WHOLE ROASTED SHALLOTS AND POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY
I wanted to roast shallots the other day and found this recipe on the back of the package. I'm so glad I tried it, it smells wonderful too! We had it with roast chicken, but I'm sure it would go equally well with roast lamb or beef.
Provided by -Sylvie-
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- In a large baking tray mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar (you can leave the balsamic vinegar out if you don't have any or don't like it), add the whole twigs of rosemary.
- Add the shallots and potatoes, stir so everything gets coated well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Depending on the size of the vegetables and your oven, they might take a little less or longer, according to some reviews it might be worth checking after about 45 minutes.
- Stir once or twice while roasting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.1, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 38.6, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 3.1, Protein 4.8
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
Provided by Ruth Cousineau
Categories Potato Side Christmas Thanksgiving Dinner Fall Winter Potluck Shallot Gourmet Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in lowest position.
- Toss shallots with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13-by 9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to shallots.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are crusty, 40 to 50 minutes.
ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS
Make and share this Roasted New Potatoes With Shallots recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Parsley
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the potatoes with the shallots in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients; toss to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and roast for about 30 minutes, mixing about halfway through.
THYME ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
This quick, versatile side dish complements any main, especially those with boldly flavored sauces or marinades. New potatoes cook quickly when halved, so pair this dish with an easy main, such as grilled chicken or salmon. Roasting potatoes is a great way to get the satisfying side dish crunch you crave without the calories of French fries. You can easily adjust this recipe to your palate preferences, but we think the thyme-shallot combo brings out the best flavor of this easy potato side dish. Save this one for busy weeknights, or when you need a little lightened up comfort food on the side.
Provided by Adam Hickman
Yield Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 475°F (leave pan in oven as it preheats).
- Combine oil, salt, pepper, potatoes, and shallots in a bowl; toss to coat. Add potato mixture to pan; bake at 475°F for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, stirring once after 7 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven; sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 261 mg, Sugar 2 g
RACK OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roast the potatoes on a flat sheet pan until almost cooked through, approximately 20 minutes. Allow the potatoes to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes, or until they can be easily handled.
- With a paring knife, remove the skins of the potatoes without cutting into the potato itself. Place the peeled potatoes into a bowl. Combine the oil and rosemary. Place half of the mixture into the bowl of potatoes and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Return the potatoes to the sheet pan. Rub the lamb with the remaining half of the oil and rosemary mixture. Season with salt and pepper. In a heated saute pan, or on a hot grill, sear the loins on all sides. Place the potatoes and lamb in the preheated oven (on separate pans).
- Combine seasoned rice wine vinegar and minced shallots in a small bowl.
- When internal temperature of the lamb is 120 degrees, remove the lamb and let it rest for about 5 to 7 minutes. When lamb has rested, the potatoes will be ready. Toss them in the oil in which they were cooked to prevent dryness and ensure even seasoning.
- Pour the juices from the lamb into the bowl containing the shallots and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. While constantly whisking, slowly pour in 1/4 cup of olive oil. To present, arrange the potatoes on plate, slightly off center. Use vegetables of your choice and place next to potatoes. Slice lamb into 4 equal-sized pieces. Fan the pieces using the bone for height in presentation. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
ROASTED POTATOES, CARROTS AND SHALLOTS WITH ROSEMARY
Categories Potato Side Roast Rosemary Carrot Winter Shallot Bon Appétit Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine potatoes, carrots, shallots and oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer vegetables to roasting pan. Roast until vegetables are almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Add rosemary and roast until vegetables are golden brown and tender, about 15 minutes longer. Transfer vegetables to bowl.
SALT-ROASTED POTATOES, SHALLOTS, AND CHESTNUTS
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Holidays & Events Christmas Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 cup salt into a 2-quart baking dish. Stand potatoes, chestnuts, and shallots upright in salt, nestled together with rosemary in between. Pour remaining 2 cups salt over top; shake dish gently to distribute evenly. Cover with parchment-lined foil and bake until potatoes and shallots are tender, about 2 hours. Keep covered at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Remove potatoes, chestnuts, and shallots from dish, rubbing off any large bits of salt. Discard salt and rosemary. Slice potatoes and shallots in half (or quarters, if large) and arrange on a serving platter with chestnuts (also cut in half, if large). Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
YUKON GOLD MASHED POTATOES WITH ROASTED SHALLOTS
Roasted shallots and fresh thyme give these potatoes an added depth of flavor. Preparation time is 20 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
Provided by Robyn Webb
Categories Side Dish Potato Side Dish Recipes Mashed Potato Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the shallots, oil, broth, thyme, pepper and salt in a small casserole dish. Cover and roast until the shallots are very soft and brown, about 45 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and place the potatoes back in the pot over low heat to dry.
- Heat the milk over medium low heat. Add it to the potatoes and beat with a mixer. Add the roasted shallots and beat again until potatoes are smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 60.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
ROAST BEEF WITH NEW POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
This is a simple recipe for a trusted Sunday meal, with roasted potatoes and shallots.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Beef Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes and shallots with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Push vegetables to edges of baking sheet; place roast in the center. Turn roast to coat with oil on pan, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing potatoes and shallots occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 130 degrees; for medium-rare, 40 to 50 minutes. Let beef rest 10 minutes, loosely covered with aluminum foil, before slicing and serving with potatoes and shallots.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 g, Fat 13 g, Protein 45 g, SaturatedFat 3 g
More about "roasted potatoes and shallots recipes"
ROASTED POTATO AND SHALLOT SALAD - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
ZCLOSED CLARK'S IGA STORES - RECIPE: ROASTED RED POTATOES AND …
MASHED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES AND POTATOES
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH MUSHROOMS AND SHALLOTS RECIPE
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS - GOING MY WAYZ
BALSAMIC ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
ROAST POTATOES WITH THYME, SHALLOTS AND GARLIC - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
ROASTED SHALLOTS AND POTATOES - TASTYCOOKERY
BACON-ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPY SHALLOT ROASTED POTATOES - TASTEFULLY GRACE
ROASTED GARLIC AND SHALLOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
SHALLOT & HERB ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
ROAST POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND ROSEMARY | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
ROASTED CRUSHED POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS, GARLIC & HERBS
ROASTED POTATOES WITH TOMATO AND SHALLOT - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS | A HINT OF HONEY
ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES AND SHALLOTS - WOMAN'S DAY
POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED POTATOES WITH FRESH DILL AND SHALLOTS RECIPE
ROASTED ONION POTATO SOUP WITH CRISPY FRIED SHALLOTS
PAN-ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS - STEVEN AND CHRIS
ROASTED CARROTS POTATOES AND SHALLOTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
CRISPY ROASTED PURPLE POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND CHIVES
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
SHALLOT ROASTED POTATOES | RECIPE
ROASTED GARLIC AND CARAMELIZED SHALLOT MASHED POTATOES ...
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CHICKPEAS AND POTATOES
ROASTED POTATO AND SHALLOT SALAD WITH MARINATED MUSHROOMS AND …
ROASTED SHALLOTS WITH RED POTATOES - BIGOVEN
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND PEARS - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ROASTED POTATO, SHALLOT AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD RECIPE
ROASTED POTATO SALAD WITH SOUR CREAM AND SHALLOTS - SAVEUR
ROASTED SHALLOT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ROASTED CARROTS, POTATOES, AND SHALLOTS | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love