW POTATOES CRUSHED AND ROASTED - THERESCIPES.INFO
PAN-ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS - STEVEN AND CHRIS
ROASTED POTATO AND SHALLOT SALAD WITH MARINATED MUSHROOMS AND …
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED SHALLOTS AND PARSNIPS WITH BACON & WALNUT CRUMB
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook roast potatoes with shallots and salt?Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes. Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to shallots.
How long do you cook shallots in the oven?Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in lowest position. Toss shallots with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13-by 9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly. Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes.
How far in advance can you roast shallots?Shallots (but not potatoes) can be roasted (for 30 minutes only) 1 day ahead and chilled. How would you rate Roasted Potatoes and Shallots?
How long does it take to cook potatoes in a roaster?Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes. Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to shallots. Roast, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are crusty, 40 to 50 minutes.